Options

Love for Stone Gossard Thread

Comments

• Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    I do believe I killed it though. :D

nah, at least it is less than a day old though :D Let's the Stoney love continue!! :) And I think most people fail to mention his talents, especially on his solo album, Bayleaf. That man made that guitar talk during Bayleaf :eek: The sheer talent that comes from that man is endless!! :)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    SmilinSkullRingSmilinSkullRing Posts: 1,230
    I'm listening to In Hiding right now. That is another mark of his great talent.

And did you see him during Life Wasted on Letterman? The man was rockin' out. :D
    "Longitudes, latitudes, it's so absurd
    I just need someone to be there for
    I just want someone to be there for
    Someone to be there for me"
    --

"Well, you say it’s bad luck
    To have fallen for me
    Well what can I do to make it good for you
    I’ll call you beautiful if I call at all"
  • Options
    I'm listening to In Hiding right now. That is another mark of his great talent.

And did you see him during Life Wasted on Letterman? The man was rockin' out. :D

oh man no! i was watched seperate performances from Letterman since my stupid real player was showing it shitty :mad: Plus my computer is slow sometimes, so I couldn't watch all of it! but DTE though, DAMN Stone was rockin' out like an old man!haha :p

In Hiding, you gotta love those Vedder/Gossard compositions, I swear, Yield and Binuaral have the Stoney touch!;) He wrote several songs on those albums, which kick ASS! All Those Yesterdays, No Way, Rival, Thin Air, Of the Girl, WOW! And the ones w/Eddie too, like DTE, In Hiding (my personal favorite), shit there are others haha
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Happenstance , thanks so much for your sweet words. :) Just doing my part in spreading that STONEY LOVE. :D The praise just seems to flow out so effortlessly...kinda like this man's talent huh? ;) And LOL @ the sock comment!! On top of everything else, the man has such an awesome sense of humor. As if ROCKIN our worlds ain't enough already ...to make us laugh our asses off too? Come on! This man is the greatest.

haha...yahamita! I love it!

Yeah, Mike isn't underrated in the PJ community, but I think it can be said that Stone is which means he definitely is outside of the PJ community. Just because he isn't playing the flashier solos doesn't mean he didn't compose or help compose them.

Stone fans of the world unite! ;)

SEE!!! Amen SmilinSkullRing! Nadia, we've finally found someone exactly like us. :eek: hahaha. Perfectly said there buddy and I could NOT agree more. :D

Wait, did you mention the DREAM TEAM?? :o I can't say it enough~>Ed & Stone write THE BEST songs together!!!! IN HIDING! YES!! I'm praaaaying for that one this tour. Another HUGE mark of his talent for sure and, imo, one of the greatest DREAM TEAM/PJ songs ever! The feeling that one inspires never, ever fails!

Oooh and LETTERMAN? Holy shit! Stone was going NUTS! It really keeps getting more and more intense as the tours go by and this is by far the 90's and then some it seems...for ALL the boys! Our beloved SG is in flames! Headbanging like a mofo!!! :eek: Daaaaamn! It's such a beautiful thing. Wow. I am soooo fuckin pumped for these shows!! :D

Speaking of how on fire they are, I also wanna mention how completely happier than ever they all appear as well. :D If this doesn't just make it all that much more! :) It's absolutely beautiful. *sigh* I think this picture from the AOL SESSIONS does a fine job of summing it all up...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/T1146854006.jpg

:D
    Awww!!!!!

(((LOVE)))

Our boys are ON IT in EVERY WAY! You can feel it, see it, hear it!
    Beautiful.

SEE YOU SO FUCKIN SOON STONEY!!!
    WOOooo!!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    OMFG!!

