S

P
    T
    S

is it alright if i steal your "location" ? :D

seems fitting.
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    As a staunch supporter of caplitalism and a fervent fan of Pearl Jam.... am going to watch my new DVD, Immagine...now... which I bought with my good old southern money.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    SPALMA wrote:
    As a staunch supporter of caplitalism and a fervent fan of Pearl Jam.... am going to watch my new DVD, Immagine...now... which I bought with my good old southern money.

Just finished watching the DVD. Awesome. :) Danny Clinch needs to do all their DVDs.

PLAY THE SOUTH
    come back
    Brian
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    NCBRI wrote:
    Just finished watching the DVD. Awesome. :) Danny Clinch needs to do all their DVDs.

PLAY THE SOUTH
    come back

Just got it, can't wait to watch it in the morning!
  • Options
    DVD was fine, really wonderful work. Lots of Ed. Even heartwarming shots of Ed with Olivia. Didn't show other band members interacting with their families, though. Definite lack of Stone.

Mike had a red t-shirt that said "great southern" on the front, I think. Couldn't see the rest. Wonder what that was about.

Music , well it is just like it was in Portugal.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

Playtheesouth youpussies don'tjustteaseus

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Have not purchased said dvd....on the fence.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    Have not purchased said dvd....on the fence.

I caved... it is really good.

Another beautiful day on the beach - long walk with intermittant showers, no people and lots of wildlife...

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

• Options
    Yeah wildlife.........:D

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Orderd the DVD but did not got it yet.Lack of Stone? That sucks!!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    stoneg wrote:
    Orderd the DVD but did not got it yet.Lack of Stone? That sucks!!

yeah, sorry stoneg, I thought there was little footage of him (and Matt) but this may be my own iimpression. At least, in the non-concert takes. Not sure. would like to hear what others think.

Hope you get this delivery ... you've had bad luck before.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

• Options
    watched it last night with a nice bottle of wine....Italy is beautiful, makes me want to go to Europe even more. Nicely done video, I enjoyed it very much.
  • Options
    PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
  • Options
    SPALMA wrote:
    yeah, sorry stoneg, I thought there was little footage of him (and Matt) but this may be my own iimpression. At least, in the non-concert takes. Not sure. would like to hear what others think.

Hope you get this delivery ... you've had bad luck before.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

I caved, too and I agree about not much Matt or Stone. I have to say I enjoyed watching it last night......

Did anybody catch the part where Ed says "We go where they tell us to?" Or something close to that....It's when he's with Boom talking to the guy about organs. The man seems to not have a clue who they are but he's impressed that so many people are coming to see them and he wonders why they're playing in that city. It must be a small place, sorry I can't remember the name and my geography SUX! Anyway, it's just something I picked up on, but I'm still pissed off at them!!! I did cave on this DVD but I haven't done "Into the Wild" and don't plan to. I might see the movie, however......

peace,
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • Options
    PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
  • Options
    pathorses wrote:
    I caved, too and I agree about not much Matt or Stone. I have to say I enjoyed watching it last night......

Did anybody catch the part where Ed says "We go where they tell us to?" Or something close to that....It's when he's with Boom talking to the guy about organs. The man seems to not have a clue who they are but he's impressed that so many people are coming to see them and he wonders why they're playing in that city. It must be a small place, sorry I can't remember the name and my geography SUX! Anyway, it's just something I picked up on, but I'm still pissed off at them!!! I did cave on this DVD but I haven't done "Into the Wild" and don't plan to. I might see the movie, however......

peace,
    Pat

pistoia i believe...he did say he goes where they tell him to go...nice catch there, it went right over my head, must have been the wine ;)
  • Options
    pathorses wrote:

peace,
    Pat

Yeah, there was that part (I just go where they tell me) and also when Ed was interviewed (in front of the animal print scarf on wall in dressing room) when he was talking about the band (I think) and said something like.... he tries to distance himself between "legs" ...he didn't know what "it" is supposed to be like or where it will go, and how not knowing led them to try new things.... it was confusing... but I got the feeling that he really didn't know what was going to happen in the future.

