***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    Flagg wrote:
    How often do you contact him? Because since you posted about the Toronto thing being the only plans outside of Europe, Lollapalooza came up. And now, people in the Downsview Park thread are saying that Toronto radio is saying that show is a 'no go'.

Dammit, I hate this. I wish we could hear some news soon.

all the time. that answer was from a week or ten days ago? lollapalooza was not included for sure, but i trust my guy more than a radio guy in toronto...and that's coming from a 20 year radio veteran. my rock station here knows nothing. my venue has not heard from them (walnut creek amphitheater). my source says all he knows is what i posted....

yes, this sucks. and seriously, i am not trying to stir anybody up....i'm just not surprised JTR has nothing yet. the combination of my sources all point to the fact that there's nothing for him to have...

but anything can happen

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    dangerboy wrote:
    all the time. that answer was from a week or ten days ago? lollapalooza was not included for sure, but i trust my guy more than a radio guy in toronto...and that's coming from a 20 year radio veteran. my rock station here knows nothing. my venue has not heard from them (walnut creek amphitheater). my source says all he knows is what i posted....

yes, this sucks. and seriously, i am not trying to stir anybody up....i'm just not surprised JTR has nothing yet. the combination of my sources all point to the fact that there's nothing for him to have...

but anything can happen

Thanks! I'm just ready for something, that's all.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    Thanks! I'm just ready for something, that's all.

me, too. and up to now i've feared that arguing on behalf of my source and my credibility would only create infighting, and that's not what i want to do. we need each other on this...

let's just hope my guy just hasn't been told what his complete summer work/travel schedule is going to be yet

• stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    It does not really matter.If its not offical its nothing.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    ".....the waiting is the hardest part....."

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    dangerboy wrote:
    the combination of my sources all point to the fact that there's nothing for him to have...

but anything can happen

exactly.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    Still no Private Messages in my "Unread"

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • RodrigoDuRodrigoDu Posts: 140
    I got that email! 10c is just messing with us!!!! lol! I thought the next "Do Not Reply 10C email" would be them announcing the Southern Tour, but NO, it is just a reminder that they are not touring the south but Europe... lol! it's just nerve recking!

But anyway, i still have hope!

Play the South!!!

tybird wrote:
    Wow........wasn't even paying attention.......did just get an e-mail from the 10 club pushing Euro-packages.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    "The ocean's made me, but who came up with love?"

D.C. '00
    West Palm Beach '03
    Tampa '03
    Philadelphia '03
    Albany '03
    Mexico City 1,2,3 '03
    Pittsburgh '06
    Cincinnati '06
    NYC 2 '10
    Costa Rica '11
    Mexico City '15
    Dana Point '21
    Chicago 2 '24
    unofficial sticky

Pearl Jam Message Pit > User Control Panel > Private Messages
    Inbox
    Welcome, dangerboy.
    You last visited: 03-02-2007 at 08:50 PM
    Private Messages: Unread 0

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    never shook satans hand.....look see for yourself....
    you'd know it if i had that shit dont come off.........
    ill rise and fall let me take credit for both....
    jump off a cliff .......dont need your help......SO FUCK OFF!!!!!!!

so its friday afternoon, got a nice beer buzz going, ummm....wft dude? are you just bored?

get a hobby for fucks sake
    Dollpartz wrote:
    so its friday afternoon, got a nice beer buzz going, ummm....wft dude? are you just bored?

Not beer today.......he's sick according to a thread on the AET and is ramped up on Nyquil!!!

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    RodrigoDu wrote:
    I got that email! 10c is just messing with us!!!! lol! I thought the next "Do Not Reply 10C email" would be them announcing the Southern Tour, but NO, it is just a reminder that they are not touring the south but Europe... lol! it's just nerve recking!

But anyway, i still have hope!

Play the South!!!

I got that too. That leads me to believe we aren't hearing anything until those package offers expire on March 12.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    tybird wrote:
    Not beer today.......he's sick according to a thread on the AET and is ramped up on Nyquil!!!

