Slayer

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    SLAYER frontman Tom Araya spoke to MTV.com about the group's follow-up to 2001's "God hates Us All", tentatively due late July. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Cult", "Catalyst", "Catatonic" and "Jihad". At this stage, seven weeks into recording, five of the album's 11 tracks are finished and about to be put through the mixing process. SLAYER still need to put the finishing touches on the remaining songs, but Araya expects the band will be finished with everything in the next week or so.

"This album is actually like a culmination of everything we've done," Araya said. "There's one song that I'm thinking will surprise everybody, because of the song itself. I'm not going to say why, because you have to keep that element of surprise, dude. Musically, it's going to blow everybody away. It's going to trip everyone out. It has all the elements of everything we've done. No one's going to be disappointed with this record. It's fast, heavy — maybe faster than anything we've done before. It's going to be brutal. It's what everyone expects from a SLAYER record."

A track called "Eyes of the Insane", Araya said, is perhaps the most political song on the album. The song was inspired by an article he'd read in an issue of Texas Monthly magazine.

"The song's about the effects of war on some of these soldiers," he said. "This article — and it was a pretty trippy article — it really affected me. The entire magazine was devoted to soldiers of this new Iraq conflict that's going on. The effect that the war has had on some of these kids who're coming home and having a tough time dealing with what they've seen — I mean, some of these kids are traumatized and mentally destroyed by what they've seen. The magazine also ran an entire list of the soldiers from Texas who've died. It was several pages with pictures of these kids. It blew my mind."

Read more at MTV.com.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    Wes Orshoki of Billboard.com is reporting that SLAYER will preview their first album in five years with an EP exclusively available at Hot Topic stores. The album will include "Cult", the lone new song the band plans to play live on the upcoming Unholy Alliance tour.

"People are probably going to think it's a sequel to 'Disciple', but it's not," guitarist Kerry King told Billboard.com of the new track. He adds that the EP will most likely include a live version of "Dead Skin Mask", among other tracks.

SLAYER's still-untitled follow-up to "God Hates Us All", which was released on Sept. 11, 2001, is due July 25 via American Recordings. For the project, the group reteamed with longtime collaborator Rick Rubin to executive produce their first new album with their four original members since 1990's "Seasons in the Abyss".

As previously reported, the Unholy Alliance tour also features LAMB OF GOD, CHILDREN OF BODOM, MASTODON and THINE EYES BLEED. It kicks off June 6 at the San Diego Sports Arena.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    The organizers of the "National day of SLAYER" have issued the following press release:

"In our pluralistic modern world, it seems like every group gets a holiday or month dedicated to its activities — except metalheads. Responding to the overbearing moralism of the American holiday for Christian prayer, two headbangers created a holiday of their own: the National Day of Slayer.

Little did they know that this holiday would become popular worldwide, prompting an outpouring of translations, dedications, and most of all, vows in over 20 countries to "Stay home from work, and listen to SLAYER instead." Even the SLAYER guys weighed in on Los Angeles' KNAC radio, saying the concept was hilarious and they wish they'd thought of it first. A groundswell of popularity is making this holiday a reality!

"We need a holiday to celebrate great metal music instead of going to a boring job," said JT, NDoS Director. "When National Day of Slayer was created, it was a protest against how SLAYER is ignored by the workaday world. Now, it's a phenomenon reaching the furthers corners of the globe."

This June 6, if you're a metalhead or just like the music of SLAYER, join us for an "INTERnational Day of Slayer" by putting off your normal responsibilities and enjoying an entire day of SLAYER. For too many years the vibrant culture of heavy metal music has been ignored, but now there's a holiday for metalheads... worldwide.

YNWA
  • ramspamramspam Posts: 130
    My friends trying to make it so Slayer is being played in the schoolyard lunchtime on 6/6/06 for Slayer day, music plays in the yard once a week (normally crappy rap and nicklecrap) . I doubt it'll happen tho because the school captains can't believe that slayer is a band and are saying "I can't imagine us celebrating world slayer say, anti-slavery day maybe". We may have to try and sabotage the cd player and speakers, I put led zeppelin on that once and this girl came and said it was crap and for us to put on something happy, so we said its led zeppelin and she said who was that. MUAHAHA!!
    Only fools have signatures...

+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #20-+--+
    ramspam wrote:
    My friends trying to make it so Slayer is being played in the schoolyard lunchtime on 6/6/06 for Slayer day, music plays in the yard once a week (normally crappy rap and nicklecrap) . I doubt it'll happen tho because the school captains can't believe that slayer is a band and are saying "I can't imagine us celebrating world slayer say, anti-slavery day maybe". We may have to try and sabotage the cd player and speakers, I put led zeppelin on that once and this girl came and said it was crap and for us to put on something happy, so we said its led zeppelin and she said who was that. MUAHAHA!!
    LOL!
    well..just kick the school captain's ass and play some Slayer!!
    06/06/06 aint gonna happen again!

