T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    tybird wrote:
    I guess if you live in an ivory tower, it's okay to throw out out stereotypes/generalizations at people that you think may not agree with you...that's basically what he is doing....that's being an asshole in my book. He's also being a divider not a uniter...in his political rhetoric....he does basically the same thing that Karl Rove does...slanders those that don't agree with his side. The country don't need anymore of that shit......we have had enough for the last 30 years.

PLAYTHESOUTH

i still can't bring myself to call him an asshole, but i do hear what you are saying. and it just sucks because its about the MUSIC, and its not supposed to be about politics, but thats the message we keep getting. its fucked up and its wrong.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Dollpartz wrote:
    i still can't bring myself to call him an asshole, but i do hear what you are saying. and it just sucks because its about the MUSIC, and its not supposed to be about politics, but thats the message we keep getting. its fucked up and its wrong.
    One can deliver a message or a point of view through the music and through their actions.....act an ass, and I pay your message no attention. Be pompous...once again, I ignore your message. If you want to save the world, then quit acting just like a neo-con. There is no difference in how Keith Oblermann and Rush Limbaugh deliver their message.....different message, same tactics. This is one reason that those who oppose the neo-cons never seem to gain any ground in their struggle.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Please play the south, dudes. The food alone is worth the trip.
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Dollpartz wrote:

your totally right. It IS about the music. I feel like we are being outcasted from pearl jam, i really do. I live in the south, but i have never supported bush or any of that crap. I feel like we are being lumped into a category of right winged fuckheads/dumbfucks simply because we live in the south. Im sorry but no one is better than me simply because of my location.

Ed/Pearl Jam....

get to know us before you judge :)
  • Options
    onski12 wrote:
    Please play the south, dudes. The food alone is worth the trip.
    Welcome aboard....thanks for the post. :)

Mandi...I agree with everything you say...the media paints the South as a place awash with Republicans...which is not true, but who I am to argue with the great Sean Penn...what could I possibly know that he doesn't know? :rolleyes:

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    Welcome aboard....thanks for the post. :)

Mandi...I agree with everything you say...the media paints the South as a place awash with Republicans...which is not true, but who I am to argue with the great Sean Penn...what could I possibly know that he doesn't know? :rolleyes:

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

lol

yeah apparently when you become famous, you get a hell of alot smarter than the rest of us backwoods retards :D

*goes back to doing unimportant normal being things*

PTS
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    It seems as if Edward has had some sort of bias toward the southern states for a while.

I remember his rant in '98:

"After 'MFC,' Ed takes a swig of beer and a woman yells, "Hey, Ed! Gimme some of that beer," prompting him to respond: "What? All I heard was 'Hey, Ed. Gimme some of that either beer, pick or your dick' ... and I got lots of beer, lots of picks and only one dick ... and I ain't wasting it on a boring ass place like Knoxville."

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    It seems as if Edward has had some sort of bias toward the southern states for a while.

I remember his rant in '98:

"After 'MFC,' Ed takes a swig of beer and a woman yells, "Hey, Ed! Gimme some of that beer," prompting him to respond: "What? All I heard was 'Hey, Ed. Gimme some of that either beer, pick or your dick' ... and I got lots of beer, lots of picks and only one dick ... and I ain't wasting it on a boring ass place like Knoxville."

PBM
    Also see "One Note" from the bootleg of the 2003 Birmingham show. :(

I am glad that somebody is better than all of us.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    Also see "One Note" from the bootleg of the 2003 Birmingham show. :(

That was quite cruel.

We're like Farrah Fawcett in The Burning Bed...we keep taking this abuse...then, one day, we'll have a melt down.

We're in an abusive relationship...we all need counseling.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    That was quite cruel.

We're like Farrah Fawcett in The Burning Bed...we keep taking this abuse...then, one day, we'll have a melt down.

PBM

exactly.

Ill see Pearl Jam in HR!
  • Options
    That was quite cruel.

PBM
    Counseling........like that would be something new for me..:D

If we were all cold-hearted, backwoods Neo-cons....would I have earned my fourth "Gallon" pin from the American Red Cross this morning??? That's a lot of blood, baby.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    That's a lot of blood, baby.

"Paint Ed big...turn Ed into...one of his enemies..."

PBM

• Options
    "Paint Ed big...turn Ed into...one of his enemies..."

