Slayer

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Klumpie wrote:
    And this new album still kick some serious ass!!! Wish Metallica returned with this kind of album.
    I wouldn't mind another trash album from MetallicA but i think we arent ever gonna see that happen again..especially judging from their new songs they been debuting on tour.
    at the same time im glad MetallicA have moved on...yeh Christ Illusion,like most Slayer albums, is great but i get bored of it pretty easily..could say the same for most trash albums
    still..it's a great album and seeing the original line up on tour again just made my 2006 alot better :D
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    I wouldn't mind another trash album from MetallicA but i think we arent ever gonna see that happen again..especially judging from their new songs they been debuting on tour.
    at the same time im glad MetallicA have moved on...yeh Christ Illusion,like most Slayer albums, is great but i get bored of it pretty easily..could say the same for most trash albums
    still..it's a great album and seeing the original line up on tour again just made my 2006 alot better :D

It's easily their best album since Seasons in the Abyss. Especially Undisputed Attitude, Diabolus in Musica and God Hates Us All aren't very strong albums.
    Klumpie wrote:
    It's easily their best album since Seasons in the Abyss. Especially Undisputed Attitude, Diabolus in Musica and God Hates Us All aren't very strong albums.
    definitely their best album since Seasons...i actually quite enjoyed Diabolus in Musica,love the intro for Bitter Peace..but i have problems liking the whole God Hates Us All album..only has some good tracks imo.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    definitely their best album since Seasons...i actually quite enjoyed Diabolus in Musica,love the intro for Bitter Peace..but i have problems liking the whole God Hates Us All album..only has some good tracks imo.

From that 3 albums is Diabolus the best. But still it don't give you the feeling like the albums in the '80 did. And totally agreed, God Hates Us All is their worst attempt.
    been listening to Seasons in the Abyss on heavy rotation recently..what a great album!

some updates on the "Eyes of the Insane" single
    cd single part 2 looks decent enough to buy.
    SLAYER will be issuing an "Eyes of the Insane" two-part CD single and seven-inch vinyl in Europe on November 20 via Warner. The complete details are as follows:

CD Single Part One:

01. Eyes of the Insane (album version)
    02. Eyes of the Insane (live version)

CD Single Part Two (Enhanced CD):

02. Cult (live)
    03. Reborn (live In New York 1986) (enhanced video)

Seven-Inch Colored Vinyl:

02. Cult (live)

YNWA
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Every now and then I need my dosis of heavy metal, especially Deicide and Slayer...but not always...

My fav of Slayer: Angel of Death!
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    just thought I should drop in and say I'm gonna see slayer headine the unholy alliance tour on wednesday. its gonna be fucking awesome. shame mastodon aren't doing the UK tour.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Klumpie wrote:
    awesome! thanks for the link!
    pretty sick video towards the end..would be cooler if the band actually appeared in it though

Jeremy1012 wrote:
    just thought I should drop in and say I'm gonna see slayer headine the unholy alliance tour on wednesday. its gonna be fucking awesome. shame mastodon aren't doing the UK tour.
    cool have fun man
    saw them this year and fuck it was awesome!
    maybe cos they played alot of the older stuff..seeing Dead Skin Mask and Seasons in the Abyss played was just like a dream.

Slayer appear briefly on Spin too..sick picture..reminds me of the cover for Serenity in Murder
    http://warnerreprise.com/artist_newsletters/slayer/Slayer_SPIN22.jpg

YNWA
    interview with Kerry in Holland
    yet again he has some comments aboot MetallicA ;)

http://www.faceculture.nl/slayer/index.htm#

YNWA
    Slay - Er!!
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
    Slayer nominated for a Grammy..would be nice if they actually won this time!

Best Metal Performance
    (For solo, duo, group or collaborative performances, with vocals. Singles or Tracks only.)

Redneck
    Lamb Of God
    Track from: Sacrament
    [Epic]

Colony Of Birchmen
    Mastodon
    Track from: Blood Mountain
    [Reprise/Relapse Records]

Lies, Lies, Lies
    Ministry
    Track from: Rio Grande Blood
    [13th Planet Records/Megaforce Records]

Eyes Of The Insane
    Slayer
    Track from: Christ Illusion
    [American]

30/30-150
    Stone Sour
    [Roadrunner Records]

YNWA
  • Slayer is pretty awful.
    Slayer is pretty awful.
    Nono, Slayer is just SLAY-ER!
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    AxlUlrich wrote:

Best Metal Performance
    (For solo, duo, group or collaborative performances, with vocals. Singles or Tracks only.)

