***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    daystar143 wrote:
    tybird wrote:
    I have love for Texas too...........Houston or Dallas would be cool with me.

Besides....it's not my banner....it's our banner!!!

Tis a wise husband who puts the vote in for Dallas, since one of his wife's best friends just moved there in April.
    Wise??? Me??? :rolleyes:

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Way too close to the bottom for comfort bump

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    unofficial sticky

i'm as giddy as a schoolgirl

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Bump Bump Bump for some sort of news! Florida loves Pearl Jam!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Had management training today and am supposed to keep a time log for 3 days of what I spend my time doing (every minute). (time management exercise) so howam I going to explain the 3 hours per day I spend on this forum... waiting for news?

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Man in need of smile. Play the south!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    SPALMA wrote:
    Had management training today and am supposed to keep a time log for 3 days of what I spend my time doing (every minute). (time management exercise) so howam I going to explain the 3 hours per day I spend on this forum... waiting for news?

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

call it "personal mental health time", or "meditation time"

unofficial sticky!

could we really be this close to some shows out here in the sticks? god, i hope so

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • Just try. Try to name a part of the country -- or the world, for that matter --that's done more for music in the last 150 years than these Southern United States.

We birthed the blues. We launched rock 'n' roll. We've been the seat of gospel, the bastion of bluegrass, the home to the world's hottest hip-hop. We've dug deep down to our Nappy Roots, fostered Stephen Foster, screamed "Sweet Home Alabama" and gotten straight-up Ludacris, from Memphis to Mobile to Uncle Tupelo.

Southern music encompasses all kinds of styles, yet it hangs together as a coherent genre. Nobody's ever heard of New England music or Midwestern music, but down here we know that rock can have soul and rap can be country, and even wimpy folk can count so long as it's got Carolina in its mind. Southern music's more of a sensibility than a sound.

The South is about big ideas (like pain and redemption) and small pleasures (like the look of grandma's hands). The South is also increasingly diverse -- racially, economically and politically.

If our music has a common thread, it's the thread of hope -- hope that this mystical land won't lose all that's made it special and that it's not too proud to admit when it's wrong. Those are some big challenges. But they're nothing the music can't handle.

It's gettin close-Pearl Jam Southern Style-I can feel it!
    man it's been a long year since the album came out and reading all these fanviews from all over the world, but i have a positive feelin this little birdy is bringing good vibrations
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    SPALMA wrote:
    Not a dumb Idea at all! I can provide a few shirts? how many we talking?

Hey! Maybe you can even attach to one of the shirts my "play In Fla" sign (it is on a man's handkerchief) that Ed responded to at Lisbon II.
    I would never get close enough to the stage to throw. Got a crappy 10c number.

I don't really know how many shirts - guess I'd count those of us who have been posting faithfully since last April - seems like it's been about 10 - 15 of us?

The trick is getting someone who can screen the design onto the shirts - that's the key. I don't know anyone in the business but I'll start asking around. We could probably use some iron on strips on the back of your handkerchief and attach it to one of the shirts.

What I did in Kissimmee is get the guys a couple rows in front of me to throw something on stage for me. I was in row 3 but felt better having a guy make the throw. :)

If you've got shirts - I'll start getting serious about trying to find somebody to print them. And gotta get tybird's woodpecker recommendation....

Way cool, thanks!!

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    Gardenlover gets the first one since he started this thing.....

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

6600 posts.........tonight??? Neat-o!!!!
  • Please play somewhere...but PJ and grits would be very, very nice. :D
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
    Please play somewhere...but PJ and grits would be very, very nice. :D
    I say, put some cheese in those grits, and you got some real good eating, my friend. :)

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    Anybody know where the "tree planters" list is? I have a name to add to it and am having trouble finding it. If anybody does know where it is....the 10C member's name is "tigereye".
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    play texas already
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

6600 posts!!!!
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    edited July 2012
    Please Go Down South

CANT WAIT

Pearl Jam

Southern Shows.............

Post edited by Fahka on
  • AndurilAnduril Posts: 56
    PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH
    I am the end of all your dreams...
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    dangerboy wrote:
    unofficial sticky

i'm as giddy as a schoolgirl

You are not alone. The waiting has driven us all............umm.......whats the word Im looking for here. Oh, never mind. Im sure it will come to me.

~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~

in 07
    Brian
  • EbizzieEbizzie Posts: 240
    Soooo...I guess 2007 is out too unless they come down in the fall time. Guess it's time to go ahead and stop renewing my ten club membership being it obviously isn't good for the biggest selling point they offer, prime seating.
    "Worse than traitors in arms are the men who pretend loyalty to the flag, feast and fatten on the misfortunes of the nation while patriotic blood is crimsoning the plains." -- Abraham Lincoln
  • this pisses me off!!!! please play the south soon!!!!!! I was so sure they were going to announce southern dates. looks like it's all for not!!!!!!
  • i renew my membership in may. if nothing happens in the south within the next year of my membership, i'm through with the ten club. the shunning of the south is just getting pretty blatant now.
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    pleeeeeeeeeese pj.. come to jupiter!...~

:)
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• i renew my membership in may. if nothing happens in the south within the next year of my membership, i'm through with the ten club. the shunning of the south is just getting pretty blatant now.

A bit shitty alright.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    6600 plus posts.We are tooo BIG to be ignored.I hope no one is losing faith. I think a Spring tour in going to happen.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • AngusAngus Posts: 376
    I really hope for you guys that they come. Seriously. We know what a long wait is and it isn't fun.
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    They usally do some warm up dates.RIGHT?What better place then the south to warm up from the Seattle winter.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012