YNWA
    http://www.slayer.net has a preview clip of a new track Cult!

YNWA
    another killer album cover..no title yet though for the new album

http://images.warner.de/images-artists/WEA/Slayer/627127/1149435.jpg

YNWA
  • pjamdude69pjamdude69 Posts: 174
    I'll be seeing Slayer 9 days before I see PJ at the Gorge. They play up here in Seattle July 14th, haven't seen 'em live since the LA Sports Arena back in Jan '91.. Gonna be a badass show.. And Tuesday seems like a perfect day to jam my 6 disc player in my truck with nothing but Slayer.. Matter of fact, might have to prep for it over the weekend.. \m/
    "On the edge of a know-nothin' town, Feelin' quite superior in Den Haag"

11.05.93- Indio, CA
    07.13.98- Inglewood, CA
    10.28.00- San Bernardino, CA
    06.02.03- Irvine, CA
    07.23.06- The Gorge
  • pjamdude69pjamdude69 Posts: 174
    AxlUlrich wrote:

Bro, that's a WICKED cover.. I'm likin' it big time..
    "On the edge of a know-nothin' town, Feelin' quite superior in Den Haag"

11.05.93- Indio, CA
    07.13.98- Inglewood, CA
    10.28.00- San Bernardino, CA
    06.02.03- Irvine, CA
    07.23.06- The Gorge
    awesome man..have fun at the Slayer show.

wicked cover yeh...hope the music is good though..their last album was pretty ordinary to me.

YNWA
  • MoondemonMoondemon Posts: 93
    AxlUlrich wrote:

That's a crazy cover... real slayer style !! I love it !!
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"
    Moondemon wrote:
    That's a crazy cover... real slayer style !! I love it !!
    very Slayer like indeed.
    this cover reminds me of Reign in Blood's cover..especially with the heads floating.

YNWA
    Slayer will be releasing an official 6/6/06 t shirt lol..
    http://media.musictoday.com/store/bands/872/product_medium/BGCTS321.jpg

heres a clip of the guys in studio as well

http://streamos.wbr.com/wmedia/wbr/slayer/060106/slayer_clip_001_450.wvx

YNWA
    hope everyone remembers to listen to some Slayer today ;)

their new single can be heard on slayer.net

YNWA
    wow there really arent too many Slayer fans on the Pit lol..

anyways if anyone cares...the new single can be downloaded at http://www.myspace.com/slayer

Tom also said the album will be titled "The Final Six"

YNWA
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    wow there really arent too many Slayer fans on the Pit lol..

anyways if anyone cares...the new single can be downloaded at http://www.myspace.com/slayer

Tom also said the album will be titled "The Final Six"

OK, thanks for the link. ;) Wich one is the new single???
    Klumpie wrote:
    OK, thanks for the link. ;) Wich one is the new single???
    Cult is the new one..pretty strong lyrics against religion on this one.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Cult is the new one..pretty strong lyrics against religion on this one.

That is the song, I can't dowload.
    Klumpie wrote:
    That is the song, I can't dowload.
    no problem..will upload it for you

http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=3438956

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:

Thanks, sounds good.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Thanks, sounds good.
    yeh it sounds great...so good to hear Dave back !

YNWA
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    Met Kerry King last year at download, he is really quite short, looking forward to see them again at leeds.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • AxlUlrich wrote:

holy fuck! it rocks! thanks so much axl...you rock! :D
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    Slayer will be releasing an official 6/6/06 t shirt lol..
    http://media.musictoday.com/store/bands/872/product_medium/BGCTS321.jpg

heres a clip of the guys in studio as well

http://streamos.wbr.com/wmedia/wbr/slayer/060106/slayer_clip_001_450.wvx

thanks for this too. :)
    no problem :)

am digging the new track too...some parts of it reminds me of "Reborn".
    I hope the rest of the album is faster than this track though.

YNWA
    Lyrics to Cult

Opression is the holy law
    In God I distrust
    Italic monuments will fall
    Like ashes to dust
    It's war and creed the master plan
    The battle's where it all began
    It's propaganda shouts despair
    And sends this virus everywhere

Religion is hate
    Religion is fear
    Religion is war
    Religion is rape
    Religion is obscene
    Religion is a whore

The pestilence of Jesus Christ
    There never was a sacrifice
    No man who hung the crucifix
    Beware the call for purity
    Infections their facility
    I've made my choice
    666!

Carussa Green's a paedophile
    No praying for the priest
    Confession finds a lonely child
    Now preys on the weak
    You think your soul can still be saved
    I think you're fucking miles away
    Scream out loud, heres where you begin
    Forgive me Father for I have sinned!

Religion is hate
    Religion is fear
    Religion is war
    Religion is rape
    Religion is obscene
    Religion is a whore

The target's fucking Jesus Christ
    The one I'd love to sacrifice
    I'd nail him to the crucifix
    I've made my choice
    666!

