Options

Love for Stone Gossard Thread

Comments

• Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    rhinomagic wrote:
    All you fans of Stone should listen to his audio interview. The thread is in a sticky @ the top of the Porch.

Enjoy!

FINALLY! They made something about STONE a sticky!! :D:D:D
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    you gotta love stoney!! his guitar riffs are sooooo emotional! he puts me to shame. the guitar riffs in "i got id" almost make me want to cry. i think we should all give it up to stone gossard. U ARE A ROCK GOD!!
  • Options
    you gotta love stoney!! his guitar riffs are sooooo emotional! he puts me to shame. the guitar riffs in "i got id" almost make me want to cry. i think we should all give it up to stone gossard. U ARE A ROCK GOD!!

yeah I hear ya government puppet!! :D He seriously doesn't get enough LOVE.

remember, without him, there would be NO PEARL JAM!!:cool:
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    My friend wore Stone trousers to the gig!! She looked great :D

:p that is TOO cute!!

BUMP for Stoney LOVE in the morning!! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    *Whoa...a video?? I haven't been in the SB thread in a couple of days...it's kinda sad I missed that and didn't know about it! haha. I know there's a website in construction...

*Watching the vid right now, it's so freakin' awesome! :)

*Are any of the fellow ponies part of the Stone Bitches thread over there? like posting over there and stuff? (psst: I'm Sonicbaba over there).

*Also, if any of you want to join Stone's Bitches, all you have to do is send a PM to Stip, and voila! :) you are a bitch :D

*I like the My Little Pony idea. It's like a secret code. Plus, I loved them as a kid, ooooohh the memories... :D

A whole lotta love to all the Ponies/Bitches! :D You guys are way too awesome! :)

Rock on! :cool:

I used to post on the Red Mosquito board, but wasn't active as much...my account was deleted twice b/c I wasn't on there as much:( but I WILL sign up again and be a part of the Stone's Bitches :D

Juli, you are just TOO adorable!! Hope to meet you soon my fellow Latina sista;)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    no one BUMPED this thread?! I feel such a loner:( Where are the Stoney Ponies :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    COMING SOON...

a NEW Stoney Website :D

Yeah, you can blame me for delaying it I know, I know, I'm bad. :( I am putting the final touches on the bio, and I LOVE it!! :cool: So yeah, we'll announce it REALLY soon ;)

STONEY PONIES UNITE!!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    <~~~ blastin FITS :o

(((BIG ASS BUMP for STONEY LOVE)))

Ooooo yeah....our site!!! It's almost ready. :D Horray! THE WHOLE STONEY WORLD WILL BE DIFFERENT~~>SOON!

MeddleDeal wrote:
    FINALLY! They made something about STONE a sticky!!

HA! YES! Great minds think alike. ;) This was the FIRST thought that popped into my head as well Nadi. :p AMEN!! The sticky action was long over due. :D

Ok...that interview though?!?! :eek: *bows down* As if we needed more reasons to love and respect this man! Jesus! That interview was the BEST! :D

From praising Ed's talent like he always does :):o (sooo much LOVE in this band!! I love it!), to mentioning THE WHITE STRIPES!!!! (hell yes!!!!), to making me drool even more about PARACHUTES (only 2 more days!!!:eek: till we get to hear this guaranteed masterpiece), to his excessive use of the word "raw" :p (YIELD days it was "ultimately"...Avacado SG word of the year = "raw":D ), to his breakdown of blessings aka "the best thing that coulda ever happened" :o.......this man simply KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STONEY....YOU ROCK OUR WORLDS NON-STOP!!! :D
    THANK YOU!
    THANK YOU!
    THANK YOU!

In only a matter of weeks we will be reunited with the groove-master himself!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!!!:eek:

And hold the phone....justam....you have audio of that?!?!
    :eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    I got the 10C CD yesterday and Stone is the gift that keeps on giving.
    I don't care what he wears or how he moves... that stuff is just incidental for me.
    I LOVE HIS MUSIC SO MUCH!!! Yes, I'm shoutin' it!
    Oh, and his Amazon interview?? I think he's the Einstein of rock n roll :)
    ... wish the world could go again with love ...
  • Options
    Rock on Happenstance!! :D THIS TALENT IS INDEED SOMETHING TO SHOUT ABOUT!!! SHOUT AWAY! :D Awww man, you have me even MORE pumped up for the yummy Avocado!!! ONLY 2 MORE DAYS!!!! :eek: :D I'm about to combust over here! *deep breaths* LOL!!

Stone is the gift that keeps on giving.

