***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Florida!!!!Play Florida!!!!
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    I have a bottle of some red wine at home just waiting to be opened in celebration.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    T-Mac wrote:
    They haven't played down here in a while so I figured I had better take action and post for the first time...Surely I can coax them down here with a post or two...

ive mailed a peace offering... heres to hoping it works :D
    and there is #8200...Here is to hoping the celebration posts start soon.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    and there is #8200...Here is to hoping the celebration posts start soon.

They should make the announcement have meaning and announce when we hit #10,000....let's get posting people!!
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • acidfuelacidfuel Posts: 153
    p
    l
    a
    y
    t
    h
    e
    s
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Wouldn't it be nice if Kat or Sea made an announcement in our thread (instead of a sticky).
    We could sit back and watch the entire forum come visit us in the south to see what's going on.

...Hell, it would just be nice if one of the mods came a visited once in a while for any reason.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    SPALMA wrote:
    Wouldn't it be nice if Kat or Sea made an announcement in our thread (instead of a sticky).
    We could sit back and watch the entire forum come visit us in the south to see what's going on.

...Hell, it would just be nice if one of the mods came a visited once in a while for any reason.

what if they made this thread a sticky AND announced the dates in here? fuckin a that would be awesome.

i'd also love to see them visit here for a reason other than cleaning up the nasties...

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • play San Juan, Puerto Rico...................!
    a WAVE came crashing like a fist to the jaw !
    WPB 03,Tampa 03,Camden 03,MSG1 03,Kissimmee 04,Lollapalooza 07, WPB 08,Tampa 08,Chicago 2009 (night 1 & 2), MSG 1 & 2 May 2010. PJ20 Sept 3 & 4 2011, Midtown Festival Sept 2012, Brooklyn Oct 18 & 19 2013, Ft Lauderdale 2016 and Miami 2016, Brooklyn, NY 2017
    SPALMA wrote:

That would be great to refresh the screen and see Kat telling us they are heading South. See, you don't have to be asleep to dream.

I am sure they take a peak in here every so often...so "Hello Kat/Sea!"

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    play San Juan, Puerto Rico...................!

that would be niceeeeeeee

estaria cabron!

p l a y t h e s o u t h
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    OK, JTR. Billboard just spilled the beans on Lollapalooza. Let's hear the rest of the dates!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Another article is out saying Palooza is a done deal and it mentions "a handful of North American shows". That makes me nervous.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Another article is out saying Palooza is a done deal and it mentions "a handful of North American shows". That makes me nervous.

Yeah, that means IF they include a show in the South somewhere, everyone from all over the country will be trying to get tickets to go to it and a lot of Southerners will be left out..... :(
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    what a long ass day this is turning into ................ please 10 club, can you throw us a freakin bone over here?
    Dollpartz wrote:
    what a long ass day this is turning into ................ please 10 club, can you throw us a freakin bone over here?

I'm glad i have to go to the dentist now. I will be forced to step away for a little while.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Dollpartz wrote:
    They HAVE got the board down to two pages at a time of the day when there's usually 10 - 15. You know, economizing on bandwidth in anticipation of a lot of activity....??
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    acidfuel wrote:
    p
    l
    a
    y
    t
    h
    e
    s
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    Sweeeet....

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    You know that feeling of when you go to a restraunt and your food is waiting for you when you get back from going to the bathroom. What a great feeling.

Anyway, that is what is going to happen today. I can feel it. I am going to go to the dentist and when I get home and turn on my computer, my food will be waiting on me.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    play florida

now!
    You know that feeling of when you go to a restraunt and your food is waiting for you when you get back from going to the bathroom. What a great feeling.

Anyway, that is what is going to happen today. I can feel it. I am going to go to the dentist and when I get home and turn on my computer, my food will be waiting on me.

That thought should make your dentist visit a little more pleasant!!

~Play the South sometime~
    SOON!!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Just a Tampa and West Palm show for Florida...I dont think that's too much to ask... And if I want to be greedy about it how about Orlando, Miami and then through in Atlanta for good measure. Whatd'ya say?
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Dollpartz wrote:

yes!!!

i need good news before work :D
    lukin321 wrote:
    Just a Tampa and West Palm show for Florida...I dont think that's too much to ask... And if I want to be greedy about it how about Orlando, Miami and then through in Atlanta for good measure. Whatd'ya say?
    Not too shabby of a plan

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    lukin321 wrote:

Works for me! :)
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    Works for me! :)

Florida would have to be included.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    lukin321 wrote:

I like!!!
    high five!!!!
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    Florida would have to be included.

Yeah, I'm from Florida. Been to many shows there, so it's as good as Atlanta for me...... I wouldn't mind a show or two in NC. Never been to any shows there.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    Yeah, I'm from Florida. Been to many shows there, so it's as good as Atlanta for me...... I wouldn't mind a show or two in NC. Never been to any shows there.
    Anywhere in the South that did not get a show in 2006 would be great.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~