***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    Dollpartz wrote:
    yea, about that, lol....i have no idea. my husband would be the obvious choice, but since he is in medic school, he probably can't get away. and he's not a big fan, altho he does like them well enough i guess. in kissimmee, i took a coworker who also was not a big fan and hoped to convert her, but she didn't come out of there being the big pj fan i assumed she would. so, i may just go solo this time and party with you guys, at least you appreciate them as much as i do! i'm thinking more fun that way!

I know what you mean. My wife wants to travel to the shows just because she likes to take road trips. But she won't go to any of the concerts because she isn't a big fan. Other people I know are fans and she doesn't want to take a ticket away from them.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Southern bells.............

.....Just curious :o What kind of seats will I most likely get if I'm not a member of 10C (if they decide to play Nashville)? Will the the band look like ants from my seat if I'm not a member? Just wonderin' :D

I guess that will depend on how many 10C members buy tickets for Nashville. Even though 10C says they don't sell extra seats on Ticketmaster, I met folks that weren't 10C members who were sitting near me at the Gorge. Maybe they got them from a 10C member, or maybe they bought them from Ticketmaster. You never know. Your best bet is to join right away. Maybe they won't make the cut-off date for joining March. It depends on when they start giving their little hints.....
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
    weenie wrote:
    I guess that will depend on how many 10C members buy tickets for Nashville. Even though 10C says they don't sell extra seats on Ticketmaster, I met folks that weren't 10C members who were sitting near me at the Gorge. Maybe they got them from a 10C member, or maybe they bought them from Ticketmaster. You never know. Your best bet is to join right away. Maybe they won't make the cut-off date for joining March. It depends on when they start giving their little hints.....

Well thank you... You're right, maybe I should just join if I want the best to come out of it ;) Thanks again :D
    Well thank you... You're right, maybe I should just join if I want the best to come out of it ;) Thanks again :D

Always glad to help a fellow jammer.... ;)
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    pathorses wrote:
    I see you were in Charlotte in 03 and I swear to you, I did not line up by my member number nor did I draw a ticket........Maybe because there was no line? But I'm sure the windows were alphabetically arranged, not numerically. And I'm too old for hallucinogenics these days....? Oh hell, it doesn't really matter.

Hey Pat -
    You know when we hit the road I'll be bringing along my "jug" of superfine, primo top shelf Tequila.... You drink tequila?
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    pathorses wrote:
    I see you were in Charlotte in 03 and I swear to you, I did not line up by my member number nor did I draw a ticket........Maybe because there was no line? But I'm sure the windows were alphabetically arranged, not numerically. And I'm too old for hallucinogenics these days....? Oh hell, it doesn't really matter.

03 ticket faq

this article doesn't say specifically that we lined up by member number, but talks about distribution that way.

will-call and guest-list are usually split by the first letter of your last name, but not the 10c windows. at least not then. i have no 06 experience. or anything after 03 for that matter...

this article does mention it specifically, in a quote from a 10c ticketing person.... the quote is under 03

Three days shy of the tour opener in Denver on April 1st, TenClub.net/PearlJam.com gave the lowdown on day of show ticket pick up, explaining that "the Ten Club will call windows will be divided up by member number." Sure enough, in Denver and every show since, each venueÿs box office has had two to five windows set aside for Ten Club ticket pick-up with one to three blocks represented at each window. Handwritten member number ranges for each window are posted about fifteen minutes before the distribution starts, usually around 3pm.

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    weenie wrote:
    Hey Pat -
    You know when we hit the road I'll be bringing along my "jug" of superfine, primo top shelf Tequila.... You drink tequila?

You are better than me, weenie! I'm not saying I never do but I made a vow to never do shots again....course I broke it recently. I try to stick to the Silver Bullets so I can last longer, but I won't hold you back!
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    pathorses wrote:
    You are better than me, weenie! I'm not saying I never do but I made a vow to never do shots again....course I broke it recently. I try to stick to the Silver Bullets so I can last longer, but I won't hold you back!

This is fine sipping Tequila..... And I have a tradition. I buy shot glasses at each city I see PJ in. And before we go in, we have a shot in celebration of where we're going.... You can join me for my tradition can't you?
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    dangerboy wrote:
    03 ticket faq

this article doesn't say specifically that we lined up by member number, but talks about distribution that way.

will-call and guest-list are usually split by the first letter of your last name, but not the 10c windows. at least not then. i have no 06 experience. or anything after 03 for that matter...

this article does mention it specifically, in a quote from a 10c ticketing person...scroll down and read 00 and 03. the quote is under 03

You know what, I was probably so excited that i don't even remember it correctly...when I got front row in Charlotte (it was my son's first PJ show, his second concert, and his 14th birthday present, not to mention my first front-row) I left bruises on his arm and had tears running down my face! I didn't mean to imply that I didn't believe you although I'm sure that's how it came across. I just seem to remember him having to steer me to the first window (I was all nervous and excited) because my last name starts with a "B" but it started with an "M" for a long time (as his does) so I almost went to the wrong window in Charlotte and at the Gorge. I'm sure you're right but I think it will help you, not hurt you!
    Peace,
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    weenie wrote:
    This is fine sipping Tequila..... And I have a tradition. I buy shot glasses at each city I see PJ in. And before we go in, we have a shot in celebration of where we're going.... You can join me for my tradition can't you?

Abso-fuckin'-lutely!!
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    pathorses wrote:
    Abso-fuckin'-lutely!!

I knew I could count on you. :)
    Damn I wish they'd hurry up and announce....

Well, time to close it down,
    G'night Southern jammers everywhere....
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    Always glad to help a fellow jammer.... ;)

:)
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    weenie wrote:
    I knew I could count on you. :)
    Damn I wish they'd hurry up and announce....

Well, time to close it down,
    G'night Southern jammers everywhere....

night.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Wow!!!! :eek: another milestone bites the dust...10,100.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    actually, I like post 10101 (the symetry).

Good night.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Good job everyone...10,102....damn
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    good night bump from the north

hoping tomorrow brings good news for the south

Play the Sourth and annouce it tomorrow!
    SPALMA wrote:
    actually, I like post 10101 (the symetry).

Good night.
    It has kind of a binary feel to it. :)

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    goodnite!

you guys rock!

"maybe tomorrow, maybe someday"
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Hoping for news tomorrow.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    :cool: The South Rocks :cool:

I hail originally from the southernmost country in the world.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    thank you! good night!

ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    10,000 posts!! holy shit!!!

I was gone all weekend and you guys lit it up in here! Let's hope we get some news tomorrow :)
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Back to the front of the line!

"This could be the day"
    Brian
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    It is Monday.

Trivia question for the day:

Mark "Smitty" Smith currently is the band's Tour Manager.

He has been a sound tech and photographer.

What is his most important job title?
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • acidfuelacidfuel Posts: 153
    p
    l
    a
    y
    t
    h
    e
    s
    o
    u
    t
    h
    acidfuel wrote:
    p
    l
    a
    y
    t
    h
    e
    s
    o
    u
    t
    h
    Yeah, what he said. As for trivia, I have not a clue.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    JTR wrote:
    It is Monday.

Trivia question for the day:

Mark "Smitty" Smith currently is the band's Tour Manager.

He has been a sound tech and photographer.

What is his most important job title?

he's a guitar playin hockey player for the san jose sharks?