Check out what's under my name! :eek: I just noticed this shit! It's no longer "FAITHFULL"
    LOOK WHAT IT IS!!!! *cannot stop smiling.*

~*"BETTER PONY UP"*~

:D:D:D

WOOOOOO!!!!!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    oh man no! i was watched seperate performances from Letterman since my stupid real player was showing it shitty :mad: Plus my computer is slow sometimes, so I couldn't watch all of it! but DTE though, DAMN Stone was rockin' out like an old man!haha :p

In Hiding, you gotta love those Vedder/Gossard compositions, I swear, Yield and Binuaral have the Stoney touch!;) He wrote several songs on those albums, which kick ASS! All Those Yesterdays, No Way, Rival, Thin Air, Of the Girl, WOW! And the ones w/Eddie too, like DTE, In Hiding (my personal favorite), shit there are others haha
    Ah, I still haven't seen the Letterman performances that were before the show. I've only seen Life Wasted, but I'm going to d/l the others. I just hope it doesn't take me forever since I'm on dial-up, but I'm ready to commit to the downloading while I'm away to classes. ;)

Yield is such an excellent album thanks to Stone, and Binaural is pretty underrated it seems. The compositions that Stone adds are killer in my book. I can't get enough of All Those Yesterdays and No Way lately, and DTE has always been one of my #1 favorites.
    --

To have fallen for me
  • Options
    Vedhead27,

Right on, right on! It always seems like Stone makes the best songs for the band or with Ed. Not that the others aren't great. For example, NAIS is one of my favorite songs. It's way up on the list, but if I picked ten songs that are my favorite Stone or Stone/Ed would fill up the list more than the others. And, of course, I am taking nothing away from the amazing talent of all of them. The longer I am a PJ fan the more I become a fan of Mike (amazing player and guy), but Stone just has that something plus that talent that draws me to him.

Awesome pic you posted by the way. I just found that one a few days ago myself.

And he was definitely feeling it at the Letterman performances. I love when Stone lets loose a little. It's a great thing to see. One of my favorite DVDs is the Pinkpop Festival from '92. Stone with long hair running around and twirling in his spot while playing. Yeah, that's pretty nice. :D
    --

To have fallen for me
  • Options
    SmilinSkullRing, I couldn't agree w/you more on what you said. Binaural is SO underrated. Just b/c it didn't sell a million records, it is considered 'bad' by everyone else :rolleyes: I love this album b/c it just flows w/Stoney goodness :D And I have PinkPop 92, HOLY SHIT, that man can surely rock!! :D Some people say that Stone does not rock that much, but he does. He is just a little shy. I think, when he feels the energy from the crowd, he takes it in and rocks it out! I remember at the Gorge, Stone was a little reserved, BUT the next night, in Vancouver, Stone was rockin' out w/his bad self :cool: truly, that duckman is about to come out this tour :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    BuMp for the LOVE of Stone :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    thought it was only fair to post here since vedhead27 posted on the yield thread.

keep up the good work, girls! :)
    take your money and your drugs.
  • Options
    Man, my soundcard isn't working and my computer just sucks. I'm not able to get into this Letterman/Amazon interview action. I think I'm gonna cry! BOOHOO! But I'm excited that there's a new Stone site in the works. I got all the other fansites bookmarked and I keep visiting them compulsively as if there's something I haven't seen yet. Can't get enough. I'm sick but it feels so good! One day I'll come home and find my loved ones staging an intervention. The computer will be gone and they'll say, "No more of this Pearl Jam or Stone Gossard business!" ...They just don't understand! ok well it's not that extreme.
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones
  • Options
    another friendly bump for the one and only, STONE
  • Options
    ROCK ON NewspapersMatterNot. :D

SmilinSkullRing, YES! Agreed. Stone & Ed write "historic songs"...Matt said it himself. ;) THE DREAM TEAM man! Awww, and Stone does have that extra pull. I get you on that (surprise surprise) ;) Oooh, I looooove PinkPop...doing laps around the stage. FUCK YES!

grace6697, thanks girlie. :)

ScreamingLemur! haha. That made me laugh out loud "No more of this Pearl Jam or Stone Gossard business!" :p Oooh no, good luck with your soundcard though. That ain't right. One should never be deprived of PJ/SG greatness.

OK BUT YOU GUYS.........STONE GOSSARD EMERGENCY>.>>>THIS JUST IN.....

