Love for Stone Gossard Thread

Comments

• zantszants Posts: 1,556
    Stoney Hawk Gossard is the One!
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Just read another article about the new album and everytime I see the words "a track written by Gossard" I always get SO damn extra, extra giddy!!!! :D PEARL JAM all together just = guaranteed greatness...but when it comes to the songwriting of Mr. Gossard it's just something to get even MORE excited about. The man really has such an ear for what sounds good... what's catchy, groovy, beautiful, sexy. He just HAS IT & I'll never be able to stop praising it and thanking him for sharing this gift with us all. He writes masterpiece after masterpiece. He's just able to keep on a doing it! He is TOO MUCH. Fuckin amazing!!!!!!! It can't be said enough~~>WHAT A MUSICAL PIMP!!! :D

So speaking of Gossard greats...here's one I've had in heavy rotation lately. What an absolutely jaw dropping number. :o Wooow! It just takes my breath away. This guitar work is so gentle, crisp and peaceful...it just captures a winter feel so perfectly. That mixed with these insanely mesmerizing vocals?!?! :o Whew! <~~ but that's a whole other thread. :D;) I mean really though.... how extra gorgeous is it this time of year?? :o

{{{HAIL HAIL the MIGHTY Stoney G}}}

Words&Music alike, the PIMP hits another home run!!!!!

~~~::STRANGEST TRIBE::~~~

it's five below in evidence
    the winded eves and sideways snow
    his eminence has yet to show
    follow the ageless tide
    follow the angled light
    follow the strangest tribe
    i... i... i...
    it's 6:00 AM...you're waiting for...
    you've had your feast...you're wanting more
    follow the wayward mile
    follow the distant high
    i... i... i...
    follow the ancient stripe
    follow the angels try
    i... i... i...
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    Hi, everybody I'm new here,now I regret the dumb user name.I realize that there are more recent Stone-related posts but this is where I wanted to make my debut!
    I like all the guys in the band but I guess Stone is my fave(blushing.) I love all his riffs and I think he's a remarkably talented songwriter.So I just wanted to spread some more love. I've been reading this board obsessively for months. Now I don't feel like some kind of voyeur anymore.

OH this is one HELL of a first post!! Hell yes! Welcome ScreamingLemur (lemurs ROCK btw. ;) Don't be ashamed. :p ) Anyways...this is such a great post. So cool of you to make your debut with STONEY LOVE!!! :D That makes me smile. He really is such a remarkable talent. YES! These riffs are the GREATEST!! :D Awww you so know what it's about my friend. You're gonna fit in here quite nicely. Again, GREAT post and I'm so glad you appreciate the gift from above talent that is MR GOSSARD. We need more people like that around these parts and just in general. This man can just NEVER have enough praise. :o

Hope to see you around here more often my fellow Stoney lover. :)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Is anyone sending stoney a christmas card? Find one with a duck playing a guitar, i actually did a google search for a pic of a duck playing guitar, no luck :(
  • I just thought i would give this thread a little bump, its been about two weeks without any love for stone on this forum!!!
    Ive been wondering lately if stone will have his own song on the new album, i know he got all his stuuf out on bayleaf but another stoney song like mankind would be pretty excellent, ive heard rumours that boom has his own song on the album so hopefully stone might be able to get something on it,maybe even a b-side to one of the singles,
  • AliAli Posts: 2,621
    A gracious and lovely bump for Mr. Stone Gossard...well-esteemed and respected in the world of musicians and real people...:)

Happy New Year Stoney and company...all of my love to you,
    duckman...:D

"Nice mouth babe...."
    Gary...Sixteen Candles...:D
    A whisper and a thrill
    A whisper and a chill
    adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
    The 11th Commandment.
    "Whatever"

PETITION TO STOP THE BAN OF SMOKING IN BARS IN THE UNITED STATES....Anyone?
  • AliAli Posts: 2,621
    Ali wrote:
    A gracious and lovely bump for Mr. Stone Gossard...well-esteemed and respected in the world of musicians and real people...:)

Happy New Year Stoney and company...all of my love to you,
    duckman...:D

"Nice mouth babe...."
    Gary...Sixteen Candles...:D
    BY the way Stone & co.,for that,
    "COULD YOU PLEASE SEND ME A COPY OF BAYLEAF?":D
    A whisper and a thrill
    A whisper and a chill
    adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
    The 11th Commandment.
    "Whatever"

PETITION TO STOP THE BAN OF SMOKING IN BARS IN THE UNITED STATES....Anyone?
  • in hiding - best song ever
    "I forgot the F***ing song."
    - Eddie Vedder, San Francisco 7-16-06, after botching Sometimes, the night's opener

http://people.ucsc.edu/~mquery/pics/pujolsFTW.JPG
  • Eddie referring to Stone at Sao Paulo's 1st concert: the boss, the king, the ruler of all of us.

Stone owns the band hehe
  • garypower wrote:
    Is anyone sending stoney a christmas card? Find one with a duck playing a guitar, i actually did a google search for a pic of a duck playing guitar, no luck :(

Hell,I'd send him a valentine but i don't wanna come off like a stalker!
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones
    LOL ScreamingLemur!!! :p That's cute.

in hiding - best song ever

*applauds*

YES! Come on! This song is TOO fuckin amazing. :D This riff?? :eek: "WHaddya think??" I think I'm IN LOVE with one of the GREATEST SONGS EVER WRITTEN AND I THINK YOU ARE TOO FUCKIN AMAZINGLY TALENTED FOR WORDS STONEY G! :D

Eddie referring to Stone at Sao Paulo's 1st concert: the boss, the king, the ruler of all of us.

Stone owns the band hehe

