mastodon is the fucking shit my brothers!!!!!

Comments

• glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    dude, me and some friends decided that the "BREAK YOUR BACKS AND CRACK YOUR OARS MEN IF YOU WISH TO PREVAILLLLLLLL" is the most epic part of any song ever
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
    blood and thunder

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
    push this you tools

push this you tools

push this you tools

• bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
    glasshouse wrote:
    push this you tools

Hey glasshouse, it seems you're really fucking into this shit. Would you choose Mastodon over jesus fucking christ?
    bestsane wrote:
    Hey glasshouse, it seems you're really fucking into this shit. Would you choose Mastodon over jesus fucking christ?

hey dude, that's not nice.the answer is no.

glasshouse wrote:
    hey dude, that's not nice.the answer is no.

Yeah I know. That's what I call the fanaticity test. The fact is that I want some more MASTODON!!!!!
    bestsane wrote:
    The fact is that I want some more MASTODON!!!!!

now that i can live with brother. spin some hearts alive and thank me later

sweetass caroline

and the fact that leviathan in its entirety is based upon Herman Melville's 1851 classic novel "Moby Dick"- the greatest novel ever written by an American, makes it even more awesome.

• BeavBeav Posts: 223
    lars wrote:
    He´s a faster, more diverse, and generally speaking a more technical advanced drummer than the guy from mastodon....heck I don´t even know his name so how good can he be. I´ll bet if you walk down the street and ask 100 people there would be more people who know of lars ulrich than mastodons drummer.

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA HAHAHA!!!! HAHAH!!! hehehe... he. Oh man that was funny. And the asking 100 people thing relates in no way to the amount of skill either drummer has. I guarantee there's a whole mess of drummers better than both these guys that none of us have heard of.
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
    Beav wrote:
    HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA HAHAHA!!!! HAHAH!!! hehehe... he. Oh man that was funny. And the asking 100 people thing relates in no way to the amount of skill either drummer has. I guarantee there's a whole mess of drummers better than both these guys that none of us have heard of.

maybe...but the fact remains: Brann Dailor is the shit. i don't care if you think your nephew may be a better drummer.

• Theres an extreme lack of trivium talk here since people are mentioning all these excellent metal bands, Trivium are the best metal band to come out of britain since maiden, Mastodon and trivium are 2 kick ass bands to see live! Changin the face of metal and puttin all these shit wannabe metal bands back in theyr place
  • BeavBeav Posts: 223
    glasshouse wrote:
    maybe...but the fact remains: Brann Dailor is the shit. i don't care if you think your nephew may be a better drummer.

Oh yeah.. I forgot to mention that I do think Brann is an awesome drummer. I thought it was very amusing that someone could think that Lars is better.
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
    Beav wrote:
    Oh yeah.. I forgot to mention that I do think Brann is an awesome drummer. I thought it was very amusing that someone could think that Lars is better.

touche

apparently Mastodon will be presenting next year's Oscars. they'll perform and then everybody will go home. apparently they’ll be receiving all the oscars for being harder than Achilles’ dick and cooler than Johnny Depp

• larslars Posts: 524
    Beav wrote:
    Mastodon open for metallica not the other way around....Lars Ulrich is better, way better. Brandy would have trouble playing "one"....he would fuck up constantly.
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
    lars wrote:
    Mastodon open for metallica not the other way around....Lars Ulrich is better, way better. Brandy would have trouble playing "one"....he would fuck up constantly.

dude, seriously, stop sucking sooo much.

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    lars wrote:

at least he could do the doulbe bass drum bit probably... lars didn't even bother do it last year and Wembley he fucked it up.
    I BrisK I wrote:
    at least he could do the doulbe bass drum bit probably... lars didn't even bother do it last year and Wembley he fucked it up.
    no the double drum bit is supposed to be like that....mastodon fans are just not used to such a diverse drum rhythm
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    lars wrote:
    no the double drum bit is supposed to be like that....mastodon fans are just not used to such a diverse drum rhythm

i dont listen to mastodon.. but ive seen them live a few times and i know they gig ass

no it was very very slow and behind the beat... he obviously is getting is getting old....

i like lars dude.. i love how he walks out of the drums all the time and i dont know if its deliberate but his bass drumming is cool.. it seems very random which gives a good effect

but the mastodon drummer is technically better.. waaay faster and has the stamina.. just looks like lars is getting on a bit
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Brann seemed to have orion down pretty good when they played it. :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    i'm just finishing "to kill a mockingbird", then i'm going to devour "moby dick" while relentlessly listening to leviathan digesting every letter, every word, every sentence.

i think i might just win a nobel prize for that right there

I still think metallica is better than mastodon
  • lars wrote:
    I still think metallica is better than mastodon

Metallica are a better band but touring nowadays mastodon can blow any audience away, iv seen metallica twice but right now i would pick a mostodon gig over metallica, and lars is losing it,theres so many better drummers out there, I would kill to see trivium and mastodon tour together!
    hey man,

your participation in this thread is not up to scratch. common now.

remember

"if it is to be, it is up to me"

glasshouse wrote:
    hey man,

your participation in this thread is not up to scratch. common now.

remember

"if it is to be, it is up to me"

You mean me?
    bestsane wrote:
    You mean me?

no mate, your participation an input in this thread is second only to mine. good sailing sailor

Hey mate, would you listen to Mastodon if they're planning to do a heavy metal love song on their next album?