The new Incubus album...

1235»

Comments

• MCGMCG Posts: 780
    bharQ wrote:
    Pearl Jam is a perfect example of a band that has changed but still write interesting songs.. they aren't BETTER necessarily then the old stuff but they are still interesting and rock live...

Dito Radiohead, I don't think there has ever been an album that divided a fan base more successfully than Kid A.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    i just saw that Brendan O'Brien produced their new cd, no wonder its a good album
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    dig fucking RULES.
    kiss to send us off is great
    OIL AND WATER is wondrous.

i think it is my fav album of theirs behin morning view. seeing them tomorrow on the opening night of the tour .HELL YEAH!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • I can't wait to see what kind of setlist they have this time around/what other cool things they'll be doing this tour.... shiiiit... I can't wait for January 26th and 27th. Damn!
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • light grenades blows......its def. their worst album........their way too emo nowadays.......they should get back to their roots(fungus,science etc.....) thats when they rocked
    "oh please........
    let it ran today
    this city is so filthy
    like my mind in ways....."
    light grenades blows......its def. their worst album........their way too emo nowadays.......they should get back to their roots(fungus,science etc.....) thats when they rocked

i disagree with you totally. i think it is you who is emo. but i do miss the turntables!

people who care, since this is the first show of the tour, i will post the setlist when i get back after the emo show tonight!

PEACE

BDP
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • ...I think.

For quite a while, I've found this album pretty bland. Listening to it now after leaving it, it's actually pretty good. Not great. Good.

I've decided that 'Light Grenades' to Incubus is what 'Pearl Jam' is to Pearl Jam: good, great in places, but unashamedly 'poppy' and commercial. It's their most commercial effort yet. And that's OK... I think.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    ... what 'Pearl Jam' is to Pearl Jam: good, great in places, but unashamedly 'poppy' and commercial. It's their most commercial effort yet. And that's OK... I think.

...Shame on you ;)

I like it when someone don't give a damn and say what he think...but I totally disagree with you...
    and everytime an "underground" or "Alternative" band as more success with one or two songs or even with an hole album some "critics" as to label them as commercial....
    It's ridiculous...
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    pjalive21 wrote:
    i would have to agree with you on this one...i saw them at the University of New Hampshire when i was working for a radio station up there at the time and i was not impressed with them live at all....well except for the drum solo that was sick

Wow. I completely disagree. I think they are a phenomenal live band. I'll be seeing them for the fourth time on Tuesday, and I am sure that won't be the last time.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    boroff89 wrote:
    Wow. I completely disagree. I think they are a phenomenal live band. I'll be seeing them for the fourth time on Tuesday, and I am sure that won't be the last time.

Well, I've seen Incubus three times live so far...they had 2 great shows, but the last one I attended in 2004 or 2005 kinda sucked...less energy from the band...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    boroff89 wrote:
    As I wrote before I saw them and they weren't bad but it wasn't mind blowing...Saw them on the morning view tour in Weeze(germany, bizarre festival, I miss you) and on the crow left of the murderer tour in Luxembourg..
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
    setlist from the first show of the tour:

quicksand
    kiss to send us off
    in order the following (yes i can only for certain remember the first two, i suck)
    nowhere fast
    stellar
    wish you were here
    blood on the ground
    redefine (slow version)
    megalomaniac
    talk show on mute
    sick sad little world
    dig
    anna molly
    rogues
    earth to bella I
    earth to bella II
    drive (acoustic)
    echo
  • luxpjamer wrote:
    ...Shame on you ;)

I like it when someone don't give a damn and say what he think...but I totally disagree with you...
    and everytime an "underground" or "Alternative" band as more success with one or two songs or even with an hole album some "critics" as to label them as commercial....
    It's ridiculous...

My problem has nothing to do with Incubus' success (we follow PJ who were once on top of the world commercially). I respect great, innovative music, whether 'underground' or not, and Pearl Jam are still playing that. Light Grenades, I'm sorry to say, I just found boring. I can only get halfway without getting frustrated and restless. I can listen to Avocado, however, repeatedly and enjoy it every time.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• setlist from the first show of the tour:

quicksand
    kiss to send us off
    in order the following (yes i can only for certain remember the first two, i suck)
    nowhere fast
    stellar
    wish you were here
    blood on the ground
    redefine (slow version)
    megalomaniac
    talk show on mute
    sick sad little world
    dig
    anna molly
    rogues
    earth to bella I
    earth to bella II
    drive (acoustic)
    echo

How horrid. The only Science song they do they make it slow? Fuck that. Fuck Incubus. I'm done with them.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    boroff89 wrote:

ive seen quite a few bands in my life and as far as a live act they arent the best but they arent the worst either...i will go see them again when i get a chance, im going to give it a second try on this tour and form another opinion who knows they may blow me away this time

as far as the new album tho, i think its some of their best overall work in years and i havent stopped listening to the album yet, much kudos to their latest effort on the album
  • pjalive21 wrote:
    ive seen quite a few bands in my life and as far as a live act they arent the best but they arent the worst either...i will go see them again when i get a chance, im going to give it a second try on this tour and form another opinion who knows they may blow me away this time

I'm confused about this, really. Have you seen the Morning View Sessions dvd? Although I've seen them live once in London, and it wasn't 'amazing', their playing on the Morning View Sessions was phenomenal - flawless really.

So are they inconsistent live, is that what we're saying? That's possible.

• It was a pretty good album...not as good as Morning View however some great tracks nonetheless!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    It's pretty good..I think I like it better then the last one.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    saw them last nite in SF and they were amazing! Did a lot off the new album and did an excellent job on PISTOLA. They have great energy and I WILL see them again next tour.........

Light Grenades has grown on me........sometimes the good ones take time....
  • love quicksand.......paper shoes prolly my favorite track off the new album.

could have done better than anna molly as their first single.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    This is definitley an album that grows on you.

I've had the CD for about 3-4 weeks now. I wasn't big on it at first but now I can't get it out of the CD player.
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Well, I have it on my mp3 player...I've listened to it a couple times (about 10x) and, honestly, I don't quite like it...the songs are too soft. I really miss the funny breaks which they had on previous cd...In the end I think this album misses some power. I almost fall asleep while listening.

Imo the Deftones made a much better album last year.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • parel jam wrote:
    Well, I have it on my mp3 player...I've listened to it a couple times (about 10x) and, honestly, I don't quite like it...the songs are too soft. I really miss the funny breaks which they had on previous cd...In the end I think this album misses some power. I almost fall asleep while listening.

Imo the Deftones made a much better album last year.

yes, that deftones record was one of their best!
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    I'm a huge fan! When and saw them last week in Seattle!

...but, not too excited about the new album....it's a little flat after the first 4 tracks...