***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    SPALMA wrote:
    getting read to take a toke to the beach for the sunset... ahhhhh... been a long week.

sounds like the week is going to end well though.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    SPALMA wrote:
    I didn't get that email... why?

check your spam folder or make sure the email address 10C has is the one you are checking.
    Brian
    Anyone else feel like they are in the Junior Detective Club here? Either that or an investigative journalist trying to expose some secret. All the "sources" and analyzation of clues is so Pelican Brief.
    Brian
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    NCBRI wrote:
    check your spam folder or make sure the email address 10C has is the one you are checking.

both are checked, nada... maybe I'll get it later.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    SPALMA wrote:
    both are checked, nada... maybe I'll get it later.

I didn't get it either. I don't need to see that anyway.

I did get my psychotropic tshirt today. it kicks ass.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Pre-cal homework....Yeah..:rolleyes:

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    Pre-cal homework....eah..:rolleyes:

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

I remember those days...ugh

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Cool. Look forward to seeing you this summer.

sweeeet, i have a feeling that the summer of 2007 will rock harder than the first two legs of the 2006 tour, actually i know it, and that thought alone makes me want to screeeeeeam...the boston shows were epic, philly was just insane, easily louder and more intense than the boston shows, that might have been the ampitheater setting though, jersey felt like like the east coast homecoming of sorts, and portland and the two gorge shows were just magical... but i expect, wait, i challange you guys in the south to show all us spoiled northeastern fans how to rock out like no other

i am soo confident that this is happening that i already told my boss i would be taking a leave effective august 1st... i look forward to spending many magical nights with you guys, you deserve it just as much as everybody who got shows the first time around

spalma, it's easy to see why pj hasn't announced it yet... these us fests are getting bigger and more competitive, coachella brought rage back, bonnaroo went out and line up the police, and judging from a recent interview that was a late move, i think they said they signed the police to play in the last week of 2006, and they changed their announcement date to coincide with the police's tour announcement... i believe that it was agreed upon in the contract that Lollapalooza's management would get the announcement, these fest work all year long to create these weekend long shows... 362 days work for 3 days of pure bliss, of course they want to be the ones to announce it, i'm not sure what effect the leak will have on this but we shall see, all i know is that jim derogatis does not bullshit when it comes to music reporting

as a sidenote, anybody want to tell me how to quote multiple posts, i'm sure its simple but i haven't been able to figure it out
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
    I remember those days...ugh
    I remembered then, but went back anyway.:rolleyes:

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    I remembered then, but went back anyway.:rolleyes:

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

More power to ya!

I'm never going back though.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    More power to ya!

I'm never going back though.
    One day I'll know what I want to be when I grow up....the current path is the one that will get me there.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    sweeeet, i have a feeling that the summer of 2007 will rock harder than the first two legs of the 2006 tour, actually i know it, and that thought alone makes me want to screeeeeeam...the boston shows were epic, philly was just insane, easily louder and more intense than the boston shows, that might have been the ampitheater setting though, jersey felt like like the east coast homecoming of sorts, and portland and the two gorge shows were just magical... but i expect, wait, i challange you guys in the south to show all us spoiled northeastern fans how to rock out like no other

i am soo confident that this is happening that i already told my boss i would be taking a leave effective august 1st... i look forward to spending many magical nights with you guys, you deserve it just as much as everybody who got shows the first time around

spalma, it's easy to see why pj hasn't announced it yet... these us fests are getting bigger and more competitive, coachella brought rage back, bonnaroo went out and line up the police, and judging from a recent interview that was a late move, i think they said they signed the police to play in the last week of 2006, and they changed their announcement date to coincide with the police's tour announcement... i believe that it was agreed upon in the contract that Lollapalooza's management would get the announcement, these fest work all year long to create these weekend long shows... 362 days work for 3 days of pure bliss, of course they want to be the ones to announce it, i'm not sure what effect the leak will have on this but we shall see, all i know is that jim derogatis does not bullshit when it comes to music reporting

as a sidenote, anybody want to tell me how to quote multiple posts, i'm sure its simple but i haven't been able to figure it out

I am feeling more and more positive since yesterday's article. It just so frustrating. The waiting........well you know.

As far as quoting, you just have to use the code and copy paste what you want to quote. Hell, you can even make something up.
    Sorry guys, its my fault nothing has been announced yet. It'll happen, I promise. Just have my damn Krispy Kremes ready when we get down there.

vB code faq: http://forums.pearljam.com/misc.php?do=bbcode
    Brian
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    SPALMA wrote:

i have no idea :d
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    SPALMA wrote:

I didn't get it either so I assumed it was only sent to frequent contributors to this thread.....that can't be right, though, or you would have received it.........? Of course, I was trying to make it mean something, not sure what...
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    Stay tuned to http://www.pearljam.com for updates on live Pearl Jam shows in the future

Just posted on sticky for last chance to order bootlegs. I am staying tuned and can't freaking wait.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • see the servers won't be able to handle the sheer explosiveness that will be the southern boots

but seriously looks like they're making some changes for the summer shows
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
    Fans and Friends!