No plan, rudderless ship... I just didn't feel good about that (evem though I did not really understand it). Hope I am wrong - big time.

And it could be the editing ... made to be vague.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

• Options
    Doin' my part to keep this puppy going! Bumpin's and beggin's for the south! COME ON GIVE US SOME SHOWS!!!!!!!!!! AGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH! PTS
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Immagine in The South

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    till they are told to come see us
    Brian
  • Options
    SPALMA wrote:
    Yeah, there was that part (I just go where they tell me) and also when Ed was interviewed (in front of the animal print scarf on wall in dressing room) when he was talking about the band (I think) and said something like.... he tries to distance himself between "legs" ...he didn't know what "it" is supposed to be like or where it will go, and how not knowing led them to try new things.... it was confusing... but I got the feeling that he really didn't know what was going to happen in the future.

No plan, rudderless ship... I just didn't feel good about that (evem though I did not really understand it). Hope I am wrong - big time.

And it could be the editing ... made to be vague.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

Yeah, I agree, very vague and it's like he's taking no responsibilty. The more I think about it, the more it really SUCKS that they aren't in control of their shit..........I don't believe it for a minute. Not sure what he's selling but I'm not buying it. I don't think it was directed at us (Southerners) necessarily, but he's trying to skip responsibilty for what the band does and I'm calling bullshit! It would be the first time.......right?

Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • Options
    PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    pathorses wrote:

peace,
    Pat

I've given them the benefit of the doubt.....

signed with new record co....

they had this plan....

and the fella's followed it......

plan included some sweet dates in Europe...

and hence we lowley southeners lost out in this global economy....

now we know they stand for peace, freadom and equality....

soooooooooooo.....they're feeling our pain.....and will hit the south hard once they get tired of cleaning diapers.

Anyone see interview with charlie rose, eddie and sean???
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    they arent coming, let the thread die. give it up. not coming.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    they arent coming, let the thread die. give it up. not coming.

please remind us again tomorrow...

thanks
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Maybe we can get Eddie to tour in the South. He said he might want to play smaller venues. The Cat's Cradle in Chapel Hill is a great and classic choice for that, and I'm sure there are more of them in other southern states.
    "The ocean's made me, but who came up with love?"

D.C. '00
    West Palm Beach '03
    Tampa '03
    Philadelphia '03
    Albany '03
    Mexico City 1,2,3 '03
    Pittsburgh '06
    Cincinnati '06
    NYC 2 '10
    Costa Rica '11
    Mexico City '15
    Dana Point '21
    Chicago 2 '24
  • Options
    PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
  • Options
    Dollpartz wrote:
    watched it last night with a nice bottle of wine....Italy is beautiful, makes me want to go to Europe even more. Nicely done video, I enjoyed it very much.

I, too, watched the DVD this weekend. And a repeat of Iconoclast with Eddie and Laird....and as mad as I've been that they haven't come to see 'me', With the first sight of Ed in the DVD, I wasn't mad anymore and PJ has been a constant on my ipod since Friday, after not listening for months.....

great DVD.

I think I'll go watch again. :)
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need ~ BenHarper

http://www.myspace.com/soulshine70
  • Options
    PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
  • Options
    pathorses wrote:
    Yeah, I agree, very vague and it's like he's taking no responsibilty. The more I think about it, the more it really SUCKS that they aren't in control of their shit..........I don't believe it for a minute. Not sure what he's selling but I'm not buying it. I don't think it was directed at us (Southerners) necessarily, but he's trying to skip responsibilty for what the band does and I'm calling bullshit! It would be the first time.......right?

Pat

Yeah, I certainly did not think it was directed at anybody in particular... I just thought it was strange, the "I am helpless... mea culpa.." approach he was taking. It seemed rather immature... saying I am not in control..as an excuse... why? Is there going to be some finger pointing? Or have the members of the band just given up? Are they united at all?

Anyway, probably reading much more into it that is valid, but there were just some odd little segments in the interviews.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

if"THEY"letyou

• Options
    PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
  • Options
    BUMP!

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y