***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• It's been a while since I petitioned on behalf of the Southern Belle contingent...

Please play the South...

Did I mention that we're all great cooks in addition to being quite lovely to behold?

Come on down, ya'll!
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    daystar143 wrote:
    It's been a while since I petitioned on behalf of the Southern Belle contingent...

Please play the South...

Did I mention that we're all great cooks in addition to being quite lovely to behold?

Come on down, ya'll!
    It's true.......it's true, I say

Trees Rock & Roll

Please won't you play the South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Call this my "damn it, work blocks message boards so I have to do this stuff on MY time" bump.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
    Let's call it a "this much closer to 3800 posts in this thread" bump

Trees, trees, trees...........all I see is freshly planted trees

Please come see us folks down South, real soon.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    unofficial sticky bump for all the fresh names in the last couple of pages!! woohoo

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    dangerboy wrote:
    unofficial sticky bump for all the fresh names in the last couple of pages!! woohoo
    I second that bump

Trees, beautiful trees

The South.......Please tour there soon
    Movin this info to the last page for all to see.....

This little movement seems to have grown some legs of its own....

The *** Official Plant a Tree, Play the South*** petition has been merged with this thread.

Im going to keep posting this until we get lots more people on board.

We are hoping to get the attention of the band and do something great for the enviroment at the same time. What we would like to do is plant as many trees as possible in order to offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism) of PJ'S tour when they come southward (and I know they will!)

Below are some suggested links to foundations that will plant trees for small donations. They will even send you a certificate indicating that the trees have been planted and where they were planted. For as little as 10 bucks, only half the cost of your 10c membership, you can get 10 trees planted in honor of PJ's Southern Tour leg in 2007.

My 10 trees are planted and they should be photosynthesising as we speak. Once my certificate arrives, it will be forwarded to the 10c.

Folks, its entirely possible, with a little help we could get litterally thousands of trees planted with this little "Southern Homegrown Movement".

The steps are simple:

1) Pick a foundation from the links below (or any other that you like), or just visit your local home improvement
    megastore.

2) Purchase your trees. (stealing your neighbor's trees and re-planting them is NOT recommended :D.)

3) Have your certificate, if applicable, filled out to indicate that these trees were planted in honor of Pearl Jam's Southern US Tour in 2007.

Or, if you plant a tree at your house, just snap a picture.

4) Send your certificate, printed email receipt or photo to the 10c at the below address.

** SNAIL MAIL IS THE OPTIMAL ATTENTION GETTING METHOD.**
    on the outside of your envelope please write:
    "Trees for Pearl Jam Movement"

It's that easy!

Let's really get the band's attention in a positive way instead of just bitchin and moaning!:)

Re-Forestation Links:

http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm

http://www.americanforeststore.org/

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/

And the 10c address to mail in that certificate or photo:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE OFFERED A BOATLOAD OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS AND HELPFUL LINKS AND THANKS FOR BEING ALL AROUND COOL PEOPLE! :D

LET'S MAKE THIS WORK! GO PLANT A TREE!

Trying to keep this on every page.............
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Just to bump it back to the top bump!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Come to the south
    Walking is still honest
    Please visit the South on a professional trip in the near future.

Thank you for your attention

BTW, Plant some trees..........they rock
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    plant a tree for pearl jam .....

(omg i want a shirt that says that!)

oh yes... i think we should have a fund raiser, sell shirts that say that, and that will fund a southern tour :D

whos with me?

*petitions again*
  • Don't forget your trees!!!!!!

i planted a tree (or trees or other vegetation) to offset my carbon footprint while travelling to see pearl jam play the south, and am sending proof to the ten club in the form of a certificate of gift planting or photo of my planting

barkingdogs
    dangerboy
    behindtheeyes
    BeBe
    Riverrunner
    weenie
    mauichick
    SPALMA
    pathorses
    pickupyourwill
    solat1973
    makingwaves
    NCBRI

keep the list going, i mean "growing" unofficial sticky bump

please use the quote function, add your name to the list, and repost!
    We're all different behind the eyes.

You are U, who you are.
  • Please come to the south
    tybird wrote:
    Please visit the South on a professional trip in the near future.

Thank you for your attention

BTW, Plant some trees..........they rock

that's good tax advice...it's a business trip! write it off!!

unofficial sly southern sticky bump

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Don't forget your trees!!!!!!

i planted a tree (or trees or other vegetation) to offset my carbon footprint while travelling to see pearl jam play the south, and am sending proof to the ten club in the form of a certificate of gift planting or photo of my planting

barkingdogs
    dangerboy
    behindtheeyes
    BeBe
    Riverrunner
    weenie
    mauichick
    SPALMA
    pathorses
    pickupyourwill
    solat1973
    makingwaves
    NCBRI
    dollpartz

Plant A Tree for the PJ 2007 Southern States Tour!! http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm
    **see the Official Petition for the South thread**
    bump to the top
  • Please play somewhere in Texas!
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    furteman wrote:
    Please play somewhere in Texas!