"working hard tonight...STONE GOSSARD."

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2966606283682250761&q=pearl+jam+irving+plaza

AHHH! Check him!! *freaks out*

SOOOOOOOO MUCH LOVE FOR YOU STONEY!

ROCK THAT CUTE ASS BACKWARDS HAT! ROCK THAT GUITAR (you own it)! ROCK THAT HEAD BOBBLE! YOU ROCK IT ALL!!!!!!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    cvillecville Posts: 8
    Have loved Stone (in the music sense) since I saw him close up with Brad band
    in a little venue in Tampa in the early-mid nineties. There were only about
    4 other women in the place. I was probably the only chick that made a GUY go to see them.
    I am, myself, like you somehow.
  • Options
    Wow. That's awesome cville! :D

I saw Brad in 2002. I took a guy friend with me that knew nothing about them and he walked outta there a fan. He was blown away. :) Brad is an amazing band no doubt. Brad, solo, PJ...so many gifts the unstoppable talent shares with us all.

<~~ watching vid again

*jumps up and down*

Look at The Godfathers playing to each other! All smiles, having the best time. I so feel the love. :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    My new favorite saying :)
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    BuMp for the LOVE of Stone :D

To be on a computer-free vacation and to come back to this link????
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2966606283682250761&q=pearl+jam+irving+plaza

OH

MY

GOD

Thank you thank you thank you VEDHEAD27 for the STONE ALERT!!! Wow :)
    And look how happy Jeff looks... I'm sure he's thinking "I'm one lucky bass-player groovin' here with STONE" and/or "I'm lovin' that backwards cap" :D
    ... wish the world could go again with love ...
  • Options
    faithfull79faithfull79 Posts: 24
    I just found last month out I'm to be a father....If it's a boy, we're gonna name him Stone. I can only hope he would grow up to be as cool (or insanely talented) as his namesake.
    ...so i'll just lie alone and wait for the dream, where i'm not ugly and you're looking at me...
  • Options
    imfaithfulimfaithful Posts: 106
    stone is the man!

DUCK WALK PLEASE!
    I LOVE THIS BAND

"If some guy's not really giving me a reaction, I'll try and fucking get a reaction out of him. And I feed off of that. I go crazy. In a good way."-Mike McCready

www.myspace.com/lovethejam
  • Options
    I just found last month out I'm to be a father....If it's a boy, we're gonna name him Stone. I can only hope he would grow up to be as cool (or insanely talented) as his namesake.

Congratulations! Yeah, Stone is a pretty awesome name... very strong and masculine-sounding.
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    How are the ponies/bitches doing on this lovely Saturday afternoon??? :D
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    haha. Hi Juli. SG Bitch/Pony present. :p

Happenstance, omg you are SO welcome. I cannot get over that video. :eek:! Seriously. We're going back in time this tour. WOW! :eek:

Ummm faithfull79, that is TOO AWESOME! Awww! :D Congrats! Your kid is destined to be super, duper cool with a name like that. ;)

imfaithful! Yes please! DUCK WALK and some SINGING TOO! Let's get the whole Stoney G package deal! Stoney G funpack. haha. Including some of the greatest songs ever written, catchiest most melodic riffs, groovin dance moves, plaid perfection and some MANKIND/DONT GIMME NO LIP vocal action. Mmm hmmm. I'll take an order of that!
    :D

Ooook but really, why is our man a straight up comedian on top of it all? The funpack also includes comedy hour. :p

<~~~ listening to ALBANY

KaddiK...I just heard it!
    :eek:

OMG you guys....

STONE to JEFF (who's wearing the Bush mask)

"Bush has been working out lately hasnt he? He looks like a, kinda buffer. More CHESTY"
    :eek:

ahahahahaha. Wtf??? OMG Stoney you're killing me!!

ED""our last word to you....CHESTY""
    ....."interesting night yeah?"

LOL!&!%!!!!

My good god these guys are THE GREATEST!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    StoneygrrlStoneygrrl Posts: 27
    Hi fellow Ponies!

