Options

Love for Stone Gossard Thread

Comments

• Options
    Yesterday i saw the Pinkpop 92 version of Porch. It has Stone dancing and jumping around on stage (with the long hair :D)! It's a great clip....!!!
    Just thought i'd share that with you... :)
    To the universe, I don't mean a thing, but there is just one word I still believe and it's .....LOVE!

Proud EVENFLOW PSYCHO member #0021.....WWWWAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Amsterdam '96, Arnhem '06, Antwerpen '06, Dusseldorf '07, Nijmegen '07 and Werchter '07
  • Options
    To the universe, I don't mean a thing, but there is just one word I still believe and it's .....LOVE!

Amsterdam '96, Arnhem '06, Antwerpen '06, Dusseldorf '07, Nijmegen '07 and Werchter '07
  • Options
    this is my 100th post, and i was thinking as i posted the first one here i would do the same with all the round numbers from now on.

let me show you the reason why i love stoney (besides him being an excellent musician of course):

http://www.geocities.com/tg_images/ten44.jpg
    http://www.geocities.com/tg_images/dressed2kill.JPEG
    http://www.geocities.com/tg_images/GRStone.jpg
    http://www.strangesttribe.com/images/gallery/90-92/poolside.jpg
    http://www.strangesttribe.com/images/gallery/00-04/shoes.jpg
    http://www.strangesttribe.com/images/gallery/96-97/thumbsup2.jpg

he-he
    :D
    -
    "And I listen for the voice inside my head. Nothing. I'll do this one myself."
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    YES I am mine! That is one of the greatest performances/shows! Seriously!! Daaamn! Back in the day where they all did laps around the stage. :p Total lunatics. Ahhh it's sooo awesome. :D Stoney is indeed going NUTS!!!!! SUCH a kick ass performance. I'll just have to keep most of my Ed comments to myself (:eek: WOOOWZA!) but I will say this, intense...as...hell. Gives me chills! And YESSS! When he goes out into the crowd???*more chills* This performance RULES! Awesome that they have it on YouTube! Good call posting this. Thanks! Anyone that hasn't seen it is IN FOR IT. Speaking of crazy Stoney...I really having a feeling he's gonna bust out even more moves this tour. Each year he has been getting progressively more funktafied and letting loose like never before. The duck is seriously gonna be LOOSE in '06 . :D I feel it!

haha...yay julisch! What an awesome way to celebrate your 100th post. :) Great selection of pics there. Oh StoneyG...how we love thee...let us count the STYLES. hehe. :p

This one never fails in making me completely laugh out loud~~>

:eek:

LOL!!!!@!@#@#$$@$#

Ahhh Stoney! Love ya!
    Can't wait to be in the prescene of the duck gone wild in this blessed, magical year that is '06. :D
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:

This one never fails in making me completely laugh out loud~~>

:eek:

hahahaha so cool! :cool:
    I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stoney G.

http://www.myspace.com/ozbeachbum

7/11/06 - Sydney 1
    18/11/06 - Sydney 3
    19/11/06 - Newcastle Baby!
  • Options
    I've always liked this quote from Eddie... don't know from which show it is tho...:

"The only fuckin reason you guys chant my name is cuz I'm the only guy in the band whose name has two syllables. We call Stone 'Stoney.' You could chant that ... Stoney, Stoney!!"

:D:D

• Options
    *cough*cough*BUMP*cough*cough*
  • Options
    GIDDYUP Stoney-Ponies! I think some are taking a break from the board. I don't blame 'em. They'll prolly be back when we get some news.
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Go Stoney Go!
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Since the New album and Tour are almost here I felt it was time to bring the love for Stone back.So here you go!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    julischjulisch Posts: 34
    Lots of love to the GLASSLESS Stoney!
    -
    "And I listen for the voice inside my head. Nothing. I'll do this one myself."
  • Options
    wohoo new stone song, parachutes, sounds good already and i havent even heard the song.
  • Options
    he is cool although very shy

i met him 2 times when he was in philly for the brad show, i saw him talking on the phone to his mommy then him and regan hagar hung out with me and my wifey and stone was very shy
    the night of the show he took a walk out of the tla and headed towards us down south street and hee looked scared he chatted for a lil and jetted
    in the show he rawked sat right in front of him with some other board members and had a great time
    stone is into his music
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    frank_blackfrank_black Posts: 156
    i've said it before, i'll say it again:

BRIDGE BABY BRIDGE!
  • Options
    BETTER PONY UP!!! *chills* Heck yeah...I'm ready to SPREAD THAT STONEY LOVE directly to the source. :D WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!! The time has come. :D

