The new Incubus album...

audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
edited January 2007 in Other Music
Light Grenades is very good.

If you look around a bit, you'll probably find it.

:)

If anyone is having trouble finding it, let me know.
~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Yeah, it's fucking awesome. After the first listen through, it was my second favorite (trailing behind Make Yourself) of their work. It could be first if I give it a lot more time.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • I tend to disagree. After my first listen, I think it is a distant last, with Anna Molly and Pendulous Threads being the only special songs. It is just too much of a soft rock emotional record to me. Dig and Love Hurts are definitely not what I want out of Incubus.
  • Sonic19Sonic19 Posts: 159
    Only listened to it once, but I like it a decent amount so far.
    Stay positive and love your life
    Hooray Florida shows
  • Dig is fucking gorgeous.
  • I'm not all that impressed with the album as a whole. I want to be, it's a shame. Hopefully it'll grow on me.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Just listened to a few more songs. As much as I've always really enjoyed Incubus' music, I wouldn't necessarily say it's truly moved me. However this new album has the hairs on the back of my neck standing up....and I've only listened to 4 songs so far.
  • audiodave wrote:

WHERE can i find it?? They played three of their new songs at their concert last week, fucking great!! "a kiss to send us off" to start the show with, what more can i say?! none of the songs they played (not even the slow´n romantic ones) had anything to do with soft rock or whatever you might call it! see them play "rogues" live, it´s like some little punk thing going on, lovin´it!
  • Leo86Leo86 Posts: 165
    I really liked morning view and a crow left of the murder, but i heard 'anna molly' and wasnt impressed. their last single 'make a move' was shit too, so im not expecting much from this album. id like to here it though.
    Dublin 23/08/06
    Wembley 18/06/07
  • So far I am liking it. I really like Crow and this reminds me of that. Good stuff
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Leo86 wrote:
    I really liked morning view and a crow left of the murder, but i heard 'anna molly' and wasnt impressed. their last single 'make a move' was shit too, so im not expecting much from this album. id like to here it though.

yeah, i wasnt really impressed with anna molly either. i also was let down by 'crowd left of the murder.' id like to hear this album, but i think ill wait and get my gf's take on it first.
  • Bremerton wrote:
    I tend to disagree. After my first listen, I think it is a distant last, with Anna Molly and Pendulous Threads being the only special songs. It is just too much of a soft rock emotional record to me. Dig and Love Hurts are definitely not what I want out of Incubus.

It sounds like 100% Incubus. There are some mid-tempo songs like Dig mixed in with some good rockers like Light Grenades and Pendulous Threads.

Great album.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • niallniall Posts: 244
    Yeah I listened to it a few times and I am not liking it. I think it may be a grower. I wasn't fond of the last album either if I am honest but I really liked morning view.
  • Incubus? New CD out? Got to check it out. I like their work. A lot.
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    audiodave wrote:

What kind of style is this album? Similar to Make Yourself or SCIENCE or Morning View?
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    As expected I hated it.. I listened to them in high school when science came out.. they were wicked then

I guess there is 1 alright song.. i don't mind the title track.. the rest is brandon boyd with no shirt on and a fan blowing glistning locks of hair in the wind
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    parel jam wrote:
    What kind of style is this album? Similar to Make Yourself or SCIENCE or Morning View?

None really. Just like all the other albums are different. It's a progerssion from ACLOTM.

Obviosly nowhere near as heavy as SCIENCE (for those of you who haven't realised it yet, and there are a LOT of you, Incubus is not going to make another record that sounds like SCIENCE, or any other of their albums), but not really much like morning view either. If you had to liken it to another album, it's most like ACLOTM, but still not much like it.

The only way to really decide is listen yourself. Unless you just like SCIENCE. Then don't bother.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

• Sonic19Sonic19 Posts: 159
    After a couple more listens, I think this album is a grower. Light Grenades (the song) is pretty damn awesome.
    Stay positive and love your life
    Hooray Florida shows
  • Sonic19 wrote:
    After a couple more listens, I think this album is a grower. Light Grenades (the song) is pretty damn awesome.

Agreed
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • anyone know how to get a password for presale tix?
  • im also interested in getting the presale p-word for the philly show at the e-factory. if no one wants to post it, can you PM me with it?
    2000 - 9/1 Camden
    2003 - 4/28 Philadelphia, 5/3 State College, 7/5 Camden
    2004 - 10/1 Reading
    2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia
    2006 - 5/20 Cleveland, 6/23 Pittsburgh
  • clemmys wrote:
    im also interested in getting the presale p-word for the philly show at the e-factory. if no one wants to post it, can you PM me with it?

