If you could attend to a show of a band that no longer exists... wich would it be?

Comments

• SRV with Double Trouble

The Jimi Hendrix Experience.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,816
    thats an easy one

LED ZEPPELIN circa 1976 or so
    The wall tour floyd close second
  • Pink Floyd hands down... pre-Wall tho, i wanna hear Echoes, Sheep, Atom Heart Mother, etc
    peace
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Sorry...I can't pick just one :p here's my lil' list :D

Guns N' Roses
    Soundgarden
    The Clash
    The Ramones
    Led Zep
    The Beatles
    AIC
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,816
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Sorry...I can't pick just one :p here's my lil' list :D

Guns N' Roses
    Soundgarden
    The Clash
    The Ramones
    Led Zep
    The Beatles
    AIC

Damn forgot about soundgarden...YES!
  • katjakatja Posts: 188
    The Doors
    Led Zeppelin
    Cream
    The Who
    The Jimi Hendrix Experience
    I don't no if it HAS to be a band, but I would also add
    Nina Simone
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Chambers84 wrote:
    SRV with Double Trouble

Forgot about SRV, he would be on my list for sure.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • the doors
    smashing pumpkins
    beatles
    alice in chains
    pink floyd
    shut the fuck up donny

u are who who u are

i used to treat you like a lady
    now you're my substitute teacher
  • AliAli Posts: 2,621
    Jim Morrison reading poetry during"tHE END"...
    just before his death....?
    A whisper and a thrill
    A whisper and a chill
    adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
    The 11th Commandment.
    "Whatever"

PETITION TO STOP THE BAN OF SMOKING IN BARS IN THE UNITED STATES....Anyone?
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    We've actually seen most of the bands mentioned. My hubby saw The Doors twice! I'm so jealous. My vote goes to AIC. We were supposed to see them in SD in 1994 or so and they cancelled at the last minute. I was really pissed. Also, I would have loved to see Bush, although I know alot of you don't like them, I really do, and think they would have been great live.
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Bob WeirBob Weir Posts: 850
    Have to be a big 3 day festival,

Day 1: Alice in Chains,Blind Melon,RATM,Phish,Frank Zappa,The Beatles,Pink Floyd

Day 2: Pantera,Notorious B.I.G,Miles Davis,The Who,Jimi Hendrix,The Doors,The Grateful Dead(60's w/Pig)

Day 3: Sublime,Nirvana,Soundgarden,The Band,Stevie Ray Vaughn,Bob Marley,The Grateful Dead(80's)

....Pink Floyd and The Dead would have to headline with 3 1/2 hr sets of course,I figure every other band would get 90 min.
    I need a fix 'cause I'm going down
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    Bob Weir wrote:
    Have to be a big 3 day festival,

Day 1: Alice in Chains,Blind Melon,RATM,Phish,Frank Zappa,The Beatles,Pink Floyd

Day 2: Pantera,Notorious B.I.G,Miles Davis,The Who,Jimi Hendrix,The Doors,The Grateful Dead(60's w/Pig)

Day 3: Sublime,Nirvana,Soundgarden,The Band,Stevie Ray Vaughn,Bob Marley,The Grateful Dead(80's)

....Pink Floyd and The Dead would have to headline with 3 1/2 hr sets of course,I figure every other band would get 90 min.

which era floyd? which hendrix lineup? can me and my girl get 2 tix?
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
    whoYOUare wrote:
    Pink Floyd hands down... pre-Wall tho, i wanna hear Echoes, Sheep, Atom Heart Mother, etc

yes, yes, YES!!! 70-71 floyd is by far my favorite era! have you seen the pbs show from 70 or 71? atom heart mother fookin rocks on that! and the transition of careful w/ that axe, eugene into green is the colour is flawless. i would like to hear stuff from animals, too, but i'm not a fan of them w/ a 2nd guitarist.
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    El_Kabong wrote:
    which era floyd? which hendrix lineup? can me and my girl get 2 tix?
    "Dark Side" era Floyd,and we'll go with The Band Of Gypsys lineup for Jimi.

..and 2 tickets will be $600,000,plus other fees as well.
    Bob Weir wrote:
    "Dark Side" era Floyd,and we'll go with The Band Of Gypsys lineup for Jimi.

..and 2 tickets will be $600,000,plus other fees as well.

as long as they play stuff from obscured by clouds (like childhood's end), atom heart mother, careful w/ that axe, eugene/green is the colour, echoes, one of these days, if, astronomy domine....

hmmm band of gypsys is not my favorite lineup of him...i dug it musically but i just couldn't stand hearing buddy miles' vocals throughout the songs, like on machine gun 'dooooon't shooooot him,don't shoot him down!' i just wanna yell 'shut the fuck up already!' :D but the sonic fury of those shows....

well actually i like buddy's BACKING vocals on...forgot the song...'i jsut got back from (i don't knooowwww) but when he tries to have lead lines it's just too much.

i'll trade ya some hendrix and floyd boots for 2 tix
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    El_Kabong wrote:
    as long as they play stuff from obscured by clouds (like childhood's end), atom heart mother, careful w/ that axe, eugene/green is the colour, echoes, one of these days, if, astronomy domine....

hmmm band of gypsys is not my favorite lineup of him...i dug it musically but i just couldn't stand hearing buddy miles' vocals throughout the songs, like on machine gun 'dooooon't shooooot him,don't shoot him down!' i just wanna yell 'shut the fuck up already!' :D but the sonic fury of those shows....

well actually i like buddy's BACKING vocals on...forgot the song...'i jsut got back from (i don't knooowwww) but when he tries to have lead lines it's just too much.

i'll trade ya some hendrix and floyd boots for 2 tix

When I was thinking Band Of Gypsys I was Thinking Woodstock with the percussionist and definately Mitch,but forget the percussion and rythm guitar, I'll go with Cox on bass,Mitch and Buddy on kit(s),and a guest apperance by Garcia and Pigpen.

...and as far as that trade, as long as you got $600,000 worth of boots,thats cool.
  • Traffic original lineup
    High and Inside, Low and Away
  • sebaarg88sebaarg88 Posts: 1,277
    Nirvana
    only love can break your heart
    but only love can brake your fall
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    The Police - All Tours

Doors
    Zeppelin
    Beatles
    Hendrix
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Janes Addiction
    Nirvana
    Joy Division
    the Beatles
    Eric's Trip
    Faith No More/Mr Bungle
    Pavement
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Wow.........what a neat old thread...........thanks for digging it up, Todd76. A few names that I have seen on the board in quite awhile.......Axelulrich, Bob Weir....

I would like to add the 1972-73 line-up of King Crimson to my earlier wishlist. That would Robert Fripp on guitar, Bill Bruford on drums, David Cross on violin (yes, violin) and John Wetton on vocals and bass.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • sebaarg88sebaarg88 Posts: 1,277
    tybird wrote:
    Wow.........what a neat old thread...........thanks for digging it up, Todd76.

It was me!!!!!

;)
    only love can break your heart
    but only love can brake your fall
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    sebaarg88 wrote:
    It was me!!!!!

;)
    I'm sorry..........my bad............should have done my research :)

Thank you sebaarg88.............it's belated, but heartfelt. :cool:

And Cutback, I can tell you with authority that The Police seriously, seriously rocked on the Ghost in the Machine Tour back in 1982. At my stop, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts were the opener. Great show.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Led Zeppelin hands down.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Mickey1794Mickey1794 Posts: 104
    It would definitely be Led Zepplin! Luckily I got to see the Ramones when they opened the show for PJ in San Diego 95!
    11/5/93 Indio, CA;11/6/95 SD; 7/13/98 LA; 10/24/00 LA; 10/28/00 SB; 4/1/03 CO; 6/2/03 OC; 6/5/03 SD; 9/2/05 BC; 7/9-10/06 LA; 10/21/06 Bridge; 12/9/06 Oahu; 10/27/07 Bridge; 4/12/08 Eddie; 6/30/08 Mansfield; 9/30/09 Universal; 7/9/11 Eddie; 11/23-24/13 LA; 11/26/13 Oak.;10/22/13 CO
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Led Zepplin
    the who
    beatles
    ramones
    the clash
    jimi hendrix
    ratm
    sound garden
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    the who.
  • the animals or war (as long as burdon was there)
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • humanlighthumanlight Posts: 271
    LauraPJ wrote:
    If you could attend to a show of a band that no longer exists... wich would it be? I'll said The Doors.

Me too! The Doors all the way!!
    "F**K you, I have laundry to do" -ed
  • Blind Melon...hands down.

PBM

Agree 100%!