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

lmao.....
    Dollpartz wrote:
    lmao.....
    Yeah....it's a pretty funny read....that thread in the AET, I mean.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    dangerboy wrote:

but anything can happen

Have you heard from your friend since the Lollapalooza article was published yesterday? Today's Chicago Sun Times article was clearly more carefully worded. Didnt several sources also say PJ were headlining Bonaroo and then they backed out? It really is interesting how info spreads in today's world. There is so much more info so easily available and yet so much conflicting info as well. You know the old saying: "Oh to be a fly on the wall!"

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0703020099mar02,1,5001378.story?coll=chi-newsnationworld-hed

Let the speculation begin about headliners for Chicago's big summer concerts. Pearl Jam is being mentioned as a possible headliner for Lollapalooza in Grant Park, Aug. 3-5. This information won't be confirmed (or debunked) for another couple of weeks, when festival organizers make the lineup public, but several sources say the Seattle quintet has been booked. Also confirmed to play the festival, according to singer Alec Ounsworth: Clap Your Hands Say Yeah.
    Brian
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    tybird wrote:
    Wow........wasn't even paying attention.......did just get an e-mail from the 10 club pushing Euro-packages.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

Torture! I opened my email inbox and saw donotreply10club or whatever the address is and got excited. Then I saw what the note was about. Oh yeah, those birds like to tease.
    Brian
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    i feel like i have a message pit hang over :D

WOOOT.... friday night biaz

and dollparts..... that beer sounds so good... might have to do that here a bit later :D
    NCBRI wrote:
    Have you heard from your friend since the Lollapalooza article was published yesterday? Today's Chicago Sun Times article was clearly more carefully worded. Didnt several sources also say they were headlining Bonaroo and then they backed out? It really is interesting how info spreads in today's world. There is so much more info so easily available and yet so much conflicting info as well. You know the old saying: "Oh to be a fly on the wall!"

no i haven't. i assume you mean have i asked him if the lollapalooza info is indeed accurate. the answer is, no, i gave jim deragotis the benefit of the doubt.

i'll see if i can catch up with him. i suppose it's also possible that the crew doesn't give a shit about the schedule and hears nothing until their hotel rooms are booked. they don't have to plan for a trip, it's their job...

ummm

i just got an email from ten club... and ... what a let down

i kinda wish i hadnt sent them a donut now! :P
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    Buy a travel package... i like cock.

Love,

The Ten Club

(yes im kidding, but that sucked ;p)
    Buy a travel package... i like cock.

Love,

The Ten Club

(yes im kidding, but that sucked ;p)
    You lost me on this.......:confused:

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    tybird wrote:
    You lost me on this.......:confused:

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

haha i got excited when i saw a message from the tenclub in my inbox ...

then i saw it was about travel packages :D

was a joke... sorry
  • NCBRI wrote:
    Didnt several sources also say they were headlining Bonaroo and then they backed out?

nobody ever said they were playing bonnaroo, the blog over at rollingstone.com picked up the rumor, another site had the rumor as well, but that was also a blog

yesterday's release about Lollapalooza is legit, yeah 10club has not commented on it, but why would they, the festival's want to announce their headliners, yes the info leaked, but that won't make 10club any more likely to announce the show if they have it worked out that the organizers at Lollapalooza break the news first...remember when people here picked up on the RSS feed the last time around, last march, well something similar happened for bonnaroo this year, one of the fans picked up on the site being prepped for the announcement the next day, the lineup leaked and was all over the major news sources within hours (billboard, pollstar, jambase, etc.) a couple hours later the organizers for bonnaroo, superfly, had signed up on the bonnaroo message board and explained how dissappointed they were that they didn't get to make the announcement, after all the months of hard work... so just think of it like this for pj at Lollapalooza, it's their's to announce, not pj, and not a chicago reporter

with that said, i have no doubt whatsoever about the billboard article. jonathan cohen has always handled pj news releases over there, and his report stated that he had sources independant of those of the chicago reporter, hell he just put up an article early this morning about ed inducting REM into the hall, he's legit

