Josh Homme goes mental and throws a bottle at a fan!

Comments

• i dont get why its funny. he gets mad someone threw something at him, so he throws something at them? obviously he doesnt have anything against throwing things, what a db.

what is funny is the kid stands up to his challenge and josh doesnt live what to his words. he sure can talk big about fighting, then he needs guards to hold the kid so he can throw something.

what a man.

do you have any idea how HUGE homme is? do you know what he would have done to that kid?
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    mole1985 wrote:
    So?

What about people who say 'Jesus Christ!' is that affending people from other religions by excluding their gods or christianity for using his name as a curse word?

When you say 'Bastard' are you taking a pop at every illigitimate child in the world? No? didn't think so...
    I don't say bastard.
    If I am talking about a guy I call him a f"ing di*k. Which is basically just describing what it does. :p
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I don't say bastard.
    If I am talking about a guy I call him a f"ing di*k. Which is basically just describing what it does. :p

Touche :D
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Yes we are all human. I made a mistake last night actually.
    And unless Josh is gay, which I don't think he is, than this is not to be compared to black people referring to each other as nigger.

You missed the point, the point was that a word doesn't have to carry the same meaning - sometimes slang is slang.
    TrixieCat wrote:
    The fact that he came out and basically told everyone to fuck off if they didn't like what he said just confirms his status in my mind: loser.
    Why did he choose the word faggot? Because he thought the kid was being a pussy, like he said.
    We could go back over this a million times. I just think it was gay of him to do that. ;)

Well he's clearly a man of principle, and I kind of admire that in a person. And more to the point, we have gotten to the bottom of the main question, does Josh Homme hate gay people or think that their sexual orientation is wrong? The answer is no.
  • AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Yes we are all human. I made a mistake last night actually.
    And unless Josh is gay, which I don't think he is, than this is not to be compared to black people referring to each other as nigger.
    The fact that he came out and basically told everyone to fuck off if they didn't like what he said just confirms his status in my mind: loser.
    Why did he choose the word faggot? Because he thought the kid was being a pussy, like he said.
    We could go back over this a million times. I just think it was gay of him to do that. ;)

whaaat? the fact that he told everyone to fuck off is because someone came to his show and threw something at him. people do that shit all the time to him cause they know thats how he reacts. people WANT him to do that shit. i've had the pleasure of hanging out with Mr. Homme before and he's pretty much one of the nicest guys. he was so accomidating and fun and he just wants to have a good time.. so yea someone was ruining it for the rest of them and he wanted to degrade them. its his show.. he calls the shots. in terms of language.. well we all aren't so PC all the time now are we..

bottom line.. i love my Josh.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    Here's a response from Josh:

"Member of the Peanut Gallery:

Some journalists & citizens on the internet & are wondering: Q? Am I a homophobe because I included a slang for gay in with other "acceptable" curse words during a verbal lashing I gave a young concertgoer, after being hit by his shoe, during a show the other day? A= Nope. My gay family & friends, as well as myself, KNOW I am not a homophobe. For years now I've known gay is not a choice; one's skin color doesn't determine one's intelligence level; & red hair doesn't mean you're someone's stepchild. You see, it's not the words, it's their intent. I never said, nor suggested, that being gay is wrong, but apparently, based on your outrage to my flu-infused rant, you do! By that logic… I also told that young whipper snapper I'd have anal sex with him… how can I possibly reconcile these opposing viewpoints? I called him a pussy too. Does it mean I hate our one worlds' collective vagina? I never have been nor intend to be politically correct. That's your cross to bear. To me, that PC world would suck more shit than the porta-potty truck at Glastonbury. Homophobic? I'm in Queens of the Stone Age for crissake… You say, "So. Your band name doesn't prove anything." Maybe not. But it's a helluv a lot more definitive than the logic of some watchdog… (sorry canine-American, canine-European, canine-African, canine-Australian & canine-Asian) moralist, keeping score from pure perfectionville? If your glass house is squeegeed that clean & you need to do something, do what the great philosopher Bill Hick's once suggested: — forgive me–. Or don't. I'm not asking for either, OK? I think you should let both of your cheeks go loose so the stick will drop out. Either way I expect that you'll soon find another injustice from your chair, then roll to your bullhorn & point it out to the rest of us… Because you're so above it all. Or If you'll allow me to translate a wish of mine into your PC lingo:
    Will you please go have, consensual, sex with yourself.
    Pretty please with all natural, carbon offset sugar on top.

