***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D: :D: :D

HOW BOUT THAT PACK....OHH BAAABY!

PLANT A TREE SEE PJ! :d

That was a big win for us!!!!! It helps when you have a quarterback who can complete a pass. 1st place baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, PLAY RALEIGH!!!
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    therover wrote:
    That was a big win for us!!!!! It helps when you have a quarterback who can complete a pass. 1st place baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, PLAY RALEIGH!!!

i've got pix of me with his daddy when johnny was our qb back when i was a little kid...weird to be cheering for his kid now....

unofficial sticky chuck's 4-3 against fsu bump

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • RodrigoDuRodrigoDu Posts: 140
    Play NC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PJ: PLEASE Play the SOUTH!!! PLEASE!!!!
    "The ocean's made me, but who came up with love?"

D.C. '00
    West Palm Beach '03
    Tampa '03
    Philadelphia '03
    Albany '03
    Mexico City 1,2,3 '03
    Pittsburgh '06
    Cincinnati '06
    NYC 2 '10
    Costa Rica '11
    Mexico City '15
    Dana Point '21
    Chicago 2 '24
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Still waiting........
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    We are climbing up the page now.
    Just curious as to how many states are being represented in here?
    Alabama here.

South Carolina here!

Hope all you guys in NC are OK. Just heard about some kind of chemical explosion?? Hope you're all good....
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Good morning my fellow Southerners and Pearl Jam fans.........hope all is well.

Trees....they do the Earth some good

Pearl Jam...playing the South would do us some good.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    tybird wrote:
    We won't deduct points this time......;)

Trees=the earth's lungs

Tour below the Mason-Dixon Line, Please........and soon.

See how nice people are down here!
    Please come play the South.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    See how nice people are down here!
    Please come play the South.
    I say, I say....I try to be the perfect gentleman

We Love Trees

We Love Pearl Jam
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    Congrats Wolfpack fans.
    What a game.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Please play the South and keep up the good work with the trees.
    This will be a good weekend. We will hit 3900 today and by Monday let's be at 4000!

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • pathorses wrote:
    South Carolina here!

Hope all you guys in NC are OK. Just heard about some kind of chemical explosion?? Hope you're all good....
    Pat

Yeah, big hazardous materials waste storage faciility caught fire not long after the big football win last night...15,000 plus people in Apex, NC got evacuated (whew, worked as medic there until last year, glad I missed this one!) Fire still burning this am....

anyhooo....Tybird, Dangerboy, Weenie...keep the tree post up front this weekend...back to virginia for 20 yr HS reunion...wooo hooo..gonna be a big time.

so, gotta bump it for :

-- A HUGE WOLFPACK WIN!
    -- CHUCK "THE CHEST" AMATO
    -- A QUICK END TO THE CHEMICAL FIRE AND THE SAFETY OF ALL MY FIREFIGHTER AND PARAMEDIC BROTHERS (AND SISTERS)
    AND OF COURSE TREES, TREES AND MORE TREES SO THAT PJ WILL COME SOUTH SOON !

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BOYS AND GIRLS....THE DOG WILL BE BARKING FROM A FOREST IN VIRGINIA THIS WEEKEND!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

This little movement seems to have grown some legs of its own....

The *** Official Plant a Tree, Play the South*** petition has been merged with this thread.

Im going to keep posting this until we get lots more people on board.

We are hoping to get the attention of the band and do something great for the enviroment at the same time. What we would like to do is plant as many trees as possible in order to offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism) of PJ'S tour when they come southward (and I know they will!)

Below are some suggested links to foundations that will plant trees for small donations. They will even send you a certificate indicating that the trees have been planted and where they were planted. For as little as 10 bucks, only half the cost of your 10c membership, you can get 10 trees planted in honor of PJ's Southern Tour leg in 2007.

My 10 trees are planted and they should be photosynthesising as we speak. Once my certificate arrives, it will be forwarded to the 10c.

Folks, its entirely possible, with a little help we could get litterally thousands of trees planted with this little "Southern Homegrown Movement".

The steps are simple:

1) Pick a foundation from the links below (or any other that you like), or just visit your local home improvement
    megastore.

2) Purchase your trees. (stealing your neighbor's trees and re-planting them is NOT recommended :D.)

3) Have your certificate, if applicable, filled out to indicate that these trees were planted in honor of Pearl Jam's Southern US Tour in 2007.

Or, if you plant a tree at your house, just snap a picture.

4) Send your certificate, printed email receipt or photo to the 10c at the below address.

** SNAIL MAIL IS THE OPTIMAL ATTENTION GETTING METHOD.**
    on the outside of your envelope please write:
    "Trees for Pearl Jam Movement"

It's that easy!