PBM
    :D:D:D:p

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
  • Options
    your totally right. It IS about the music. I feel like we are being outcasted from pearl jam, i really do. I live in the south, but i have never supported bush or any of that crap. I feel like we are being lumped into a category of right winged fuckheads/dumbfucks simply because we live in the south. Im sorry but no one is better than me simply because of my location.

Ed/Pearl Jam....

get to know us before you judge :)

i have literally lived in every part of the country, including the great and powerful pacific northwest, and i can tell you without hesitation that there are right wing fuckhead/dumbfuck rednecks EVERYWHERE!!!! so it absolutely pisses me off to be judged based on my geographic location. this where i happen to live NOW. so what??? i have never supported bush, don't support the war, in fact, i have my PJ NO WAR dog tags hanging proudly from my RVM in my car (my compact eco-friendly car)....shocking, i know, but i dont drive a fucking truck!!!!

i happen to agree with most of ed's political points of view, but i live in florida, so that automatically makes me one of the "bad guys"? Fuck that, i mean, when i saw that quote this morning, i felt a glimmer of hope that maybe they would be back to play another VFC show next year, but the more i think about it, it just sounds like another big "FUCK YOU" to all of the mouthbreathin rednecks in the south from the holier than thou's on the west coast...its gettin/gotten old and its fuckin sad.

JUST SAY NO TO NEGATIVE STEREOTYPES.

pts
  • Options
    Hmm...a revolt in the thread.

It looks like the South will rise again ;)

PBM

• Options
    Hmm...a revolt in the thread.

It looks like the South will rise again ;)

PBM

hey, don't threaten me with a good time ;)
  • Options
    Dollpartz wrote:

Awesome.

Will you stay in this thread and continue to champion the south?

PBM

• Options
    Awesome.

Will you stay in this thread and continue to champion the south?

PBM

hell yea!
  • Options
    Do I get to hand the back-stage passes to PBM???? :D

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
  • Options
    Dollpartz wrote:

FINALLY, something interesting on this thread!!!!

I'm somewhat embarrassed, but delighted, to find I'm not the only one watching that train wreck........!!

PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!!!!!

Peace,
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • Options
    pathorses wrote:
    FINALLY, something interesting on this thread!!!!

I'm somewhat embarrassed, but delighted, to find I'm not the only one watching that train wreck........!!

PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!!!!!

Peace,
    Pat

oh yea, i started another thread devoted to this show and thats exactly what i called it, a freakin trainwreck, and yet I can't look away! i have become somewhat of a reality tv junkie since i am also addicted to top chef and the biggest loser....holy hell, i need a life!!!

pts pearl jam!!!!
  • Options
    Bump Bump Beg Beg Give us something! PTS!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    Dollpartz wrote:
    oh yea, i started another thread devoted to this show and thats exactly what i called it, a freakin trainwreck, and yet I can't look away! i have become somewhat of a reality tv junkie since i am also addicted to top chef and the biggest loser....holy hell, i need a life!!!

pts pearl jam!!!!
    Rock of Love, Scott Baio and Celebrity Fit Club are faves around here.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
  • Options
    Dollpartz wrote:

pts pearl jam!!!!

Great minds think alike, right??

I, too, desperately need a life!!!

I don't watch the other two but I'll have to check them out.........
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • Options
    tybird wrote:

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

OH MY GOD, you're VH1 people, just like me!!! You do know that you can catch these on Sunday morning, as opposed to Sunday night, right? Scott's show is gone, but I'm sure he'll be back now that girlfriend is "with child".........

I'm sure you have a full life, Ty, but I'm now really wondering about mine.....at least you're not watching this shite alone.......

DAMN: PLAY THE SOUTH SO I CAN QUIT WITH THE REALITY BULLSHIT FOR AT LEAST ONE WEEKEND!!!!!!

Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • Options
    tybird wrote:

oh yea, forgot about those two....celebrity fat club is another one of my favorites. and that one with danny bonaduce wasn't bad either.....

note to self: get a freakin life! ;)
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Good Bush vs. Bad Bush

PLAY THE SOUTH
    longitudes, latitudes, it's so absurd
    Brian
  • Options
    Dollpartz wrote:
    oh yea, forgot about those two....celebrity fat club is another one of my favorites. and that one with danny bonaduce wasn't bad either.....

note to self: get a freakin life! ;)
    The Bonaduce was actually kind of sad.......just watching him piss everything away. I have gained some respect for Baio since his series.

As to Fit Club, I so wanted Sgt. Harvey to lay the smackdown on Screech so bad. :D

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    bump

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    up here in our tree
    Brian