mastodon is the fucking shit my brothers!!!!!

Comments

• glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    if they rock out mastodon style - i guess i would. :eek:
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
    i feel the urgent need to mention that hearts alive is the most massive song ever. really.

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
    bump

so apparently lars ulrich wants a 2nd take at his career after hearing Bränn Dailor strutting his stuff. :cool:

• Loards of blood and thunder
    "the best place to be is right in front in the pit but it's like a Iraqi jail down there." -Mushmouthmatt
  • sickwilliesickwillie Posts: 178
    Must give love to the old school Mastodon. I cannot let this thread continue without mentioning "Where Strides the Behemoth". Vicious, vicious shit.
    "We've done really well with teenage death songs." -EV
    this is the most important thread ever.

• larslars Posts: 524
    metallica = pearl jam
    mastodon = creed
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
    lars wrote:
    metallica = pearl jam
    mastodon = creed

well in that case i guess creed >>>> pearl jam

• absolute garbage music for daft yanks.
    absolute garbage music for daft yanks.

i don't think we're going to be friends. no sir.

• glasshouse wrote:
    i don't think we're going to be friends. no sir.

Don't worry, i hate people that like gay metal
    Don't worry, i hate people that like gay metal

lol. what metal you into? cannibal corpse? lol

• glasshouse wrote:
    lol. what metal you into? cannibal corpse? lol

I hate all heavy metal.
    I hate all heavy metal.

okydokey

• larslars Posts: 524
    Cannibal Corpse is cool, especially in Ace Ventura
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
    read moby dick while listening to leviathan

do it

mastadon

you heard me

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    I have shaken hands with them all and i got this:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/9756/s7000583cl4.jpg
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I BrisK I wrote:

cool.

They all seem like nice guys i met Brett before a show and he was on his way to gettin fucking drunk but seemed like a cool guy.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    I BrisK I wrote:

fuckin awesome mate

ok, so I’ve been listening to leviathan while reading Moby Dick. I’ve trouble deciding which I prefer: the music or the literature. good times.

I’m sure captain Ahab would have fucking loved the Mastodon. :cool:
    as would Herman Melville

• Mastodon the definitely the shit.

Blood Mountain is their best and one of the best metal albums ever.

Leviathan is awesome too.

Having a hard time getting into Remission...
    Blood Mountain is their best and one of the best metal albums ever.
    Leviathan is awesome too.
    Having a hard time getting into Remission...

i think leviathan > blood mountain. close though.
    listening to remission right now....

"break your backs and crack your oars men"

blood and thunder

**head bangs viciously**

bring it down with hearts alive :cool:

• high on fire destroys mastodon. i'll take skull crushing primal power grooves over warp speed billion note drum fills any day. nothing against mastodon, but high on fire seriously kills em.

http://www.myspace.com/highonfireslays
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    high on fire destroys mastodon. i'll take skull crushing primal power grooves over warp speed billion note drum fills any day. nothing against mastodon, but high on fire seriously kills em.

http://www.myspace.com/highonfireslays

I actually love both bands and i like mastodon a bit more.

I missed it when they toured together a few years ago that would have been a KILLER SHOW!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    bump

• OdinOdin Posts: 599
    lars wrote:
    mastodon just need a decent frontman and some better tunes...they have potential but they just not the next big metal thing, so get your hands down boy

Lars, I am disappointed with you. Usually, your opinions on rock music are spot-on. The signing isn't incredible but is still way better than screaming, which is what many metal bands resort to for their vocals. I would listen to a lot more metal if more bands sang instead of doing their cookie monster impression on every track.