Sincerely,
    Mr. Missundastood
    A.K.A. Joshua, Baby Duck, Jho
    Head Choreographer & Do Stuff Corporation's pansexual spokes-thing"

that. was. awesome. i was hanging on every word. HHHAAA
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
    You missed the point, the point was that a word doesn't have to carry the same meaning - sometimes slang is slang.

Well he's clearly a man of principle, and I kind of admire that in a person. And more to the point, we have gotten to the bottom of the main question, does Josh Homme hate gay people or think that their sexual orientation is wrong? The answer is no.
    He is a man of principle? lol
    Because he called out some little kid and then had the security guards hold him while he threw something at him.
    lol
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Because he called out some little kid and then had the security guards hold him while he threw something at him.
    lol

If you watch the video, it is quite clear that he didn't have the security guards do anything, it's not like he was communicating with them. I don't think anybody actually realised what was going to happen. And yeah actually I do think he's a man of principle, because he isn't afraid to stick a middle finger up at pretentious, holier-than-thou, self-righteous bastards who should probably hop down of their high horse every once in a while.
  • If you watch the video, it is quite clear that he didn't have the security guards do anything, it's not like he was communicating with them. I don't think anybody actually realised what was going to happen. And yeah actually I do think he's a man of principle, because he isn't afraid to stick a middle finger up at pretentious, holier-than-thou, self-righteous bastards who should probably hop down of their high horse every once in a while.

:eek: You called them bastards...

;)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    If you watch the video, it is quite clear that he didn't have the security guards do anything, it's not like he was communicating with them. I don't think anybody actually realised what was going to happen. And yeah actually I do think he's a man of principle, because he isn't afraid to stick a middle finger up at pretentious, holier-than-thou, self-righteous bastards who should probably hop down of their high horse every once in a while.
    I watched the video.
    He threw something at the kid when the security guards had him.
  • AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309

amen brother! these people work their ass off to make people happy.. they tour, they get 102 fevers and still perform.. they go the distance to make us happy as fans. so when your reward is a shoe being thrown at you.. ya i would have some choice words too. i mean seriously if you busted your ass to be there that night and make people happy and someone threw a shoe at you...
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    TrixieCat wrote:
    lol

Woah, woah, woah.................. That's English for stop a horse. Break it up people or it's gonna end in tears :D
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I watched the video.
    He threw something at the kid when the security guards had him.

They don't have him pinned there, they're holding him in the same way as any security guards would hold someone if they had just come over the barrier, they were walking him off as the bottle (or whatever it was) was thrown, in fact it was probably the kid's shoe that he has just thrown at Homme.
    They don't have him pinned there, they're holding him in the same way as any security guards would hold someone if they had just come over the barrier, they were walking him off as the bottle (or whatever it was) was thrown, in fact it was probably the kid's shoe that he has just thrown at Homme.
    lol..they were holding him. They weren't saying "walk that way son".
    I am through with this convo...obviously I am not into the tough guy thing...it actually makes me ill.
    And you were the one that titled the thread Josh goes "mental". :p
    TrixieCat wrote:
    lol..they were holding him. They weren't saying "walk that way son".
    I am through with this convo...obviously I am not into the tough guy thing...it actually makes me ill.
    And you were the one that titled the thread Josh goes "mental". :p

Oh yeah, but then I think it was funny too, and don't think it's in any way as big a deal as some people seem to. I'm not in the least bit a 'tough guy' either, but I also think if someone is that fucking rude and disrespectful that they would throw something at someone while they are trying to play, that they deserve everything they get, and absolutely deserve to be humiliated.

