***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    dangerboy wrote:
    well, i bought trees for monarchs through the american forest store link...the description said a certificate was included, but it never gave me a chance to enter any info about it. i just figured they would send the cert to the billing address, and i would just forward it....but they got my money on 9/21, and still haven't seen it yet.

I did the Arbor Day site and it was really straightforward as far as giving me the opportunity to have the certificate sent elsewhere and even adding a message. And, like I said, I got the confirmation pretty quick. They really had it together as far as ease and speed of ordering go. I've recommended it to anybody asking me about doing the trees thing. Sorry your experience hasn't been as smooth.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    weenie wrote:
    I did the Arbor Day site and it was really straightforward as far as giving me the opportunity to have the certificate sent elsewhere and even adding a message. And, like I said, I got the confirmation pretty quick. They really had it together as far as ease and speed of ordering go. I've recommended it to anybody asking me about doing the trees thing. Sorry your experience hasn't been as smooth.

well, if something doesn't happen in the next few days, i'm going to get one your route...

unofficial sticky "hell, 10 more trees couldn't hurt" bump

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Let's keep posting updates on the donations work in regards to addressing our cause.....I am still undecided on whom to offer a donation.

Trees, we could always stand to have a few more

Come on down........we really are nice people.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    I went with Arborday. As it was not cool to plant them locally - I am having faith that they are legit and my money is going for the good.

But am still continuing in other ways - have implemented some more environmental preserving actions at my business (costs much!) to start with. and i must admit - I never would have allocated that money if it weren't for PearlJam making me think about it.

So they should play in the south.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    SPALMA wrote:
    I went with Arborday. As it was not cool to plant them locally - I am having faith that they are legit and my money is going for the good.

But am still continuing in other ways - have implemented some more environmental preserving actions at my business (costs much!) to start with. and i must admit - I never would have allocated that money if it weren't for PearlJam making me think about it.

So they should play in the south.
    Hey Pearl Jam.......just think of the changes that you be the genesis for....if you actually came down here.

There is unrest in the forest, there is trouble with the trees....so help them!

Pearl Jam concerts in the South would be a wonderous thing to behold.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    back to back bump, baby!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D
  • Movin this info to the last page for all to see.....

This little movement seems to have grown some legs of its own....

The *** Official Plant a Tree, Play the South*** petition has been merged with this thread.

Im going to keep posting this until we get lots more people on board.

We are hoping to get the attention of the band and do something great for the enviroment at the same time. What we would like to do is plant as many trees as possible in order to offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism) of PJ'S tour when they come southward (and I know they will!)

Below are some suggested links to foundations that will plant trees for small donations. They will even send you a certificate indicating that the trees have been planted and where they were planted. For as little as 10 bucks, only half the cost of your 10c membership, you can get 10 trees planted in honor of PJ's Southern Tour leg in 2007.

My 10 trees are planted and they should be photosynthesising as we speak. Once my certificate arrives, it will be forwarded to the 10c.

Folks, its entirely possible, with a little help we could get litterally thousands of trees planted with this little "Southern Homegrown Movement".

The steps are simple:

1) Pick a foundation from the links below (or any other that you like), or just visit your local home improvement
    megastore.

2) Purchase your trees. (stealing your neighbor's trees and re-planting them is NOT recommended :D.)

3) Have your certificate, if applicable, filled out to indicate that these trees were planted in honor of Pearl Jam's Southern US Tour in 2007.

Or, if you plant a tree at your house, just snap a picture.

4) Send your certificate, printed email receipt or photo to the 10c at the below address.

** SNAIL MAIL IS THE OPTIMAL ATTENTION GETTING METHOD.**
    on the outside of your envelope please write:
    "Trees for Pearl Jam Movement"

It's that easy!

Let's really get the band's attention in a positive way instead of just bitchin and moaning!:)

Re-Forestation Links:

http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm

http://www.americanforeststore.org/

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/

And the 10c address to mail in that certificate or photo:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE OFFERED A BOATLOAD OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS AND HELPFUL LINKS AND THANKS FOR BEING ALL AROUND COOL PEOPLE! :D

LET'S MAKE THIS WORK! GO PLANT A TREE!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

And Trees....

And Pj In The South!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

GOOOOO WOLFPACK!

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers
    A Lorax bump.....

For the trees, I speak for the trees

Please consider the possibility of staging some shows in the South
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Good nite bump
    Welcome onboard the bump train!!!

Trees am good

Pearl Jam in the South am better
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    intodeep wrote:
    I was thinking the last live pj song i heard was baba o riley in asheville 04. It was great

Great show and an incredible closer that night. Definately one of my Top PJ concert moments. The boys do such a good job covering Baba.

Once again, The South Loves PJ and we remain Faithfull. Come on down whenever you can (hopefully more sooner than later) and we'll leave the light on.
    Brian
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    [[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y TREES
    [[[[[[[[[
    Brian
    Still faithful after all these posts..........

Trees Trees Trees Trees Trees plant them

The South the South the south please play it.
  • Wooolfff!

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

How Bout That Pack!

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • theyre shoving down FSU's throat right now...just hope state aint the one to choke!

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PAAAAACCCCKKKKKK!
    :D:D:D:D:D

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

The South....where more trees are appearing every day

The South.....where we want Pearl Jam to tour, please.
  • I Love My Wolfpack!

Went To State...they Got Enough Of My $$...was One Of Those Budweiser 6 Yr Plans!

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

STOMPING SOME 'NOLES ASS......GOD I LOVE IT!

MAKES MY FURR TINGLE!

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

STOMPING SOME 'NOLES ASS......GOD I LOVE IT!

MAKES MY FURR TINGLE!
    You do seem a little bit excited.......hope the Pack pulls it out for 'ya.

A little seed becomes a mighty tree....a little effort can turn into great gains

We miss you, Pearl Jam. The South
  • :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D: :D: :D

HOW BOUT THAT PACK....OHH BAAABY!

PLANT A TREE SEE PJ! :d

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

Trees so that the Wolf Pack has a place to roam??

The South.........come visit the Wolf Pack, Pearl Jam