Let's really get the band's attention in a positive way instead of just bitchin and moaning!:)

Re-Forestation Links:

http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm

http://www.americanforeststore.org/

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/

And the 10c address to mail in that certificate or photo:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE OFFERED A BOATLOAD OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS AND HELPFUL LINKS AND THANKS FOR BEING ALL AROUND COOL PEOPLE! :D

LET'S MAKE THIS WORK! GO PLANT A TREE!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

Hey......that's in Makingwaves' neck of the woods.

Woods=trees=what we are planting to offset CO2 in a hope that.....

Pearl Jam will please tour the South
    tybird wrote:
    I will do what I can.........after class this afternoon, my invert zoology class leaves for Dauphin Island for a field trip.........I will be out of pocket until Saturday night at least.

Hey......that's in Makingwaves' neck of the woods.

Woods=trees=what we are planting to offset CO2 in a hope that.....

Pearl Jam will please tour the South

Yes it is. The bird sanctuary down there has a great trail. Check it out if you have a chance.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Yes it is. The bird sanctuary down there has a great trail. Check it out if you have a chance.
    Checked it out when I was on Dauphin Island for the Spring Alabama Ornithological Society meeting..........I will be with a group this time, and the birds will have to take a backseat to the invertebrates.

Trees..........we all need them

Pearl Jam could really rock the South....if they wanted to.
    tybird wrote:
    Checked it out when I was on Dauphin Island for the Spring Alabama Ornithological Society meeting..........I will be with a group this time, and the birds will have to take a backseat to the invertebrates.

Trees..........we all need them

Pearl Jam could really rock the South....if they wanted to.

Sounds like a nice field trip. Now if we can just get PJ to play the South.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • I don't think it is the red state blue state thing, but the fact that last time they played Alabama, it should have 85 degrees and wound up being 35 degrees. Eddie even mentioned how that was about the coldest show he had ever played, in Alabama of all places! Anyway, to the two posters previous from Mobile and Redmont, AL. I live on Dauphin Island and teach at the Sea Lab. What school's invert class are you taking? I came down with plant ecology at Auburn, and for two summers for my BS in Marine Biology and now I work at the lab. Always interested in knowing Pearl Jam fans. Take care everyone and Pearl Jam please play the south!!! By the way, Dauphin Island Street department has recently planted all least 50 live oaks and an equal number of bottle brush trees along the median to hopefully take the place of the numbers of slash pines that were killed by Katrina. It is pretty amazing in Gulfport and Biloxi the only things standing are the hundred year old live oaks after the storm! I thought Pearl Jam would be one of the first to definitely play to the south after the storm to raise money for all the people on the coast in Dauphin Island, Bayou La Batre, Grand Bay, Pascagoula, Ocean Springs, Biloxi, Gulfport, Bay St. Louis, Long Beach, Pass Christian, and New Orleans (if I left you out sorry!)!
    Greg
    ggraeber wrote:
    I don't think it is the red state blue state thing, but the fact that last time they played Alabama, it should have 85 degrees and wound up being 35 degrees. Eddie even mentioned how that was about the coldest show he had ever played, in Alabama of all places! Anyway, to the two posters previous from Mobile and Redmont, AL. I live on Dauphin Island and teach at the Sea Lab. What school's invert class are you taking? I came down with plant ecology at Auburn, and for two summers for my BS in Marine Biology and now I work at the lab. Always interested in knowing Pearl Jam fans. Take care everyone and Pearl Jam please play the south!!! By the way, Dauphin Island Street department has recently planted all least 50 live oaks and an equal number of bottle brush trees along the median to hopefully take the place of the numbers of slash pines that were killed by Katrina. It is pretty amazing in Gulfport and Biloxi the only things standing are the hundred year old live oaks after the storm! I thought Pearl Jam would be one of the first to definitely play to the south after the storm to raise money for all the people on the coast in Dauphin Island, Bayou La Batre, Grand Bay, Pascagoula, Ocean Springs, Biloxi, Gulfport, Bay St. Louis, Long Beach, Pass Christian, and New Orleans (if I left you out sorry!)!
    Greg

Greg,
    I am an old (literally, as in age) student at Birmingham-Southern College. My class, once again I am student, will be spending the night tonight at the sea lab. Dr. Andy Gannon is our teacher, and we will be taking a pelagic trip in the morning. We are leaving Birmingham around 3:15 this afternoon. BTW, Redmont Park is actually only a neighborhood in Birmingham.

I hope to see some interesting invertebrates, but I would love to see some pelagic birds that I could add to my life list.

