• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Matty Boy wrote:
    Filler

Breed
    Territorial Pissings
    Lounge Act
    Stay Away
    Something in The Way

Nirvana is the most overated band of the 90's, this album is the most overated album of the 90's, and Smells Like Teen Spirit is the most overated song of the 90's.

A bit odd how that filler still gets radio play where I live, its not even one of my favorite albums anymore but every single song on it is great.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    A bit odd how that filler still gets radio play where I live, its not even one of my favorite albums anymore but every single song on it is great.

I like Nirvana but they are completely overated. Oasis, now that's a fucking Rock N Roll band. I consider Definitely Maybe to be the best and most important album of the 90's. I'll take "Cigarettes and Alcohol" over "Smells Like Teen Spirit" any day.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Matty Boy wrote:
    I like Nirvana but they are completely overated. Oasis, now that's a fucking Rock N Roll band. I consider Definitely Maybe to be the best and most important album of the 90's. I'll take "Cigarettes and Alcohol" over "Smells Like Teen Spirit" any day.

i know someone you need to talk with. :)

i love both nirvana and oasis. but to say that definitely maybe is the best and most important album of the 90s is jus subjective.
    smells like teen spirit defined a generation. that can not be denied. whether or not you are a fan of the song, you have to give credit where it's due. and this is where it's due.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Based on what I know about your taste in music Bjork's not your cup of tea anyway. Do you like her other stuff already or is the new one pretty much your introduction?
    I don´t like tea at all. Debut is pretty good. Her best is Homogenic. It´s been a long time she´s made anything better than mediocre (besides pagan poetry of vespertine). After 10 hours of thrash metal it´s nice to hear a minutte of quite stuff....just to reload the batteries. RRRRRRaaaargh!!!
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • Arctic Monkeys (anything they have released)
    Radiohead - Ok Computer
    The Beatles - White Album
    The Smiths - Anything by them
    The Stone Roses
    The Strokes - Is This It
    Beck - OdelayThe Pixies - Dolittle
    The Clash - London Calling
    Love - Forever Changes
    Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin

By the way, I like about half of these artists but I just don't understand why critics and fans love these albums

Could you STFU please! I hate how everyone likes to piss on popular music that isn't pearl jam or anything chris cornell related. The White Album is possibly the second or third best Beatles album (thats saying a lot) , and I've been looking around and it seems that a lot of people have ill words for the Beatles. How could you insult the Beatles of all bands and say that you still enjoy music? Do you know how many bands have been ripping off the Beatles for the last forty years? So if you don't like the Beatles go screw. Same thing with OK Computer it has to be the second or third best Radiohead album behind the bends and HTTT (which too is saying alot), OK computer basically spawned that whole hybrid electro rock or at least it brought it to the masses.
    Now with the first strokes album which had to be the best album of that whole garage rock revival of 2002 (not after), it's a quick enjoyable listen, and the music translates phenomenally live. Now for London Calling, London Calling albeit isn't the best punk rock album ever produced but it showed range. The Clash could play reggae, ska, hard rock, punk, and rockabilly. The songs were political and relevant and thats why it is one of the best albums of all time, and thats why the Clash are one of the best bands ever.All the rest of the list I can give you because you're entitled to your opinion no matter how close minded it is, but the one album you included on your list that had no place there was the Soft Bulletin. Have you ever listened to early Flaming Lips? They were a talentless punk who wannabes, but starting with Zaireeka the band started with experimenting with their sound. I'll give you that Buggin' is a crappy song, but the instrumentals (sleeping on the roof and the observer) are phenomenal. The Soft Bulletin touches on Steven Drozd's heroin addiction that forced Ron Jones out of the band two albums earlier on the gash, and the spider bite song. As well it touched on the subject of Wayne's dad dying of cancer on feeling yourself disintegrate. That album hit so many emotional strings that I personally believe that you either didn't listen to the album or lacked the intellect to understand it.
  • right on, pjharmony
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • George Harrison - All Things Must Pass

Pity this didn't, after one disc.

I will nullify that statement with four words

DISC THREE APPLE JAM
  • Pearls&StonesPearls&Stones Posts: 585
    I am kind of surpirsed by the Quadrophenia hatred on here. As much as I love the Who , I feel my collection is complete with the 2 disc greatest hits, one live cd, and Quadrophenia.

Quadrophenia tells one long story better than any album I have ever heard, but it also manages to have a great deal of songs that stand well on their own.

I'm One
    Cut My Hair
    The Punk and the Godfather'
    Is it in My Head
    5:15
    Bellboy
    Dr Jimmy
    and of course, Love Reign O'er Me, which is one of the few songs where I prefer the original to the Pearl Jam cover
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Arcade Fire - Neon Bible. Honestly, I don't see what is so special about them. At all. They're boring and repetitive.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Need to chime in that The Wall is fanfuckingtastic...like the previous poster said it all fits a story...when i first gave it a listen I was blown away....great album IMHO....

While I'll agree The Wall isn't as consistent as DSOM, WYWH & Animals, you miss the point with that album, it's a story and all the tracks are integral to it's execution.

The Wall isn't my fav album of all time but you can't deny it's impact, as a package it's awesome, still apparently the best selling double album of all time.

It has it's weak moments but Mother, Young Lust, Hey You, Nobody Home, Comfortably Numb & Run Like Hell pretty much justify it's existence alone.

Although DSOM, WYWH & Animals are more satisfying albums personally.
  • pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    drew0 wrote:
    Arcade Fire - Neon Bible. Honestly, I don't see what is so special about them. At all. They're boring and repetitive.
    Maybe you need to listen to Neon Bible a little more, I find nothing boring about it. Of course, that's just me, maybe I'm wrong.
  • niallniall Posts: 244
    Coldplays output seems a bit safe and unenvolving to me.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    The sentiments are all good, I agree. I just don't think it's a Top 10 albums of all time candidate, as it often tends to be.

True, I would'nt go that far either.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    Anything by death cab for cutie.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • beegirl420beegirl420 Posts: 26
    ten
  • mrwalkerb wrote:
    Yes, fuck off with the Beatles already I am so sick of hearing how amazing they are.
    You know why everyone keeps saying how amazing they are? Because they are.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
    beegirl420 wrote:
    ten
    If you don´t undersand the fascination with ten, then you´re the one with the problem
  • beegirl420beegirl420 Posts: 26
    lars wrote:
    If you don´t undersand the fascination with ten, then you´re the one with the problem
    that one was just a joke.. ten is clearly a masterpiece
    beegirl420 wrote:
    that one was just a joke.. ten is clearly a masterpiece
    okay-nice one
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Green Day - American Idiot

Though I liked it, it wasn't OMG AMAZING!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Creed (all albums)
    Clutch (total shit band)
    Dream Theater (I'd rather clip my toenails than listen to this trash)
    Pavement (don't get it)
    Clash (yuck)
    Sex Pistols (double yuck)
    Shins (makes me sick to my stomach)
    Dixie Chicks (is this even music?)
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Green Day - American Idiot

Though I liked it, it wasn't OMG AMAZING!!

No shit, whoopee they hate President Bush...........so does everybody else. Doesnt make for a good album, just makes for some pretentious, boring pop shit. I think the songs were quite catchy at first but they grew more stale than a 10 year old peice of peanut brittle within the first few times of being overplayed.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    What is it with this thing that I see all the time about every double album "should have only been one disc, too mcuh filleR"????????? I mean the fucking Wall for christs sake. Most of you kids knocking this were not even born before the Berlin Wall came down, and you are so fucking ignorant of how powerful this album was in it's own time and place.
    It's not about the Berlin Wall, but it still played a big part in bringing it down. And STadium Arcadium, sure not every moment is electricity, but it's nice and soothing, and great driving music, and every fucking expert edit cuts a differnt set from it for the wonderful single disc it should have been, which proves there is just the right number of songs, one for everybody !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you kids realise that filler is OK ?? And who the fuck are you to start telling every artist what to put on their albums ?? Go become a producer and an agent, then you can do that.

Meantime, leave the filler alone, it's not fucking hurting you or anybody, but it creates some space in which to live and breathe. Space is good, the "it's gotta be now, and it better be exciting" gerneration is headed fopr major burnout by about , oh age 17 at this rate. You are all so bored already !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    Melon collie and the infinite sadness.

I liked maybe 10 songs off this double album.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • mol.cameronmol.cameron Posts: 94
    mellon collie is a masterpiece in my opinion.
    ive never truely got in to badmotorfinger in comparison to the other garden albums.
    i dont like neon bible.
    i dont like oasis at all.
    i think white stripes elephant is overated.

im glad no one has dared to question jeff buckley.
    'we were coming close to being on lunchboxes'- e.v 2000
  • mellon collie is a masterpiece in my opinion.
    ive never truely got in to badmotorfinger in comparison to the other garden albums.
    i dont like neon bible.
    i dont like oasis at all.
    i think white stripes elephant is overated.

im glad no one has dared to question jeff buckley.

I'll question Jeff Buckley, just because ya decided to question Neon Bible and Elephant.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • I will nullify that statement with four words

DISC THREE APPLE JAM

That jam's fucking dreadful.
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    chris05 wrote:
    Melon collie and the infinite sadness.

I liked maybe 10 songs off this double album.
    :eek:

Which ten?
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way
    Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium (biggest sellouts of the last 10 years)

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon
    Kaiser Chiefs - Employment
    Robbie Williams - all albums (he sucks)
    Beck - last few records
    Kings of Leon - any albums
    Peter Gabriel - any records
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Brainofdz wrote:
    Anyone who doesn't like Lounge Act should be shot, and as far as the rest of your thoughts, I respectfully disagree.

true
    that is the very best song on Nevermind
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London