***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• SPALMA wrote:
    cool, are you in the carribbean...

Yeah, I have already put everyone on notice that when PJ comes, I will be roadtripping for 10 days or so. Palm Bay is almost further from me than Orlando - I am at the opposite end of the county - Titusville.

Palm Bay is crowded!!

Yep!! I live in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Seen PJ 3 times in Fla(03-04), hope to see them once again. Is a short trip from here. I have a a bag of new custom surfboards in my Dad's house and for me is cheaper to buy an air ticket and bring them back with me than to pay a Fedex bill for the hole box.

So i guess i'll be traveling to Fla 2 times this year...
    a WAVE came crashing like a fist to the jaw !
    WPB 03,Tampa 03,Camden 03,MSG1 03,Kissimmee 04,Lollapalooza 07, WPB 08,Tampa 08,Chicago 2009 (night 1 & 2), MSG 1 & 2 May 2010. PJ20 Sept 3 & 4 2011, Midtown Festival Sept 2012, Brooklyn Oct 18 & 19 2013, Ft Lauderdale 2016 and Miami 2016, Brooklyn, NY 2017
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    Since my list of 16 came from the horse's mouth, everything we are saying today makes me feel better. Maybe the usual 30 shows was pared down to 16-18 and that's the list I have. I was just getting worried the 16 was being pared down without the horse saying so. And "few" probably does mean in comparison to normal North American tours.

You definitely need to calculate Orlando to Nashville!

This morning I started rustling up another source that is more in tune to the $ (as opposed to the melodies) of Pearl Jam to see if he has an update for me. I will pass that on as I hear it because I don't really care if he gets pissed at me!
  • grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    looks like Nashville might be on JTR's list :)

Play the South! (and a few dates in the midwest)
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    JTR wrote:
    Since my list of 16 came from the horse's mouth, everything we are saying today makes me feel better. Maybe the usual 30 shows was pared down to 16-18 and that's the list I have. I was just getting worried the 16 was being pared down without the horse saying so. And "few" probably does mean in comparison to normal North American tours.

This morning I started rustling up another source that is more in tune to the $ (as opposed to the melodies) of Pearl Jam to see if he has an update for me. I will pass that on as I hear it because I don't really care if he gets pissed at me!

This is the reason I love seeing a post by JTR. I can do Nashville!

Thanks again JTR. Heres to your other source shooting you some info.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    SPALMA wrote:
    cool, are you in the carribbean...

Yeah, I have already put everyone on notice that when PJ comes, I will be roadtripping for 10 days or so. Palm Bay is almost further from me than Orlando - I am at the opposite end of the county - Titusville.

Palm Bay is crowded!!

My buddy from college recently moved to Titusville. Small world.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    JTR wrote:

I sure enjoyed that sentence!
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i have a really good friend in Nashville, I could definitely see myself traveling there for a show!
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    JTR wrote:
    Since my list of 16 came from the horse's mouth, everything we are saying today makes me feel better.

Make sure you feed "the horse" a few extra apples for us. His name isn't Mr. Ed is it?

Sounds like news is imminent.

"Feel it rising"
    Brian
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Yep!! I live in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Seen PJ 3 times in Fla(03-04), hope to see them once again. Is a short trip from here. I have a a bag of new custom surfboards in my Dad's house and for me is cheaper to buy an air ticket and bring them back with me than to pay a Fedex bill for the hole box.

So i guess i'll be traveling to Fla 2 times this year...

Who do you order boards from? My son is into surfing, big time. He organized trips to Costa Rica and North Carolina last year. He graduates from UF in December and plans to travel for a month in Europe (primarily in Portugal) to surf. then he has to start working. He has been trying different boards out (and my garage is VERY cluttered). In fact I am installing a rejected surfboard for a bed headboard this weekend.

I know about the flying with boards - I have a garage full of bubble wrap and foam noodles that he uses to pack them.

I cant' wait until he buys a house and I can give it all back to him.

Funny, when we saw Pearl Jam in Portugal last Sept. Ed talked a lot about the surfing there (in Portuguese!).
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    My buddy from college recently moved to Titusville. Small world.

Titusville WAS a sleepy little city filled with spacecenter workers and old people. Now it is a crowed little city with more old people and less workers. I can't wait to get out. My one son is ready to move to NYC and my other one plans to live in Sattelite/Cocoa Beach areas.

• acidfuelacidfuel Posts: 153
    SPALMA wrote:
    Who do you order boards from? My son is into surfing, big time. He organized trips to Costa Rica and North Carolina last year. He graduates from UF in December and plans to travel for a month in Europe (primarily in Portugal) to surf. then he has to start working. He has been trying different boards out (and my garage is VERY cluttered). In fact I am installing a rejected surfboard for a bed headboard this weekend.

