***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Hmmm...I am seriously considering doing this...could be a great time, and the closest we will get to PJ any time soon.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Who said we actually had to have a Pearl Jam show to party?? If they’re not coming to us…we’ll have our own shin-dig!

It’s the 2nd Annual (although it’s been more than a year) Atlanta Meet-Up! =) Mark your calendars now!!

March 3rd, 2007 at the Wild Wings Café in Marietta, GA

For now it’s dinner and drinks and our most favorite PJ tribute—TEN! =) Depending on the response, there may be an afternoon BBQ and even a post-show hotel party…woo! =) Any of you that have met me or Kyle know that having fun is our specialty, so this is a party that’s not to be missed! =)

I can’t say enough good things about the guys from TEN. How can meeting up with other PJ fans, having lots of drinks and listening to PJ tunes be a bad time?? I saw these guys play in NYC to a crowd of over 600…but for some reason when they make the trek South only a handful show up. We need that passion here!! So this is our chance to come together and form our own little Southern community---one that can make some waves so that next tour we won’t be missed!!

If you have questions or concerns feel free to e-mail me! Katrock79@aol.com

Sorry, I said I was off the forum for a while, but this looks good. Must talk to hubby and check schedules. It might be something. Because a major element of teh Pearl Jam love is the fan base. We are part of an exculsive subset of society and we are very cool. Who better to meet and party with? And a road trip would be nice. a great way to re-connect.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    SPALMA wrote:
    Regarding the planned Orlando show, the word is, the southern tour this spring was pushed, again, to end of summer.

You know what? - I think they've sold out. what happened to their righteous connection to the common man? They are part of the establishment they have fought so hard.
    They can play where they want and when they want - However, they do owe us communication. That is all.

I'm off this message board for a while - I have things to do, a life to live. I am tired of waiting and watching.

~Play the South~????
    Pearl Jam, do whatever you want.

Amen sister. That's exactly how I feel. Why no communication of any kind? I say that's 10C's bad. They've become part of the establishment too. Plus, they've become lame as hell.

Our new mantra: ~Play the South~????
    Pearl Jam, do whatever you want.[/quote]
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    You know there is something wrong when I have to get all my information from a radio DJ (love ya Carter)
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    My heart is sad:( No southern dates :( and I STILL havent received my deep mag yet :(
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    ..all the pj photos were peeling

..and colors turned to grey...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• bookmusebookmuse Posts: 277
    I'm signing on and rooting for the south. I may live way up there but I was born and raised in Forida and plan to visit home sometime this year. Would love it to coincide with a tour :D:D:D I'm holding out because my gut says they will tour in the south yet this year.
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn
  • bookmuse wrote:
    I'm signing on and rooting for the south. I may live way up there but I was born and raised in Forida and plan to visit home sometime this year. Would love it to coincide with a tour :D:D:D I'm holding out because my gut says they will tour in the south yet this year.

Thanks for your understanding. It is very refreshing. Cheers!
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Bump for the hopeful and faithful :)
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    "echoes..... that nobody hears... it goes it goes it goes....."
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • cassidpcassidp Posts: 31
    Still holdin' out hope here in ATL. Why wouldn't they come back to the South? Just because we haven't heard anything yet doesn't mean we're being ignored. They're saving the best for last
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Keep this thread ALIVE.I know it is very disappointing that they are going to Europe in June But that is only 1 month out of a whole year.I think Spring is out for us.But there is always Summer and Fall,Please keep the faith It WILL pay off in the end.Peace to all!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • stoneg wrote:
    Keep this thread ALIVE.I know it is very disappointing that they are going to Europe in June But that is only 1 month out of a whole year.I think Spring is out for us.But there is always Summer and Fall,Please keep the faith It WILL pay off in the end.Peace to all!

Its frustrating...we were hoping fall or winter 06. Early 07 maybe. It just makes absolutely no sense to me to skip over an entire part of the country...and come back a year later? Especially if the reason is the "environmental cost" of touring the south. You can't tell me its better for the environment to break a tour in half by throwing 2 european legs in the middle!
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    unofficial sticky

as difficult as it is right now, i'm going to try to muster some hope....

these european shows are based around the festivals. festivals have many bands and go on for several days. the planning required for so many people has to be done farther in advance than just regular pearl jam shows. with tickets for the summer festivals going on public sale soon, the 10c has had to put out the info earlier than they might normally. these shows aren't for 5 more months....

there's still plenty of time for them to finalize and announce another leg in the us BEFORE the europe shows. the shows could be in april and may, with tickets going on sale in late feb or early march

that's the best i can do :\

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Its frustrating...we were hoping fall or winter 06. Early 07 maybe. It just makes absolutely no sense to me to skip over an entire part of the country...and come back a year later? Especially if the reason is the "environmental cost" of touring the south. You can't tell me its better for the environment to break a tour in half by throwing 2 european legs in the middle!