Now that is just one of the most beautiful/most truest things I have ever heard. :o Perfectly said my friend. :) And "the Einstein of rock n roll"!? HA! YES!!! That's awesome!! Looove it & could not agree more. :D

As far as the moves and what he wears...hey, the coolness of Stoney G transcends far and beyond and is simply never-ending. :cool: :p It's just a fact. haha. I hear ya though...the musical mastermind, the unstoppable talent and drive, the way the man writes catchy riff after cathcy riff after catchy riff....the way he brings the funk, the romance, the groove..., masterpiece after masterpiece after masterpiece.... the way he just brings it ALL time and TIME AGAIN!!!!!! THIS is what gets to the core of me, this is what completes and mesmerizes me...THIS is what I am SO frickin grateful for and THIS is what I will never stop praising. :o How does he do it?! I mean really!!! The gift that keeps on giving. There...it...is. :)

You should definitely come around these parts more often Happenstance. ;) Your STONEY LOVE, and the awesome words of praise that stem from it, is a beautiful thing! :)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    AliAli Posts: 2,621
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Rock on Happenstance!! :D THIS TALENT IS INDEED SOMETHING TO SHOUT ABOUT!!! SHOUT AWAY! :D Awww man, you have me even MORE pumped up for the yummy Avocado!!! ONLY 2 MORE DAYS!!!! :eek: :D I'm about to combust over here! *deep breaths* LOL!!

Now that is just one of the most beautiful/most truest things I have ever heard. :o Perfectly said my friend. :) And "the Einstein of rock n roll"!? HA! YES!!! That's awesome!! Looove it & could not agree more. :D

As far as the moves and what he wears...hey, the coolness of Stoney G transcends far and beyond and is simply never-ending. :cool: :p It's just a fact. haha. I hear ya though...the musical mastermind, the unstoppable talent and drive, the way the man writes catchy riff after cathcy riff after catchy riff....the way he brings the funk, the romance, the groove..., masterpiece after masterpiece after masterpiece.... the way he just brings it ALL time and TIME AGAIN!!!!!! THIS is what gets to the core of me, this is what completes and mesmerizes me...THIS is what I am SO frickin grateful for and THIS is what I will never stop praising. :o How does he do it?! I mean really!!! The gift that keeps on giving. There...it...is. :)

You should definitely come around these parts more often Happenstance. ;) Your STONEY LOVE, and the awesome words of praise that stem from it, is a beautiful thing! :)
    Isnt this a LITTLE too long?;)

All the same....

A whisper and a thrill
    A whisper and a chill
    adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
    The 11th Commandment.
    "Whatever"

PETITION TO STOP THE BAN OF SMOKING IN BARS IN THE UNITED STATES....Anyone?
  • Options
    KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    Just cruizin on by... *waves*

:D:D:D:D
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
  • Options
    stone is the man. i have so much love for the music that he writes that i cant put it into words. All i can say is that i cant wait to see the website for him
  • Options
    Awww thanks for the warm fuzzies Vedhead27 :)
    I've loved Stoney since the day I found out he wrote the music for the song that made me a PJ fan (Black, formerly known as E Ballad).
    Then Randy Footsteps (of PJ fanzine fame) sent me a photo of him in a pony tail and cheerleading outfit, complete with pompoms, and that closed the deal :D
    Short skirt or not, nerdy glasses or not, plaid pants or not, he IS the MAN!!!
  • Options
    Awww thanks for the warm fuzzies Vedhead27 :)
    I've loved Stoney since the day I found out he wrote the music for the song that made me a PJ fan (Black, formerly known as E Ballad).
    Then Randy Footsteps (of PJ fanzine fame) sent me a photo of him in a pony tail and cheerleading outfit, complete with pompoms, and that closed the deal :D
    Short skirt or not, nerdy glasses or not, plaid pants or not, he IS the MAN!!!

I like your enthuasism for STONEY! YOU ROCK!! :D

BUMPING this thread for MORE Stoney LOVE...I am at work, and doing this...hehehehehe. yeah i am baadddd!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    You're very welcome Happenstance. Glad to have another pony in the bunch. :)
    ~*SPREAD THAT STONEY LOVE*~

Oook, and speaking of WARM FUZZIES?! STONE fuckin GOSSARD???? :o PARACHUTES??? Ummm..are you kidding me dude?? :eek: *heart caves in* I'm gonna tear up just talking about it! As soon as I heard those opening chords I immediately started crying. Then to have those gorgeous/sweet ass words paired up with this heavenly music? :o *knees give out* Sweet lord. THE DREAM TEAM (Ed&Stone) making dreams come true as per usual! ((so in love)) I can't get over this song. It's too good/gorgeous to be to true. STONE!!!!!? How do you continue to do this?? Your talent is not of this world.

The beauty has been in heavy repeat mode for me. Gets me misty eyed everytime...carries me away, sweeps me off my feet. :o So alluringly Beatles-esque...so incredibly intoxicating. This is by far one of THE most beautiful songs EVER!!! We all knew this before we even heard it. It really was love before listen. Fact is, STONEY...you continue to reach our hearts in thin air and I can't praise you enough for it. :o You can do no wrong. You're fuckin amazing. Your talent is seriously insane, unstoppable and... just like PJ... the super powers are more SUPER than ever these days. You are SUCH a gift and really, really...THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your gift with us all. :)

It just keeps getting better and better....