Jesus is pain
    Jesus is gore
    Jesus is the blood that's filled the war
    He's everything
    He's all things dead
    He's pulling down the trigger pointed at your head!
    The fear your shoulded to the front
    Revelation, Revolution, I see through your cracked illusion!

The war on terror just drags along
    My holy god it's growing strong
    It's propaganda shouts despair
    And sends this violence everywhere

Religion is hate
    Religion is fear
    Religion is war
    Religion is rape
    Religion is obscene
    Religion is a whore

There is no fucking Jesus Christ
    There never was a sacrifice
    No man upon the crucifix
    I've made my choice
    666!

YNWA
  • hell yeah axl! ( i wish there was a devil horns emoticon! ) great lyrics.
    hell yeah axl! ( i wish there was a devil horns emoticon! ) great lyrics.
    very typical Slayer indeed
    looking forward to hearing "Jihad" from the new album..something tells me that song is gonna make headlines for the wrong reasons...

YNWA
    looks like Slayer fans were busy on 6/6/06
    Gary Stern of The Journal News has issued the following report:

Word that the date 6/6/06 had nothing to do with any satanic prophesies apparently did not reach the vandal or vandals who spray-painted pentagrams, upside-down crosses and other devilish messages outside St. Joseph's Seminary [in Yonkers, New York] early yesterday.

Workers who showed up at the historic Catholic seminary about 7 a.m. were stunned to see the crosses spray-painted in black on two columns in front of the main entrance. When they moved closer, they saw 6s on each of three steps leading up to the landing, where the words "REIGN IN BLOOD" were painted in thick, black lines. "Reign in Blood" is the name of the 1986 album by the band SLAYER, whose "National Day of Slayer" was Tuesday.

And right in front of the doors, at just about the spot where Pope John Paul II stood and waved to adoring crowds on Oct. 6, 1995, was painted a large pentagram, often associated in pop culture with the devil.

"I think anyone who promotes the prince of darkness is very misled, very ignorant, very wrong," said Monsignor Peter Finn, the seminary's rector. "I feel sad, sad and disappointed."

The vandalism took place in the wee hours, just after the close of June 6, which was widely marketed as 666, a number associated with the devil. A remake of "The Omen" was released Tuesday, its marketing campaign tied to the date. And several books and concerts with satanic themes were released and held.

The effect of the vandalism on a rainy, gray morning was chilling, as it did not appear to be rushed or haphazardly done. The perpetrator, in fact, left a literate message on the inside of the two columns for seminary faculty members to see when they exited the main doors. On the left column, the graffiti said, "BETTER TO REIGN IN HELL." And on the right, "THAN TO SERVE IN HEAVEN."

The famous line comes from Book I of John Milton's epic poem, "Paradise Lost", in which Satan plots the fall of man.

Read the entire article at http://www.thejournalnews.com.

YNWA
    new album title..release date finally confirmed
    SLAYER have set "Christ Illusion" as the title of their new album, due on August 8, 2006 via American Recordings/Warner Bros. Records (NOTE: The release date change was first reported by BLABBERMOUTH.NET yesterday).

"Christ Illusion" is SLAYER's first new studio album since 2001, and the first recorded by the band's original line-up — Kerry King (guitars); Tom Araya (bass, vocals); Jeff Hanneman (guitars); Dave Lombardo (drums) — since 1990's "Seasons In The Abyss". "Christ Illusion" was produced by Josh Abraham and executive produced by Rick Rubin.

"Christ Illusion" deals with familiar SLAYER themes — god, religion, hate, and war. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include:

01. Flesh Storm
    02. Catalyst
    03. Eyes of the Insane
    04. Jihad
    05. Skeleton Christ
    06. Consfearacy
    07. Black Serenade
    08. Catatonic
    09. Cult
    10. Supremist

Says Araya, "No one is going to be disappointed, it's going to blow everybody away. It's fast, heavy, and maybe faster than anything we've done before."

"It's a good mix of fast, brutal music and slower moodier stuff, it's pretty intense," added King. "It sounds like a damn SLAYER record."

A core player in SLAYER's history has also rejoined the team for the "Christ Illusion" project. Larry Carroll, who did the cover artwork for "Reign in Blood", "South of Heaven", and "Seasons In the Abyss", has painted an original piece for the "Christ Illusion" cover. Working only from the song titles and early lyrics, Carroll has produced a classic SLAYER masterpiece — a portrait of the Christ (check it out here) — whose forearms have been chopped off — standing in an ocean of blood surrounded by floating, decapitated heads. Carroll created the painting on a 4-by-4-foot slab of wood using a combination of mediums. King already has placed dibs on ownership of the original wooden canvas.

SLAYER will headline this summer's six-week-plus "Unholy Alliance Tour: Preaching To The Perverted", which features LAMB OF GOD, CHILDREN OF BODOM, MASTODON, and THINE EYES BLEED, and kicks off at the Tweeter Center in Camden, NJ next Thursday, June 15.

YNWA