And how ((in love)) are we all with WORLDWIDE SUICIDE?? Holy shit what a kick ass, super catchy song. I can't stop listening!! As soon as I heard it I thought, "Stoney? Is that you? This is a riff that instantly has me HOOKED, a riff that has me possessed and forced to sway, a riff that has attached itself to me....a SUPER CATCHY, ROCKIN RIFF! This MUST be you." Yep...check our man out. :cool: Don't it make ya? :)HE DOES THIS TIME AND TIME AGAIN PEOPLE! Can you believe this dude?!?:eek: *bows down repeatedly to the mighty G*

i saw him talking on the phone to his mommy

Ummm, that is just too fuckin adorable. I can't even begin to deal with all that. :D Awww, he is way shy though, it's true...and we love him for it. When he comes outta that shell it's even more intense as a result it seems. He really does get lost in the groove too. I love it.

Hey AMEN garypower!! It's already one of my fav PJ songs. ;) I don't need to hear it, it's guaranteed GOSSARD GOODNESS. :D

YOU ARE THE MAN STONEY!!!
    Can't wait to be reunited. :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    abhi101cruabhi101cru Posts: 223
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:

Awww, he is way shy though, it's true...and we love him for it. When he comes outta that shell it's even more intense as a result it seems. He really does get lost in the groove too. I love it.

I know he doesn't move around on stage all that much anymore...but does that really mean his shy? After some 15 or so years of jamming live, I have trouble believing that he's shy. In the early days, he used to run around like crazy...I dunno, I don't think he's shy...possibly just calmed down quite a bit. If he really were that shy, I doubt he'd sing Mankind, Don't Gimme no Lip, etc. live. I really don't think he's shy...but that's just me.

Anyone else, what is ur take on this?
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette, thinks he'll get the girl he'll only get the mechanic...

Atlantic City: 09/30/05, 10/01/05
  • Options
    NadyaNadya Posts: 8
    Stone is just great! :D
    I love it when he and Eddie are fooling around... like in the "Single Video Theory"... when Eddie said :"I think Stone was the problem... yeah, definitely Stone was the problem! And if I was the problem, i'd certainly would never admit it!" and starts laughing :)
    when they were asked about a lot of time they took to make the album Yield... and were there any problems with anything :)

that thing they're having for years and years... is just ... amasing! They are amasing!
    I let go off the rope thinking that's what held me back
    and in time i've realized it's not wrapped around my neck
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    stone IS shy! Come on, how many times have we seen him over the years when he had the courage to sing?! the last tour, in 2003, he only sang Mankind 3 times people!? Even Stone said he feels like he doesn't have a good singing voice :( Which is NOT true at all!!

Now in 2005, well, he sang don't gimmie no lip, more than he ever sang Mankind. which me and Vedhead27 believe that he is coming out of his shell! :)

Now let's continue w/the Stoney praise and that the Stoney's Ponies are coming to support our little Stoney boy on tour!! :D:D:D:D
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    So I heard that Stone either got married or is about to. Anyone else know? If so CONGRATS if not forget what I just said. COME TO FLA.!!!!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    <~~~ listening to "*PJ ~ Stoney G FAVS" playlist that I made on Itunes ;)

What a gift! :o

Awwww Nadya! Yes! I LOVE all the Single Video Theory goodness. It definitely always brings the smiles. That part is especially hilarious. Classic! OK, now that you mention Single Video Theory I must post one of THE BEST pics of our STONEY.....

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/happystoney.jpg

Awww!!! Don't it make ya? :D Hell yes it does.

And I get what you're saying abhi101cru. I didn't mean to imply that I think STONEY is shy as a whole and always has been. I mainly think he is VERY shy when it comes to fan attention. I remember when I saw Brad back in 2001 I was talking to Shawn and Regan after the show and they were even commenting how Stone is the only one that doesn't come out cuze he's "so shy". :p With Brad (more so) and with PJ, it just seems obvious to me.

As far as his energy on stage...I don't think it's shy so much as a matter of him feeling the music differently. 2003 marked the return of some serious on stage fire for the man if you ask me. Pulling out heeeella funky moves!! :eek: Bouncing, shaking and sliding all over the place! Now, just this past year, that has all been intensified x a million!! :D He for sure has catapulted out on stage into a little funk master dance machine. Yeah he's not doing laps around the stage, but who is? They've all evolved along with the music. I just think it's so cool to see Stone get possessed by the groove. And yes, imo, because he seems so shy with the fans it really does make it that much more enjoyable to witness him getting down. I think after quite a few years he finally has confidence and it's a beautiful thing to see/hear. :D Like Meddle said, he's made lots of comments about disliking his voice. The fact that he sang DON'T GIMME NO LIP as much as he did last year is SOOOO incredible. He's being way more talkitive too. He just seems to be, like everyone else in the band, at such a great place. :) It's beautiful.

