Options

Love for Stone Gossard Thread

Comments

• Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    You are telling me, he is SO hot with him singing, I hope he will sing at the shows I am going to. :D

hehe. you can be cheesy and use puns, b/c they rock!! ;)

Oh yeah, Bayleaf is such a beautiful song, he actually wrote that song for Andy Wood. :( I had the pleasure of seeing Stone doing a solo show in Ballard, WA back in 2004, he did Bayleaf, Every Family, and THIN AIR!! (of course he forgot a verse)

Did he really write Bayleaf about Andy? I had no idea. I'm gonna pay careful attention to the lyrics next time I listen to it. And you got to see a solo show? LUCKY!!!
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones
  • Options
    ManimalManimal Posts: 152
    Meet him at a Brad concert, so down to earth.
    DVD: http://db.etree.org/Manimal
    Posters: www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Manimal&view=4
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Did he really write Bayleaf about Andy? I had no idea. I'm gonna pay careful attention to the lyrics next time I listen to it. And you got to see a solo show? LUCKY!!!

If you check out Kevin Wood's site (Andy's brother),

http://www.wammybox.com/pag/dvd.htm

And see the Loverock Celebrayshun DVD section, there is Bayleaf and Crown of Thorns. Stone introduces the song and tells the orgins behind it. It is something everyone should check out.:) Very touching.
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    julischjulisch Posts: 34
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    Stone introduces the song and tells the orgins behind it. It is something everyone should check out.:) Very touching.

what's he saying? i can't really get him.
    -
    "And I listen for the voice inside my head. Nothing. I'll do this one myself."
  • Options
    He was saying something along the line when he was writing Bayleaf, he had Andy in mind and this song was about him. That is why everyone is clapping for that. I forgot what else he said, but I have to look at it again.

and what is the deal about people complaining about Brad?! I mean, yeah, we want new Pearl Jam, but damn, Brad stuff needs to get out too ya know. gee :rolleyes:
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    and what is the deal about people complaining about Brad?! I mean, yeah, we want new Pearl Jam, but damn, Brad stuff needs to get out too ya know. gee :rolleyes:

yeah, brad is nothing short than great music with lots of soul, just like PJ, only they take a different approach.... which is pretty cool!
    If I get a new PJ album and a new Brad album this year, I'll be a happy mofo.
    cheers to Stone, with PJ or Brad, he simply rocks da house!!!
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    barcoach wrote:
    yeah, brad is nothing short than great music with lots of soul, just like PJ, only they take a different approach.... which is pretty cool!
    If I get a new PJ album and a new Brad album this year, I'll be a happy mofo.
    cheers to Stone, with PJ or Brad, he simply rocks da house!!!

yeah I agree. They are different styles of music, and I love them both, and now, if we can get a Stone solo album, I would die!! :D

3x the Stoney Goodness!! :cool:
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    BUMP for the DuckMan :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    LOL, I knew you would bump it my pixie girl :D
    "sounds like pearl jam just had a three song orgasm."~~vacatetheword
  • Options
    Stone's wah on the '05 tour was nice...leading me to think the new album is swimming in funky, wah-laden grooves.

one can only hope.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Options
    *crazy person shoots at Stone*

*i push Stone out of the way*

*i get shot*

*Stone survives*

*after month long coma, i live in a constant vegetative state*

TOTALLY WORTH IT
    I LOVE STONE!!!!!!!! :D
    (id do the same for any of the guys... except Boom... youre on your own bud)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    stone drinks out of plastic solo cups...

here's to quacking it up in 06!
    "Let's go! Fuck this fuckin' chocolate factory," EV 7/12/03, Hershey Park, PA
  • Options
    Toywoman wrote:
    LOL, I knew you would bump it my pixie girl :D

You KNOW it C!;) It would either be me or Lydia bumping this LOVELY thread. :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Gonna wear plaid pants at my next show whenever that maybe. So damn cool, or would that be stealing his thing. (like wearing slashs' hat)
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    AliAli Posts: 2,621
    Stone is hot.

gotta get into character.writing a play about groupies.

:D
    A whisper and a thrill
    A whisper and a chill
    adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
    The 11th Commandment.
    "Whatever"

PETITION TO STOP THE BAN OF SMOKING IN BARS IN THE UNITED STATES....Anyone?
  • Options
    Gonna wear plaid pants at my next show whenever that maybe. So damn cool, or would that be stealing his thing. (like wearing slashs' hat)

yeah that is what I was thinking for the next tour. But first, I NEED to get some plaid pants!!

PLAID PANTS in '06!! :D

Hell man, Mikey stole his style..i mean, i love Mike and all, but dude, stop stealing styles from Stoney! First the plaid pants, and NOW the glasses.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    LOL sgossard3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT! :D

MeddleDeal wrote:
    You KNOW it C!;) It would either be me or Lydia bumping this LOVELY thread. :)

hehe. This is true. And it's comforting knowing when one of us is away the other one is BUMPING for 2. ;):D

and HA!!!!! I'm telling you....Mikey~~> the PLAID & GLASSES!!!!!:eek: What the? YEP!! Hey, we ALL wish we could be as COOL :cool: as Stoney G....even his band members wish the same thing. No one is immune to this. ;) However, as much as others may try....no one can duplicate the natural coolness that oozes from our riff-master. :D

The greatness of this man will forever continue to leave us in awe.

