Why aren't Rush in the RRHOF

124»

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    even flow? wrote:
    You know us Canucks, we aren't as uppity about the nudity thing as you people are down there. ;)
    Uppity? A problem with nudity?? Since I'm a fan of Rush, that should tell you that I'm a little bit above the norm. :)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    tybird wrote:
    Uppity? A problem with nudity?? Since I'm a fan of Rush, that should tell you that I'm a little bit above the norm. :)

I was just lumping again. :)

For you YYZ fans, it was played last last evening and sounded great.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    even flow? wrote:
    So after last nights show, it appears that nobody from the HOF has ever seen Rush live?

Peart has more drumming ability in his penis then 99% of the drummers in the hall. Geddy stills plays without a pick and makes 98% of the bass players in the hall wish they could play like he does. And Alex has a knack for being able to put together some great chords and licks. Anyway, the fact that Rush are not in the hall just goes to show you that the HOF ain't worth jack shit!

Another reason why I love RUSH is because they're a TRIO. For 3 people they sure can make a lot of beautiful (((((NOISE))))). Like the Police, Nirvana, State Radio and PRONG.

Anyone else know any other TRIOS???

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    Primus....and that other great Canadian trio...Triumph.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    Primus....and that other great Canadian trio...Triumph.

Triumph was a trio? Wow I didn't know that!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    g under p wrote:

Peace

ZZ Top!!! :D

Bee Gees. :p
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • g under p wrote:

Peace

Mission of Burma
    Husker Du
    Liars
    Q and Not U
    Minutemen
    Dinosaur Jr
    Sebadoh
    Violent Femmes
    Yo La Tengo
    Sleater-Kinney
    Jimi Hendrix Experience
    The car's on fire and there's no driver at the wheel
    And the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    g under p wrote:
    Another reason why I love RUSH is because they're a TRIO. For 3 people they sure can make a lot of beautiful (((((NOISE))))). Like the Police, Nirvana, State Radio and PRONG.

Peace

As stated: Primus. And Cream.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    Matt Lukin wrote:
    Mission of Burma
    Husker Du
    Liars
    Q and Not U
    Minutemen
    Dinosaur Jr
    Sebadoh
    Violent Femmes
    Yo La Tengo
    Sleater-Kinney
    Jimi Hendrix Experience

Nice one totally forgot about them!

Peace

Pond
    Nirvana
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    And they have been together so long. And seem to get along pretty good, unlike a lot of bands who fight all the time and break up.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
    mindi wrote:
    And they have been together so long. And seem to get along pretty good, unlike a lot of bands who fight all the time and break up.

http://www.rushbackstage.com/store/assets/images/products/rush/MensApparel/RUGP301001L.jpg
    http://www.rushbackstage.com/store/assets/images/products/rush/MensApparel/RUGP301001A1L.jpg

Today in the mail I just received my g under p t-shirt. As a youth I originally got one for the 1984 Tour only difference it went from a m-xl and no Tour dates on the back. Some knucklehead at the show tried to snatch it from me. I chased him down and he paid the price for sure, he just didn't understand.

I'll wear it with pride.

Peace

• red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Like them or not (and I side on the argument that they're overplayed on commercial radio)...they are an extremely influential band.

Most drummers I talk with almost always cite Neil Peart as an influence.

I've also been told that they have a lot of great albums. Personally, it doesn't click with me, but I can't deny their place in rock history.

PBM

Agreed with everything you have said. Rush just never personally clicked with me, but according to my friend, they are one of those bands that I really have to see live to "get it" as far as their music is concerned. yeah, Neil pert is listed as an influence of probably the majority of drummers out there in bands. I'd say same goes for John Bonham, and Keith Moon.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • I just saw them last night and holy shit. I have never seen such an amazing display of musicianship in my life, anywhere (I've seen Clapton as well as Bill Bruford) and holy shit. SOOOOOOOO tight.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Guster used to be a trio.
    Blink 182
    Green Day used to be.
    VAST
    Eels
    Modest Mouse used to be early on.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • mindi wrote:
    I wonder about this a lot.
    Anyone else?
    'cause they make my ears bleed.
  • chikevin wrote:
    'cause they make my ears bleed.

sorry to hear that.