haha. YES!!!!! Just when I think I can't possibly love & respect ED any more. :D hahaha. Love it! And it's true....STONE OWNS. ;)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    everyone knows stone is the brains behind the entire act. its indisputable.

:)
    take your money and your drugs.
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    stone definitly roooocCKS!!!

stone!!! stone!!! stone!!!
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,762
    Seeing Stone sing 'Dont give me no lip' in St. John's this year was a definate highlight of the tour for me. Especially when he described how he "got all sexy" with the cod while he was being 'Screeched in'. Hey if he likes fish-I'm a Pisces.
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Can never go wrong when our hero gets the mic.Absolutely brilliant!! Singing, dancing, and plaid pants...at the same time. Definitely a most memorable PJ moment.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • stone also seemed to have a lot of fun in Ottawa and Philly this year.

i was in the front row in both places and he was smiling a lot and making losts of eye contact. gave me a pick in philly!
    Give way to nature ...
  • acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    I am sure being that this thread is so long someone has discussed this before but, why does he always seem pissed off? I was watching my new Show Box DVD and he looked like he did not want to be there. What do ya think?
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • I am sure being that this thread is so long someone has discussed this before but, why does he always seem pissed off? I was watching my new Show Box DVD and he looked like he did not want to be there. What do ya think?
    Maybe he was having a bad night, Stone always looks like hes having fun even when things go wrong like in dublin eddie fell over stones guitar lead and knocked it out while the guitars techs were running around frantically on stage tryin to put the lead in him and eddie just laughed it off,
    ''i think it was just one of those nights where we shouldnt have played that one''
  • barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    He's the best. Period.
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    barcoach wrote:
    He's the best. Period.

I agree to that, times infinity!! :D
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
    You all should take a look at this, it is Stone's top 13 songs, from 10c newsletter. It is a funny read!! :p

http://www.strangesttribe.com/images/gallery/misc/10c13_1.jpg
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • MeddleDeal wrote:
    You all should take a look at this, it is Stone's top 13 songs, from 10c newsletter. It is a funny read!! :p

http://www.strangesttribe.com/images/gallery/misc/10c13_1.jpg

That was cute! Stone's awesome. Glad to see this thread revived.
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones
    yep. I find it funny under Pearl Jam Tribute Bands, he puts CREED :p

This thread MUST NOT die!!

Where are the Stoney fans at?!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Got to generate more Stoney love! Anybody with me? Am I alone in my appreciation of the Duckman?
    Got to generate more Stoney love! Anybody with me? Am I alone in my appreciation of the Duckman?

my friend, you are NOT alone in the appreciation of the Duckman, who waddled his way into all of our hearts :cool:

I will ALWAYS be here to give my love for Stoney Boy! There is no one else in the world like him :D

I dunno why some fans don't give enough love for Stone...w/o him, we would not have Pearl Jam!!

And come on, his solo album, Bayleaf...WOW!!! Hearing this whole album for the first time a few years ago, blew me away!! i think Pigeon is one sexy in your face song:)

'cause, i'm outta here, cause i'm OUT.
    I'm not through sleeping around'

TOTAL pimp!! :cool:
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Yeah "Pigeon" is my favorite,and "Bayleaf" is beautiful...love the sigh. If he's really working on new solo material that's great. Can't get enough of his work. He really is like the 'rock' (or ahem 'Stone'...sorry for the pun) of the band. He holds the groove down while the others take the spotlight. Seems like he's coming out of his shell more lately. He's more confident and that's hot!
    Yeah "Pigeon" is my favorite,and "Bayleaf" is beautiful...love the sigh. If he's really working on new solo material that's great. Can't get enough of his work. He really is like the 'rock' (or ahem 'Stone'...sorry for the pun) of the band. He holds the groove down while the others take the spotlight. Seems like he's coming out of his shell more lately. He's more confident and that's hot!

You are telling me, he is SO hot with him singing, I hope he will sing at the shows I am going to. :D

hehe. you can be cheesy and use puns, b/c they rock!! ;)

Oh yeah, Bayleaf is such a beautiful song, he actually wrote that song for Andy Wood. :( I had the pleasure of seeing Stone doing a solo show in Ballard, WA back in 2004, he did Bayleaf, Every Family, and THIN AIR!! (of course he forgot a verse)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • julischjulisch Posts: 34
    this is my very first post on this forum and i thought it would be only appropriate if i did it on this thread taking into consideration that stone is my absolute favorite in the band, he is an awesome guitarist and lyricist (i love of the girl and mankind), he has the best fashion style and the cutest smile (although i miss the long hair).
    i hope i'll be able to see him live soon.
    lots of love.
    -
    "And I listen for the voice inside my head. Nothing. I'll do this one myself."
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    Stone!!! <333333333333333...~

:)
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Lovely Stone!
    Great Stone!
    STONE, what a genius! ;)
    hahahahhahahahahaha