I know about the flying with boards - I have a garage full of bubble wrap and foam noodles that he uses to pack them.

I cant' wait until he buys a house and I can give it all back to him.

Funny, when we saw Pearl Jam in Portugal last Sept. Ed talked a lot about the surfing there (in Portuguese!).

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    JTR wrote:

Orlando to Murphy, NC (9-10 hours) i have a place to stay
    Murphy to Nashville (4 hrs).

so total of 14 hours.

Now, Orlando to Atlanta to Nashville - I am researching. That would be a great trip!

Aaaand, thank you JTR.
    After this is all over, are you going to reveal yourself to us? It is not really necessary as you have our trust already. But it would be fun.

acidfuel wrote:
    GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they were outstanding in every way this year, yes? It was so fun to watch...

This is the reason I love seeing a post by JTR. I can do Nashville!

Thanks again JTR. Heres to your other source shooting you some info.

CONVOY! CONVOY!

• acidfuelacidfuel Posts: 153
    SPALMA wrote:
    they were outstanding in every way this year, yes? It was so fun to watch...

best year ever........I miss college
    SPALMA wrote:
    CONVOY! CONVOY!

That would definetly make the road trip more fun.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • JTR wrote:

Can I calculate anything from Indy or Lexington/Louisville?
    Noblesville 6/03
    Toledo 10/04
    Grand Rapids 10/04
    Grand Rapids 5/06
    Cleveland 5/06
    Cincinnati 6/06
    *hopefully sometime before I die* Noblesville

Songs I'm hoping to hear live: Nothingman, In My Tree, Indifference, and Animal
    I remember a while back we said how much it would suck if we hit 10,000 posts without hearing anything. I didn't think that would be possible. Please don't let this happen.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    I remember a while back we said how much it would suck if we hit 10,000 posts without hearing anything. I didn't think that would be possible. Please don't let this happen.

Well, we could just stop posting at 9999,
    or ask the mods to close it at that... start a new thread.

It would be great if they just stickied it. Or announced the tour in OUR thread.
    Or just show their faces around here. Anything, ANYTHING!

Well, my house is just about to fill up, I'm ready, ordered 6 pizzas.
    Sure wish it was all you folks coming over instead.
    With JTR giving a special toast.

• SPALMA wrote:

It would be great if they just stickied it. Or announced the tour in OUR thread.

speaking of seeing their faces around here, i noticed "rubysdad" was online a couple days ago. i was hoping we would get some news, but alas.
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    ORLANDO! I am there! hopefully we will get some real dates soon.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Great day in the field!!!! Red-spotted newts, Marbled Salamanders (larval), Spotted Salamanders (larval & egg masses), Zig-zag Salamanders, Northern Slimy Salamanders and Dusky Salamanders!!! We even found some bats down in the mine...cute little things. This is a hibernation site for the males of the species, and this guy we checked out was still in torpor. I could probably have fit three of these little guys in my hand.

This is where we went:

http://www.ruffnermountain.org/

Everybody knows this is nowhere.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Ok,I have my PJ Tour Fund started $37.00 not a bad little start.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    SPALMA wrote:

I guess we will just continue to be patient.

And that would be great to come to the website and see this thread stickied.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    tybird wrote:
    Great day in the field!!!! Red-spotted newts, Marbled Salamanders (larval), Spotted Salamanders (larval & egg masses), Zig-zag Salamanders, Northern Slimy Salamanders and Dusky Salamanders!!! We even found some bats down in the mine...cute little things. This is a hibernation site for the males of the species, and this guy we checked out was still in torpor. I could probably have fit three of these little guys in my hand.

This is where we went:

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

That sounds and looks like a great day. Spalma's wish of everyone being at her house eating pizza with a toast by Tybird sounds like an even better day.

There's a lot to be said for nowhere.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    That sounds and looks like a great day. Spalma's wish of everyone being at her house eating pizza with a toast by Tybird sounds like an even better day.

There's a lot to be said for nowhere.
    I can make up some good ole' toast. ;)

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    tybird wrote:

This is where we went:

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

That is so cool. I used to have a newt as a pet. I love those little guys and the salamanders too. What an awesome day - I'm so envious. I was engulfed in new biz pitches (code for biggest bunch of bullshite you ever heard) all day.

That's great that your life is so full of parts of the natural world most of us never even see. :)
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    tybird wrote:
    I can make up some good ole' toast. ;)

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

Me too, I like it with peach jam (from GA of course) and butter. Mmmmmmmmmmm
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    SPALMA wrote:
    CONVOY! CONVOY!

I like NCBRI's idea of a magic bus......
    But a convoy would be awesome too!! We could all stay at the same motel/hotel and take over the place. And I'm working on that T-shirt idea I mentioned a while back..... I'll keep you posted.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau