Do vocals completely ruin any bands for you?

124»

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    metallica

too bad

the guitarist is really good

but I cant listen to a note of the singer

worst ever IMHO
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Its not homophobia, its just that I picked out the easiest thing to make fun of him for.

and it was a brilliant demonstration of your lack of intelligence and creativity. let's face it... that was the kind of insult a drunk "townie" would use. can't escape your self-loathing dude... you're as much a redneck townie as any buckcherry fan.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    You do know that it was pjoasisrule that likes those bands and not me right??!

:) I was the one who called him on the homophobia.

yeah, did i quote you? i didnt mean to...
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Its not homophobia, its just that I picked out the easiest thing to make fun of him for.
    My vote for most paradoxical statement ever.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    I too can't stand Morrissey, he's such a pompous ass, he's the kind of guy you just want to punch square in the face.

But he is an amazing songwriter, you can't take that away from him.
  • I wanna kick myself for this but....Dinosaur Jr......

J's voice can be awesome on some songs but other ones it can get a bit annoying.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    My vote for most paradoxical statement ever.

No doubt. WTF.

"I'm not homophobic, I just like to make fun of fags". Fucking brilliant explanation.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I'm a little surprised nobody has mentioned the Stones. I can't stand Jagger's voice.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Metallica, definitely. That voice sounds so forced in all the wrong ways. Ugh.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    I'm a little surprised nobody has mentioned the Stones. I can't stand Jagger's voice.

Good call.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • Modest Mouse (they can still grow on me though)
    Kings Of Leon
    way too many metal bands to list
    I can take high pitched voices:
    The Smashing Pumpkins (never had to adjust to them as I grew up listening to them)
    The Mars Volta (didn't take long to get used to)
    Coheed and Cambria (took a very long time but finally did)
    Silversun Pickups
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009
  • suns22 wrote:
    Coheed and Cambria was the first band that popped into my head.

word. they played at whatever the last warped tour i went to was, i had never heard of them. they started playing, and the band sounded pretty awesome, then the dude opened his mouth, my god, i actually had to walk away to where i couldn't hear the crap

i'll probably get shit on for this one, but i can't stand jeff tweedy's voice
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    word. they played at whatever the last warped tour i went to was, i had never heard of them. they started playing, and the band sounded pretty awesome, then the dude opened his mouth, my god, i actually had to walk away to where i couldn't hear the crap

i'll probably get shit on for this one, but i can't stand jeff tweedy's
    voice

Your not the only one. I don't like Tweedy's voice either.
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    defo smashing pumpkins
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007