Close your eyes… and forget your name
Step outside yourself… and let your thoughts drain
As you go insane… insane

Innate seed
To watch you bleed
A demanding physical need
Desecrated eviscerated
Times prostrated

i also love that scene from South Park when Cartman plays Raining blood at that hippie festival..."hippies can't stand death metal"...:D:D:D:D
"It was a kind of a sick, disturbed rock opera - if Nietzsche were to write a rock opera,"-Jeff Ament about Eddie's first three songs

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough, I'm fine now.
Push me pull me. See ya later

<present tense inhabiter #0003 & Even Flow psycho #0036>
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Lombardo is a beast....go to http://www.drummerworld.com and watch his video!
  • come on...no love for slayer?
    "It was a kind of a sick, disturbed rock opera - if Nietzsche were to write a rock opera,"-Jeff Ament about Eddie's first three songs

• thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    come on...no love for slayer?
    everyone is probably a hippie...slayer is anti-hippie
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    Slayer is great. Even though Kerry King is an asshole, he comes up with some amazing riffs. Everyone who listens to metal should own raining blood. Crazy shit. My friend bought the dvd where they play about 6 songs and then the whole raining blood album. For the last song, they actually have gallons of blood pour down on the stage. Badass stuff.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    anyone purchase their box set with the actual blood packet inside? I do pull their discs out from time to time, I have tons of respect for them however I never felt they were able to put a whole CD together. rarely do I play one in its entirety.

Though I will say that the song South of Heaven has a groove that was not matched by many. They also do a killer Dissident Aggressor. That and the aforementioned Seasons in the Abyss. Man, that song is killer.
  • thatgirl wrote:
    everyone is probably a hippie...slayer is anti-hippie

i love hippies...but the onse from the 60's-70's...the ones form today are in proportion of 90% idiots...some people told me that i'm a hippie...i'm not insulted...i love hippies...i just hate ass-holes...

• I've seen a girl sing "Seasons in the Abyss" at karaoke night. She nailed the song.
  • BUENABUENA Posts: 165
    yawnnnnnnnnnnn!
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    \m/ slayer

i've seen em live three times (twice w/ lombardo) actually found the boot for my last show
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • they played halifax a couple of years ago, but i wasn't in town at the time. so sorry i missed that show! i still want to see them live. "war ensemble" is one of my faves...the double live cd is one of the best metal records ever.
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    been in a Slayer mood this whole week..damn how great is "Reign In Blood" ?!
    can't wait for their new album out this year.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    "Reign In Blood" is fucking seminal. Mad love for "Seasons In The Abyss" and "Hell Awaits," too
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I have about 4 of their albums i pull out when i'm in the mood. They are good to work out to as well.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • anyone know if they have plans to tour for the new album this year? one of the bands i have been wanting to see for about 15 yrs. but i keep missing out...would love to catch them this year finally.
    anyone know if they have plans to tour for the new album this year? one of the bands i have been wanting to see for about 15 yrs. but i keep missing out...would love to catch them this year finally.
    pretty sure they will..Slayer loves to tour..even when they dont have an album to promote.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    AHH , THEY ARE MY 2 FAVOURITE SONGS TOO!!

SLAYER ARE SO COOL , ESPECIALLY LOMBARDO!! he does this amazing fill out nowhere in skeletons
    good to see Lombardo back..not that their other drummers sucked..but Lombardo was special.

YNWA
  • yeah, you are most likely right axl...hoping they come back to my neck of the woods. i think they have been here a couple of times now and i'm always out of town at the time. i think one show got cancelled due to border problems...maybe i'll have to make a trip somewhere. slayer would be a good excuse for me to get my ass on the road...
    lol Slayer are definitely worth the trip!
    hopefully a summer tour to coincide with the new album which i hope will be finally released this year.