I just can't resist posting this (probably for the 2nd time in here :p ).....

"you know I just wanna say.... I didn't notice - you looked really good backstage tonight but in the light..those pants REEALLY look good in the light. Stone Gossard!" *crowd cheers* , "Really ya know, it's great to be in a band where you're just in awe of the other members...on so many levels. It's true." ~EV on SG rockin the P-L-A-I-D

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/T1138579259.jpg

:eek: :eek: :D

LOL!!@!!#!%#$ Ahhhahaha that picture never fails!
    What a little goof! :p

((((STONEY LOVE)))))

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    here's to our great facial contortionist
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    Gotta love the faces he makes. He's a funny guy,and smart as a whip. Oh yeah, and an incredibly gifted musician. Gee, it's almost as if he's...perfect. Haha. OK, so nobody's perfect, but anyone who can look that cool in plaid pants is extraordinary.
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,854
    more mankind in 06!
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    prljam85prljam85 Posts: 227
    stone is the man, as much as mike is underrated as a guitarist stone is even more underrated. it sucks because stone is so damn good and he doesnt get much credit outside of here.
  • Options
    prljam85 wrote:
    stone is the man, as much as mike is underrated as a guitarist stone is even more underrated. it sucks because stone is so damn good and he doesnt get much credit outside of here.

THANK YOU! Compared to Stoney..... Mikey is far, far, FAR from underrated. And when it comes to live shows? :eek: Oooh wow...fahgeeeeet about it. :rolleyes: I think people often forget that there are 2 guitarist in Pearl Jam...even around "here". Perhaps I'm just too sensitive when it comes to the subject. :p Really though, we all know why the mighty McCready stands out, BUT..... Stoney G is the man behind the scenes, making all your dreams of perfect PJ songs COME TRUE. I actually really enjoy him at live shows too. Over the course of the past few tours he has opened up and let loose soooo much more. His style and approach is way different all around and even though he isn't claiming the spotlight by that approach, it does NOT mean he's not worthy of it. And yeah...the rest of PJ ain't got NOTHING on these dance moves. :D haha.

The man surely does not get enough credit. I praise him every chance I get. He's seriously at the core of this band and the musical mastermind behind countless masterpieces. He always writes beautiful, rockin, catchy, groovy, hooky "rhythmic" riffs "that butt up against each other in a cool way" ...riffs that stick to us like glue. Not only that, but he does it time and time again. :eek: The talent here is UNSTOPPABLE, UNDENIABLE and frickin UNBELIEVABLE! The man is beyond humble about his insane gift too.

haha ScreamingLemur...hey it's true though. :D And yeah, anyone that can rock plaid all like this??? I mean come on. PIMP!

1STmammal2wearPants....YES!! LET'S DO IT! I'm sooooooo thrilled Don't Gimme No Lip was busted out in '05 and that Stoney was behind the mic so often :D!!!...but let's get some MANKIND up in the mix too. PLAY THEM BOTH! Come on Stoney! '05 was just a warm up I'm thinkin. ;)

~~~>MANKIND [&] DON'T GIMME NO LIP in '06

SING IT UP TO THE MAX STONEY!!!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    julisch wrote:
    this is my very first post on this forum and i thought it would be only appropriate if i did it on this thread taking into consideration that stone is my absolute favorite in the band, he is an awesome guitarist and lyricist (i love of the girl and mankind), he has the best fashion style and the cutest smile (although i miss the long hair).
    i hope i'll be able to see him live soon.
    lots of love.

*sigh* And yet another person that choose STONEY LOVE as their very first post. This is just sooooo beautiful. Right the hell on julisch & welcome! :)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    Bumpity Bump for Stone
  • Options
    yeah ... gotta bump this to keep the love for stone alive.
    Give way to nature ...
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/T1138579259.jpg

:eek: :eek: :D

LOL!!@!!#!%#$ Ahhhahaha that picture never fails!
    What a little goof! :p

((((STONEY LOVE)))))

don't you see, he is modeling the latest fashion hehehe ;)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    I love Stone ('nuff said ;) )
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Boston1 2004
    Ottowa 2005
    Boston 1&2 2006
    Mansfield 1&2 2008
    Vedder Leg2-Boston 1&2 2008
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    dude we've all heard it about stone... hes a fuckin champ, but i just wished he cranked the volume especially in do the evolution and corduroy... ure a champ though for starting pearl jam, and a champ for do the evolution and alive and well... allright ill say it... the shorts!!!
    "a wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw, delivered him wings said look at me now"
    we've all been given wings to fly, now all we have to do is soar
  • Options
    Showing love for Mark Arm:

Pearl Jam will do whatever Mark Arm asks us to do. We believe that
    Mark Arm might very well have a direct connection with God and seems
    to have insight that could only be described as divine (read Mudhoney
    lyrics) and if he feels that its is an important election (war,
    environment, social justice, and integration) we will heed his call.
    --STONE GOSSARD, PEARL JAM

gotta love the duckman's loyalities:)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~