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    As far as his energy on stage...I don't think it's shy so much as a matter of him feeling the music differently. 2003 marked the return of some serious on stage fire for the man if you ask me. Pulling out heeeella funky moves!! :eek: Bouncing, shaking and sliding all over the place! Now, just this past year, that has all been intensified x a million!! :D He for sure has catapulted out on stage into a little funk master dance machine. Yeah he's not doing laps around the stage, but who is? They've all evolved along with the music. I just think it's so cool to see Stone get possessed by the groove. And yes, imo, because he seems so shy with the fans it really does make it that much more enjoyable to witness him getting down. I think after quite a few years he finally has confidence and it's a beautiful thing to see/hear. :D Like Meddle said, he's made lots of comments about disliking his voice. The fact that he sang DON'T GIMME NO LIP as much as he did last year is SOOOO incredible. He's being way more talkitive too. He just seems to be, like everyone else in the band, at such a great place. :) It's beautiful.

yeah, I remember that, at the San Antonio show, he wasn't moving as much, but then as the tour progressed, he slowly came out of his shell. :D By the time I saw him in Dallas, him and Eddie were shaking their asses from side to side, I am not kidding!! :p And MSG, I mean, you can't argue w/that! He was moving and getting into it! He wasn't facing the back, he was all around, waving at the audience ;) and smiles galore!!

And Nadya (btw, I LOVE your name hehe) I LOVE that scene too in SVT. Too much goodness ALL around!!!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    abhi101cruabhi101cru Posts: 223
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    stone IS shy! Come on, how many times have we seen him over the years when he had the courage to sing?! the last tour, in 2003, he only sang Mankind 3 times people!? Even Stone said he feels like he doesn't have a good singing voice :( Which is NOT true at all!!

Now in 2005, well, he sang don't gimmie no lip, more than he ever sang Mankind. which me and Vedhead27 believe that he is coming out of his shell! :)

Now let's continue w/the Stoney praise and that the Stoney's Ponies are coming to support our little Stoney boy on tour!! :D:D:D:D

Well...Mike doesn't sing, does that make him shy? I dunno...Stone is such a riffmeister...someone comin up w/ riffs like that cannot possibly be shy...just mellow. Yeah, not shy, mellow!
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette, thinks he'll get the girl he'll only get the mechanic...

Atlantic City: 09/30/05, 10/01/05
  • Options
    abhi101cru wrote:
    Well...Mike doesn't sing, does that make him shy? I dunno...Stone is such a riffmeister...someone comin up w/ riffs like that cannot possibly be shy...just mellow. Yeah, not shy, mellow!

No. that doesn't make Mike shy, that is b/c Mike never sang a song during a Pearl Jam show, Stone, on the other hand, does from time-to-time. :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    Stoney fan from the beginning ... Stoney fan for life!!!! (or longer, if so be it)
  • Options
    What a sweet name too!
  • Options
    Stoney fan from the beginning ... Stoney fan for life!!!! (or longer, if so be it)

YEA!! Welcome aboard the Stoney love fest here :D

the more Stoney love, the BETTER :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    serpent boyserpent boy Virginia Beach Posts: 372
    I haven't posted in this thread yet, so I thought I'd show some love. Stone's the man! He might be the eccentric one in the band, but he writes some kickass songs. "World Wide Suicide" is a rockin' song, and I'm looking forward to the others he wrote on the new CD.
    00: Va Beach, 03: Bristow, 04: Reading, 05: Atlantic City 2x
    06: Camden, Washington DC, 08: Va Beach, Washington DC
    09: Philly 2+3, 10: Bristow, 11: East Troy PJ20 1+2, 13: Baltimore, Charlottesville
  • Options
    I haven't posted in this thread yet, so I thought I'd show some love. Stone's the man! He might be the eccentric one in the band, but he writes some kickass songs. "World Wide Suicide" is a rockin' song, and I'm looking forward to the others he wrote on the new CD.

YEA!! I am glad that you stepped into this thread! :D When Stone writes, he surely writes the BEST songs on the albums. I am eager to find out what the rest of the songs he wrote sounds like..hmmm

and what is the deal w/his solo album?! Stone, we are waiting!!! :D:D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    okay, where are the Stoney fans here?! COME ON! Don't hide you guys!!! :D:D:D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    YEA!! Welcome aboard the Stoney love fest here :D

the more Stoney love, the BETTER :)

Thanks!!!!

So glad to be here!!!

Stone ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!