Pete Doherty

124»

Comments

• stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Going to see them in December, looking forward to it.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    stu gee wrote:
    Going to see them in December, looking forward to it.

thats if they turn up
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    thats if they turn up

Well obviously.

They've turned up for the three gigs ive seen of theirs in the past.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    dunkman wrote:
    i cant watch it at work but is it Donughty rhyming the words 'spoon' and 'moon' whilst teenagers wank onto his doorstep?

nope, it's Doherty ;)
    dunkman wrote:
    i cant watch it at work but is it Donughty rhyming the words 'spoon' and 'moon' whilst teenagers wank onto his doorstep?

You could say the same thing about any person who writes lyrics when bashing them. From what i gather, most lyricists try and incorporate rhyming into the words that they write, i just happen to prefer the way Pete Doherty does it to most other song writers out there. If Eddie Vedder had written the words perhaps it would be you wanking onto his doorstep.
  • smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    wannabee junkie scum,have you ever seen a fat smack head????
    thats why is his so fucking sad,hes pretending to look like junkie.Couldnt care less about his music also.
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • AngusAngus Posts: 376
    love the last few pages guys. some realy intelligent conversation.

RM come back :(
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    talk about being shitted to tears.

for the record i'm with stugee. what doherty does when he's not singing is not my concern. he can live, he can die. it's not gonna change my opinion about his music. i like what he does so i listen. i certainly don't listen to him cause he's a skanky junkhead. that is not my business.

when i saw the libertines a few years back, doherty wasn't in the band. they were flat that night and i know the reason was cause doherty was somewhere drying out.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • icarus wrote:
    well at least pete is in the best state he's been in in almost a decade.

You mean, before he started making records? There's hope for us yet, then. :cool:
    Over the years he has rightfully gained a reputation for not turning up for shows but to be honest, they've played more gigs in Glasgow in the past couple years than most bands at the same level, and if you live in London it is not unlikely you can catch them at local pubs and taverns. Not many bands will do this and makes them far more accessible. They played a show at the Barfly in Glasgow on Sunday for 200 people, i only found out about it a few days before so couldnt get tickets.
  • stu gee wrote:
    Over the years he has rightfully gained a reputation for not turning up for shows but to be honest, they've played more gigs in Glasgow in the past couple years than most bands at the same level, and if you live in London it is not unlikely you can catch them at local pubs and taverns. Not many bands will do this and makes them far more accessible. They played a show at the Barfly in Glasgow on Sunday for 200 people, i only found out about it a few days before so couldnt get tickets.

I bet the guerilla gigging is frustrating. i.e. "Fuck I was in the pub round the corner", but I suppose it's balanced by the frequency of touring.
    They are playing again at the SECC in December and i have a ticket for that if i want to go, im not sure about work commitments though. I really want to as its great hearing the new stuff, ive only seen them once since they brought out all their new material. If i see them in December it will be the 4th time in about 18 months i think.
  • AngusAngus Posts: 376
    I bet the guerilla gigging is frustrating. i.e. "Fuck I was in the pub round the corner", but I suppose it's balanced by the frequency of touring.

Well, I've often seen posts on the Babyshambles forum by Pete "I'll be playing that pub tonight". So it's not like it was impossible to know.
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
    Yeah he posts on one of the Babyshambles official forums, and ive seen Drew and Adam posting updates about where they are playing. This most recent Glasgow gig was part of the Mtv2 Gonzo tour, so it was probably well advertised, i just missed it. Heard from a few people that they were trying to buy tickets from touts outside the gig on Sunday and met Mik the guitarist as he was making his way from the tour bus. He told them to forget the touts and put them on the guestlist for free entry. Pretty cool.