One last, final reminder of the Ten Club travel package opportunity to see
    Pearl Jam in either London or Munich or both!

Please click here http://pearljam.fanasylum.com/ for more information or
    call (415) 575-6654.

This is it ... The Munich travel package opportunity will expire March
    12th at 5pm Pacific and there are only a few packages left for the highly
    coveted, sold out show in London!

Don't delay, make your plans today!

~10club

this is all it said, so you can imagine my anger :D
  • RodrigoDuRodrigoDu Posts: 140
    Stay tuned to http://www.pearljam.com for updates on live Pearl Jam shows in the future

Just posted on sticky for last chance to order bootlegs. I am staying tuned and can't freaking wait.

LAST CALL FOR BOOTLEGS03.02.07
    Friday, March 9th will be the last day to order bootlegs through bootlegs.pearljam.com. Stay tuned to http://www.pearljam.com for updates on live Pearl Jam shows in the future. ***Customers will have 30 days from date of purchase to complete the download process.

Stayed tuned?????? When?? today? tomorrow??? two weeks?!!!!!!!! tell us!!!!!!!!
    "The ocean's made me, but who came up with love?"

D.C. '00
    West Palm Beach '03
    Tampa '03
    Philadelphia '03
    Albany '03
    Mexico City 1,2,3 '03
    Pittsburgh '06
    Cincinnati '06
    NYC 2 '10
    Costa Rica '11
    Mexico City '15
    Dana Point '21
    Chicago 2 '24
    RodrigoDu wrote:
    LAST CALL FOR BOOTLEGS03.02.07
    Friday, March 9th will be the last day to order bootlegs through bootlegs.pearljam.com. Stay tuned to http://www.pearljam.com for updates on live Pearl Jam shows in the future. ***Customers will have 30 days from date of purchase to complete the download process.

Stayed tuned?????? When?? today? tomorrow??? two weeks?!!!!!!!! tell us!!!!!!!!

I know, I am just going to stay on here today, tomorrow and so on....

My wife may not be happy, but man, I don't want to miss it.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    I know, I am just going to stay on here today, tomorrow and so on....

My wife may not be happy, but man, I don't want to miss it.

i wouldnt get to excited.... we have been burned before :D

just be prepared :D
    JTR..........what say you? Anything for us?
    Brian
    Fans and Friends!

One last, final reminder of the Ten Club travel package opportunity to see
    Pearl Jam in either London or Munich or both!

Please click here http://pearljam.fanasylum.com/ for more information or
    call (415) 575-6654.

This is it ... The Munich travel package opportunity will expire March
    12th at 5pm Pacific and there are only a few packages left for the highly
    coveted, sold out show in London!

Don't delay, make your plans today!

~10club

this is all it said, so you can imagine my anger :D

Why don't they just rub it in?

thanks for posting it though... I'm not buying.

i wouldnt get to excited.... we have been burned before :D

just be prepared :D

I am mentally prepared for the bus to crush me.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    new stats: 564 contributors to this thread.

Much more than other monster threads I have checked... one thread with over 22,000 posts had 200+ contributors. One other monster thread had 300+ that was the most I have found.

We give a warm welcome, here in the South.

SPALMA wrote:
    new stats: 564 contributors to this thread.

Much more than other monster threads I have checked... one thread with over 22,000 posts had 200+ contributors. One other monster thread had 300+ that was the most I have found.

We give a warm welcome, here in the South.

Impressive numbers. Now we just have to meet up at a show.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Alright, gonna check back later. Hopefully someone will have a little inside info.
    The good news is it really looks like its happening. Now we have 10C getting ready to clear out the 2006 boots and saying to "Stay tuned to http://www.pearljam.com for updates on live Pearl Jam shows in the future". Now if we could just get one of those damn birdies to go ahead and spill the beans. ;)

~ MUST GET AWAY FROM HERE ~
    Brian
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Thanks for the well wishes SPALMA, tybird, dollpartz...... :)

Been reading all the posts from today hoping somebody had some good news. Looks like our asses are still hanging out in the wind....

Somebody, I think it was callen, posted that they owe so much to the band emotion-wise, that they can't be mad (something like that he said). Anyway, that's kinda how I feel. Even though my head is about to explode I'm on here looking for tidbits cause I love those guys so much.

And YOU guys are all special too. I don't think there's another band anywhere who has such bitchin people in their fan club. Thanks for that!

~Play the South sometime~
    SOON!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Impressive numbers. Now we just have to meet up at a show.
    I will be there for sure!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    im so fn siked :D

im gonna hug everyone! yes! No one is safe!!!