Redneck
    Lamb Of God
    [Epic]

Colony Of Birchmen
    Mastodon

Lies, Lies, Lies
    Ministry

Eyes Of The Insane
    Slayer
    [American]

30/30-150
    Stone Sour
    [Roadrunner Records]

The Slayer song is cool, but unfortunately they should only win if they get the sympathy vote becasue Mastodon's Colony is hands down the best song in that group. Although i did enjoy the slayer song and lies lies lies by ministry. REdneck was okay.... not a fan of stonesour.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    Slayer is pretty awful.

Perhaps you don't enjoy their music but for the kind of music they make they were f'in brilliant, and they are still pretty good at least the last album was decent.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • AxlUlrich wrote:

Best Metal Performance

Redneck
    Lamb Of God
    [Epic]

Colony Of Birchmen
    Mastodon

Lies, Lies, Lies
    Ministry

Eyes Of The Insane
    Slayer
    [American]

30/30-150
    Stone Sour
    [Roadrunner Records]

thanks for the info axl..SLAYER!!!
    no problem man..glad to update the Slatanics!

i feel Cult,Skeleton Christ or Flesh Storm would have made better nominees!
    Christ Illusion rules..but Eyes of the Insane to me is one of the weaker tracks.

YNWA
    new dvd release for 2007!
    Warner Music Group has set a February 13, 2007 release date for the "Unholy Alliance" CD+DVD package. Filmed on July 13, 2006 at Vancouver's 18,000-seat General Motors Place, "Unholy Alliance" features performance footage from SLAYER, LAMB OF GOD, MASTODON, CHILDREN OF BODOM and THINE EYES BLEED. DVD bonuses include backstage footage and band interviews.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    new dvd release for 2007!
    Ahh Very Nice. I like. How Much?

:)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • I'm not much of a metal fan, but Slayer is a band to be respected for sure. Lots of talent there.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Can't listen to them a whole lot. Saw them twice this year - watching them before PJ in leeds was strange! And the second time I was much more impressed by Children of Bodom
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Can't listen to them a whole lot. Saw them twice this year - watching them before PJ in leeds was strange! And the second time I was much more impressed by Children of Bodom
    many would kill to able to watch them twice in their lifetime haha
    saw them live on this tour too and was very impressed with the setlist though would have liked more from "Christ Illusion"

YNWA
    intodeep wrote:
    Ahh Very Nice. I like. How Much?

:)
    no idea!
    but it's been pushed back
    American Recordings has pushed back the projected release date of the "Unholy Alliance" CD+DVD package to February 27, 2007 from the previously announced February 13, 2007.

YNWA
    came across this good live performance of one of the more underrated Slayer songs..Bitter Piece
    wished they'd play this song alot more along with Stain of Mind

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UyDcXYZytr4

YNWA
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,159
    i can't say i'm a big fan of them but i will always love this 2 songs:

Skeletons of society

So join his guest for the sun

quest for the sun
    pjfan020 wrote:
    Slayer is great. Even though Kerry King is an asshole, he comes up with some amazing riffs. Everyone who listens to metal should own raining blood. Crazy shit. My friend bought the dvd where they play about 6 songs and then the whole raining blood album. For the last song, they actually have gallons of blood pour down on the stage. Badass stuff.

i actually think Hanneman comes up with the better riffs and a better song writter in general.

that dvd is pretty good though short..i like the band interview where they are asked aboot the existance of heaven and if the members went up there...funny stuff.
    watched it again recently...was funny how Jeff din get splattered by the "blood" and im glad too cos the blood ruined the sound imo and Jeff's unsplattered guitar saved the performance.

YNWA
    Slayer announce Aussie tour with Mastodon supporting

Apr. 12 - Metro, Perth
    Apr. 14 - Thebarton, Adelaide
    Apr. 15 - Vodafone Arena, Melbourne
    Apr. 17 - Hordern, Sydney
    Apr. 19 - Riverstage, Brisbane
    Apr. 21 - St James Theatre, Auckland (New Zealand)

Tickets go on sale on January 18.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Slayer announce Aussie tour with Mastodon supporting

Apr. 12 - Metro, Perth
    Apr. 14 - Thebarton, Adelaide
    Apr. 15 - Vodafone Arena, Melbourne
    Apr. 17 - Hordern, Sydney
    Apr. 19 - Riverstage, Brisbane
    Apr. 21 - St James Theatre, Auckland (New Zealand)

Tickets go on sale on January 18.

Two great bands if i was in oz i'd be all over this!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    Two great bands if i was in oz i'd be all over this!
    yeh Aussies seem to have very good luck when it comes to concerts..if i was an Aussie..would probably be wetting myself now ;)

YNWA