• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    more new Slayer from an album sampler which contains
    1) Cult (Radio Version)
    2) Eyes of the Insane (Album Version)
    3) Jihad (Radio Version)

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=AAEE086635459608

enjoy :)

am digging Jihad the most among the 3..great intro
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    1) Cult (Radio Version)
    3) Jihad (Radio Version)

Thumbs up for Axl :)
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    1) Cult (Radio Version)
    3) Jihad (Radio Version)

thanks for all the slayer axl...i have cult playing on my myspace page :) i like it even more after quite a few listens.

i meant to say thanks for the info about the cover art too. someone had mentioned it looked like a slayer album cover...makes sense that it would be the same artist then, eh? 4x4 on wood would be pretty sweet to own. not enough artists using wood these days ;)
  • listening to jihad now...sweet!!! :)
  • eyes of the insane now...this is going to be a very good album!
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Whoa a Slayer thread? haha. Right on. I remember back in junior high you were either obsessed with Slayer or obsessed with Testament...for some reason they were divided?? :p Anyways, I was and always will be a TESTAMENT girl. :D Never really did get into Slayer although I've always been surrounded by TONS of people that are. With that said, I can appreciate them for sure...musically waaay more than vocally though. I think that's the thing that always stopped me from getting really, really into them...the vocals. ANyways, they definitely have some brutally awesome riffs going on. :D And well....what can I really say about Dave Lombardo?? No way I can deny all that. ;)

Right on for a new album coming out too!
    How kick ass that they're still...kickin ass after all these years!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • ...and i could never really get into testament :) weird that way it is...
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    ...and i could never really get into testament :) weird that way it is...

haha. Look at that!
    It really is isn't it???

"Once divided...."
    :p

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    haha. Look at that!
    It really is isn't it???

"Once divided...."
    :p

Indeed! :D
    this album so far has Slayer written all over it..from the album cover to the tracks.
    haven't had much of a chance to really listen to these tracks cos of the World Cup lol..but I will before the games!
    can't wait!..shame it's been delayed til August 8th argh.

and yeh..Dave Lambardo is by far my fave Slayer member.
    that guy is just so fucking talented...another reason why this album will be their best in a long time!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    i meant to say thanks for the info about the cover art too. someone had mentioned it looked like a slayer album cover...makes sense that it would be the same artist then, eh? 4x4 on wood would be pretty sweet to own. not enough artists using wood these days ;)
    yeh just read the same guy Larry Carroll did this album cover too
    found this on Blabbermouth..the final cover art with the band logo and album title

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/BlabberPhotos/Miscellaneous/?action=view&current=SlayerChristIllusionCoverArt.jpg

YNWA
    So far, the 3 new songs sound good.
  • TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    SLAYER!!!!!!!!!!

awesome band, defefinitively on my top 10 of all time. I've seen them live about 5 times and always had a blast!, met Kerry King at Ozzfest 2004... cool motherfucker, I actually was expecting him to be an asshole but he came across as an ultra cool dude, just talking about how excited he was to see Judas Priest that night.

Dave Lombardo is also my favorite member..., I'm stiil looking for a bootleg of that Metallica concert in Europe last year when he played Battery and a couple of songs more with them cause Lars was sick or something.
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • nycmalenycmale Posts: 251
    SLAYER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those 3 songs are pretty fucking good. i cant wait for the new cd. Lombardo is the man !
    after a few more listens..still like Jihad the best
    I'm guessing it will be the next single since there's a radio version for it

YNWA
  • THREE DAYS 'TIL SLAYER!!!!!!
    Slayer and Lamb of God....in a parking lot....next to a massive chemical plant....in 100* heat....and LOTS of Crown Royal....does life get any better?
    ...so i'll just lie alone and wait for the dream, where i'm not ugly and you're looking at me...
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    THREE DAYS 'TIL SLAYER!!!!!!
    Slayer and Lamb of God....in a parking lot....next to a massive chemical plant....in 100* heat....and LOTS of Crown Royal....does life get any better?
    It will if you make sure you are there in time to see the Mastodon set.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    THREE DAYS 'TIL SLAYER!!!!!!

YES... (Mastodon plays with them too)
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    all tonight in atlanta on the unholy alliance tour :D

I can't wait to see Slayer and Mastodon :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    this is cool... Kerry King playing The Mechanix with Megadeth back in '84

enjoy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCkRGEFyc-Q
    Towerman wrote:
    this is cool... Kerry King playing The Mechanix with Megadeth back in '84

enjoy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCkRGEFyc-Q
    awesome stuff..thanks for the link

apparently the new album is gonna come with an edited cover too lol..
    http://www.slayerized.com/music/covers/christillusionalternate.jpg

YNWA
    Christ Illusion's apparently been leaked...
    http://rapidshare.de/files/26894602/Slayer-Christ_Illusion.rar.html

i'll wait though..so far reviews arent too bad.

YNWA
    anyone else got the new album yet?

damn it's alot better than i expected...definately their best album in 16 years for me anyways

"Skeleton Christ" and "Consfearcy" are me fave tracks so far.

YNWA
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    I haven't picked it up yet, but i've heard it a couple times thru in my buddies car. Lombardo is fucking awesome on the album and it's refreshing to hear araya's voice and not this growling nonsense. Real happy with what i've heard. thrash at its finest.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
    pjfan020 wrote:
    I haven't picked it up yet, but i've heard it a couple times thru in my buddies car. Lombardo is fucking awesome on the album and it's refreshing to hear araya's voice and not this growling nonsense. Real happy with what i've heard. thrash at its finest.
    no offence to Bostaph etc..but it's fucking great to have Dave back can't wait to see them on tour!
    and yeh i agree with Tom's vocals too...finally he's not shouting or growling like on GHUA and DIM.

YNWA
    Listen to it for the 1st time and it sounds alot better then the last 4 albums.
  • gave it a listen on their myspace page. sounds awesome! i'm still liking cult and jihad the most...probably because they were the ones i heard initially. this is one i will definitely pick up and will be in my cd rotation for a while. slayer!
    am pretty surprised at the bad responses this album is getting so far...i don't mind that the album sounds the same etc cos that's Slayer for you.
    close to 3 weeks and am still playing this album at least twice a day.
    it's slowing becoming my 2nd favorite Slayer album too...surpassing South of Heaven.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    am pretty surprised at the bad responses this album is getting so far...i don't mind that the album sounds the same etc cos that's Slayer for you.
    close to 3 weeks and am still playing this album at least twice a day.
    it's slowing becoming my 2nd favorite Slayer album too...surpassing South of Heaven.

Well, here in Holland everybody says it's the best album of Slayer since Seasons in the Abyss and I think that's right. I like Flesh Storm, Cult and Supremist very much.
    And this new album still kick some serious ass!!! Wish Metallica returned with this kind of album.