Options

Washington, DC June 22 Pre-show and Fundraiser

Comments

• Options
    blackngoldblackngold Posts: 264
    megpearl wrote:
    I think I might stop by before the show and have a drink with you all. I look forward to meeting more PJ fans around the area! Can't wait for the show.

great. look forward to meeting everyone in June.
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Looking for a single ticket please pm me if you have one. thank you. :)
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    I'll be at the meet-up in spirit! My niece and I will probably make it to the venue right before the show starts, if not a bit after.:) Please introduce yourself to me if you are near me at the concert. I'll be the one with the 11 year old girl who is either dancing popping or air guitaring. She signed up for guitar for her school talent show :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    I am in need of a room-mate for DC.
    I have a room at Phoenix Park hotel for the 21st and 22cnd
    priceline 90$ a night (apparently, i am a priceline namby pamby as i see others got it for 70$ a night :( )
    2 double beds, one is mine, the other could be yours
    PM me if you're interested.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    Spot In The SkySpot In The Sky Posts: 1,175
    I believe today it became official that it is at the Grand Slam sports bar inside the Grand Hyatt on 10th and H St NW. It will definitely be a good time.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    how close is that to the venue?
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    KDH12 wrote:
    how close is that to the venue?

About 3 blocks, the hotel is on 10th and H, the venue is 7th and H.

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    I believe today it became official that it is at the Grand Slam sports bar inside the Grand Hyatt on 10th and H St NW. It will definitely be a good time.

Grand Slam is the place! Thank you Kevin for helping us with this. I definitely owe you a beer.
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    sweet look forward to some pre show drinks.........
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,374
    blackngold wrote:
    Grand Slam is the place! Thank you Kevin for helping us with this. I definitely owe you a beer.

Great! I'll be stopping in and having a few drinks for sure.
  • Options
    excellent. now that we've arrived at a location to rock...this is gonna be a great time.
    let's all thank Kevin (SpotintheSky) and Craig from The Grand Slam for volunteering their bar. Thanks guys.
  • Options
    PittsburghPJPittsburghPJ Posts: 213
    I'll be driving in from Pittsburgh that morning for the show. I don't know the area at all, having never been to DC- is it cool to park somewhere near the Verizon Center and then walk to the bar/show/back to the car?
    YNWA
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    Born.Mine.Die and I will be showing up around 3:30pm that day at the bar, see you all there, people! I'll be the guy in the shirt. Look for me and say hi.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    solracsolrac Posts: 21
    I'll be in town for the concert with my youngest brother (first show for him!). We might stop by after we pick up our tickets if we can do that early in the day. This is the first show I'm going to with fan club tickets. I'm anxiously awaiting the email that says when and where I can pick them up. Can't wait!
    7.18.06 (Finally!)
    6.22.08 (With my little bro!)
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    did we ever determine if this was a 21+ or not?
    if it is, i'll be the one sitting outside with a coffee... say hi :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    did we ever determine if this was a 21+ or not?
    if it is, i'll be the one sitting outside with a coffee... say hi :)
    i'll come join you if it is :)
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Grand Slam? oh, cool....when was that decided? ILL be there , man
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    i'll come join you if it is :)
    woohoo!
    washedinblack91 and doin'the-evolution will host the alternate party in the parking lot for the under agers!
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Don't think you would need to worry about being carded at a hotel bar on a Sunday Afternoon. They usually just ID you if your order from the bar.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    So this shindig is going on in the hotel i just booked! I'll be there for sure!
  • Options
    I'll be driving in from Pittsburgh that morning for the show. I don't know the area at all, having never been to DC- is it cool to park somewhere near the Verizon Center and then walk to the bar/show/back to the car?

This part of town is perfectly safe to park and walk. i'm not exactly sure of prices, but i think event parking is around $20.
  • Options
    BlockheadBlockhead Posts: 1,535
    Me(john) and my wife(heidi) will be there. Can't wait to meet all of you...
  • Options
    cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 234
    For the Pittsburgh parker, at least some if not all the meters in Chinatown are not enforced on Sunday so you can snag a street spot and park for free. Make sure to have your car parked a couple hours before the show. Trying to find a spot in the neighborhood around the time of a show at the phone booth is a pain in the ass.
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimote; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY
  • Options
    PittsburghPJPittsburghPJ Posts: 213
    Thanks guys!
    YNWA
  • Options
    Krisdababe wrote:
    So this shindig is going on in the hotel i just booked! I'll be there for sure!

Heeey- I work at the hotel, thats how I was able to set up the bar being the place- Im one of the rooms division managers so when we get closer to the show- send me a PM and Ill try and hook you up at the hotel.

• Options
    Heeey- I work at the hotel, thats how I was able to set up the bar being the place- Im one of the rooms division managers so when we get closer to the show- send me a PM and Ill try and hook you up at the hotel.

Sweet! Thanks :)
  • Options
    Don't think you would need to worry about being carded at a hotel bar on a Sunday Afternoon. They usually just ID you if your order from the bar.
    sweet deal
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    exactly...

ONE

MONTH

AWAY!

yes...june 22nd...woweee!
    :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...