Pete Doherty

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited October 2007 in Other Music
i couldnt find a 'useless fuckhead' forum so i've posted it in 'other music'

anyone else hoping this guy tries to pretend he's a cloud sometime soon?
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• If he did that, then we'd never see the last of him. He'd be on the cover of the Daily Express, instead of Diana, every day for the next ten years.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    whats the fascination with the guy... i once got stopped in a pub and asked if i liked The Libertines by this teenager and when i said no he went fucking mental at me... started ranting about how he was the spokesman for his generation... i rubbed lemon in his eyes to shut him up :)

true story that... apart from the lemon bit :o ... however i did punch him on the thorax
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    even the thought of him bores me to tears.

I know nothing of him except that he's Kate Moss' on-off-on-off-on-off-it-never-ends-on-off -boyfriend. :rolleyes:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    dunkman wrote:
    whats the fascination with the guy... i once got stopped in a pub and asked if i liked The Libertines by this teenager and when i said no he went fucking mental at me... started ranting about how he was the spokesman for his generation... i rubbed lemon in his eyes to shut him up :)

true story that... apart from the lemon bit :o ... however i did punch him on the thorax
    Good work. I hope you trapped his nuts in a vice grip aswell.
    Pete Doherty is the biggest waste of space since....I actually can't think of anyone in history who's been a bigger waste of space.
    Spokesman for a generation my arse, unless of course my entire generation are talentless smackheads with the intellect of a jugged walrus and all the social graces of a potty.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
    ..... unless of course my entire generation are talentless smackheads with the intellect of a jugged walrus and all the social graces of a potty.

that was very Blackadderian in its sarcasm... was it Blackadder? not the smackheads bit but the rest?

and doesnt Doherty always look filthy.. Kate Moss is filthy but in a good way... like in a bend me over and do it way... he just looks like hes cleaned an elephants rectum with a toothbrush
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    dunkman wrote:
    that was very Blackadderian in its sarcasm... was it Blackadder? not the smackheads bit but the rest?

and doesnt Doherty always look filthy.. Kate Moss is filthy but in a good way... like in a bend me over and do it way... he just looks like hes cleaned an elephants rectum with a toothbrush
    Indeed it was Blackadder. 3rd to be precise - Edmund describing the Prince.
    And you're spot on with your descriptions there Dunky.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    He's probably my favourite lyricist after Dylan. His lyrics are far easier to relate to FOR ME than any modern day writer ive heard.

I see Dunkman up there saying someone got upset when he said he didnt like them, but i seem to encounter an awful lot of people who get very upset when i say that im a big fan as well. See if i dont like a band or a musician, i tend not to talk about them, its boring hearing people whining about Pete Doherty all the time. I think the guy is a bit of a prick because of his antics but i love all the work that he has produced, and the most recent stuff which is to go on the new album is amazing. Another thing i admire about what The Libs and Babyshambles have done is kept accessible by playing smaller venues, even nowadays when they are gearing up for an arena tour, they play tiny pubs and bars.

If you dont like a band's music then fair enough, but the amount of people who talk of their dislike for Pete Doherty and anything he has done, and then come out and say they arent actually familar with any of his work makes me laugh. "I hate Pete Doherty, he's just a junkie." Away and go through your record collection and throw away everything by artists who have messed with drugs and you will notice a lot of space.

Once again, im not defending his own personal actions, and i think he is a bit of an arsehole, but there are so many fucking hypocrits out there who need a reality check, and who should perhaps try and comprehend that what they hear as rubbish, is what i am inspired and impressed by. I know that's difficult for some people to deal with.

Sorry if this is a big rant but im sick to death of hearing people criticising someone i really admire for their song writing ability.

One of my favourite songs ever written, by Pete Doherty and Wolfman

For Lovers http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oLY0eUtVlXo&mode=related&search=
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Pete´s cool....you´re jealous
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
    eMMI wrote:
    even the thought of him bores me to tears.

