clearly you have no shame jeanie. :D

Thought you knew that already catiefractious? :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    OH MY GOD PEOPLE!!

The cool dead guy from AC/DC is the legend BON SCOTT!!!

:rolleyes: cool dead guy????? Pffft!!!

BON SCOTT!!! That's BON SCOTT!!!

Are we clear? :)

It's called humour. Everyone knows who he is. Except people with taste. :p
  • Jeanie wrote:
    Fins if you can claim Jimi Hendrix, we can claim Livvy! :)

You can have her. But not until I've had her first. Maaaan, how many more times am I going to trot that line out, tonight? ;)

By the way, I'm Irish. My only way of claiming Jimi would be via Eire Apparent:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eire_Apparent
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    The Monkees rock. Here's the proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgNxuNaYHsk

Ah! :D Very funny fins! Thanks!!

And on the same youtube page Daydream Believer!!! :D

Rockin out to it now!! Ta!! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    You can have her. But not until I've had her first. Maaaan, how many more times am I going to trot that line out, tonight? ;)

By the way, I'm Irish. My only way of claiming Jimi would be via Eire Apparent:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eire_Apparent

hehe!! Well I believe she's between fellas at the moment! So go for it! :D

Oops!! Sorry!!! Seem to keep putting my foot in it!!! :o
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    It's called humour. Everyone knows who he is. Except people with taste. :p

I'm quite proud to be tasteless then!! Love Bon! He's the direct link to my bogun roots!! So I gotta pay homage! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    I'm quite proud to be tasteless then!! Love Bon! He's the direct link to my bogun roots!! So I gotta pay homage! :D

I'm a teasin' ya. :D
    I'm a teasin' ya. :D

Yeah, I know!! ;)

Thing is it's become unpopular to brag about one's love of AC/DC and their bogun roots here in Oz of recent years!!

I'm just saying, I'M OUT AND I'M PROUD!!!! :D

And as previously mentioned, I have no shame! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    1-19. The Beatles
    20. Led Zeppelin
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Jeanie wrote:
    Thought you knew that already catiefractious? :D

i did girlie. sometimes i need prompting though :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Jeanie wrote:
    Crowded House are Kiwi. :)

actually neil finn is a new zealander. the rest of the band were from australia. they were formed in melbourne. and have never considered themselves anything but aussie.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    Hmm top 20.

Well the top 5 pretty are pretty obvisous.

1. The Beatles.
    2. The Stones.
    3. Led Zeppelin.
    4. Pink Floyd.
    5. The Who.

Those 5 bands are 5 of the biggest bands in the world ever.

If your allowing solo artists, which most people seem to be then..

6. David Bowie
    7. Elton John

Obvisously has to be included.

Modern acts or acts still preforming i'd go with..

8. Iron Maiden.
    9. Duran Duran.
    10. Radiohead.
    11. Depeche Mode.

Acts that prehaps aren't quite of the legendary status of 1-5 but should make the list..

12. Queen.
    13. Genesis.
    14. The Kinks.
    15. Black Sabbath.
    16. The Smiths.
    17. The Clash.
    18. Madness.

That leaves 2 spots for wildcards, to which i'll give them to..

19. Kate Bush.
    20. The Stone Roses.

Sorry if i forgot anyone. Bands like Oasis, Blur, Deep Purple, The Hollies, The Sex Pistols & The Jam will probably make most peoples lists but not mine :P
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    LED fuckin ZEPPELIN

btw
    OASIS can/will suck my cock
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
    glasshouse wrote:
    ....btw
    OASIS can/will suck my cock

f*ck!! You're gutsy!! I wouldn't let those aggro vicious little bastards anywhere near my cock if I had one!! ;):D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    i did girlie. sometimes i need prompting though :D

**poke! poke!** :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    actually neil finn is a new zealander. the rest of the band were from australia. they were formed in melbourne. and have never considered themselves anything but aussie.

yeah, I know, :rolleyes: but as usual I couldn't remember if it was just Paul Hester that was the Aussie or if the other bloke was too. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    f*ck!! You're gutsy!! I wouldn't let those aggro vicious little bastards anywhere near my cock if I had one!! ;):D

yes, the force is strong with mine

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
    glasshouse wrote:
    yes, the force is strong with mine

Must be bloody teflon coated!!! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Must be bloody teflon coated!!! :D

no, but i'll take out their eyes if they try anything funky

glasshouse wrote:
    no, but i'll take out their eyes if they try anything funky

Love to be a fly on the wall for that!! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • IndianSummerIndianSummer Posts: 854
    i am surprised no one has Deep Purple in their list.
    I have faced it, A life wasted...

