Vedder look out for Daughtry, he has set the new standard.

nowayimfaithfullnowayimfaithfull Posts: 2,051
edited February 2007 in Other Music
I mean cmon, he won american idol, how great is that.

He is the best songwriter to come along since lennon.

His music has so much substance

He just flat out kicks ass.

I am going to join the fan club, because they are the next pearl jam, fuck it they are the next beatles.

I MEAN WHO THE FUCK IS THIS GUY ANYWAY

HE SUCKS BALLS

HE CANT SING

ANYONE FROM AMERICAN IDOL SHOULD HAVE THEIR TOUNGUES CUT OUT.

That would make for a great reality show huh?

SOMEONE PLEASE CUT DAUGHTRIES TOUNGUE OUT.
RUN THIS MOTHERFUCKER OVER WITH YOUR CAR OR SOMETHING.
Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• After 4 (four?) years of that shit I'm surprised you're so angry at this.

What's really fucked up is that we give jack offs free record deals and more TV time than Ronald Reagan had post-humously while Cee Bee Jee Bees was almost demolished..
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • After 4 (four?) years of that shit I'm surprised you're so angry at this.

What's really fucked up is that we give jack offs free record deals and more TV time than Ronald Reagan had post-humously while Cee Bee Jee Bees was almost demolished..

I am just joking, I just think its crazy that people are talking him up over in the other music forum, and I have never posted an april fools style post. Someone also posted that his guitar player talked some shit on pj.

no more shows
  • I mean cmon, he won american idol, how great is that.

No, he didn't win American Idol. He came in fourth or fifth, I think.

Mr. Taylor Hicks won that season of Idol. SOUL PATROL! WHOOOOO!
  • No, he didn't win American Idol. He came in fourth or fifth, I think.

Mr. Taylor Hicks won that season of Idol. SOUL PATROL! WHOOOOO!

See people here watch it.

no more shows
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    hate to admitt this but he can flat out sing and you really cant deny that...yeah he came from American Idol but he did what he had to get where he is at
  • Daughtry should have never done american idol...
    Cincinnati. 6.24.06 Portland. 7.20.06 Gorge I. 7.22.06 London. 6.18.07
    Lollapalooza. 8.5.07 West Palm Beach. 6.11.08 Bonnaroo. 6.14.08
    Hartford. Mansfield.

www.myspace.com/lkatmeimsandrab
  • wow it seems like he is liked here.

Maybee its me.

no more shows
  • wow it seems like he is liked here.

Maybee its me.
    It's not you. He's just another bland crap rock singer with more publicity than average.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Sure he should have done American Idol, it gave him a ton of exposure which is what young artists need in the begining. He was offered a job singing for the band Fuel afer he was kicked off idol. Now people know his name, and he's selling records and tickets.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    pjalive21 wrote:
    hate to admitt this but he can flat out sing and you really cant deny that...yeah he came from American Idol but he did what he had to get where he is at
    I agree. Granted American Idol is cheesy, but if you want to just get your foot in the door, (that door anyway,) that's all you need to take off. It's really worked to his advantage. And I think it's great that he decided to go solo and not join Tool.
  • I am just joking, I just think its crazy that people are talking him up over in the other music forum, and I have never posted an april fools style post. Someone also posted that his guitar player talked some shit on pj.

Isn't the "other music" forum meant for posting about other music, bands, etc? I posted a thread regarding Daughtry in there earlier; not praising or damning him, just asking a question pertaining to him.

Now I feel like a bad Pearl Jam fan or something. :(
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • jammerfall wrote:
    Isn't the "other music" forum meant for posting about other music, bands, etc? I posted a thread regarding Daughtry in there earlier; not praising or damning him, just asking a question pertaining to him.

Now I feel like a bad Pearl Jam fan or something. :(

Dude just stop.

Like what you may, its music. I am in a good mood the pit has been great,I am joking. I am old school, I hate american Idol and suprised that pj fans do.
    Knowing Ed he probably watches it.

His guitarist commented that if pjs first album was after vitalogy they never would have made it.
    That made me laugh.

It is suprising how a rock band from that show has made it. Cmon look at the show they did for the inxs singer, how pathetic was that.

no more shows
  • Dude just stop.

Like what you may, its music. I am in a good mood the pit has been great,I am joking. I am old school, I hate american Idol and suprised that pj fans do.
    Knowing Ed he probably watches it.

His guitarist commented that if pjs first album was after vitalogy they never would have made it.
    That made me laugh.

It is suprising how a rock band from that show has made it. Cmon look at the show they did for the inxs singer, how pathetic was that.

Ok, ok. Didn't mean to get under your skin.
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • jammerfall wrote:
    Ok, ok. Didn't mean to get under your skin.

you didnt, its cool you are following daughtry around the country.

Its all good

no more shows
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    Jeanwah wrote:
    And I think it's great that he decided to go solo and not join Tool.

Fuel.

But how funny would Daughtry singing for Tool sound? :D
  • Daughtry does have a very good strong voice, you have to give him that.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Daughtry does have a very good strong voice, you have to give him that.
    I've never heard the gent sing but I hear or read people talking about him; I've only heard Taylor Hicks on limp Chevy(?) commercials and I think him a bit ridiculous. Right up there with Clay Aiken, Ruben Studdard and others that I can't actually remember...

I think that of the two (Hicks and Daughtry), in the long run, Daughtry will probably be the actual American Idol. Since he didn't win the big prize he's not so obligated to fit the American Idol-Winner pre-fab model. Daughtry can probably make whatever kind of music actually moves him instead of what a record company thinks will move the masses.

Lucky guy, that Daughtry.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Kenny Olav wrote:
    Fuel.

But how funny would Daughtry singing for Tool sound? :D

quote of the day

hahaha

no more shows
  • bigmuzzbigmuzz Posts: 299
    hmm, im thinking that maybe its a good thing that i have no fucking idea who this daughtry character is that everybody keeps talking about.

we have our own idol rejects to contend with over here in australia...... they are EVERYWHERE!
    Sydney Wed 8 Nov 2006....

when all are one and one is all, to be a rock and not to roll.........

see me @ www.myspace.com/bigmuzz

keep on rockin!.......
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,626
    American Idol sucks , we all know that , but if you were a halfway decent singer, made it through the show, made enough cash so youre set for life, who here wouldnt do it? You wont catch me at a Douchetry show or buying a Douchetry album, but enough people are so he wont be flipping burgers again.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• My wife watches Idol, which means I watch it. There are some people on there that can sing. But Daughtry is not one of them. I can't stand his voice. Now, Bo Byce can fucking sing.

I always thought Daughtry would make a good replacement for what's his face from Creed. Cause he is poser too.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • dharma69 wrote:
    I've never heard the gent sing but I hear or read people talking about him; I've only heard Taylor Hicks on limp Chevy(?) commercials and I think him a bit ridiculous. Right up there with Clay Aiken, Ruben Studdard and others that I can't actually remember...

I think that of the two (Hicks and Daughtry), in the long run, Daughtry will probably be the actual American Idol. Since he didn't win the big prize he's not so obligated to fit the American Idol-Winner pre-fab model. Daughtry can probably make whatever kind of music actually moves him instead of what a record company thinks will move the masses.

Lucky guy, that Daughtry.

Actually I think all of the former Idols are signed to the same record company. I am not positive about that, but I believe so. I think anymore that if you make it to the top five you get a record deal. I think four or five people from the last season have records out now. But I think that is part of the reason that he isn't the lead singer for Fuel is that the execs of American Idol probably wanted him to do what they wanted him to do.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Actually hes a pretty good singer.

May be lame along with his band (There music certainly is pretty lame).

But you cant say he isn't a good singer
  • Actually I think all of the former Idols are signed to the same record company. I am not positive about that, but I believe so. I think anymore that if you make it to the top five you get a record deal. I think four or five people from the last season have records out now. But I think that is part of the reason that he isn't the lead singer for Fuel is that the execs of American Idol probably wanted him to do what they wanted him to do.

And in reality this is why I hate this shit. Rock is dead, and the market is getting flooded with 1 hit wonders. Just another dagger in the coffin.

Sure these people have choir backgrounds and some have talent, buts its style and image with creativity supporting a solid singer/band/frontman.

Thes guys are dorks, maybee 1 slips thru the cracks but i have no respect.
    Now money, sure they make it but they loose it just as fast. I make enough money to not want that. Im 36 if I took that path in life Id be lief garret.
    He doesnt look rich.
    And he is considered a hoser, and I could do without eddy vedder taking shots at me during concerts.

hahahaha

no more shows
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    I heart American Idol.....

Rooting for that Indian Boy/Girl thing to win......
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • I heart American Idol.....

Rooting for that Indian Boy/Girl thing to win......

Get outta here you. Never would have pegged that.
    It is entertainment though.

Are you going to europe?

no more shows
  • I heard he was just a few seats from me at the first New Jersey show last year. He was supposedly with Clive Davis. 2 people I wouldn't know from a hole in the wall.
  • I have no idea who this Daughtry person is. At first I thoght you were talking about Roger Daltrey. Much like earlier today when I suggested we started talking about CCR is a thread that was supposed to be about MCR. I suggest we start talking about the musical merits of Roger Daltrey rather that this Daughtry fellow.
    tacos
  • I posted this as a joke and I am suprised with the interest in him.
    As fas as daltrey I did the same thing in a cornell htread, someone reiterated daltrey and I was like fuck that this guys not in cornells league.

no more shows
  • In my case, it's vitriol, not interest. I just remembered there was a story on the news about this clown a few weeks ago. About how honored he was to be playing MSG. I said no way is a karaoke queen playing MSG. Turns out he was the entertainment for the rodeo.