Ty

Trees are sprouting up everywhere.......thanks guys and gals

Pearl Jam......we would love to see ya soon.
    ggraeber wrote:
    I don't think it is the red state blue state thing, but the fact that last time they played Alabama, it should have 85 degrees and wound up being 35 degrees. Eddie even mentioned how that was about the coldest show he had ever played, in Alabama of all places! Anyway, to the two posters previous from Mobile and Redmont, AL. I live on Dauphin Island and teach at the Sea Lab. What school's invert class are you taking? I came down with plant ecology at Auburn, and for two summers for my BS in Marine Biology and now I work at the lab. Always interested in knowing Pearl Jam fans. Take care everyone and Pearl Jam please play the south!!! By the way, Dauphin Island Street department has recently planted all least 50 live oaks and an equal number of bottle brush trees along the median to hopefully take the place of the numbers of slash pines that were killed by Katrina. It is pretty amazing in Gulfport and Biloxi the only things standing are the hundred year old live oaks after the storm! I thought Pearl Jam would be one of the first to definitely play to the south after the storm to raise money for all the people on the coast in Dauphin Island, Bayou La Batre, Grand Bay, Pascagoula, Ocean Springs, Biloxi, Gulfport, Bay St. Louis, Long Beach, Pass Christian, and New Orleans (if I left you out sorry!)!
    Greg

Pearl Jam fans everywhere!
    My wife and I make it down to Dauphin Island every once in a while to take the dogs on a trail and let them run around. I really enjoy the Island. It is just another great thing about living in the South.

I agree. I thought PJ would be down in New Orleans by now and maybe they still will. I would just love to hear an announcement.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    The South really is a great place to visit, Pearl Jam

Come see all of our trees......

Please, we could really use the boost.
    Things seemed to have slowed down.........so, it's a back to back bump for ya

Trees are important

Pearl Jam is also important to their Southern fans........show us some love, please.
    Movin this info to the last page for all to see.....

This little movement seems to have grown some legs of its own....

The *** Official Plant a Tree, Play the South*** petition has been merged with this thread.

Im going to keep posting this until we get lots more people on board.

We are hoping to get the attention of the band and do something great for the enviroment at the same time. What we would like to do is plant as many trees as possible in order to offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism) of PJ'S tour when they come southward (and I know they will!)

Below are some suggested links to foundations that will plant trees for small donations. They will even send you a certificate indicating that the trees have been planted and where they were planted. For as little as 10 bucks, only half the cost of your 10c membership, you can get 10 trees planted in honor of PJ's Southern Tour leg in 2007.

My 10 trees are planted and they should be photosynthesising as we speak. Once my certificate arrives, it will be forwarded to the 10c.

Folks, its entirely possible, with a little help we could get litterally thousands of trees planted with this little "Southern Homegrown Movement".

The steps are simple:

1) Pick a foundation from the links below (or any other that you like), or just visit your local home improvement
    megastore.

2) Purchase your trees. (stealing your neighbor's trees and re-planting them is NOT recommended .)

3) Have your certificate, if applicable, filled out to indicate that these trees were planted in honor of Pearl Jam's Southern US Tour in 2007.

Or, if you plant a tree at your house, just snap a picture.

4) Send your certificate, printed email receipt or photo to the 10c at the below address.

** SNAIL MAIL IS THE OPTIMAL ATTENTION GETTING METHOD.**
    on the outside of your envelope please write:
    "Trees for Pearl Jam Movement"

It's that easy!

Let's really get the band's attention in a positive way instead of just bitchin and moaning!

Re-Forestation Links:

http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm

http://www.americanforeststore.org/

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/

And the 10c address to mail in that certificate or photo:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE OFFERED A BOATLOAD OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS AND HELPFUL LINKS AND THANKS FOR BEING ALL AROUND COOL PEOPLE!

LET'S MAKE THIS WORK! GO PLANT A TREE!
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Friday night, gonna go see a Doors tribute band in Orlando, and now I have a knee to toe cast/brace on so I don't have be designated driver and can party BUMP :)

Oh, please play the South (and yes, I stood thru the whole Kissimme show on crutches)
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    sliped to page 2 bump.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    Friday night play the South bump!!!!!!!
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    i planted a tree (or trees or other vegetation) to offset my carbon footprint while travelling to see pearl jam play the south, and am sending proof to the ten club in the form of a certificate of gift planting or photo of my planting

barkingdogs
    dangerboy
    behindtheeyes
    BeBe
    Riverrunner
    weenie
    mauichick
    SPALMA
    pathorses
    pickupyourwill
    solat1973
    makingwaves
    NCBRI
    dollpartz
    holleroxx

keep the list going, i mean "growing" unofficial sticky bump

please use the quote function, add your name to the list, and repost!

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Congrats Pack fans. At least that's good news for one college football team in the triangle. Amazing what you can do when you have a QB! The best news for my Heels is that a week from tonight basketball practice begins.
    Brian
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Bump because The South loves PJ.

Bump for Trees and the planting of said Trees.

Bump for the first page.
    Brian
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Bump for the fact that Florida is finally starting to cool down. What a great time to have an evening concert. Come to the south! PLEASE!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P