Take my hand, my child of love
    Come step inside my tears
    Swim the magic ocean,
    I've been crying all these years
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    we want what's ours jamie. :D

and how could i have forgotten nick cave and the bad seeds.

tis too early in the morning for me to be thinking.

I once saw Nick Cave and the bad seeds when they supported Nirvana at Reading in 1992, it was the longest 75 minutes of my life! I was rather fond though of a bunch of late 80's thrashers called Mortal Sin, I'm pretty sure they were Aussies. I don't seem to know any of the bands you listed, but what about Rose Tattoo? They were pretty good, weren't they? BTW, seeing as you like ac/dc, have you ever seen the old clip of 'can i sit next to you girl' with Dave Evans on vocals? It's on Youtube, if you haven't seen it you should check it out right away-it's hilarious (malcolm's hat is incredible),in fact I'll give you that line up- but maintain that when Bon joined they became a majority British band.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
    jamie uk wrote:
    I once saw Nick Cave and the bad seeds when they supported Nirvana at Reading in 1992, it was the longest 75 minutes of my life! I was rather fond though of a bunch of late 80's thrashers called Mortal Sin, I'm pretty sure they were Aussies. I don't seem to know any of the bands you listed, but what about Rose Tattoo? They were pretty good, weren't they? BTW, seeing as you like ac/dc, have you ever seen the old clip of 'can i sit next to you girl' with Dave Evans on vocals? It's on Youtube, if you haven't seen it you should check it out right away-it's hilarious (malcolm's hat is incredible),in fact I'll give you that line up- but maintain that when Bon joined they became a majority British band.

Well you're right about Nick Cave, it's sooo depressing you just wanna cut your wrists! :eek:
    Rose Tattoo are awesome and just supported Gun's n Roses when they came out. hmmmm or is it that they're gonna support them when the come out? Anyway, they're the support!

And considering that AC/DC didn't really break in England until Back In Black by which time Bon was dead, I really don't see how you can claim them. :p
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    Swervedriver
    The Smiths
    Radiohead
    Mogwai
    Teenage Fanclub
    Joy Division/New Order
    The Cure
    The Fall
    The Clash
    The Beatles
    The Stones
    The Who
    Pink Floyd
    Bowie
    The Jam
    The Police
    Blur
    Elvis Costello
    Cream
    The Stone Roses
    The Jesus And Mary Chain
    Echo And The Bunnymen
    The Small Faces
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
    Jeanie wrote:
    Well you're right about Nick Cave, it's sooo depressing you just wanna cut your wrists! :eek:
    Rose Tattoo are awesome and just supported Gun's n Roses when they came out. hmmmm or is it that they're gonna support them when the come out? Anyway, they're the support!

And considering that AC/DC didn't really break in England until Back In Black by which time Bon was dead, I really don't see how you can claim them. :p
    Didn't break England until Back in Black? Are you effin mental or what? London, England is where they launched their full on assault on the world-they only got together in Australia. Bon, Angus and Malcolm are all Scottish born and bred-may have lived in Oz for 10 years, but that's it. Crumbs even the Aussie bass player bailed in 1977 and was replaced by yet another brit-a Londoner this time. They're as british as tea and toast! And BTW, earlier on someone else was pretty harsh on Brian, the geordie guy who replaced the cool dead guy! Fair play his voice is shot now, but that 1st album he cut with ac/dc is amazing-play it again, right now-and if you don't dance your ass off I'll eat nowt but vegamite sandwiches for a week (i think that's marmite-isn't it?)
    I'm claiming them man, and that's it-and as someone said I should claim the easybeats then I'll effin have them as well-it was Angus and Mal's brother after all-just watch out I don't have Kylie also (I should be so lucky,lucky,lucky,lucky) she's spent the last twenty odd years here!
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    (EDIT: in hindsight, i'm not sure if a couple of these bands are British - oh well)