YNWA
    From Blabbermouth

SLAYER: New Studio Photos Posted Online - Mar. 6, 2006

SLAYER have posted an in-studio slideshow from the recording sessions for the band's new album, the follow-up to 2001's "God Hates Us All", at Slayer.net.

On Tuesday (Feb. 2 SLAYER entered a Los Angeles studio, where they started recording the 11 songs that'll comprise their yet-untitled CD, according to MTV.com. Rick Rubin (SLIPKNOT, SYSTEM OF A DOWN) will executive-produce the disc, while Josh Abraham (VELVET REVOLVER, STAIND) will turn the knobs. One of the songs has an official title ("Cult"), but all of them, King promised, will be devastatingly grim.

"There are definitely things you can't write about in SLAYER, and there are definitely things people expect you to write about," he said. "Everybody expects war, Satanism or anti-religious stuff — and this record's chock-full of that."

Most of the 11 songs SLAYER will record were written more than two years ago, the guitarist said. "We're hoping to do it old-school and record everything in like four weeks," he added. "We're ready. This is probably the most ready we've been since 'Seasons'. We've been spinning our wheels in rehearsals, just waiting for the green light on this thing. Now that we've got it, we're ready to go.

"It's definitely going to be a riff-fest," King continued. "There's riffs all over the place. As much time as we've had to work on it, there better be riffs on it. I think anybody who likes SLAYER, musically, is going to love it."

SLAYER will be teaming up with LAMB OF GOD, MASTODON, CHILDREN OF BODOM and THINE EYES BLEED for a two-month U.S. tour beginning on June 6. Dubbed the Unholy Alliance Tour, the trek will make stops in most major cities, although the actual routing of the run is still being fleshed out.

YNWA
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    I've seen slayer once live. And they were pretty good.
    Live they sound much better then the studio records.
    Klumpie wrote:
    I've seen slayer once live. And they were pretty good.
    Live they sound much better then the studio records.
    wow that good huh?!
    i knew they were a great live band but thats some compliment there

YNWA
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    wow that good huh?!
    i knew they were a great live band but thats some compliment there

I don't say their the best. But I saw them at a festival, we decided when Slayer come we'll take a break. Because we thought we wouldn't like it. But when we came back from the break it sounded pretty good. I've heard some studio versions of them and I didn't like that. I think the reason is why I like them live because I hadn't big expectations.
    Klumpie wrote:
    I don't say their the best. But I saw them at a festival, we decided when Slayer come we'll take a break. Because we thought we wouldn't like it. But when we came back from the break it sounded pretty good. I've heard some studio versions of them and I didn't like that. I think the reason is why I like them live because I hadn't big expectations.
    ah ok..maybe you should give their albums another try...they are pretty darn good !

YNWA
    If you think 6.6.06 is an intimidating calendar date, just wait. The killer reunion of all time — complete with live tour dates — is about to commence.

The four original members of SLAYER — Tom Araya/bass, vocals, Kerry King/guitars, Jeff Hanneman/guitars, and Dave Lombardo/drums — the pioneers and undisputed kings of extreme speed/thrash metal, have entered a Los Angeles-area studio to record what will be their first new studio album since 1990's "Seasons In The Abyss". And if that's not enough, uber-producer Rick Rubin, who helped solidify the much-emulated SLAYER sound beginning with their genre-defining 1986 classic "Reign In Blood", has taken the helm as executive producer of the project. The original team is back in place.

Working closely with Rubin will be Josh Abraham (KORN, VELVET REVOLVER, ATREYU) who will produce the album. "We're real happy to have Josh on the team," said SLAYER's Jeff Hanneman. "He's a very creative and intuitive guy, he knows music, and he really gets who SLAYER is and what we're doing." The as-yet-untitled album will be released on SLAYER's longtime label, Rubin's American Recordings/Warner Bros. Records, and is expected out this fall.