Something wrong with them? i mean, there must be if you can't appreciate good music.
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    sorry to hear that.

Something wrong with them? i mean, there must be if you can't appreciate good music.
    I think Kevin is just giving me a hard time :D
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    because they suck!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • The RRHoF is overrated.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
    LukinFan wrote:
    because they suck!

Very substantive. Thank you.
  • i guess what i have a hard time getting (even if i didnt like the band) is that they seem to meet a lot of the criteria.

1.) Longevity.
    2.) Mainstream- they still get significant airplay, and even those who dont like them could probably name you 2-3 songs.
    3.) Talented Musicians
    4.) Sing about political issues.
    5.) Experimental Sound
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    But Madonna is :rolleyes:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070928/ap_on_en_mu/music_rock_hall

Here's something Madonna can really celebrate: a nomination to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Madge joins heartland rocker John Mellencamp, the puckish rappers Beastie Boys and premier dance acts Donna Summer and Chic among the nine nominees for the hall. The five leading vote-getters will be inducted in the annual ceremony March 10, 2008, at New York's Waldorf Astoria Hotel.

The other nominees are rap pioneer Afrika Bambaataa, literate songwriter Leonard Cohen, the original British Invasion combo The Dave Clark Five and surf rock instrumentalists The Ventures.

The nominations illustrate how far the Hall of Fame has stretched its definition of rock 'n' roll to incorporate a variety of musical styles.

It's certainly the case with Madonna, the Detroit-area native who burst out of New York dance clubs in the early 1980s with "Holiday" and soon became a pop culture icon. She scored 17 Top 10 hits in the 1980s alone and is due to put out an album next year, working with the likes of Timbaland and Justin Timberlake.

The Beastie Boys molded punk rock and rap into the goofy hit "(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right to Party." They became critical favorites and are still together, releasing an instrumental album this year.

Indiana's own Mellencamp can fill a barrel with rock hits like "Hurts So Good," "Pink Houses" and "R.O.C.K. in the USA." Like Chic and the Dave Clark Five, he's been nominated before without getting into the hall.

Some 500 musicians, industry professionals and journalists vote on the inductions.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    Lizard wrote:
    But Madonna is :rolleyes:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070928/ap_on_en_mu/music_rock_hall

Here's something Madonna can really celebrate: a nomination to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Madge joins heartland rocker John Mellencamp, the puckish rappers Beastie Boys and premier dance acts Donna Summer and Chic among the nine nominees for the hall. The five leading vote-getters will be inducted in the annual ceremony March 10, 2008, at New York's Waldorf Astoria Hotel.

The other nominees are rap pioneer Afrika Bambaataa, literate songwriter Leonard Cohen, the original British Invasion combo The Dave Clark Five and surf rock instrumentalists The Ventures.

The nominations illustrate how far the Hall of Fame has stretched its definition of rock 'n' roll to incorporate a variety of musical styles.

It's certainly the case with Madonna, the Detroit-area native who burst out of New York dance clubs in the early 1980s with "Holiday" and soon became a pop culture icon. She scored 17 Top 10 hits in the 1980s alone and is due to put out an album next year, working with the likes of Timbaland and Justin Timberlake.

The Beastie Boys molded punk rock and rap into the goofy hit "(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right to Party." They became critical favorites and are still together, releasing an instrumental album this year.

Indiana's own Mellencamp can fill a barrel with rock hits like "Hurts So Good," "Pink Houses" and "R.O.C.K. in the USA." Like Chic and the Dave Clark Five, he's been nominated before without getting into the hall.

Some 500 musicians, industry professionals and journalists vote on the inductions.

Madonna deserves to be in. Not John Mellencamp.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • mindi wrote:
    I wonder about this a lot.
    Anyone else?

you shouldn't wonder about it...the reason is simple...they are not and were not good.
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
    you shouldn't wonder about it...the reason is simple...they are not and were not good.

In you opinion they are not good, can you state a few reasons why they're so bad?

Peace