***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    stoneg wrote:
    Hey Splama Thanks for the My Space add.Your one cool chick!

whats up Clinton?
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,425
    Dollpartz wrote:
    Can you make this thing go away?
    i would think someone your age would realize i am just having a little fun....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    i would think someone your age would realize i am just having a little fun....

yawn.....
    Dollpartz wrote:
    yawn.....
    you have got that right.......
    Dollpartz wrote:
    so its friday afternoon, got a nice beer buzz going, ummm....wft dude? are you just bored?

get a hobby for fucks sake

nice.....
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Dollpartz wrote:
    just for the record, I wasn't and have not picked on JTR, I think he means well too. I was just surprised that he didn't come back around yesterday, even if just to say "nothing yet".....or perhaps he has a life outside of this place?! lmao, i guess that is possible right? i don't know, i spend so much time here myself, but i guess it is possible!

anyway, happy saturday, my friday, only 6 hours to go and my weekend will officially begin! i am on a beer kick here lately and just discovered modelo especiale...man, thats good good stuff!

no the dude or whoever kinda made a promise ;p either way... was kind of rude to leave people hanging....even if they mean well....

oh well it doesnt matter :D

off to work with me :(
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    Dollpartz wrote:
    yawn.....

You just got to take Speedy with a grain of salt. He isn't serious, just having some fun. I just say this because I see his other posts and they usually make me laugh.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    You just got to take Speedy with a grain of salt. He isn't seious, just having some fun. I just say this because I see his other posts and they usually make me laugh.
    good morning..........
    NCBRI wrote:
    That definately changes the context because we all know the Euro boots are the next chapter.

Oh well, have a good day peeps. Off to work here.

This sucks. This isn't what I wanted to see when I woke up this morning.

I think this makes things fall in line with the rumor that announcements will come in late March early April.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    good morning..........

good morning......

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    You just got to take Speedy with a grain of salt. He isn't seious, just having some fun. I just say this because I see his other posts and they usually make me laugh.

exactly. we are all supposed to be having fun here, thats the point.

we all want the south to get some shows, hope it happens.
    Nice shirt.
  • RodrigoDuRodrigoDu Posts: 140
    Flagg wrote:
    What did they change it from?

LAST CALL FOR BOOTLEGS03.02.07
    Friday, March 9th will be the last day to order bootlegs through bootlegs.pearljam.com. Stay tuned to http://www.pearljam.com for updates on live Pearl Jam shows in the future. ***Customers will have 30 days from date of purchase to complete the download process.

its a different meaning totally...
    "The ocean's made me, but who came up with love?"

D.C. '00
    West Palm Beach '03
    Tampa '03
    Philadelphia '03
    Albany '03
    Mexico City 1,2,3 '03
    Pittsburgh '06
    Cincinnati '06
    NYC 2 '10
    Costa Rica '11
    Mexico City '15
    Dana Point '21
    Chicago 2 '24
    bump for everyone forced to work on a saturday.....3 1/2 hours to go....
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Dollpartz wrote:
    whats up Clinton?
    Hey Mary, Just waiting for some news like always.Jackie and I are cleaning are porch today.Yuck!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    stoneg wrote:
    Hey Mary, Just waiting for some news like always.Jackie and I are cleaning are porch today.Yuck!

wow, a weekend off for you? i can't wait for 2:30 to roll around, this has been a long week!

say hi to Jackie, don't let her work you too hard today!
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    You just got to take Speedy with a grain of salt. He isn't serious, just having some fun. I just say this because I see his other posts and they usually make me laugh.