"Dave's been back with us, playing live, for a couple of years now, and we're all looking forward to recording together again," said the band's Tom Araya. Kerry King added, "There really is no one like Dave — he doesn't have to work at what he does, he just walks in, picks up his sticks and goes."

Said Lombardo, "It feels really good being back with the same guys I started out with. The chemistry is definitely there, that's the exciting part of it, to capture that chemistry again. And that's what is happening."

Jeff, Tom and Kerry have been writing songs for this new album since they wrapped their last North American tour in September 2004. "This is probably the most prepared we've been to record an album since the '80s," King added. "We've been writing and cutting demos for months." While these may change, working titles for some of the songs that will be recorded include "Catalyst", "Cult", "Supremist", and "Consfearacy". "I like to write songs that have different meanings for different people," said King, "where everyone can say, 'I know what he means,' but still get their own sense of what the song is about."

But wait, this just gets better. On 6.6.06 in San Diego, CA, SLAYER will kick off a seven-week summer trek, "The Unholy Alliance Tour * Preaching to the Perverted", that boasts what has got to be the genre's coolest line-up of the summer — LAMB OF GOD, MASTODON and CHILDREN OF BODOM (who will rotate the second and third slots), and THINE EYES BLEED who will open the shows.

Not only is the line-up terrific, but ticket prices will not exceed $39.00, giving fans a great value for their dollar. Tour dates and all other details will be announced shortly. Confirmed dates are below.

According to SLAYER's longtime manager Rick Sales, "We want to make 'The Unholy Alliance' tour an annual global event, so we decided to be smart about the design from the beginning. We chose to book most of the tour¹s shows at indoor venues, as that allows the bands and the fans amenities like air conditioning and indoor bathrooms, as well as the very best stage lighting, production, and sound and less expensive concession prices. The few shows that will be played outside will be played at night in permanent facilities with our lighting, production, and so on. Everyone wins."

With more dates to be added, the confirmed dates for "The Unholy Alliance Tour * Preaching to the Perverted" are as follows:

Jun. 06 - Sports Arena - San Diego, CA
    Jun. 07 - The Orleans - Las Vegas, NV
    Jun. 12 - Pop's Outside - St. Louis, MO
    Jun. 13 - Aragon Ballroom - Chicago, IL
    Jun. 15 - Tweeter Center - Camden, NJ
    Jun. 16 - Continental Airlines Arena - E. Rutherford, NJ
    Jun. 17 - Tsongas Arena - Lowell, MA
    Jun. 23 - Freeman Coliseum - San Antonio, TX
    Jun. 25 - Reliant Arena - Houston, TX
    Jun. 29 - Tower City Amphitheatre - Cleveland, OH
    Jul. 06 - Cobo Arena - Detroit, MI
    Jul. 07 - Eagles Auditorium - Milwaukee, WI
    Jul. 14 - Qwest Field Event Center - Seattle, WA
    Jul. 16 - Salem Armory - Salem, OR
    Jul. 19 - HP Pavilion - San Jose, CA
    Jul. 21 - Mesa Amphitheatre - Mesa, AZ
    Jul. 22 - Long Beach Arena - Long Beach, CA

YNWA
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    SLAYER will be teaming up with LAMB OF GOD, MASTODON, CHILDREN OF BODOM and THINE EYES BLEED for a two-month U.S. tour beginning on June 6. Dubbed the Unholy Alliance Tour, the trek will make stops in most major cities, although the actual routing of the run is still being fleshed out.

This will be bad ass Slayer and Mastodon! Hell yeah.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    that lineup is incredible. couple this tour with Sounds of the Underground, man, all ya need right there.
    More dates have been confirmed for the SLAYER-headlined "Unholy Alliance Tour - Preaching to the Perverted" which will kick off on 6.6.06 in San Diego, CA (see entire itinerary below). The seven-week trek boasts what has got to be the genre's coolest line-up — joining SLAYER will be LAMB OF GOD, MASTODON and CHILDREN OF BODOM (who will rotate the second and third slots), and THINE EYES BLEED, who will open the shows.

