Options

nine inch nails

Comments

• Options
    Penny453Penny453 Posts: 200
    hahaha! I love it. :D
    yeah Trent is a genius.

I was finally able to get back into the spiral. I don't know what the fuck is going on in there, but everything looks so fucking weird!
    "And even when I'm right with you I'm so far away"
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 116
    just got home!

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

they were IMMENSE, completely MINDBLOWING, absolutely AMAZING

woooowowowowowww!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

immense.

Got to agree - that was some gig. As I said, like NIN but not obsessive over them but that will take some beating. As Trent said, crwod were a little quiet, but compared to Brand New a couple of weeks before when the crowd were far too cool for their own good, it was a riot!
  • Options
    has anyone got a link to the latest song found on the USB in manchester?? :)
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    13 days until I see them, after waiting 7 long years

9 days now :D See you then.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    So. Instead of a soundcheck for spiral members yesterday, we went into the Apollo, had all our phones and cameras taken off us, much to our confusion.

We were then led upstairs onto the balcony, and given free pizza's and drinks. We were sitting there quite happily eating away, when who should walk up behind us but Trent. He said something along the lines of "hey guys", and people slowly started to turn round and stare in disbelief. NO ONE knew what to do!

So he started saying that they had been letting spiral members listen to the soundcheck, but they were bored of that. So instead, he said they were going to let us hear the whole of year zero. There was applause, he left, and it was played through the sound system.

IT. WAS. AMAZING!

Best day ever!!
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    WOW!!!!!! Must have been awesome Dave!!! Can't wait for London!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    WOW!!!!!! Must have been awesome Dave!!! Can't wait for London!

Oh, it was amazing!
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

• Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    audiodave wrote:
    So. Instead of a soundcheck for spiral members yesterday, we went into the Apollo, had all our phones and cameras taken off us, much to our confusion.

We were then led upstairs onto the balcony, and given free pizza's and drinks. We were sitting there quite happily eating away, when who should walk up behind us but Trent. He said something along the lines of "hey guys", and people slowly started to turn round and stare in disbelief. NO ONE knew what to do!

So he started saying that they had been letting spiral members listen to the soundcheck, but they were bored of that. So instead, he said they were going to let us hear the whole of year zero. There was applause, he left, and it was played through the sound system.

IT. WAS. AMAZING!

Best day ever!!

You are so lucky!! I bet you were just floored. Did you hear the same songs that have been leaked, to appear to be in the same order as the tracklist on the year zero page? If so, did they sound the same as the leaked versions? (ie. like the swooshy noise at the end of My Violent Heart) Were you aware of the jump drive stuff going on? (I saw online that a drive had been found attached to a flyer on the front rail., or handed to someone at the rail - not sure which)

Thanks for writing and so glad you had an awesome time!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    You are so lucky!! I bet you were just floored. Did you hear the same songs that have been leaked, to appear to be in the same order as the tracklist on the year zero page? If so, did they sound the same as the leaked versions? (ie. like the swooshy noise at the end of My Violent Heart) Were you aware of the jump drive stuff going on? (I saw online that a drive had been found attached to a flyer on the front rail., or handed to someone at the rail - not sure which)

Thanks for writing and so glad you had an awesome time!

The songs were the same as the leaked versions. The white noise at the end of my violent heart did appear on the album, but not at the end of my violent heart, but the end of the song afterwards.

Also, the music for the video (it doesn't really sound like music) on the year zero site is the intro of one of the tracks aswell (only up to the point when the presence comes out of the sky).

I was unaware of the pen drive at the time, but my friend is at the show tonight and has overheard people talking about it. Someone on the front row found it attached to a flyer on the front rail and passed it on to someone else.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Options
    audiodave wrote:

IT. WAS. AMAZING!

Best day ever!!
    I'm sorry, but I hate you now.
  • Options
    Penny453 wrote:
    I'm sorry, but I hate you now.

I think I can live with that, having heard Year Zero. :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    so jealous of you spiralers that got in for the "pizza and listening party".

i keep reminding myself that i got to go to cabazon and a lot of people didnt.

cannot wait for another US tour. love love love the new songs. especially ITT and MVH!!
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    I think I can live with that, having heard Year Zero. :D

you're lucky you're so far away right now. :p
  • Options
    Only 8 days 'til my fun of 4 at Brixton.
    BRING. IT. ON!

Nice to hear of some on here getting into the M&G's. Coll.
    I got mine on the first Brixton show in 2005. :)

They've been playing WITT at some of the Euro shows, so I'm hoping to HELL that I'm gonna here that at least once on those 4 night.
    PLLLLEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSEEEE!
    7387 // "I'll ride the wave where it takes me..." // 28-02-92 / Astoria 06-92 Cancelled / 14-07-93 / 29-10-96 / 30-05-00 / 20-04-06 / 27-08-06 / 18-06-07 / 18-08-09 / 25-06-10
  • Options
    Lisa81Lisa81 Posts: 132
    Going to see them in Brum on Monday, and can't wait coz they never turned up the last time I went to see them!!!
    www.flickr.com/photos/ljrw
  • Options
    gregmac666 wrote:
    Only 8 days 'til my fun of 4 at Brixton.
    BRING. IT. ON!

Nice to hear of some on here getting into the M&G's. Coll.
    I got mine on the first Brixton show in 2005. :)

They've been playing WITT at some of the Euro shows, so I'm hoping to HELL that I'm gonna here that at least once on those 4 night.
    PLLLLEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSEEEE!

I know I was gutted I missed We're In This Together! It WILL be played in Birmingham. Please? There's a poll on the Birmingham thread on the spiral and We're In This Together is winning...see Trent...we love it...PLAY IT!!!
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Options
    I went to see them in Glasgow last night. It was amazing....

I've uploaded my photos from the gig here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/furbyx4/sets/72157594564195096/
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834

Wicked pictures there! Can't wait for Brixton next week, and I must concur with gregmac, WITT is top of the list of songs I wanna see.
  • Options
    larslars Posts: 524
    Did they play anything of year zero?
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • Options
    i'm pretty sure they played survivalism, from year zero, in glasgow :)
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • Options
    i'm pretty sure they played survivalism, from year zero, in glasgow :)

Yeah they did... Nothing else though...
  • Options
    Yeah they did... Nothing else though...

But you got We're In This Together. That's enough!
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Options
    audiodave wrote:
    But you got We're In This Together. That's enough!

Yea, We're In This Together Now is one of my favorite NIN songs. I hope they start playing it more.
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912

GREAT pictures!!!

.....damn trent is hot....
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438

Nice set of pics - thanks for sharing! You got some good ones of Aaron - did he jump in on your head or were you spared?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    Nice set of pics - thanks for sharing! You got some good ones of Aaron - did he jump in on your head or were you spared?

No. He was actually more subdued. He did that in 2005...
  • Options
    No. He was actually more subdued. He did that in 2005...
    he came into the pit in 06 for piggy as well.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Thanks for sharing those pics Neil.. looks like you were right there up front! I'm seeing them on Wednesday and I can't wait!