and this chicago reporter, jim derogatis... he might sound familiar around here, yeah he wrote that shitty review about their shows in chicago last year, yada yada yada, and i know his affinity for the band has gone down over the years, but he is a well respected music critic and reporter,and just check out his book Milk It... he's been following the seattle/alt rock scene for a long time now, he would not tie his name to a pj/Lollapalooza announcement without being 100% sure

soooooooooo, rejoice you southern folks, Lollapalooza will happen, and unless shit completely hits the fan between now and whenever pj announces their us plans for the summer, the handful of US shows will most certainly include a swing through the south, i've been saying it ever since they announced the us legs last march, and yeah we have never been given any reason from the band or 10club why the south was not included the first time around... they would not skip the south completely, it would just be a horrible and fuckin shitty thing to do, fuck everybody that tells you guys to quit your bitchin etc, keep this thread going for as long as it takes for the shows to be announced, it is inevitable now that billboard annouced us shows for the summer, cohen was the same guy who reported the x-mas single, noting that summer touring plans were in the works

IT'S GUNNA HAPPEN

PS...see you all this summer
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
    Is it strange that 10c has not confirmed Lollapalooza yet? It seems to be taken as fact iin other threads with the articles, Billboard, etc. It's already been 2 days now and still silence.

Wow, funny you posted, wickedmonk, same time I posted this.

• MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    Dollpartz wrote:

beer buzz going here too!
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Hi KAT!!! (Waving Arms, Waving, Smiling)

Hi SEA!!! (Waving Arms, Waving, Smiling)

We're here...

beer buzz going here too!

getting read to take a toke to the beach for the sunset... ahhhhh... been a long week.

• MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    nobody ever said they were playing bonnaroo, the blog over at rollingstone.com picked up the rumor, another site had the rumor as well, but that was also a blog

yesterday's release about Lollapalooza is legit, yeah 10club has not commented on it, but why would they, the festival's want to announce their headliners, yes the info leaked, but that won't make 10club any more likely to announce the show if they have it worked out that the organizers at Lollapalooza break the news first...remember when people here picked up on the RSS feed the last time around, last march, well something similar happened for bonnaroo this year, one of the fans picked up on the site being prepped for the announcement the next day, the lineup leaked and was all over the major news sources within hours (billboard, pollstar, jambase, etc.) a couple hours later the organizers for bonnaroo, superfly, had signed up on the bonnaroo message board and explained how dissappointed they were that they didn't get to make the announcement, after all the months of hard work... so just think of it like this for pj at Lollapalooza, it's their's to announce, not pj, and not a chicago reporter

with that said, i have no doubt whatsoever about the billboard article. jonathan cohen has always handled pj news releases over there, and his report stated that he had sources independant of those of the chicago reporter, hell he just put up an article early this morning about ed inducting REM into the hall, he's legit

and this chicago reporter, jim derogatis... he might sound familiar around here, yeah he wrote that shitty review about their shows in chicago last year, yada yada yada, and i know his affinity for the band has gone down over the years, but he is a well respected music critic and reporter,and just check out his book Milk It... he's been following the seattle/alt rock scene for a long time now, he would not tie his name to a pj/Lollapalooza announcement without being 100% sure

soooooooooo, rejoice you southern folks, Lollapalooza will happen, and unless shit completely hits the fan between now and whenever pj announces their us plans for the summer, the handful of US shows will most certainly include a swing through the south, i've been saying it ever since they announced the us legs last march, and yeah we have never been given any reason from the band or 10club why the south was not included the first time around... they would not skip the south completely, it would just be a horrible and fuckin shitty thing to do, fuck everybody that tells you guys to quit your bitchin etc, keep this thread going for as long as it takes for the shows to be announced, it is inevitable now that billboard annouced us shows for the summer, cohen was the same guy who reported the x-mas single, noting that summer touring plans were in the works

IT'S GUNNA HAPPEN

PS...see you all this summer

Cool. Look forward to seeing you this summer.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    haha i got excited when i saw a message from the tenclub in my inbox ...

then i saw it was about travel packages :D

was a joke... sorry

I didn't get that email... why?