Options

***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    well im not going to lolla this year. Went to buy everything up last night, and just way too darned pricey... oh well, i tried at least... good news is though, got flights to go see Cornell at the starland ballroom in jersey, only holds 1,000 people, so it should be a really cool time! Plus it was less than half the cost for lolla.

Please play the south pearl jam...

its not fair that we have to work our fingers to the bone, just to see you guys play. Middle Classed American, thats all i am :(

PPTS
    Power to Leathermandi!!!!

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    well im not going to lolla this year. Went to buy everything up last night, and just way too darned pricey... oh well, i tried at least... good news is though, got flights to go see Cornell at the starland ballroom in jersey, only holds 1,000 people, so it should be a really cool time! Plus it was less than half the cost for lolla.

Please play the south pearl jam...

its not fair that we have to work our fingers to the bone, just to see you guys play. Middle Classed American, thats all i am :(

PPTS
    mandi, you're killing me! :(

u know this means we prolly wont get to hang again till maaaybe next summer at the earliest...if we're lucky enuff to even get southern dates by that point! Theres no escaping this.....ass whupping you're gonna get when we DO meet again tho! Im gonna make sure Goss gets in on it too :D

u ssssuuuuuuuUUUUuuucckkk man(di)!!!
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    .. good news is though, got flights to go see Cornell at the starland ballroom in jersey, only holds 1,000 people, so it should be a really cool time!

THAT sounds cool!

playthesouth
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    "...shutting it down for a while after Lolla...." hmmmmm, how long is "a while"?

7-10 months would be cool - hope it's not more than a year.

playthesouthbeforeweallgettooold

• Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Please oh please oh please give the SOUTH some love in the near future!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    JTRJTR Posts: 347
    Anyone going to Chicago? How about a mixer? Saturday?

Might be some surprises.
  • Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    Go to lolla?

No. went to Denver & Lisbon to see them. not spending any more money on them for while until they:
    a. come south
    b. go back to Lisbon

Do have fun though, I do wish I could go. Hope it is "special" for you. I have pretty much come to terms that I will always see them from "afar" until:
    a. they get too old
    b. I die

playthesouthbeforeIdie

• Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    JTR wrote:
    Anyone going to Chicago? How about a mixer? Saturday?

Might be some surprises.

Enjoy! I'm sure fun will be had by all who are there. BTW, how was Europe?

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    Brian
  • Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    Goodness is the only investment that never fails. ~Henry David Thoreau

so be good and play the south already!!!!!!
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    third page rescue for the south...

PTS

Hope some of you can make it to lollapalooza...
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    its only a matter of time...theyve played every band members home town (including Boom), except for Mikes.
    I'll see u guys for 2 nights in Pensacola, one night in tampa and 2 nights in miami next summer.
    peace
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i will sign this fucking thing again...

play for the rednecks! :D
  • Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    PTS baby!!
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,288
    SPALMA wrote:
    ummmm... the top 50 caregivers of this thread....(again not all postive)

tybird
    SPALMA
    weenie
    Dollpartz
    stoneg
    NCBRI
    dangerboy
    MakingWaves
    LeatherMandi
    holleroxx
    Flagg
    lukin321
    yield2me
    JTR
    Pearl_Juli
    TheGossman
    callen
    gardenlover
    BarkingDogs
    pathorses
    Oklahoma PJ Fan
    mwachsman
    BeBe
    acidfuel
    intodeep
    *TheirInvisibleCrown
    red mos
    RodrigoDu
    NotSoElderlyWoman
    daystar143
    presenttents
    jb13letters
    grjammer
    eddie's Tone rocks
    PissBottleMan
    pjalive21
    Dance For Me
    NewmanUSPS
    abhi101cru
    cookie5798
    therover
    artjam
    THE LOOK
    you are
    CJMST3K
    Thierry Henry
    wahine
    Abookamongstthemany
    BPH_4LIFE
    Tarheel Jammer

playthesouth

I still stop by regularly to see what is going on. Good to see my name is still in the top 50.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options
    I still stop by regularly to see what is going on. Good to see my name is still in the top 50.
    Looks like you're in the Top Ten!!!!

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    bump for someone NEW to sign this thing

PLAY THE SOUTH
    we're more than meets the eye
    Brian
  • Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    pjmarley1pjmarley1 Posts: 35
    i am 20 years old and i have been a fan of pearl jam since i was 14/15. in 2003 they came to little rock ( i live in Arkansas) but was basically too young to go and couldnt find anyone to go with me. i still havent got a chance to go see them. they just need to come a little further south than ohio and iillinois. ill drive to oklahoma city or kansas city or st. louis. i cant make it to chicago for lollapalooza either. i hope what mike said isnt true, and they add some dates to the US after lolla. i am a huge fan and all i want to do is see my fav band.
  • Options
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    pjmarley1 wrote:
    i am 20 years old and i have been a fan of pearl jam since i was 14/15. in 2003 they came to little rock ( i live in Arkansas) but was basically too young to go and couldnt find anyone to go with me. i still havent got a chance to go see them. they just need to come a little further south than ohio and iillinois. ill drive to oklahoma city or kansas city or st. louis. i cant make it to chicago for lollapalooza either. i hope what mike said isnt true, and they add some dates to the US after lolla. i am a huge fan and all i want to do is see my fav band.
    Welcome abroad and thanks for the post.

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • Options
    NCBRI wrote:
    bump for someone NEW to sign this thing

PLAY THE SOUTH
    we're more than meets the eye

you got it!

Thank you pjmarley1.

playthesouthforeveryone