***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    NCBRI wrote:
    Dude was skinny back then wasn't he? I couldn't tell if that was Creadles or Mr. Burns from The Simpsons.
    "Smithers.......where are you, Smithers." "Come here, Smithers."
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Morning All. It is a beautiful day out there - we call it a "Simpson's sky" (while humming Siiiiiimp-soooooons)

Pearl Jam should see this sky,

PLAY THE SOUTH and TALK TO US please
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    SPALMA wrote:
    Morning All. It is a beautiful day out there - we call it a "Simpson's sky" (while humming Siiiiiimp-soooooons)

Pearl Jam should see this sky,

no humidity (which is rare in Houston) blue skies..no wind....cool....wooo hooo....cranked PJ with windows down on the way it....going to be a wonderful Friday....

Cheney reminds me of Mr Burns.......same face....both weasel's.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    good to see this thread still going, we will not go down easily, is anyone from the south heading to lollapolooza?
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
    callen wrote:
    Cheney reminds me of Mr Burns.......same face....both weasel's.
    As a potential Mammologist, I feel that I can speak for the weasels.....and they are offended by this linkage. :D:D:D:p:p:p:p:p :cool:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    As a potential Mammologist, I feel that I can speak for the weasels.....and they are offended by this linkage. :D:D:D:p:p:p:p:p :cool:

Silly!... Mammology is for girls!

• callencallen Posts: 6,388
    SPALMA wrote:
    Silly!... Mammology is for girls!

So....I'm readying tyes post.....and thinking...." I was sure Ty was into birds..not breastess's........"

then snap....

"oh as in Mammals"
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    callen wrote:
    So....I'm readying tyes post.....and thinking...." I was sure Ty was into birds..not breastess's........"

then snap....

"oh as in Mammals"

I thought all guys are mammologists...

When I first read it (about cheney/burns),
    I THOUGHT he said "As a potential Megalomaniac" :D

SPALMA wrote:
    I thought all guys are mammologists...

When I first read it (about cheney/burns),
    I THOUGHT he said "As a potential Megalomaniac" :D

No, silly, that's a mammaryologist, as in mammary glands......or is it Hooterologisht.....Boobyologist or some such.....:D I do love the birds, but mammals are also an interest of mine.

Cheney and Burns are megalomaniacs. :D:p:p:p:p
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Creadles: apparently not one of the first mammals to wear pants.

PLAY THE SOUTH
    or we will release the hounds
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    Creadles: apparently not one of the first mammals to wear pants.

PLAY THE SOUTH
    or we will release the hounds
    "Pearl Jam...not playing the South....Poppycock!!!"
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
    Tybird, I don't like where it says your location is, makes me sad :(.
    Tybird, I don't like where it says your location is, makes me sad :(.
    Sorry........just my little protest against the machine. :)

"We rock........ride out, stand and shout.......carry on......We rock!!"
  • I recently moved to Arizona from Texas. I was looking forward to a full US tour for new album. Yet, many many months after release and tours in Europe, Canada, northern US, small trip to Los Angeles and Hawaii, and Austrailia no love for those of us here.

Does anyone have any news on when and if they are going to visit. It has been too long since I saw them and need a fix.

Please consider this my signature on the petition. I will travel back to the South if it means I can see them.
    I recently moved to Arizona from Texas. I was looking forward to a full US tour for new album. Yet, many many months after release and tours in Europe, Canada, northern US, small trip to Los Angeles and Hawaii, and Austrailia no love for those of us here.

Does anyone have any news on when and if they are going to visit. It has been too long since I saw them and need a fix.

Please consider this my signature on the petition. I will travel back to the South if it means I can see them.

No word yet. we are hoping for spring 2008 at this point - but anything can happen (or not happen). I doubt the band even knows what they are doing yet.

• holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Im still here and still have a smidgen of faith. We will get our show........eventually. Still Love the guys and all my southern friends:)
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
    tybird wrote:
    Sorry........just my little protest against the machine. :)

Haha, I know :). It just makes me realize reality :(.
    pulled out some vintage vinyl tonight - emerson, lake & Palmer. cool.

night.

and good morning...

I recently moved to Arizona from Texas. I was looking forward to a full US tour for new album. Yet, many many months after release and tours in Europe, Canada, northern US, small trip to Los Angeles and Hawaii, and Austrailia no love for those of us here.

My guess is that if we are lucky then "maybe" next year. But nothing has been said other than that they are touring Europe again just for fun and that is it for 2007.

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    until new shit comes to light
    Brian
    vinyl saturday, genesis, csny, animals, joni mitchell
    all vintage ... so nice

• cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    SPALMA wrote:
    all vintage ... so nice

That sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday! Also, PJ, listen to what he wrote, we rock too!
  • cassidpcassidp Posts: 31
    I'm spinning the black circle too... Mirrorball, CSN and some MMJ. It still isn't as fun as an update to the "Stranded in the South 2007 Tour", but it'll get me by for now. Maybe we can have some dates in the fall? Happy Saturday
    SPALMA wrote:
    pulled out some vintage vinyl tonight - emerson, lake & Palmer. cool.

night.

Brain Salad Surgery....with the neat gatefold cover???? Love me some ELP....really a big fan of King Crimson from the three album era where John Wetton was the lead singer/bassist....some kick-ass jams!!!!
    SPALMA wrote:
    all vintage ... so nice

Love some early Genesis too!!!!! ....and the lamb lies down on broadway....

spend my Saturday counting birds!!!! Some neat ones today....Bobolinks, Blackpoll Warblers, Summer Tanager and Baltimore Orioles....cool, cool.
    good night.

Cool Grits :p:p:p:p:D
    Such a beautiful morning at the beach... love this time of year. Pearl Jam played in April in 2003. Perfect!

SPALMA wrote:
    all vintage ... so nice

The Animals! I think my Mom actually knew them. One of the few decent albums I was able to raid from my parents collection. House of the Rising Sun!

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    and the abiding drove us mad
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    The Animals! I think my Mom actually knew them. One of the few decent albums I was able to raid from my parents collection. House of the Rising Sun!

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    and the abiding drove us mad

ha ha ha... that was the first song we all learned on the piano & guitar...