You had to pre-order the CD on iTunes and then you got a special one time use only code.

Ill be trying on Saturday with you...
  • bharQ wrote:
    As expected I hated it.. I listened to them in high school when science came out.. they were wicked then

I guess there is 1 alright song.. i don't mind the title track.. the rest is brandon boyd with no shirt on and a fan blowing glistning locks of hair in the wind

Yeah maybe but dont go to the show then. Doesnt mean that you cant enjoy good mid-tempo rock while driving or at home. No its not 1997 Incubus but there are some real kick-ass songs on Light Grenades.
    Jammin909 wrote:
    Yeah maybe but dont go to the show then. Doesnt mean that you cant enjoy good mid-tempo rock while driving or at home. No its not 1997 Incubus but there are some real kick-ass songs on Light Grenades.

They have an entirely different fanbase than when I listened to them so I don't expect a lot of support but I really don't think the songs are that good. I am not expecting a hard album as soft seems to be their thing now.. but the songs themselves just aren't that great I don't find.

This thread would be a nightmare if it was 2001.. When Morning View came out they still had a ton of their old school fans expecting them to maybe do something original and crazy again.. I think most of those people.. myself included realize that battle has been lost to mediocrity.
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • so far i'm not overly impressed. dig is a good song, and the title track is decent as well. i'll have to give it a few listens. i didn't enjoy a crow left of the murder so this might not be my cup of tea either. if it were to sound like anything, i'd wish it were science or enjoy incubus. i think that's wishful thinking though. they were quite young back then.
    they say god makes problems just to see what you can stand ~ elliott smith
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    audiodave wrote:
    None really. Just like all the other albums are different. It's a progerssion from ACLOTM.

Obviosly nowhere near as heavy as SCIENCE (for those of you who haven't realised it yet, and there are a LOT of you, Incubus is not going to make another record that sounds like SCIENCE, or any other of their albums), but not really much like morning view either. If you had to liken it to another album, it's most like ACLOTM, but still not much like it.

The only way to really decide is listen yourself. Unless you just like SCIENCE. Then don't bother.

My point was that I do not like A crow left of the murder...Incubus worst album in my opinion...Morning View and Make Yourself are my favs...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    parel jam wrote:
    My point was that I do not like A crow left of the murder...Incubus worst album in my opinion...Morning View and Make Yourself are my favs...

I wasn't having a dig at you, just answering your question, which is a fair one.

It was just a general thing i was pointing out.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• FYI... I'm no saint... but I'm not one to 'steal' music...

thanks to a fellow jammer I am listening to this 'right now' :) but will buck up and purchase when it's released as well... and happily drop $ for show tix and merch :)

anyhow...

I'm going to savor this like my last meal :) I've been anticipating this release on the edge of my seat for some time and am very pleased so far... Don't tell anyone... but Incubus could actually be my favorite band *gasp* :p Well... let's say they certainly would slide into the #1 Slot if (Bacchus forbid) PJ fell off the map :p

Listening from the kitchen last night as I was cooking dinner... I heard the little 'puffs of breath' in A Kiss To Send Us Off'... and called in to Sennin...

'I already know I'm going to Love this one' :D

**wrong song... it's DIG... which I really DIG* :D
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Man what is it with Incubus and Deftones fans...?!?!

'It doesnt sound like SCIENCE/Adrenaline blah blah blah'

I for one am fuckin glad bands change their sound. So some of the songs are mellow...and?!
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
    Man what is it with Incubus and Deftones fans...?!?!

'It doesnt sound like SCIENCE/Adrenaline blah blah blah'

I for one am fuckin glad bands change their sound. So some of the songs are mellow...and?!

AND where is the fucking emotion and feeling in the songs? its just bland fucking music.. have you even listened to SCIENCE and Adrenaline?!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    Pearl Jam is a perfect example of a band that has changed but still write interesting songs.. they aren't BETTER necessarily then the old stuff but they are still interesting and rock live.. incubus and deftones just haven't done that. they are just writing music that they know will appeal to their always changing fan base of kids that just discovered them... I doubt there are many fans of science and adrenaline that have stuck around for these new albums.. whereas Pearl Jam have kept a huge amount of their fans because they aren't writing their music based on current trends
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!