For the most part, SLAYER — Tom Araya (bass, vocals), Kerry King (guitars), Jeff Hanneman (guitars), and Dave Lombardo (drums) — have finished recording tracks for their as-yet-untitled new album due out this fall, and will begin the mixing process this week. This album is the first new studio album since 1990's "Seasons In The Abyss" that features the entire original SLAYER lineup (drummer Lombardo left the band in 1992 and rejoined in 2003). Rick Rubin, who helped solidify the much-emulated SLAYER sound beginning with their genre-defining 1986 classic "Reign In Blood", is executive-producing, and Josh Abraham (KORN, VELVET REVOLVER, ATREYU) is producing. Working songtitles include "Catalyst", "Cult", "Supremist", and "Consfearacy".

Here is the updated itinerary for the "Unholy Alliance Tour - Preaching to the Perverted":

Jun. 06 - Sports Arena - San Diego, CA
    Jun. 07 - The Orleans - Las Vegas, NV
    Jun. 09 - Fillmore Auditorium - Denver, CO**
    Jun. 11 - East Peoria Convention Center - E. Peoria, IL**
    Jun. 12 - Pop's Outside - St. Louis, MO
    Jun. 13 - Aragon Ballroom - Chicago, IL
    Jun. 15 - Tweeter Center - Camden, NJ
    Jun. 16 - Continental Airlines Arena - E. Rutherford, NJ
    Jun. 17 - Tsongas Arena - Lowell, MA
    Jun. 19 - US Bank Arena - Cincinnati, OH**
    Jun. 22 - American Bank Center - Corpus Christi, TX**
    Jun. 23 - Freeman Coliseum - San Antonio, TX
    Jun. 24 - Nokia Live - Dallas, TX**
    Jun. 25 - Reliant Arena - Houston, TX
    Jun. 27 - HiFi Buys Amphitheatre - Atlanta, GA**
    Jun. 29 - Washington Avenue Armory - Albany, NY
    Jun. 30 - Tower City Amphitheatre - Cleveland, OH**
    Jul. 02 - Centre de Foire - Quebec City, Que. CANADA**
    Jul. 03 - The Bell Center - Montreal, Que. CANADA**
    Jul. 04 - Molson Amphitheatre - Toronto, Ont. CANADA**
    Jul. 06 - Cobo Arena - Detroit, MI
    Jul. 07 - Eagles Auditorium - Milwaukee, WI
    Jul. 08 - Roy Wilkins Auditorium - St. Paul, Minnesota**
    Jul. 09 - MTS Center - Winnipeg, Man. CANADA**
    Jul. 11 - Shaw Conf. Center - Edmonton, Alb. CANADA**
    Jul. 13 - GM Place - Vancouver, BC CANADA**
    Jul. 14 - Qwest Field Event Center - Seattle, WA
    Jul. 15 - Salem Armory - Salem, OR**
    Jul. 16 - Star Theatre - Spokane, WA
    Jul. 19 - HP Pavilion - San Jose, CA
    Jul. 21 - Mesa Amphitheatre - Mesa, AZ
    Jul. 22 - Long Beach Arena - Long Beach, CA

** Previously unannounced dates

YNWA
  • thanks for the update axl! awesome!
  • armyreservearmyreserve Posts: 209
    I'll be at the Long Beach Arena show. I'm dragging my wife to her first live SLAYER experience.
    10/06/91 Hollywood, CA; 05/13/92 Hollywood, CA; 09/02/93 Hollywood, CA; 11/05/93 Indio, CA; 11/07/95 San Diego, CA; 03/29/98 (Dead Man Walking - The Concert) Los Angeles, CA; 07/13/98 Inglewood, CA; 10/24/00 Los Angeles, CA; 10/28/00 Devore, CA;07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/30/09 Universal City, CA; 10/01/09 Universal City, CA