***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Sounds exciting. I really really hope this isn't BS. Thanks!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    callen wrote:
    first being Sao Paulo Brazil....didn't even make it till the opening band started....they let us in 3 hours early...when the flood gates opened..and all those hard core parting folks that spent night drinking reached us...man it was rough....after about an hour and a half...watching people pissing in cups...then passing it forward..and being squashed...resigned to going to the back. Did it again in Switzerland...cause at first it was slated as a seated concert....but no..another GA...course it was a much smaller crowd...and was able to hang in there...but again...pain, sweat....not for me. Did get Eddies attention though....that was sooo cool. okay and worth it...but I'll take seats anyday over GA. Okay rant over.....

I couldn't even imagine the Sao Paulo concert (I think I would just be scared down there)... must have been madness.

Night II in Lisboa we sat along the side in the first row balcony, side stage. the best seats we have ever had! And we got to watch the mosh madness from above. It was the best concert I've been to so far.

If festivals is all they play for us in the South, we'll have to go, but be content to spread out in the back, close our eyes and just listen to the music.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    How awesome would that be?

I hope I am on JTR's list.

yeh, me too. i don't remember putting myself on it, but if i'm not maybe a kind soul who knows me will forward

unofficial sticky

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    JTR wrote:
    I have e-mailed my friends in Seattle to see if it's ok to put forth the list as I have it. When I get a return e-mail I will send everyone a PM that was on the list from last week. Please do not post it.

A while back I wrote this:

"and then Europe onto US "weird progression" stops until The Bridge School Benefit and then go into the studio. Weird Progression is the tour order and venue selection."

What I meant is that the band it tired as shit of the usual Live Nation/Clear Channel/Miller Lite promoted and venued shows and are trying to put together a more creative tour that is festive. The South is included. These odd venues and festivals are hard to tie down. The Chicago release this morning came out because I had been told it was ok to run my mouth today because it would be announced today - and I will bet that reporter had the same instructions.

Either way, I will send the return e-mail that I get. I'm not going away ...

Am I on your PM list? ...I like you... :)
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    JTR i PM you.I need to get that list! It is driving me crazy!!!!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    How awesome would that be?

I hope I am on JTR's list.
    Somewhere beyond awesome...........I saw the North-Mississippi All-Stars & Drive-by Truckers there in 2005.....and that was the bomb!!!! Pearl Jam at the Alabama would be sensory overload!!!!

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Please include me as well JTR.....will buy you a beer next time we meet... (-:
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    callen wrote:
    Wasn't he going to use the leading contributers to the thread list for his PM list?

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    callen wrote:

Me too!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    For some reason all of this is making me laugh. It's crazy.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    For some reason all of this is making me laugh. It's crazy.

if we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane
    if we weren't all crazy, we would go insane....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I believe this was the list...
    JTR wrote:
    tybird
    weenie
    SPALMA
    NCBRI
    dangerboy
    Dollpartz
    stoneg
    holleroxx
    Pearl_Juli
    yield2me
    Flagg
    MakingWaves
    BarkingDogs
    mwachsman
    gardenlover
    LeatherMandi
    BeBe
    red mos
    TheGossman
    intodeep

Got it thanks.
    Dollpartz wrote:
    What a fine looking group of folks:cool:.........:D

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    Dollpartz wrote:

Oh yeah, and what a list it is.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Looks like bad weather again.........must be Spring...:rolleyes:
    Probably going to ruin my lab trip this afternoon in search of salamanders. :(

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    tybird wrote:
    Looks like bad weather again.........must be Spring...:rolleyes:
    Probably going to ruin my lab trip this afternoon in search of salamanders. :(

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

That stinks. Bad weather flew through here about 2 hours ago. Tornado warning and everything.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    That stinks. Bad weather flew through here about 2 hours ago. Tornado warning and everything.
    Closing some schools early here......have not heard about BSC yet....I don't want to spend lab time in a field zoology class in a building. :mad: I guess the dogs will want in at some point. They are both scared by thunder.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    Comes in like a Lion and goes out like a Lamb. That's what my 6-year-old told me this morning.
    JTR wrote:
    Comes in like a Lion and goes out like a Lamb. That's what my 6-year-old told me this morning.

She is right. As long as it keeps snowing in Colorado for ski trip in late March I don't mind.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    JTR wrote:
    It sure looks like it wants to roar here today.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    jBeen working; missed all the JTR talk. I hope he's telling the truth! It sounds exciting!! Can't Wait!!

~PLAY THE SOUTH SOON!!!!!~
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    "Will you PM me the list also?"

Sure, as long as I am allowed. There is a lot of trust within Pearl Jam and I won't violate it, but I will send the e-mail response I get.
    JTR wrote:
    "Will you PM me the list also?"

Sure, as long as I am allowed. There is a lot of trust within Pearl Jam and I won't violate it, but I will send the e-mail response I get.
    A state of love and trust, you say.:)

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    Dollpartz wrote:

I thought it was everybody that has posted in the past two weeks....
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    pathorses wrote:
    I thought it was everybody that has posted in the past two weeks....
    Hello pathorses..........still have not seen anything related to your question to me. My ears, however, are open.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    not getting much work done today.....can't seem to concentrate
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    im kinda confused :D
    Dollpartz wrote:
    not getting much work done today.....can't seem to concentrate

I know, in 4 hours I have gotten one equation solved. Stopping every 3 minutes and refreshing the screen isn't helping things.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    im kinda confused :D
    It's a sign of your advanced age.........wow 79 years old according to her Myspace.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    tybird wrote:
    It's a sign of your advanced age.........wow 79 years old according to her Myspace.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

she looks amazing for 79 doesnt she?