Options

nine inch nails

Comments

• Options
    mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    First NIN concert Aug 27th in funky smelling Jersey.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• Options
    Going to see them for the first time ever tomorrow night in Worcester. Anyone have any info on how the shows have been so far this tour?
    Just saw em at lolla, and going tomorrow too...Trent was sick as hell, and they still rocked. You'll be blown away.
  • Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    Just saw em at lolla, and going tomorrow too...Trent was sick as hell, and they still rocked. You'll be blown away.

Was it mostly Year Zero/Slip stuff or did they mix it up?
  • Options
    Was it mostly Year Zero/Slip stuff or did they mix it up?
    I heard stuff from every album...I'm sure the setlist is posted somewhere out there. Ones I remember:

Terrible Lie
    Wish
    Gave Up
    Big Come Down
    Closer
    Hurt
    Discipline
    something from Ghosts
    In This Twilight
    Survivalism
  • Options
    DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    I'm going tomorrow as well. The setlists have been very heavy on stuff from The Slip and Year Zero. He plays 3 in a row from Ghosts in the middle of the show as well.

I won't spoil it any further, but you can read the setlists at a forum called Echoing The Sound.

The light show is supposedly epic on this tour.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    I got a bootleg from the first night of the Lights In the Sky tour at Key Arena in Seattle and its amazing. I cant wait for Worcester tomorrow night!!!
    5/24/06 Boston, 6/28/08 & 6/30/08 Mansfield
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    i saw em at lolla too! great taste of what a full length, solo show of theirs would be like! i was blown away! trent even said he was sick but i couldnt tell AT ALL! i dont think anything could top the atmosphere and energy of a festival though... you dont get that kindof violence, and i certainly wouldnt get that great of a spot (dead center, 20 yards away) at a regular NIN show... so i probably wont see them again on this tour... though im tempted to make the trip to detroit... i was blown away by does it offend you, yeah? at lolla too and i believe they are opening for NIN at a few of the shows on this tour... thatd be a great tag team duo
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    I went to the Toronto show on tuesday, absolutely blown away. Without a doubt the greatest lighting/use of video screens I've ever seen. If you saw them on the With Teeth tour this blows that away by a mile. Including instrumental songs there were 31 songs played on tuesday night.
    Shows Attended:
    10/05/00 Toronto, 09/13/05 Hamilton, 09/19/05 Toronto,
    05/09/06 Toronto, 05/10/06 Toronto, 08/12/08 Toronto EV,
    08/13/08 Toronto EV, 08/21/09 Toronto, 05/10/10 Buffalo
  • Options
    Dohhh...show is cancelled tonight. Anyone know if we still have to pick up tickets at will call today?
  • Options
    I have the worst/best luck with NIN, only other time i saw them was Amherst MA on the With Teeth tour and that show was postponed a week due to illness. I make trent sick! lol but in the long run it will probably be better cause I know he was pissed having to reschedule the Amherst show and played on of the best concerts I've ever seen that night with a lot of rare or cooler stuff. Plus I have bronchitis right now so this will give me time to recover too and not have to go to the show feeling miserable haha
    5/24/06 Boston, 6/28/08 & 6/30/08 Mansfield
  • Options
    in the long run it will probably be better cause I know he was pissed having to reschedule the Amherst show and played on of the best concerts I've ever seen that night with a lot of rare or cooler stuff.
    Exactly what I'm thinkin'....should be a KILLER show.
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I will be seeing NIN for the first time in St. Louis on 8/20/08. Don't really know what to expect, but can't wait.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Note from Trent concerning Worcester show:

Hey everyone -
    Just want to personally say how sorry I am to have to do this. I never take postponing a show lightly and if there were any possible way I could pull this off I would. This is a very frustrating and maddening situation for me and I appreciate your understanding. I'll make it up to you.
    Thanks
    TR
    The show has been rescheduled for Nov 9 which is a Sunday. I'm thinkin' we'll all have an easy drive in, and get a phenomenal show :)
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Saturnal wrote:
    Note from Trent concerning Worcester show:

Hey everyone -
    Just want to personally say how sorry I am to have to do this. I never take postponing a show lightly and if there were any possible way I could pull this off I would. This is a very frustrating and maddening situation for me and I appreciate your understanding. I'll make it up to you.
    Thanks
    TR
    The show has been rescheduled for Nov 9 which is a Sunday. I'm thinkin' we'll all have an easy drive in, and get a phenomenal show :)
    i heard he took the night off to do a private corporate jeans party ;)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    He was hoarse when he was speaking at Lolla - you couldn't tell during the songs, but when he talked to us you could tell, and at Toronto toward the end of the show his voice sounded more hoarse. I wonder if just a day or two off here and there is enough. If and when you get to see NIN on the Lights over North America tour you will be amazed, I guarantee that. Thankfully I still have Philly ahead.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    JaneNY wrote:
    I wonder if just a day or two off here and there is enough.

