Josh Homme goes mental and throws a bottle at a fan!

124»

Comments

• TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    JWBusher wrote:
    Josh is a stoner rock legend. He's not some prissy emo dude. He's the real deal. If you fuck with him, then expect to have your clock cleaned!
    You lost me at stoner....not impressed.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    bah, twas drunken drivel.
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    You lost me at stoner....not impressed.

Then go educate yourself.
    JWBusher wrote:
    Then go educate yourself.
    Educate myself on being a stoner rock god??
    :p
    No thanks.
    I am very well educated.
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    Educate myself on being a stoner rock god??
    :p
    No thanks.
    I am very well educated.

Educate yourself about QOTSA sweetie. I doubt you've even heard one of their fucking albums.
  • JWBusher wrote:
    Educate yourself about QOTSA sweetie. I doubt you've even heard one of their fucking albums.

Hey, come on, there's no need to be so blunt about it. QOTSA obviously aren't gonna be to everyone's taste.

But Trixie, I'd recommend you take a look at some actual interviews with Josh. He can be absolutely hilarious without being too offensive, and he's actually really, really passionate about music. Everyone has their bad days, but don't judge them solely based on those days. :)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    JWBusher wrote:
    How old are you?
    I love PJ because they are an awesome band.
    I don't care for Josh's music.
    I am more about the Butthole Surfers, the Ramones, Stiff Little Fingers, All, Danzig, etc.
    Thanks for calling me sweetie, though. It has been a while...it feels nice.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I think rushing the stage and throwing shit are two completly different things.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Vitalogy7Vitalogy7 Posts: 75
    JWBusher wrote:
    Josh is a stoner rock legend. He's not some prissy emo dude. He's the real deal. If you fuck with him, then expect to have your clock cleaned!

Obviously you're a huge queens of the stone age/kyuss fan... so wouldn't your opinion be biased anyway. I mean.. i like both of his bands, but that wouldn't make me suck up to him.
    Just the way he went about it was incredibly stupid.. blabbing out every possible curse word/expression known to man. That "apology" or whatever he posted is also ridiculous.
    "Up here so high the sky I scrape,
    I'm so high I hold just one breath here within my chest,
    Just like innocence."
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Sorry, but that guy is everything i HATE about lead singers. Isnt this why we all love PJ? Sure eddie makes fun of a fan, but he doesnt curs a mile a minute.

Stone must be feeling like shit for interviewing that dousche right about now.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    QOTSA's best shit all has mark lanegan on lead vocals anyway :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    I am more about the Butthole Surfers

Pre or post ministry phase.:)
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,854
    sgossard3 wrote:
    QOTSA's best shit all has mark lanegan on lead vocals anyway :D

but Lanegan sings lead on only like 5 or 6 songs though. I like his vocals on Lullaby and Hanging Tree...but I can leave the rest.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Sorry, but that guy is everything i HATE about lead singers. Isnt this why we all love PJ? Sure eddie makes fun of a fan, but he doesnt curs a mile a minute.

Well since they are all friends, they are probably in a better position to be making a character judgement than you, or anyone else here for that matter.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,854

Stone is the guy who put out Homme's first album back in 1998 on "Loosegroove records"....so you're probably wrong.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • eMMI wrote:
    ok, I have no sound (and at work so can't really focus on the vid) so what did this guy do? :o

apparently he threw something at josh homme...I think the word "fuck" is said about 400 times in the video
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    I don't think anyone comes out of this looking too great, Josh shouldn't have made such a scene about it, he should've just got security to shift that guys arse outta there, but then is there anything worse at a concert than some dick throwing stuff? I fucking hate that.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    His name is Josh? haha haha bahahahahahha
  • KannKann Posts: 1,146
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I have seen him push some kid off the stage and say "It's my fucking stage", I have seen him throw something at a kid, Yell at the crowd and call them jerks and pussies....etc.
    Classy.....
    Actually Homme, and Qotsa in general, are really cool with their fans. When they tour, not only do they do a lot of dates, they also regularly throw free shows in between shows at unusual places (record stores...). I don't think they do that just to have the opportunity to insult people.
    And if you watch/hear a few qotsa boots before going to a show you learn one thing : homme really hates getting things throwed on him - I can't say the kid didn't earn the rant (I'm a bit disappointed by the bottle throwing though).
    And Qotsa really really kicks ass live, it had to be said.
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Here is his response:

http://stereogum.com/archives/josh-homme-i-am-not-a-homophobe_010562.html

Member of the Peanut Gallery:
    Some journalists & citizens on the internet & are wondering: Q? Am I a homophobe because I included a slang for gay in with other "acceptable" curse words during a verbal lashing I gave a young concertgoer, after being hit by his shoe, during a show the other day? A= Nope. My gay family & friends, as well as myself, KNOW I am not a homophobe. For years now I've known gay is not a choice; one's skin color doesn't determine one's intelligence level; & red hair doesn't mean you're someone's stepchild. You see, it's not the words, it's their intent. I never said, nor suggested, that being gay is wrong, but apparently, based on your outrage to my flu-infused rant, you do! By that logic... I also told that young whipper snapper I'd have anal sex with him... how can I possibly reconcile these opposing viewpoints? I called him a pussy too. Does it mean I hate our one worlds' collective vagina? I never have been nor intend to be politically correct. That's your cross to bear. To me, that PC world would suck more shit than the porta-potty truck at Glastonbury. Homophobic? I'm in Queens of the Stone Age for crissake... You say, "So. Your band name doesn't prove anything." Maybe not. But it's a helluv a lot more definitive than the logic of some watchdog... (sorry canine-American, canine-European, canine-African, canine-Australian & canine-Asian) moralist, keeping score from pure perfectionville? If your glass house is squeegeed that clean & you need to do something, do what the great philosopher Bill Hick's once suggested: - forgive me-. Or don't. I'm not asking for either, OK? I think you should let both of your cheeks go loose so the stick will drop out. Either way I expect that you'll soon find another injustice from your chair, then roll to your bullhorn & point it out to the rest of us... Because you're so above it all. Or If you'll allow me to translate a wish of mine into your PC lingo:
    Will you please go have, consensual, sex with yourself.
    Pretty please with all natural, carbon offset sugar on top.

Sincerely,
    Mr. Missundastood
    A.K.A. Joshua, Baby Duck, Jho
    Head Choreographer & Do Stuff Corporation's pansexual spokes-thing
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    Is he a Mr. Show fan? That pansexual spokesthing is from that Globochem sketch...
  • moyboymoyboy Posts: 131
    Duder5k wrote:
    Is he a Mr. Show fan? That pansexual spokesthing is from that Globochem sketch...

yes he is