Options

***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Thanks guys,

Yup, all will be well... corrective surgery.. painful but better in the end. No worries...

spiritual huh?.... I like that - I do rail against doctrine though ... and am the most unorthodox... but I'm happy being green.
    (no, I haven't started the good drugs yet - that is tomorrow at 2:50pm).

I actually planned this surgery around PJ (hurried to have it set up this summer) and was somewhat glad they have no tour planned this fall. I plan to be 100% by the time they get down here.

playthesouth
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    SPALMA wrote:
    Thanks guys,

Yup, all will be well... corrective surgery.. painful but better in the end. No worries...

spiritual huh?.... I like that - I do rail against doctrine though ... and am the most unorthodox... but I'm happy being green.

I actually planned this surgery around PJ (hurried to have it set up this summer) and was somewhat glad they have no tour planned this fall. I plan to be 100% by the time they get down here.

playthesouth
    Good luck....and see you on the other side. :)

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    SPALMA wrote:
    Thanks guys,

playthesouth

good luck girl!

and remember, anesthesia is your friend!
  • Options
    pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    SPALMA wrote:
    Thanks guys,

playthesouth

I like your optimism about being "100% by the time they get down here." From your mouth to their ears........!!!

PTS PTS PTS PTS PTS

I seriously hope everything goes well with your surgery and your recovery is as easy as possible! Take the good drugs!

Peace,
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    edited July 2012
    best of lucky dolly parts...
    Post edited by Fahka on
  • Options
    Thanks everyone... see you on the flip side.

playthesouth

• Options
    SPALMA wrote:
    Thanks everyone... see you on the flip side.

playthesouth
    Godspeed......

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Bump for more NEW people to sign. Gonna have to have another "Lurker Day" soon. Gotta find my old post/delcaration on that one.

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    we wan't our own palooza
    Brian
  • Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    best of lucky dolly parts...

(and about your sign/ed post, i dont think him personally walking up to me, puckering up, and kissing me directly on the bootay would make me feel better at this point :D )

thanks mandie, but what are you wishing ME luck for? me thinks you have me mixed up with la spalma....?

and play the south, bitches!!!! muah!
  • Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    lug nutlug nut Posts: 11
    I still stop by regularly to see what is going on. Good to see my name is still in the top 50.

swell shit - i didn't make top 50 list but i guess i am like a puerto rico or something - a territory with no statehood - also like puerto rico i am very far south (but still had to pay big taxes this year so no travel to chicago or anywhere - i think NC has the highest or one of the highest tax rates in the south )- anyway PTS for us poor homefried homebound bastards.....

spalma, JTR - look forward to seeing you again soon - this fall i suppose - was listening to denver boot yesterday in fact - peace in waiting...

top 10 lurkers:

#1 PTS
    #6 mike
    #7 - me
    #8 - PTFS!
  • Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    lug nut wrote:
    swell shit - i didn't make top 50 list but i guess i am like a puerto rico or something - a territory with no statehood - also like puerto rico i am very far south (but still had to pay big taxes this year so no travel to chicago or anywhere - i think NC has the highest or one of the highest tax rates in the south )- anyway PTS for us poor homefried homebound bastards.....

spalma, JTR - look forward to seeing you again soon - this fall i suppose - was listening to denver boot yesterday in fact - peace in waiting...

top 10 lurkers:

#1 PTS
    #6 mike
    #7 - me
    #8 - PTFS!

You are always top on my list. Can't wait for Pearl Jam to give us the opporunity to make some plans. playthesouth

• Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    presenttentspresenttents Posts: 171
    just dropping in after a long sabotical.

peace,

presenttents
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    JTR wrote:
    So am I the only one of the Fabulous Fifty going to Lollapalooza?

I know LeatherMandi isn't going - she made that clear.

Anyone else? Ty?

don't know about the "50", but i'm considering it. depends on how flights look....

it's been 4 fucking years. i'm about to break

i can't believe i actually have over 500 posts in this thread, considering it's been over 4 months since i posted regularly here

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    NCBRI wrote:
    In fact, I have a proclimation to announce:

I, the reasonably honorable NCBRI, and speaking on behalf of the various contributors to this thread, do declare today March 7th to be Lurker Day. All lurkers are offered assylum on this day for the year 2007 and all years that follow. Please feel free to introduce yourselves, grab some pie and punch and post your desire to see PJ play your southern "backyard".

"Vive La Résistance."

I declare today July 18th National Lurker Day Part Deux! I hear the cool kids are calling it Lurkerpalooza. ;)

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    and drive us mad the abiding does
    Brian
  • Options
    NCBRI wrote:
    I declare today July 18th National Lurker Day Part Deux! I hear the cool kids are calling it Lurkerpalooza. ;)

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    and drive us mad the abiding does
    How making the 19th "Lurkerpalooza"......give them a whole day to come out of hiding????

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    How making the 19th "Lurkerpalooza"......give them a whole day to come out of hiding????

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

We will appropriately make it a 3 day event beginning immediately and lasting till Friday. They won't want it to go on any longer than that. After all, they are lurkers. ;)

PLAY THE SOUTH
    it seems so simple now
    Brian
  • Options
    dangerboy wrote:
    don't know about the "50", but i'm considering it. depends on how flights look....

it's been 4 fucking years. i'm about to break

i can't believe i actually have over 500 posts in this thread, considering it's been over 4 months since i posted regularly here

"if it keeps on rainin, the levees gonna break........"

its like old home week around this thread!!!

::::::::waves to all my friends:::::::::::

and play the south for fucks sake!!!!
  • Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    keeping the petition on the first page for the south...

PTS
  • Options
    JuberooJuberoo Posts: 472
    Do you really think it would be safe for them to play the south? Their political stance is pretty well known...I would be afraid for Eddie to be out onstage in a southern venue where the majority support Bush and the war. Eeeeek!

What in the Sam Hill do you want 'em to do that fer? PJ doin the South is dumber than a box full of owl poop!
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense.

A truly liberal person is conservative when necessary.

Pro-life by choice.
  • Options
    Juberoo wrote:
    Do you really think it would be safe for them to play the south? Their political stance is pretty well known...I would be afraid for Eddie to be out onstage in a southern venue where the majority support Bush and the war. Eeeeek!
    What century do you think this is??? That may be how people get treated in Cleveland......that's not how it works down here.

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    Juberoo wrote:

What in the Sam Hill do you want 'em to do that fer? PJ doin the South is dumber than a box full of owl poop!

some of the best shows they"ve played have been south baby. Its been a while since i posted my thoughts-thanks man for upsetting what was a great day.

~Just try. Try to name a part of the country -- or the world, for that matter --that's done more for music in the last 150 years than these Southern United States.

We birthed the blues. We launched rock 'n' roll. We've been the seat of gospel, the bastion of bluegrass, the home to the world's hottest hip-hop. We've dug deep down to our Nappy Roots, fostered Stephen Foster, screamed "Sweet Home Alabama" and gotten straight-up Ludacris, from Memphis to Mobile to Uncle Tupelo.

Southern music encompasses all kinds of styles, yet it hangs together as a coherent genre. Nobody's ever heard of New England music or Midwestern music, but down here we know that rock can have soul and rap can be country, and even wimpy folk can count so long as it's got Carolina in its mind. Southern music's more of a sensibility than a sound.

The South is about big ideas (like pain and redemption) and small pleasures (like the look of grandma's hands). The South is also increasingly diverse -- racially, economically and politically.

If our music has a common thread, it's the thread of hope -- hope that this mystical land won't lose all that's made it special and that it's not too proud to admit when it's wrong. Those are some big challenges. But they're nothing the music can't handle.

Peace you southern PJ freaks.
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • Options
    some of the best shows they"ve played have been south baby. Its been a while since i posted my thoughts-thanks man for upsetting what was a great day.

~Just try. Try to name a part of the country -- or the world, for that matter --that's done more for music in the last 150 years than these Southern United States.

We birthed the blues. We launched rock 'n' roll. We've been the seat of gospel, the bastion of bluegrass, the home to the world's hottest hip-hop. We've dug deep down to our Nappy Roots, fostered Stephen Foster, screamed "Sweet Home Alabama" and gotten straight-up Ludacris, from Memphis to Mobile to Uncle Tupelo.

Southern music encompasses all kinds of styles, yet it hangs together as a coherent genre. Nobody's ever heard of New England music or Midwestern music, but down here we know that rock can have soul and rap can be country, and even wimpy folk can count so long as it's got Carolina in its mind. Southern music's more of a sensibility than a sound.

The South is about big ideas (like pain and redemption) and small pleasures (like the look of grandma's hands). The South is also increasingly diverse -- racially, economically and politically.

If our music has a common thread, it's the thread of hope -- hope that this mystical land won't lose all that's made it special and that it's not too proud to admit when it's wrong. Those are some big challenges. But they're nothing the music can't handle.

Peace you southern PJ freaks.
    Peace....

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !