Oasis is better than the Beatles. Even the Brits agree.

123457»

Comments

• i actually meant you maturing karma, not the gallagher boys.
    I didn't read it that way. You said "people mature". That's a pretty vague statement that can be taked many different ways. If you want your words to be interpreted correctly you need to be more specific. I knew someone once who told a friend "I had an attitude but I divorced it". Not only was I supposed to be listening to his conversation with someone else I was supposed to interpret it as meaning I had an attitude and he didn't like it.

Sorry to get of topic, but karma is right. A personal opinion was given and it is karma's right to have that opinion. I personally don't like Oasis at all...except the song Lyla. When they first released songs in North America I thought they were just a bunch of Beatles wanna-bees and they were failing miserably. My opinion. My right.
    "and he still gives his love, he just gives it away and the love he receives is the love that is saved,..."
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    I didn't read it that way. You said "people mature". That's a pretty vague statement that can be taked many different ways. If you want your words to be interpreted correctly you need to be more specific.

and that is why i clarified what i meant with karma.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    You know, Sgt. Pepper's has so many bogus Paul McCartney songs on it that I might go for Definately Maybe being a better album. However, the White Album and Revolver are way way better than Oasis.
  • Oh My God...

Everyone on here is saying how "noone will ever be as big or better than the beatles".

This is only because the beatles had been put on this huge pedistal many many years ago, and now people are just following the crowd by saying they were amazing, and that they were so talented...when in reality, they werent the most musically talented people, i think even they would admit that. its common knowledge that Ringo Star was one of the worst famous drummers of the time for god sake. What they beatles did was write great pop songs that worked at the time, thats what Oasis also do, but it just so happens they came a little later, and then would always be overshadowed by previous bands.

Also i think alot of you would find that Oasis are mega-influential in music...especially in brittish music just now, all these new indie bands coming out...alot of them are so oasis-esque. take the arctic monkeys for example, they are influenced by them not so much musically, but by the arrogance of the front man.

Also, saying one bands album is better than anothers, is in no way saying they are a better band in all, its jsut saying that they managed to make an albyum which is superier to the many great ones the other band made...

sorry for my spelling, i would go back and fix it but i just cant be arsed so...

cho
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    the beatles are my favorite band. always will be. can't say the same for oasis.

i was hoping this thread would die..
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i love oasis. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    i love oasis AND the beatles
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    Oasis come nowhere close.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    that result is merely an oasis

and there are only a few bands that are even comparable to the beatles

oasis aint one, maybe after they put out ten more GOOD records
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Oasis and beatles, man a tough call, I could think of 500+ albums I would prefer to listen to and rate higher than anything by either.
    Two of the most over rated british bands ever.
    So when you say even the brits agree, dont take a poll's word as meaning the entire demographic of our nation.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    if any Beatles album should be up there, I'd pick the White Album... easily their best.
    oh yeah... i love the first two Oasis albums too. once in awhile, they are refreshing to hear. but i'm amused by their unstoppable popularity in Britain. :D
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    let's be serious. is this a joke?