the Beatles
    Mojave 3
    Slowdive
    Doves
    Radiohead
    the Cure
    Ride
    Stereolab
    Spiritualized
    Spacemen 3
    the Jesus and Marychain
    Lush
    Primal Scream
    Cranes
    the Beta Band
    Mogwai
    the Stone Roses
    the Verve
    Oasis
    Adorable
    the Smiths
    the Clash
    My Bloody Valentine
    Joy Division
    Badly Drawn Boy
    Snow Patrol
    Editors
    Belle and Sebastian
    Bloc Party
    Charlatans UK
    Coldplay
    Damien Rice
    Depeche Mode
    Catherine Wheel
    Franz Ferdinand
    Happy Mondays
    Kate Bush
    Muse
    Lemon Jelly
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
    jamie uk wrote:
    Didn't break England until Back in Black? Are you effin mental or what? London, England is where they launched their full on assault on the world-they only got together in Australia. Bon, Angus and Malcolm are all Scottish born and bred-may have lived in Oz for 10 years, but that's it. Crumbs even the Aussie bass player bailed in 1977 and was replaced by yet another brit-a Londoner this time. They're as british as tea and toast! And BTW, earlier on someone else was pretty harsh on Brian, the geordie guy who replaced the cool dead guy! Fair play his voice is shot now, but that 1st album he cut with ac/dc is amazing-play it again, right now-and if you don't dance your ass off I'll eat nowt but vegamite sandwiches for a week (i think that's marmite-isn't it?)
    I'm claiming them man, and that's it-and as someone said I should claim the easybeats then I'll effin have them as well-it was Angus and Mal's brother after all-just watch out I don't have Kylie also (I should be so lucky,lucky,lucky,lucky) she's spent the last twenty odd years here!

Pfft!! :rolleyes: You can have Kylie! We didn't want her!! :p
    Explain to me the cultural impact of AC/DC on England? I mean lets face it Jamie, they did immigrate to get the f**k away from England and Scotland. Like most of us!! :D And Bon is buried here. :p
    You go on and enjoy your delusions dear! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Pfft!! :rolleyes: You can have Kylie! We didn't want her!! :p
    Explain to me the cultural impact of AC/DC on England? I mean lets face it Jamie, they did immigrate to get the fuck away from England and Scotland. Like most of us!! :D And Bon is buried here. :p
    You go on and enjoy your delusions dear! :)

Well, the wearing of school uniforms is pretty much compulsory (in schools anyway). Is that enough of a 'cultural impact' for you darling? And could you please refrain from using the eff word when you post at me, I hate it when girls swear. The facts are the facts sweetheart, ac/dc are loved here and always have been-we accepted them back into our british bosom and forgave their tresspasses,on the grounds that their mams and dads forced them to go because they were only 6 or 8 or something. Have you ever seen the live footage from Glasgow 1978? It's the show that is on the 'if you want blood...' album, and our home born heroes are decked out in their Scotland football strips, complete with tiny little, teeny, weeny, white 70's style footie shorts. How much more proof do you want shiela?
    Oh, and if you could arrange it with Kylie then I would appreciate it.
    Todd76 wrote:
    (EDIT: in hindsight, i'm not sure if a couple of these bands are British - oh well)

the Beatles
    Mojave 3
    Slowdive
    Doves
    Radiohead
    the Cure
    Ride
    Stereolab
    Spiritualized
    Spacemen 3
    the Jesus and Marychain
    Lush
    Primal Scream
    Cranes
    the Beta Band
    Mogwai
    the Stone Roses
    the Verve
    Oasis
    Adorable
    the Smiths
    the Clash
    My Bloody Valentine
    Joy Division
    Badly Drawn Boy
    Snow Patrol
    Editors
    Belle and Sebastian
    Bloc Party
    Charlatans UK
    Coldplay
    Damien Rice
    Depeche Mode
    Catherine Wheel
    Franz Ferdinand
    Happy Mondays
    Kate Bush
    Muse
    Lemon Jelly
    Crumbs, what a pissing list! It's supposed to be 20 great British bands-not 3 good ones, 35 shit ones and an Irish bloke (who is actually really fantastic-but deffo not British). Come on, you can do a lot better. Love, JUK
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    1. The beatles
    2 Ocean colour scene
    3 The Who
    4 Oasis
    5 Led Zeppelin
    6 Super Furry Animals
    7 Manic street Preachers
    8 The Small faces
    9 The Rolling Stones
    10 Arctic Monkeys