Plus, I've met him before and he's a really nice guy. Just likes to stir people up. :)
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    To everyone who was is on my space.I lost alot of my friends by accident.Vedhead,Medddledeal,Dollpatz and Splama Please check your my space to add me again THANKS! Sorry!!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    Hope everyone is having a happy saturday :)

beautiful day here....
    bump for the south :)
    Flagg wrote:
    Plus, I've met him before and he's a really nice guy. Just likes to stir people up. :)

done

(oooops....this was a mistake, my bad)

but since i'm here..... i'll have to take your word for it that speedy is a nice guy since we've never met before. he has a cool name tho.

peace and play the south!
    stoneg wrote:
    To everyone who was is on my space.I lost alot of my friends by accident.Vedhead,Medddledeal,Dollpatz and Splama Please check your my space to add me again THANKS! Sorry!!

done!

and a bump for the cause!
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    RodrigoDu wrote:
    LAST CALL FOR BOOTLEGS03.02.07
    Friday, March 9th will be the last day to order bootlegs through bootlegs.pearljam.com. Stay tuned to http://www.pearljam.com for updates on live Pearl Jam shows in the future. ***Customers will have 30 days from date of purchase to complete the download process.

its a different meaning totally...

However..........I have discovered through a very thorough clicking process that if you click the link and go to the News page, the blurb there is the same as the original one that has the famous "Stay tuned to http://www.pearljam.com for updates on live Pearl Jam shows in the future." line.
    So maybe it was changed on the front page just to shorten the blurb.
    Or maybe, they forgot to change it on both pages.
    Or maybe (and this is my theory) they are just toying with us, trying to warp our fragile little minds until we go into some kinda Pearl Jam Coma or something.
    Brian
    GOD...

why is this day moving so slowly!!! Why cant it be five already!

oh yeah, please play the south :D
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    stoneg wrote:
    Hey Splama Thanks for the My Space add.Your one cool chick!

Hey thanks, back at ya!

Now, am I supposed to send a request back to you requesting friendship? or does it work both ways already? I haven't quite figured it out yet. I ony joined Myspace when PearlJam started theirs and to monitor my son's page. (Had to twist his ear to let me be his friend).
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    bump
    will check back later
    feel free to spill any and all beans those who have beans to spill

Play the South this year
    no........seriously
    Brian
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Cleaning/repairing/painting Saturday! Have a German exchange student coming in 2 weeks and am cleaning out both sons' rooms (they are helping!) Purging junk and spiffing things up. Whew!
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    NCBRI wrote:
    However..........I have discovered through a very thorough clicking process that if you click the link and go to the News page, the blurb there is the same as the original one that has the famous "Stay tuned to http://www.pearljam.com for updates on live Pearl Jam shows in the future." line.
    So maybe it was changed on the front page just to shorten the blurb.
    Or maybe, they forgot to change it on both pages.
    Or maybe (and this is my theory) they are just toying with us, trying to warp our fragile little minds until we go into some kinda Pearl Jam Coma or something.

i'm thinking that either they immediately got bombarded by emails asking them if this meant the announcement of more live shows was imminent, or they just plain old proof read it and decided that it was worded in a way that might lead people to believe that an announcement was imminent, so they changed it.

unofficial sticky

sorry to be cynical

and, speedy, i wasn't making fun of southerners, i was speaking in the colloquial vernacular. i type the way i talk for the most part. without the accent, of course. congrats on your chicago show...in here most have assumed that it's a done deal. but, we'd rather have your wit in support of our thread, not in conflict with it. you have to understand that you're pushing some pretty hot buttons. we know how to joke around, we just try not to hurt other people's feelings in the process. if you posted a few more times here, maybe we'd be able to figure you out a little better...

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    dangerboy wrote:
    i'm thinking that either they immediately got bombarded by emails asking them if this meant the announcement of more live shows was imminent, or they just plain old proof read it and decided that it was worded in a way that might lead people to believe that an announcement was imminent, so they changed it.

unofficial sticky

sorry to be cynical

and, speedy, i wasn't making fun of southerners, i was speaking in the colloquial vernacular. i type the way i talk for the most part. without the accent, of course. congrats on your chicago show...in here most have assumed that it's a done deal. but, we'd rather have your wit in support of our thread, not in conflict with it. you have to understand that you're pushing some pretty hot buttons. we know how to joke around, we just try not to hurt other people's feelings in the process. if you posted a few more times here, maybe we'd be able to figure you out a little better...

very nicely done