Yay! Another vote for TEXAS!!

Play the rest of the south too!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    Dollpartz wrote:
    Don't forget your trees!!!!!!

barkingdogs
    dangerboy
    behindtheeyes
    BeBe
    Riverrunner
    weenie
    mauichick
    SPALMA
    pathorses
    pickupyourwill
    solat1973
    makingwaves
    NCBRI
    dollpartz

Plant A Tree for the PJ 2007 Southern States Tour!! http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm
    **see the Official Petition for the South thread**

Way to go! Let's keep it up and please play the South.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    bump up the page, it was slipping. One more closer to 3800

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    dangerboy wrote:

very true. If you are a guest and want to see PJ in the South register and let us hear you. Oh yeah, and plant some trees too.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    goodnite bump
    Movin this info to the last page for all to see.....

This little movement seems to have grown some legs of its own....

The *** Official Plant a Tree, Play the South*** petition has been merged with this thread.

Im going to keep posting this until we get lots more people on board.

We are hoping to get the attention of the band and do something great for the enviroment at the same time. What we would like to do is plant as many trees as possible in order to offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism) of PJ'S tour when they come southward (and I know they will!)

Below are some suggested links to foundations that will plant trees for small donations. They will even send you a certificate indicating that the trees have been planted and where they were planted. For as little as 10 bucks, only half the cost of your 10c membership, you can get 10 trees planted in honor of PJ's Southern Tour leg in 2007.

My 10 trees are planted and they should be photosynthesising as we speak. Once my certificate arrives, it will be forwarded to the 10c.

Folks, its entirely possible, with a little help we could get litterally thousands of trees planted with this little "Southern Homegrown Movement".

The steps are simple:

1) Pick a foundation from the links below (or any other that you like), or just visit your local home improvement
    megastore.

2) Purchase your trees. (stealing your neighbor's trees and re-planting them is NOT recommended .)

3) Have your certificate, if applicable, filled out to indicate that these trees were planted in honor of Pearl Jam's Southern US Tour in 2007.

Or, if you plant a tree at your house, just snap a picture.

4) Send your certificate, printed email receipt or photo to the 10c at the below address.

** SNAIL MAIL IS THE OPTIMAL ATTENTION GETTING METHOD.**
    on the outside of your envelope please write:
    "Trees for Pearl Jam Movement"

It's that easy!

Let's really get the band's attention in a positive way instead of just bitchin and moaning!

Re-Forestation Links:

http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm

http://www.americanforeststore.org/

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/

And the 10c address to mail in that certificate or photo:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE OFFERED A BOATLOAD OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS AND HELPFUL LINKS AND THANKS FOR BEING ALL AROUND COOL PEOPLE!

LET'S MAKE THIS WORK! GO PLANT A TREE!
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Planting a tree in Florida! Please play the south!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P

barkingdogs
    dangerboy
    behindtheeyes
    BeBe
    Riverrunner
    weenie
    mauichick
    SPALMA
    pathorses
    pickupyourwill
    solat1973
    makingwaves
    NCBRI
    dollpartz
    holleroxx

Here's hoping that Barkingdogs did not get banned for his activities on the MT bump

Trees rock on

Play the South, howabout it, please
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    dangerboy wrote:

barkingdogs
    dangerboy
    behindtheeyes
    BeBe
    Riverrunner
    weenie
    mauichick
    SPALMA
    pathorses
    pickupyourwill
    solat1973
    makingwaves
    NCBRI
    dollpartz
    holleroxx

please play the south
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    holleroxx wrote:
    please play the south
    A simple sentence that means so much.......

Plant some trees, offset some CO2, support Pearl Jam

Please make it this way soon.........
  • RodrigoDuRodrigoDu Posts: 140
    im still hoping!
    Please Play the SOUTH PJ!
    "The ocean's made me, but who came up with love?"

D.C. '00
    West Palm Beach '03
    Tampa '03
    Philadelphia '03
    Albany '03
    Mexico City 1,2,3 '03
    Pittsburgh '06
    Cincinnati '06
    NYC 2 '10
    Costa Rica '11
    Mexico City '15
    Dana Point '21
    Chicago 2 '24
    Close to 3800 posts, but not there yet........

Trees, Trees....glorius Trees

Please PLAY the South