Options

***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    tybird wrote:
    We would march on PJ headquarters!!!!!!! ;)

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

Ha ha very good!!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Ha ha very good!!
    It would also be legal grounds for a "fan divorce." Would honestly have to consider it under your model.

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    PLAY THE SOUTH
    just because
    Brian
  • Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    edited July 2012
    If PJam announced a world tour in 2008 and skipped "the South" again, would you completely freak out and give up on them or would you travel??

Just curious (not tryin to bust your balls!!)

Post edited by Fahka on
  • Options
    hahah fan divorce ;p
    Always happy to entertain.....:D

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    GalianaGaliana Posts: 554
    I consider myself "divorced." It's just a matter of priciple. The fans made the band who they are, and the band should be the one to travel to the fans, not the other way around. I've moved on to other bands that won't put politics above principle (and I still believe that politics played a part in this.)
    Don't threaten me with a good time.
  • Options
    gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    daystar143 wrote:
    I came late to this post, a couple of hectic weeks at work, but thank you for making my Friday afternoon. The South is my home and no matter how far I travel, no other place will be as lovely or welcoming. For someone who is looking to return to her hometown after a many year absence, truly, I will experience pain, redemption, and the memory of my grandmother's hands...tatting a lace border for a dress she made for me.

Indeed, there is nothing the music can't handle and no where else that I would rather be.

you can take the girl out of the south, but you can't take the south out of the girl. i've been there, ain't nothing like home. take care.
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    PLAY THE SOUTH
    I triple dog dare ya
    Brian
  • Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    This time last year, I was driving to the Gorge.............

PLAY THE SOUTH, IT'S COOLER HERE THAN IT WAS THERE!!!!!!!!
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Florida 08' Florida 08' Florida 08'!!!!!! Please play the South!!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    aggietomaggietom Posts: 26
    For the love of God, at least play a couple of shows in Texas.
  • Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    well shit. Who is gonna tell me what southern message to hold up at lolla?
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279

You going??? Cool. enjoy and tell us all about it. Hope you get close enough to give 'em five.

I held the sign "Play The South" in Lisbon and Ed knew exactly what I was talking about. - and I didn't even say "please".

playthesouth
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    SPALMA wrote:
    You going??? Cool. enjoy and tell us all about it. Hope you get close enough to give 'em five.

I held the sign "Play The South" in Lisbon and Ed knew exactly what I was talking about. - and I didn't even say "please".

playthesouth
    Great to see ya back..........doin' all right??

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    P T S
    P T S
    P T S
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    wahinewahine Posts: 86
    ppts!
    please play the south!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine. I Am Mine
    Til the Lightning Bolt sets you free

Wahine - I'm a Lightning Bolt

9/2/98, 7/1/03, 10/3/05, 5/30/06, 6/17/08, ED-8/16/08, 10/30/09, 5/13/10, 10/29/13, 10/14/14

-RIP Hippiemom -
  • Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Please Mandi put up anything about playing the south.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    SPALMA wrote:

playthesouth

yes m'am... my boy ended up finding a pretty good deal through greyhound (Flights were just way too expensive) and surprised me with it.

How are you feelin dear?
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Hi folks... am doing much better .. feel human again (in small increments)... they found some funkiness on my spleen during this surgery which they biopsied - will find out Thurs I guess. May have another surgery again soon... we'll see.

The upside is that I have a cool polaroid of my spleen, liver and gall bladder - very clear, sharp picture!

Mandi, wish I were going with you - glad you could get a good deal - hold up anything you want to say!! We are behind you.

playthesouth
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    yes m'am... my boy ended up finding a pretty good deal through greyhound (Flights were just way too expensive) and surprised me with it.

How are you feelin dear?

Have a blast Mandie!!!
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    SPALMA wrote:
    Hi folks... am doing much better .. feel human again (in small increments)... they found some funkiness on my spleen during this surgery which they biopsied - will find out Thurs I guess. May have another surgery again soon... we'll see.

The upside is that I have a cool polaroid of my spleen, liver and gall bladder - very clear, sharp picture!

Mandi, wish I were going with you - glad you could get a good deal - hold up anything you want to say!! We are behind you.

playthesouth
    Hope everything is going good with you Spalma.You have our prayers.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012