I know nothing of him except that he's Kate Moss' on-off-on-off-on-off-it-never-ends-on-off -boyfriend. :rolleyes:

Not to be rude to you emmi, but i think this post illustrates my point perfectly.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
    stu gee wrote:
    He's probably my favourite lyricist after Dylan. His lyrics are far easier to relate to FOR ME than any modern day writer ive heard.

I see Dunkman up there saying someone got upset when he said he didnt like them, but i seem to encounter an awful lot of people who get very upset when i say that im a big fan as well. See if i dont like a band or a musician, i tend not to talk about them, its boring hearing people whining about Pete Doherty all the time. I think the guy is a bit of a prick because of his antics but i love all the work that he has produced, and the most recent stuff which is to go on the new album is amazing. Another thing i admire about what The Libs and Babyshambles have done is kept accessible by playing smaller venues, even nowadays when they are gearing up for an arena tour, they play tiny pubs and bars.

If you dont like a band's music then fair enough, but the amount of people who talk of their dislike for Pete Doherty and anything he has done, and then come out and say they arent actually familar with any of his work makes me laugh. "I hate Pete Doherty, he's just a junkie." Away and go through your record collection and throw away everything by artists who have messed with drugs and you will notice a lot of space.

Once again, im not defending his own personal actions, and i think he is a bit of an arsehole, but there are so many fucking hypocrits out there who need a reality check, and who should perhaps try and comprehend that what they hear as rubbish, is what i am inspired and impressed by. I know that's difficult for some people to deal with.

Sorry if this is a big rant but im sick to death of hearing people criticising someone i really admire for their song writing ability.

One of my favourite songs ever written, by Pete Doherty and Wolfman

For Lovers http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oLY0eUtVlXo&mode=related&search=

i actually dont mind a few of his songs but he's more famous for his antics than his actual talent... like Paris Hilton but with bigger tits... and i criticise him for those antics... i never once slagged off his lyrics or music... just his vacuous drug-fuelled antics and his belief that to engage his creative side he needs to feed it with poppy...
    lars wrote:
    Pete´s cool....you´re jealous

yes, i tend to be jealous of lots of stinky heroin abusers who have no real friends and like to sleep in their own shit... i dream of that life
    stu gee wrote:

whats that got to do with it? i like the Rolling Stones, esp their 70s period when Mick and Keith were junkies... i hate Mick though, always have always will... why should i throw his records out cos he liked to sniff Coke??? the music was awesome... him ah not so much
    dunkman wrote:
    whats that got to do with it? i like the Rolling Stones, esp their 70s period when Mick and Keith were junkies... i hate Mick though, always have always will... why should i throw his records out cos he liked to sniff Coke??? the music was awesome... him ah not so much

I said that because many people i hear critising doherty use his drugs habits as the first way of bashing him.

And i never said YOU slagged off his lyrics or music either, i dont quote anyone in my first post actually.
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Yeah he is a fucking waste of flesh and bone (and i'm being polite) and i mean him not his music or anything.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
    dunkman wrote:

Again, im not trying to be rude here at all man, but surely you should be the one answering what the fascination is with him? You started the thread while you obviously dont appear to like anything about the guy. Im a fan of his music so i know why im interested in him.
    stu gee wrote:
    Again, im not trying to be rude here at all man, but surely you should be the one answering what the fascination is with him? You started the thread while you obviously dont appear to like anything about the guy. Im a fan of his music so i know why im interested in him.

dude, this is hard to understand... i pose a question asking what is the fascination about him and suddenly i have the fascination??? :confused:

that'd be like me starting a thread saying "whats the fascination with the Blackpool" and then just saying its a tacky shithole of a place and why do people go on holiday there and then you come on and saying "you started a thread on it ergo you have the fascination"

question and answer is how it usually works.