When did we become "bitches" (I read that in the Wikipedia....I'm confused) :)

Anywho...Nadia...anyone.... Who's coming to Cleveland this weekend?
    The Elle Woods of public accounting.
  • Options
    Stoneygrrl wrote:
    Hi fellow Ponies!

When did we become "bitches" (I read that in the Wikipedia....I'm confused) :)

Anywho...Nadia...anyone.... Who's coming to Cleveland this weekend?

HOLY CRAP! It is my girl, Krista, I WILL be in Cleveland this Sat. I am coming girl...let the Stoney Bridgade begin!! :D

and HELLO to all my fellow Stoney Ponies/Bitches in the house! :cool: WOW, I come back from several days of NOT posting to a LOT of Stone LOVE!!

let's keep the duck man love going peeps!!! YEA! I am going to see Stone in ALL his plaidness this Sat. in Cleveland...>YEA! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/2.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/6.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/STOOOONEY.jpg

*feels all warm & fuzzy inside*

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And check out the Godfathers having a loving moment together...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/8.jpg

AWWW!!!! *tears* That's just too damn beautiful. So much love! :D

And whoa, HOLY SHIT Nadia...you are gonna be in the presence of the groove/riff master himself~~~>TOMORROW!!! :eek: Ahhh!! Aw and Krista too? Hell yes. The more PONIES the merrier. :D

REPRESENT THAT STONEY LOVE! :cool:

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    Awww Stoney LOOKS TOO damn adorable in those pics!! And he is DA MAN!! I can't wait to see him tomorrow night in Cleveland!!! :D See the riffmaster getting down with his BAD self!! :cool:
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    in Cleveland Nadia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me a call!

Ms. Lydia...we will miss you! I've never been at a show with only 1/2 the glitter twins! Nadia and I will have to represent extra hard at the show!
  • Options
    Awww I know Krista...it feels SO WEIRD knowing I won't be at the same East Coast shows with my Glitter Twin/Stoney Pony. My whole Stoney world is just thrown off balance here. hehe. But that's so sweet that you'll be representing extra much in my absence.:) Thanks girlie. Awww, are you gonna wear your cute little Stoney shirt too? :p That was TOO CUTE!

OOOOH ALSO~~~> not sure if you heard this but they soundchecked PARACHUTES tonight!!!!!!!#$$$%$!@ :o :eek: AND DONT GIMME NO LIP a few nights ago! :eek: :D I hope there is an insane amount of Stoney lovin all around in CLEVELAND! :) I'm so excited for my STONEY GIRLS!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    yeah, it'll be weird, but it will be all good! :D Of course, as Lydia pointed out we will be with our "Jeffs' counterpart :p BUT, we DO have the Gorge together though!;) And YES, the Stoney Ponies will be there in Cleveland representing the bridgade :D

Kristia, I'll call you once I am in Cleveland. My group is suppose to pick me and another girl at the airport @ noon. I'll call you during that time :cool: hopefully we can meet up b/f the show :) Gah, I still need to figure out what else I need to take next...:eek:
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    Stone freakin' sang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was the ONLY time I've ever been witness, but it finally happened!

Oh Nadia...we had the BEST freakin' show ever! I didn't think there was any way that Toronto could be topped, but this came close.

Lydia, we missed you! It's on at the Gorge!
  • Options
    Stoneygrrl wrote:
    Stone freakin' sang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was the ONLY time I've ever been witness, but it finally happened!

Oh Nadia...we had the BEST freakin' show ever! I didn't think there was any way that Toronto could be topped, but this came close.

Lydia, we missed you! It's on at the Gorge!

um, yeah I KNOW Krista!! WOW! I need someone to SERIOUSLY shake me and tell it that REALLY did happen! :eek: too bad we couldn't meet up, but at least we got to talk :D But YEAH, the Stoney Ponies were representing it in Cleveland!! Talk about getting some Stoney love and that chant after Smile or was it Don't Gimmie No Lip?! That was rad!! :)

the GORGE it is SO on!! See you there girl;)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~