Above anything else...PJ is a business. They don't sell the number of albums in the South that they do anywhere else in the country. When they look at numbers across the country...they go where they sell the most (i.e. Boston or Philly). Anybody remember the Birmingham show in '03?? Why would you return somewhere the venue was half empty??

Don't get me wrong...I want them down here as much as the next guy. But if you're looking for a why...more than likely that's it. My theory all along has been that the South would be much later. Why?? Cause if they come down here in the Fall (or whenever) they know all the US-starved fans will travel down here. So it doesn't matter what kind of CD sales they have. All those folks from Boston and Philly will be coming down here. That's just my theory anyway....and what do I really know?? =D

In the meantime, go to this thread:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=4100412&posted=1#post4100412
    Even if they're not coming here we can all get together and party right?? Then when they do play down here...we'll all be buddies and throw the most bad ass of parties! woo! =)
    Smiles,
    Katrina
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    Above anything else...PJ is a business. They don't sell the number of albums in the South that they do anywhere else in the country. When they look at numbers across the country...they go where they sell the most (i.e. Boston or Philly). Anybody remember the Birmingham show in '03?? Why would you return somewhere the venue was half empty??

Don't get me wrong...I want them down here as much as the next guy. But if you're looking for a why...more than likely that's it. My theory all along has been that the South would be much later. Why?? Cause if they come down here in the Fall (or whenever) they know all the US-starved fans will travel down here. So it doesn't matter what kind of CD sales they have. All those folks from Boston and Philly will be coming down here. That's just my theory anyway....and what do I really know?? =D

In the meantime, go to this thread:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=4100412&posted=1#post4100412
    Even if they're not coming here we can all get together and party right?? Then when they do play down here...we'll all be buddies and throw the most bad ass of parties! woo! =)

see, i don't buy this. it only makes sense that in a city with 8 million people you'd be able to do 3 shows with 20000 each. in an area with 2 million people, one 20000 seat show is the same ratio.

people have said for years that the north and east sell better than the south. unfortunately, there's no place to go for attendance figures to prove or disprove that theory. 12000 people in a 22000 seat venue in the south is different from 12000 people in a 15000 seat venue in cincinnati HOW? the shows from 06 were not all sellouts. i wan't to see some numbers, cuz i don't believe it based on what i've experienced. are they going to stop playing cities where they can't pack in 25000 to the rafters?

the environmental impact argument is crap. they haul their shit all over the world. nobody can seriously argue that it's worse for the environment for them to truck shit within their own country than fly and haul shit half way around the world. several times.

rrrrr. sorry. please don't take anything personal. end rant/

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I don't buy that reasoning either because it seems like every other band in the world can make it here. And if they don't sell the same number of tickets or records as they once did, then cut back on your overhead and play some smaller places like Nokia Theater or some other mid size 7000 seat theaters like that.

If Foo Fighters can do that and Bob Dylan and countless others, why not Pearl Jam? I hate that excuse that they don't sell enough tickets here because that is what it is, an excuse.

They could have solved all of this by just hitting the 10 biggest cities in the South last year. I'm not talking all the mid-sized towns. I'm talking the big citites like Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, Miami, Charlotte, etc. 10 extra shows, that's it. Instead they are hauling all their shit to Europe for 11 shows.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    dangerboy wrote:
    unofficial sticky

as difficult as it is right now, i'm going to try to muster some hope....

these european shows are based around the festivals. festivals have many bands and go on for several days. the planning required for so many people has to be done farther in advance than just regular pearl jam shows. with tickets for the summer festivals going on public sale soon, the 10c has had to put out the info earlier than they might normally. these shows aren't for 5 more months....

there's still plenty of time for them to finalize and announce another leg in the us BEFORE the europe shows. the shows could be in april and may, with tickets going on sale in late feb or early march

that's the best i can do :\

i dunno man..... time is everything right now.... i feel like if something like that isnt annnounced within the next couple of days... its pretty much out of the question

i still really am keeping my hopes up though:)
  • dangerboy wrote:
    see, i don't buy this. it only makes sense that in a city with 8 million people you'd be able to do 3 shows with 20000 each. in an area with 2 million people, one 20000 seat show is the same ratio.

people have said for years that the north and east sell better than the south. unfortunately, there's no place to go for attendance figures to prove or disprove that theory. 12000 people in a 22000 seat venue in the south is different from 12000 people in a 15000 seat venue in cincinnati HOW? the shows from 06 were not all sellouts. i wan't to see some numbers, cuz i don't believe it based on what i've experienced. are they going to stop playing cities where they can't pack in 25000 to the rafters?

the environmental impact argument is crap. they haul their shit all over the world. nobody can seriously argue that it's worse for the environment for them to truck shit within their own country than fly and haul shit half way around the world. several times.

rrrrr. sorry. please don't take anything personal. end rant/

Hey...trust me...I'm on your side. =D I'm tired of traveling all over this country to see this band! =D And I see your thought process....but that doesn't always hold true. Boston and Atlanta are comparable in size. (Metro atl population about 5 million, metro boston about 5.8...I got that from wikipedia) But Boston got how many shows in '03 and Atlanta got one. There's a reason they play more shows up there...it's not just that they like it up there more than they do down here. You know?? It's not a matter of not selling out shows...it's a matter of demand.

And absolutely, there's no reason not to play these cities and play smaller venues. A 3 night run at The Fox or the Tabernacle in Atlanta would be beyond on unreal. Hey...they did it in San Fran! =D And you're right...even one night at a big venue here would be packed...so yeah...I'm with you guys...I don't get it. But I bet...somewhere sometime during the planning of the tour there was a discussion about numbers...and I'm sure the South's lacking record sales didn't necessarily make them excited about wanting to play here. Again...lol...this is all just my theory, and I know not a thing. =D
    Smiles,
    Katrina
    *wonders if the myspace request for KATRINA is you, :D * ^
  • Play the SOUTH YOU PUSSIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Get your ass back to the top^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Back to the top.I will not let all of the "BAD" news get us down.We have worked too hard to get our shows.Alittle more work won't kill us.BUMP!!!!!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Hell why is half of America being ignored by Pearl Jam? Sorry, but starting to get pissy.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

Hey...trust me...I'm on your side. =D I'm tired of traveling all over this country to see this band! =D And I see your thought process....but that doesn't always hold true. Boston and Atlanta are comparable in size. (Metro atl population about 5 million, metro boston about 5.8...I got that from wikipedia) But Boston got how many shows in '03 and Atlanta got one. There's a reason they play more shows up there...it's not just that they like it up there more than they do down here. You know?? It's not a matter of not selling out shows...it's a matter of demand.

And absolutely, there's no reason not to play these cities and play smaller venues. A 3 night run at The Fox or the Tabernacle in Atlanta would be beyond on unreal. Hey...they did it in San Fran! =D And you're right...even one night at a big venue here would be packed...so yeah...I'm with you guys...I don't get it. But I bet...somewhere sometime during the planning of the tour there was a discussion about numbers...and I'm sure the South's lacking record sales didn't necessarily make them excited about wanting to play here. Again...lol...this is all just my theory, and I know not a thing. =D

Hey Katrina-
    If you're such a big fan, why haven't I seen any posts from you on the thread? I checked your history and you didn't start posting on the thread until the "announcement" of your "PJ party" up in Marietta. You never posted to get the boys to tour the south; you never bought any trees - you never even talked about PJ not touring the south until recently. What, do you own the restaurant where you're having the party?

This smells funny. If you were such a fan, you would have been posting on the thread with the rest of the faithful. Now all of a sudden you're all over the thread???

Sorry, there's something missing here.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    You know I was just watching a DVD of Jeff and Stone in front of congress speaking out against ticketmaster, trying to keep their ticket pricess down to $18 and service fee of $1.75, it was kinda funny, you wanna know the main reason PJ doesn't sell in the south? THERE TICKETS ARE FUCKIN OVERPRICED! I remember back in 03 it cost over $40 to sit on the lawn, lower your ticket prices guys and you will sell fine down here, hell if 311 can play to 18,000 people in Atlanta, so can you!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
    weenie wrote:
    Hey Katrina-
    If you're such a big fan, why haven't I seen any posts from you on the thread? I checked your history and you didn't start posting on the thread until the "announcement" of your "PJ party" up in Marietta. You never posted to get the boys to tour the south; you never bought any trees - you never even talked about PJ not touring the south until recently. What, do you own the restaurant where you're having the party?

This smells funny. If you were such a fan, you would have been posting on the thread with the rest of the faithful. Now all of a sudden you're all over the thread???

Sorry, there's something missing here.

this is the kinda shit she gets for throwing a party for all of us jammers to meet up? you are pathetic!
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    WE have tried to keep this thread positive, right now we are reeling with disappointment and turning on each other which is not the most productive way to deal with it.

I'm turning my anger, disappointment and loss of respect on the band, they are the ultimate decision makers...unless they have sold out to sony.

They don't ever have to play the south - it is their decision - they don't owe us anything... just communicate it in a clear and timely manner - no more game playing. BE HONEST WITH US.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    SPALMA wrote:
    WE have tried to keep this thread positive, right now we are reeling with disappointment and turning on each other which is not the most productive way to deal with it.

I'm turning my anger, disappointment and loss of respect on the band, they are the ultimate decision makers...unless they have sold out to sony.

They don't ever have to play the south - it is their decision - they don't owe us anything... just communicate it in a clear and timely manner - no more game playing. BE HONEST WITH US.

thats what we've been saying since 2006 when announced the first batch of dates, its so freakin simple, just ask kelly curtis, are they playing the south at all this year? Fuck I would have done atleast 5 more shows last year than I did. I never thought I'd feel this way about the band, in 2003 everything just seemed perfect, they announced entire tours, not leg by leg. Yes this thread is becoming kinda negative, I'm only mad because I got so excited when I saw the post to "get your memberships up to date", and don't give an insight on what we are looking at. The majority of the fanclub are americans!