OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Flagg wrote:
    This is starting to suck.

This is totally sucking ass.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Pretty disapointing. Can't say it doesn't hurt i'd love to see them.

I don't hunt, but i might want to go bird hunting soon.....

As said before if i lived somewhere far off the beaten path i would understand but PJ has played atlanta i think every tour except the most recent. It seems strange. Makes you feel unwanted sort of.

:(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    intodeep wrote:

As said before if i lived somewhere far off the beaten path i would understand but PJ has played atlanta i think every tour except the most recent. It seems strange. Makes you feel unwanted sort of.

hurt. crushed. rejected.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    intodeep wrote:

I feel very unwanted.Why Europe?They got shows in 2006.We did'nt get any.Oh well I still have hope.I wonder how many people in the south will turn there backs on them when they do come?That will just mean I get a closer seat I guess.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Europe? The big news from the birdy is Europe? I am not impressed.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

of your own country....not the south of France or Germany again.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    Europe? The big news from the birdy is Europe? I am not impressed.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

of your own country....not the south of France or Germany again.

I can imagine your frustration.

Im not sayin you are but, I think ye should be happy for us in Europe and point your frustration at Pearl Jam.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    I can imagine your frustration.

Im not sayin you are but, I think ye should be happy for us in Europe and point your frustration at Pearl Jam.
    Why should I be happy for Europe........you deride our thread, and then say "be happy for us because we got what you have not gotten"???? Europe has to wait a whole year between PJ visits, and the Southern US has to wait a mere four years? Nice.......:rolleyes:

Besides, I plan on being in Alaska in June. (which I would not trade for any destination in Europe.)

P.S. Folks in the South don't like being called "yanks".

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • THEY WILL PLAY THE SOUTH THIS YEAR.

Jesus, just wait.

Just because they didn't announce U.S. dates first, doesn't mean they won't be playing here this year.
    Noblesville 6/03
    Toledo 10/04
    Grand Rapids 10/04
    Grand Rapids 5/06
    Cleveland 5/06
    Cincinnati 6/06
    *hopefully sometime before I die* Noblesville

Songs I'm hoping to hear live: Nothingman, In My Tree, Indifference, and Animal
  • tybird wrote:
    Why should I be happy for Europe........you deride our thread, and then say "be happy for us because we got what you have not gotten"???? Europe has to wait a whole year between PJ visits, and the Southern US has to wait a mere four years? Nice.......:rolleyes:

Besides, I plan on being in Alaska in June. (which I would not trade for any destination in Europe.)

P.S. Folks in the South don't like being called "yanks".

~

You should be happy for us because we never get to see the band. A tour out of the blue last year!! All I meant is for you to be bitter at the band and not the European fans. We don't pick the destinations of the Pearl Jam tour ya know!!

The only bad thing I said on this thread was to give it a rest until the band started touring again. Don't take it so Personal/

Don't recall calling people of the south "Yanks".

Alaska must be delighted to have you. Europe will be very upset!!
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    we will get a few dates

Dont worry....
  • keep it up

hope is the underdog...and you always root for the underdog

Eddie's a cubs fan :)
    Alaska must be delighted to have you. Europe will be very upset!!
    Oh, you are trying to be snide, aren't yah.
    Yes, Alaska is glad to see the eco-tourism dollars that we will bring.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • tybird wrote:
    Oh, you are trying to be snide, aren't yah.
    Yes, Alaska is glad to see the eco-tourism dollars that we will bring.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

Im very happy for you.

You maybe surprised but I do hope ye get your tour this year.

Just lay off us European folk for getting a few dates in Europe.

I still have to travel to England!!
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • we will get a few dates

Dont worry....

i agree...it would be the height of stupidity to go back to europe and then entirely ignore the south again. i just can't see them doing that.
    "let's hug it out, bitch."

"and onward goes this thing of ours."
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • I'm happy for people in Europe, don't get me wrong...but WTF? Why would you play only the north USA then tour Europe? They will probably tour South America and Iceland next. Then maybe if they have time, they will tour the south USA..just maybe...only if we plant a million more trees.

If PJ had any plans of touring the south USA, why wouldn't they tell us that it MIGHT happen? Knowing that it was a POSSIBILITY is better than knowing nothing.

Lastly, I'm so sick of people from the north whining about how people from the south should have traveled up there to see PJ in concert. I'm happy those people don't work for a living and could travel down here if PJ only came to the south. But I can't afford it, I can't take time off work, I'm working on my BSEE three days a week so I can't take time off from school, plus I have 2 young daughters, one is in 1st grade. I guess I'm not a "devoted" PJ fan. Even though I've been a fan for 16 years.
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    stoneg wrote:
    6600 plus posts.We are tooo BIG to be ignored.I hope no one is losing faith. I think a Spring tour in going to happen.

Am extremely disappointed at the moment, but I do agree, they can still come South before the tour.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I am very disappointed but I still have some hope.

Remember last tour they announced a leg and then waited a couple of weeks until all the 10C tickets sales were over and then announced another leg. That could still happen here.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

We will be leaving shortly for the panhandle of Florida.......the area around St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge.......Alabama Ornithological Society's winter meeting.
  • Please play the South!
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    them not coming to the South....they just have to come....I'm heartbroken as well.....but....I have to have faith.....I won't burn my PJ collection..I won't I won't ...I won't tell people they abondoned us.......no no no...come on PJ...give us some hope.....we don't want your money..we don't want you publicity...we don't want anything but to be able to see and listen to your art....don't deny us.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Flagg wrote:
    I am very disappointed but I still have some hope.

Remember last tour they announced a leg and then waited a couple of weeks until all the 10C tickets sales were over and then announced another leg. That could still happen here.

Yes, I remember. i remember that's how most of us ended up with nothing...waiting for the southern leg to be announced :(
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    tybird wrote:
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

We will be leaving shortly for the panhandle of Florida.......the area around St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge.......Alabama Ornithological Society's winter meeting.

I'm sooo freakin jealous.....
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    callen wrote:
    I'm sooo freakin jealous.....
    Hey.........I jealous that you're so close to the Texas coast.........great stuff to seen there. :D

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Is it my imagination or is PearlJam playing for the rich? To those folks who can afford to travel across country or overseas? what happend to the ties to the common man/woman? Tour Packages they are offering now to Europe! Does anyone else see some duplicity in that?

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    i'm really pissed off right now....going to calm down before i post again...
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

St. Marks, here we come...........