I know how bad I feel when I get throat infections, even getting out of bed hurts, I can't imagine trying to perform a show as intense as NIN's live show is when feeling like that.
  • Options
    Went to the makeup Worcester show last night. WOW what a show. They were awesome. Between the setlist and light show, plus he had really good energy, it was almost flawless. Only song I would have liked to have heard was Happiness in Slavery.
  • Options
    ^^^ I am jealous of you getting to Worcester, and seeing Peter Murphy do Reptile with Trent!

(I did go to Manchester, Ottawa and Montreal in the last week so I shouldn't complain).

Fan Club tickets for NIN are very cool - your name is printed on them, and you pick them up similarly to 10 Club.
  • Options
    mhmmm Worcester rocked...one of the best concerts I've ever seen. The whole Ghosts sequence leading into Piggy is particularly fantastic.

Ol' Rez is not QUITE the performer he once was, but he still puts everything he has into the show...and he still hammers ya with an honest word.

Good stuff :)
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I'm going to see NIN tonight - the first time in like 14 years!
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I'm going to see NIN tonight - the first time in like 14 years!

Come back here tomorrow and tell us how amazed you were!
  • Options
    Than give you anything?
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    Come back here tomorrow and tell us how amazed you were!

Wow, what a great show! To be honest I haven't ben a huge fan over the years - nothing against the music - but just one of those things where you don't get into a band. That said it was an awesome show. I love how different each song looked on stage. They'd go from a huge black empty stage and just rock out, to very cool visuals/lights. They had some really cool things going on I can't describe, but I'm just sitting there thinking "wow". Every beat, note, seemed to be times perfectly. Josh was great! The show for the most part was very heavy, which I didn't mind at all. The heavy guitars sounded amazing. One of the best sounding concerts no doubt.

Trent thanked the fans and mentioned how happy he was not to be a part of a label and all the bullshit.

Gotta run, but yea a great show! Even if you're not a huge NIN fan you can't go wrong with paying $60 to them them live..
  • Options
    RedLukin I was at the show lastnight too. My first NIN show I was blown away. Where were ya sitting? i was in sec 112 row 4
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    Hey Canucklehead, I was at the NIN show too and I was in section 121. I too was very impressed. Like RedLukin, it was the first time I had seen NIN in 14 years. I wonder if RedLukin was at the 1994 Barrie show too. The band is flawless on stage, every sound on the album comes through and every beat is amazing. I know the first song they played had the same drum beat as Last Exit and I thought of the thread that appeared on here about that.

Did anyone else notice the light technician rocking out to every song they played as he did his thing. That was cool. Their light show is hard to top. I liked the Ghosts break-down as well. Hurt was pretty cool to hear, I thought perhaps they stopped playing that song live. I would have liked to hear Sin though.

Definitly glad I picked up a ticket for that show and will see them again if they come around again
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    123, row 13...great seats. In some ways I wish I was farther back and more centre, as some of the effects probably looked better from back there. I can't complain though - it was fun seeing Josh's drumming and seeing Trent and the others smash their equipment repeatedly!

Also the mosh pit view from where I was was insane - during the first song I swear the front rail was gonna break..

Edit: yea Molson Park with Soundgarden around 94' - NIN killed that show too! Soundgarden, well were okay I guess~~
  • Options
    I had a perfect view of the screens and all the effects being back where I was. Kinda behind the soundboard and to the right 4 rows off the floor. The tech that was rocking out was great lol. I definitely will go see NIN again, I dont think anything will top it.
  • Options
    finck sucks
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • Options
    Why you say Finck sucks? Cuz he left shitty GNR to play with a real band?
  • Options
    finck sucks
    no he doesn't. what is wrong with you?
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman