Why aren't Rush in the RRHOF

mindimindi Posts: 1,858
edited August 2007 in Other Music
I wonder about this a lot.
Anyone else?
To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    rrhof? rock and roll hall of fame? theyre not in that? they fucking should be
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    They need to be.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,260
    are they considered a rock band just a ? .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    rrhof? rock and roll hall of fame? theyre not in that? they fucking should be
    Yep Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
    As far as I know they are not in it. Someone please tell me I am wrong, that would make my day!

Most people i know who hate Rush have to admit they are great musicians!
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • cause they suck :-\
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    The Hall of Fame doesn't seem to give much love to prog rock bands. I could be wrong, but I don't think King Crimson is in there either. They defeintiely should be.
  • The RnRHOF sorta blows. Rush should be in, and so should the Meters.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    cause they suck :-\

Like them or not (and I side on the argument that they're overplayed on commercial radio)...they are an extremely influential band.

Most drummers I talk with almost always cite Neil Peart as an influence.

I've also been told that they have a lot of great albums. Personally, it doesn't click with me, but I can't deny their place in rock history.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    cause they suck :-\

and of course we know that you are the true authority on things that suck...
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    They would be a disgrace to the rock and roll hall of fame. Absolutely dreadful band and those screeching woman vocals do not help at all.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    those screeching woman vocals do not help at all.

If that is the criteria, then there should be a recount on Patti Smith. ;)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I think Rush should be a no brainer for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They've achieved both huge critical and commercial success. While I'll admit they're not for everyone, they've achieved much more than some who are already in. I'm going to use my fall back here:

If Percy Sledge got in...
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    There Canadian and we always get dissed lol, no i really think there time will come.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    Rush will definitely be in with time. though people don't like them because they are very different and "proggy" and geddy's voice isn't the best, there is no denying that this band reeeeks with talent. to produce concept albums with such texture, force, and odd lyrics from 3 men is amazing. they also put on a killer show.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    hendrix78 wrote:
    The Hall of Fame doesn't seem to give much love to prog rock bands. I could be wrong, but I don't think King Crimson is in there either. They defeintiely should be.
    No King Crimson.........No Yes.....No Rush.....I don't believe that Genesis or even Peter Gabriel are in the hall........seriously, this is a joke. Part of the reason is the fat poof that runs Rolling Stone hates that type of music, and he pretty much runs the hall now that Ahmet has passed. He was his idea to pass over the Dave Clark Five to get a rap act in the hall.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,334
    I'm pretty sure that AC/DC are not in yet either (correct me if i'm wrong) talk about horse shit... Rush definitely should be in.
    mr bungle wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that AC/DC are not in yet either (correct me if i'm wrong) talk about horse shit... Rush definitely should be in.

It appears that AC/DC were inducted in 2003.

PBM

• Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    It took those idiots almost 20 years to induct Sabbath, but c'mon they inducted Grand Master Flash before Rush, what the fuck
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    I dont know you tell me
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    I can't stand Rush, but I do agree that they deserve to be in the RRHOF. They were inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame a few years back, so at least their own country gave them some props.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Not dead yet ???
    Music is not a competetion.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    kenshunt wrote:
    There Canadian and we always get dissed lol, no i really think there time will come.

Obviously, look at some of the horseshit bands that Canada has given us......Nickelback, Barenaked Ladies, Three Days Grace, RUSH, Sum 41, etc.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    I own and love every fucking Rush album, but I don't care if they ever are put in. Does it really matter? I consider the Hall of Fame meaningless except for the occasional good induction speech. But I'm sure they will be there soon... probably next year.
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    I own and love every fucking Rush album, but I don't care if they ever are put in. Does it really matter? I consider the Hall of Fame meaningless except for the occasional good induction speech. But I'm sure they will be there soon... probably next year.
    I know, in the scheme of life it doesn't mean anything, but in a way it would be cool.

Have you seen their list of the 200 most definitive albums? Only 1 Rush is on there, 2112 and it is #198.
    Creed is #95 who makes these lists up?
    Avril whats her name is higher than Rush WTF???
  • momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    mindi wrote:
    I know, in the scheme of life it doesn't mean anything, but in a way it would be cool.

Have you seen their list of the 200 most definitive albums? Only 1 Rush is on there, 2112 and it is #198.

2112 is awesome. Can not believe that is the only one that made the list. Creed and Avril suck. Rush should be there and will be there some day. I think Genesis pre and post Peter should be there. Yes should there. King Crimson should be there. The Pixies should be there!!!!
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Obviously, look at some of the horseshit bands that Canada has given us......Nickelback, Barenaked Ladies, Three Days Grace, RUSH, Sum 41, etc.
    Rush kicks ass.

The states has some horseshit bands as well.

Plus, Neil Young is from Canada.

Done.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • EPhi1430EPhi1430 Posts: 33
    I might be wrong but I believe that RUSH has more gold records than any other band.
    Thats okay man, cause I love Frogs

Shows:
    7/2/98 8/18/00 8/20/00 8/21/00 4/21/03(Home town) 4/25/00 - cancelled:( 6/19/03 6/22/03 10/2/04 10/6/04
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I've been wondering this stupid question now for about three years. It really angers me knowing they aren't, when they really should be.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    I don't think RUSH gives a SHIT whether or not their in the RRHOF. They're professionals musicians and care only about their style of music and fans like myself that love their music. It's the same thing that they've never been on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine they don't give a damn it's really only a title or a picture. Some bands find that gratifying I believe they don't.

I saw them month or two ago in Palm Beach, FL and Bristoe, VA and they packed the place 25+ thou and this after 30 years of touring. They were honestly the BEST RUSH shows I've seen and I've seen them all except one since g under p.

It's funny though that their first show ever in the US was you guessed it was in Cleve fucking land. Go figure.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    mindi wrote:

see! that's the problem. i don't trust the jackasses that come up with these lists. i don't even trust my own list.