I think the guys from Billy Talent got it right when commenting on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhx64vIAdtk&feature=related
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I once used a derogatory term about a specific race when dealing with a particular asshole and it wasn't because I'm a racist. It was because I really wanted this guy to take a swing at me. It worked. Probably not the best method but I got the reaction I was looking for...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    eyedclaar wrote:
    I once used a derogatory term about a specific race when dealing with a particular asshole and it wasn't because I'm a racist. It was because I really wanted this guy to take a swing at me. It worked. Probably not the best method but I got the reaction I was looking for...
    So I am assuming you called him a nigger just to piss him off???? :rolleyes:
    Where is mookie when I need him.
    I used to think you were very funny...but that was a bit rude, dont you think?
    Ok, so I did some research on this Josh Homme guy...didn't know he existed until a friend of mine on here told me about his band....what a dupa. lol
    I have seen him push some kid off the stage and say "It's my fucking stage", I have seen him throw something at a kid, Yell at the crowd and call them jerks and pussies....etc.
    Classy.....
    TrixieCat wrote:
    So I am assuming you called him a nigger just to piss him off???? :rolleyes:
    Where is mookie when I need him.
    I used to think you were very funny...but that was a bit rude, dont you think?
    Ok, so I did some research on this Josh Homme guy...didn't know he existed until a friend of mine on here told me about his band....what a dupa. lol
    I have seen him push some kid off the stage and say "It's my fucking stage", I have seen him throw something at a kid, Yell at the crowd and call them jerks and pussies....etc.
    Classy.....

Well, you are assuming wrong, but close enough and yes it was rude, but I had just eaten the last elbow on the basketball court that I was going to that day... I suppose I could have just laid him out without saying a word.

Oh, and I'm still funny, but I wasn't that day.

eyedclaar wrote:
    Well, you are assuming wrong, but close enough and yes it was rude, but I had just eaten the last elbow on the basketball court that I was going to that day... I suppose I could have just laid him out without saying a word.

Oh, and I'm still funny, but I wasn't that day.
    White men can't jump my friend. :p
    TrixieCat wrote:
    White men can't jump my friend. :p

Thankfully I got my hops from my cherokee blood. I could dunk... once upon a time.

• TrixieCat wrote:
    Classy.....

You've obviously never heard of or seen footage of the fucking Who. Get over it.
  • Vitalogy7Vitalogy7 Posts: 75
    JWBusher wrote:
    You've obviously never heard of or seen footage of the fucking Who. Get over it.

Doesn't change the fact that Josh Homme is clearly a douche.
    "Up here so high the sky I scrape,
    I'm so high I hold just one breath here within my chest,
    Just like innocence."
  • Vitalogy7 wrote:
    Doesn't change the fact that Josh Homme is clearly a douche.

Based on what? The 3 youtube clips you've seen? Get real.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    This is how it's done:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BHkZedG-He8

All he did was take a photo! -Notice the big security guy following Axl off of the stage-
    JWBusher wrote:
    Don't tell me what to do. lol
    I have been a fan of the Who since I was a little girl...when Keith was still alive....I have an older brother.
    What the hell does that have to do with this?? lol
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    Don't tell me what to do. lol
    I have been a fan of the Who since I was a little girl...when Keith was still alive....I have an older brother.
    What the hell does that have to do with this?? lol

Pete Thownsend has kicked people off the stage by hitting them in the head with his guitar, yelled "get off my fucking stage", cursed out the audience, told them all to fuck off, etc...and nobody questions it when Pete does it. But when somebody does it from a band you don't like, or have possibly never heard, then he's a "jerk". It's called hypocrisy.
    JWBusher wrote:
    Pete Thownsend has kicked people off the stage by hitting them in the head with his guitar, yelled "get off my fucking stage", cursed out the audience, told them all to fuck off, etc...and nobody questions it when Pete does it. But when somebody does it from a band you don't like, or have possibly never heard, then he's a "jerk". It's called hypocrisy.
    Ooh..nice edit....
    Putting this dude in the same sentence as Pete is pretty ridiculous in itself.
    But listen....I really am not all that invested in either side...it was a self righteous act on Hommes part...but again, I really am not here to get into a fight about it.
  • It could have been worse. He could have fucked with Keith Richards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyK0y02HvVc
    JWBusher wrote:
    It could have been worse. He could have fucked with Keith Richards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyK0y02HvVc
    haha!
    :p
    I guess I am old skool.
    I am one of those people that is cool with admitting I am wrong or overreacting...
    So I guess I shouldn't judge that dude...but the way it was being presented here...like, Oh Yeah for Josh!!! He is my hero!
    I guess it struck a wrong chord with me...he just seemed like a brat.
    But I get what you are saying.
    At least Keith kept it short and sweet. :)
  • Josh is a stoner rock legend. He's not some prissy emo dude. He's the real deal. If you fuck with him, then expect to have your clock cleaned!