STONE....YOU OWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    Beautiful post VEDHEAD... if there was a grammy for Best Musical Post of 2006, that just might be the winner :)

I loved Parachutes from the first moment I heard it... jaw-dropping. I already obsessed about it with ChiquiMonkey in another thread so I won't get started on it here :D

So how 'bout our man Stone on the Letterman webcast today... did he not TEAR IT UP on Evolution???? One of the best versions I've ever heard. I pretty much died and was near-tears at the end of Porch because the whole band rocked so awesomely. I'm one proud and happy fan today!!!

But getting back to the point of this thread, how 'bout the Stone portion of the 5/4/06 EW interview with the band??? Is he not just the humblest and wittiest guy EVER?? And I quote...

STONE GOSSARD (GUITAR)

I've met people who are more obsessed with you than they are with Ed. Does it wack you out to know you inspire that kind of devotion?
    That's all good. I don't think about it. I really don't. I mean, I like myself. I think I'm cool. But I think when you're in a band you take on a role within the band, and I think people over the course of years can identify those roles as almost being bigger than just the individual. I don't know. It's kind of hard to talk about.

I hear you're personally obsessed with the Pearl Jam socks?
    I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks.

----
    <sigh> I love their socks... I have a pair of white ones with yellow and green stripes at the top and a pair of Binaural black ones... both are excellent quality!! :)
  • Options
    nice quote Happystance! STONE talked! YEA! I will be seeing the duckman in a few weeks in Cleveland :D i can't wait!! :cool:
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    did you know the seed of the avocado is called a STONE??? and it references testicles too... HAHAHAHAHAHA..I am really feeling alot of love for Stone right now! You sound fantastic on the new album.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    SmilinSkullRingSmilinSkullRing Posts: 1,230
    Sweet thread!

I'm a proud member of Stone's Bitches. Oh yeah.
    "Longitudes, latitudes, it's so absurd
    I just need someone to be there for
    I just want someone to be there for
    Someone to be there for me"
    --

"Well, you say it’s bad luck
    To have fallen for me
    Well what can I do to make it good for you
    I’ll call you beautiful if I call at all"
  • Options
    sonquaiisonquaii Posts: 11
    Nice to see Stone getting some love.
  • Options
    sonquaii wrote:
    Nice to see Stone getting some love.
    I think we all agree. He seems to be so underrated.
    --

To have fallen for me
  • Options
    I think we all agree. He seems to be so underrated.

I AGREE with you on that one. And people say that Mike is underrated?! oh COME ON! :rolleyes: Stone has been MOST underrated since day ONE?! Every since I saw that first SNL appearance, I knew, Stone OWNED! And it seems to me that most people forget that most of the music on the first album were GOSSARD compositions! He makes the catchiest riffs and he owns those songs. He doesn't get enough love whatsoever!

So STONEY'S PONIES & STONE BITCHES UNITE! It is time to make our presence known on this tour;)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Hey Stone, I think you're a facinating individual, and would drive the 3 hours from Bend, OR to hang out with you and possibly take you to see a NEKO CASE show if shes around..hint hint
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    did you know the seed of the avocado is called a STONE??? and it references testicles too... HAHAHAHAHAHA..I am really feeling alot of love for Stone right now! You sound fantastic on the new album.

i had NO idea there was another name for it...STONE?! HA! Stone truly writes some of the greatest music for PJ :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    WOW! I am OFFICIALLY the thread killer :( hahha.

Anyway, STONE ROCKS!! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    energymanenergyman Posts: 5
    We Are Gathering For A Stone Love Fest At Boston. Stay Tuned.

Peace.

Brian
    4 8-94 1 14-95 9-16 24;10-4-96
    6-14;8-28 29;9-4 8;10-18 19-98
    8-4 23;9-1 2 4-00;12-8 9-02
    4-1 16 26 28;5-3;6-6;7-1 5 6 8 9 12 10 22-03
    9-28;10-1 2 5 8 11-04;3-18-05;9 1 7 8 9 11 12 13 19 20 28 30;10-1 3 5;12-7 9-05;5-9 10 16 17 24;9-1 2 4 5 7 9 11 13 14 16 17 19 20-2006
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    I AGREE with you on that one. And people say that Mike is underrated?! oh COME ON! :rolleyes: Stone has been MOST underrated since day ONE?! Every since I saw that first SNL appearance, I knew, Stone OWNED! And it seems to me that most people forget that most of the music on the first album were GOSSARD compositions! He makes the catchiest riffs and he owns those songs. He doesn't get enough love whatsoever!

So STONEY'S PONIES & STONE BITCHES UNITE! It is time to make our presence known on this tour;)
    Yeah, Mike isn't underrated in the PJ community, but I think it can be said that Stone is which means he definitely is outside of the PJ community. Just because he isn't playing the flashier solos doesn't mean he didn't compose or help compose them.

Stone fans of the world unite! ;)
    --

To have fallen for me
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    WOW! I am OFFICIALLY the thread killer :( hahha.

Anyway, STONE ROCKS!! :D
    Nah, you didn't kill the thread. I would have posted if I was around.
    --

To have fallen for me
  • Options
    I do believe I killed it though. :D