i see the fucker got off with it again as usual... Paris Hilton at least got some time for being a crass dolt.. Doherty should've been locked up for carrying drugs again... if he was a man on the street he'd have been done so many times.

this is why i hate the guy... i couldnt give a fuck if he writes the best lyrics since Aristotle wrote his wife a birthday card... the guy needs to buy a batch of pure stuff.. do us all a favour
  • word.
    dunkman wrote:
    yes, i tend to be jealous of lots of stinky heroin abusers who have no real friends and like to sleep in their own shit... i dream of that life
    He´s one of the few living the rock n roll lifestyle you only can dream about....and he´s banging kate moss, not in his dreams like you. Accept it, you´re so jealous it hurts
  • the guy is an irritant. believe me, i can put up with artists being arseholes if their output is worth it, but his isnt.

i can honestly say ive never been a fan and i find all the references to his poetic lyrics quite pretentious. of course he's poetic, the guy isnt on this planet long enough for it to register that he is a loser.
    lars wrote:
    He´s one of the few living the rock n roll lifestyle you only can dream about....and he´s banging kate moss, not in his dreams like you. Accept it, you´re so jealous it hurts

go inject something amigo :)

banging kate moss is akin to banging a white famine victim... i've seen Rice Krispies that are bigger than her tits.

i dont dream of that lifestyle.. i dream of clean women with nice boobies and a sell-out crowd at one of my shows.. so quite the opposite of his lifestyle you see :)
    dunkman wrote:
    go inject something amigo :)

banging kate moss is akin to banging a white famine victim... i've seen Rice Krispies that are bigger than her tits.

i dont dream of that lifestyle.. i dream of clean women with nice boobies and a sell-out crowd at one of my shows.. so quite the opposite of his lifestyle you see :)
    You´re just a plain boring one in a million....and don´t argue against the most popular model....you´re digging your grave
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    lars wrote:

He lives in a caravan!!!!
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
    lars wrote:
    You´re just a plain boring one in a million....and don´t argue against the most popular model....you´re digging your grave

heres a newsflash.. being a druggie isnt cool, no matter who does it... if you wanna be like Pete then go ahead and buy heroin and rid yourself of dignity, money and friendship..

and i'm digging my own grave by slagging off Kate Moss... is she going to kill me for what i said.. how's she going to do that.. pout me to death

you're just being a fanboy... go and camp outside his house or something worthwhile... i warn you though he'll nick your dinner money to buy rizla papers
    dunkman wrote:
    heres a newsflash.. being a druggie isnt cool, no matter who does it... if you wanna be like Pete then go ahead and buy heroin and rid yourself of dignity, money and friendship..

and i'm digging my own grave by slagging off Kate Moss... is she going to kill me for what i said.. how's she going to do that.. pout me to death

you're just being a fanboy... go and camp outside his house or something worthwhile... i warn you though he'll nick your dinner money to buy rizla papers
    Step out of the Christian PJ message pit, flanders.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    dunkman wrote:

Why do I always get the idea that every time you step into a pub in Scotland someones looking for a fight?!
    Seeing Babyshambles playing this song live is one of my most cherished musical memories ever. Sometimes they play a couple of old Libs songs during their live shows and almost always play this.

The Libertines - Time For Heroes http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VwhHdeHJ1Yk

Also love Up the Bracket, two of my most favourite songs in the past 20 years. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=m8lTyYlQ-Wg

I think a lot of people believe his best work is behind him after the libertines but songs like Loyalty Song, Arebours and most recently I Wish have been really special as well.
    lars wrote:
    Step out of the Christian PJ message pit, flanders.

you're so cool... can i lick your biceps? can you inject me with HIV? thanks :)

you've obviously never read many of my posts on here... i'm about as un-PC as they come.

p.s. i hope Doherty dies this weekend
    gabers wrote:
    Why do I always get the idea that every time you step into a pub in Scotland someones looking for a fight?!

face or guts?