Options

***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Options
    yield2me wrote:
    I totally hear you and I feel the same way at times. It seems that I go through periods where I feel totally betrayed then I listen to an album or like recently watch the new DVD and my hope is restored...but I agree that I now see the band in a different light which sucks :(

I'm right there with you.........it really SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,032
    pathorses wrote:
    I'm right there with you.........it really SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
    It's all about the $$$$$$

Sucks!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    f#ck it bump
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    haha southerners fucking rock

seriously. Pj dont know what they iz missin

Man... times like these though... going through some really heavy stuff today

and "come back " is really soothing as hell.
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    there you go... Brad...in NYC

Spread the wealth guys.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

Choose Free WiLL
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    PTS. Play the South. PTS. Play the South. PTS. PLay the South. PTS. Play the South. PTS. Play the South. PTS. PLay the South. PTS. Play the South. PTS. Play the South. PTS. PLay the South. PTS. Play the South. PTS. Play the South. PTS. PLay the South. PTS. Play the South. PTS. Play the South. PTS. PLay the South. PTS. Play the South. PTS. Play the South. PTS. PLay the South.PTS. Play the South. PTS. Play the South. PTS. PLay the South.PTS. Play the South. PTS. Play the South. PTS. PLay the South.PTS. Play the South. PTS. Play the South. PTS. PLay the South.PTS. Play the South. PTS. Play the South. PTS. PLay the South.PTS. Play the South. PTS. Play the South. PTS. PLay the South.PTS. Play the South. PTS. Play the South. PTS. PLay the South.PTS. Play the South. PTS. Play the South. PTS. PLay the South.PTS. Play the South. PTS. Play the South. PTS. PLay the South.
    Shows Attended:1996-09-28|1996-09-29|1998-08-29|1998-09-18|2000-09-02|
    2000-10-08|2000-10-09|2003-04-19|2003-04-28|2003-05-03|2005-09-15|
    2005-09-16|2008-06-16|2008-06-19|2008-06-20|2008-06-22
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    playthesouth

choosefreewill

playthesouth

• Options
    Is this the biggest thread ever? Won't be long befor we hit 1000 pages. Pretty impressive!
    92 Atlanta; 93 Boulder; 94 Denver 1-2; 95 Red Rocks 1-2; 96 Charlotte, Charleston; 98 Atlanta, Greenville, Knoxville, Columbia, Washington; 99 Bridge 1-2; 00 Atlanta, Vegas; 01 Bridge 1-2, Seattle; 02 Seattle; 03 Vegas, Bridge 1-2; 04 Asheville; 05 Toronto; 06 E. Ruth 1-2, Hawaii 1-2; 07 London; 08 Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Hartford, Boston 1 & 2, Beacon
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I hope they play here but there are going to have to be more people show up then did for the DVD screening last night in Atlanta. There was a small crowd but far from sold out. I guess it probably had a lot to do with the lack of advertising though.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    stateesha wrote:
    Is this the biggest thread ever? Won't be long befor we hit 1000 pages. Pretty impressive!

Yea, I think a few of us need to start talking shit to each other to get this thread locked ;)
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,116
    Play the South
    Play the South
    Play the South
    Play the South
    Play the South
    Play the South
    Play the South
    Play the South
    Play the South
    Play the South
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    intodeep wrote:
    I hope they play here but there are going to have to be more people show up then did for the DVD screening last night in Atlanta. There was a small crowd but far from sold out. I guess it probably had a lot to do with the lack of advertising though.

That's sad because Atlanta is usually a pretty good town for Pearl Jam.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:

I'd say it was probably a lack of they haven't been to Atlanta in, what, 4 years? They've shown no love....

But I would have come if I lived there!!! :)
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need ~ BenHarper

http://www.myspace.com/soulshine70
  • Options
    stateesha wrote:
    The original "Music Game" was closed down when it approached or hit 50,000 posts....I believe....kat told the players that it was too big at that point.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    I have a feeling they will come around the next album.
    Dallas '98 - Dallas '00 - OKC '03 - Dallas '03

www.myspace.com/lance_gray

www.bonafidedarling.com
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    The original "Music Game" was closed down when it approached or hit 50,000 posts....I believe....kat told the players that it was too big at that point.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

so our goal is to get the band to tour the south before we reach 50,000 posts?

playthesouth
    freewill
    playthesouth

• Options
    Definitely time for the guys to come back to the Southeast. I don't care where.... Atlanta, Charlotte, Birmingham, Memphis, New Orleans, Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, etc.

Maybe they could play New Orleans and do something to promote the rebuilding efforts along the Gulf Coast.
    United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
    Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

• Options
    PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
  • Options
    Daily bumpin's and beggin's! Just give us some hope or an update or a maybe! PLAY THE SOUTH AGAIN!!!! ITS BEEN TOO LONG! AHH!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    Play the south. Or at least Texas.

:|
  • Options
    glbglb Posts: 356
    a quick calc puts the south at 14835 posts. Assuming there are always 15 posts per page. and no I didn't make sure the last page had 15 posts, so maybe a few less.
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • Options
    PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Playthesouth

Save Free Will

Playthesouth

• Options
    PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,116
    not good...it was down on the third page...gotta keep people reminded of our worthy cause

Play the South
    Play the South
    Play the South
    Play the South
    Play the South
    Play the South
    Play the South
    Play the South
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    BamaPJFan wrote:
    Definitely time for the guys to come back to the Southeast. I don't care where.... Atlanta, Charlotte, Birmingham, Memphis, New Orleans, Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, etc.

Maybe they could play New Orleans and do something to promote the rebuilding efforts along the Gulf Coast.

That sounds like something that could actually happen! They did some fund raising for Katrina victims in the past, right? And Stone contributed money to a high school in south Florida to help build a solar powered hurricane shelter.....maybe there is some hope there...?

Play the South!
  • Options
    It has been a long time but I just have to say

Please Play the South as soon as you can.

PS I love No Ceiling on the Into the Wild Soundtrack, along with Society and Setting Forth and Far Behind and every other song on that release. Man i swear that for me, music does not get any better then Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam.

Peace and hope you all are doing well. Keep believing!
    Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
  • Options
    It has been a long time but I just have to say

Please Play the South as soon as you can.

PS I love No Ceiling on the Into the Wild Soundtrack, along with Society and Setting Forth and Far Behind and every other song on that release. Man i swear that for me, music does not get any better then Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam.

Peace and hope you all are doing well. Keep believing!
    Welcome back, brother....still chasing lizards???

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S