Options

Washington, DC June 22 Pre-show and Fundraiser

Comments

• Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    Pegasus wrote:
    if they're as strict in DC than LA you won't have a problem. Unlike Chicago last year that asked for ID every place, I've only been asked once in the whole weekend.

...mind you I don't look anywhere near 21 :p
    just get yourself a fake ID goddamit!! ;)

edit: and of course I'll pop in at some point :D

ahh... nations capital.. probably strict...
    ahhhhhh
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Krisdababe wrote:
    That would be pretty sweet and all but nope...that won't be one of the choices ;)

Either Gorge 1 or 2, Boston Whale, E. Rutherford, brown Vic or Copenhagen.

Those are some good choices, go with the brown vic for the fanclub!!
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    blackngoldblackngold Posts: 264
    ahhhhhh

most likely this event will be all ages. Unfortunately work has been crushing me lately so i havent had a chance to confirm that.
    i'll post final details on location and age questions as soon as i know.
    and nation's capital being strict?...it all depends on what bar you go to.
  • Options
    blackngold wrote:
    most likely this event will be all ages. Unfortunately work has been crushing me lately so i havent had a chance to confirm that.
    i'll post final details on location and age questions as soon as i know.
    and nation's capital being strict?...it all depends on what bar you go to.
    cool.
  • Options
    cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 234
    Bar Louie is as much of a restaurant as a bar, so I couldn't imagine it is 21+ on a Sunday afternoon. I've only been to Grand Slam once, but I think it is probably open to all ages as well.
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimote; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    I'll be there :)
    (*scratches head* surprised laura didnt reply FOR me here, too :p)
    does anyone know anything about a hotel yet?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    luvistower wrote:
    I'll be there :)
    (*scratches head* surprised laura didnt reply FOR me here, too :p)
    does anyone know anything about a hotel yet?

i just posted info on the Hilton Garden Inn in Arlington, VA in the initial post. But here it is: http://www.hiltongardeninn.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=DCAARGI
    good rates and clean place in a good neighborhood. short metro ride to the arena. let me continue to check about hotels closer to the arena.
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    i hope to be there. i'm still working on my DC concert buddy who is a little bit afraid of large gatherings of pj fans. he thinks we're a cult. :p
  • Options
    nfanel wrote:
    i hope to be there. i'm still working on my DC concert buddy who is a little bit afraid of large gatherings of pj fans. he thinks we're a cult. :p

ha...but its a good kind of cult. no massive weddings involving 15 yr olds or anything like that. just straight up rock n roll
  • Options
    blackngold wrote:
    ha...but its a good kind of cult. no massive weddings involving 15 yr olds or anything like that. just straight up rock n roll
    we should dress up in cloaks and weird necklaces and chant, just to freak him out...
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    we should dress up in cloaks and weird necklaces and chant, just to freak him out...
    lol. :D
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    ahhhhhh
    Wigs, Steph. I can send one out. They make you look older. Or just weirder.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    Wigs, Steph. I can send one out. They make you look older. Or just weirder.
    dude, i just watched that ridonkulous jackie chan / jet li movie (my friends paid, since there was no way i'd spend money on it)...
    its totally your type of movie. lots of asians, and lots of wigs.
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    dude, i just watched that ridonkulous jackie chan / jet li movie (my friends paid, since there was no way i'd spend money on it)...
    its totally your type of movie. lots of asians, and lots of wigs.
    Lots of Asians only works for me if they stand there and just refuse to do the peace sign for photo-ops. Or pretend to take a dump.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    Lots of Asians only works for me if they stand there and just refuse to do the peace sign for photo-ops. Or pretend to take a dump.
    OH MY GOD there's totally a scene where he's in this crazy martial arts pose and jet li is like 'this is good.... if you are taking dump' or osmething like that.
    im telling you hinn its YOUR movie.
  • Options
    I shall be there.

I also have a Cleveland '06 poster I'd be willing to put in the auction/raffle. It was originally bought by my non-10C friend who I took to the show; he ended up never getting it framed and said I could have it. He didn't store it in a tube or anything, but as far as I can tell (not being a poster expert) it still appears to be in perfect condition.
    YNWA
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    just wondering , but why hasnt a definate spot been chosen for the raffle?
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    I'll be thur
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    melpetamelpeta Posts: 46
    Hi guys,
    Is it hard to get from Arlington (Marymount University campus) to Verizon Center by public transportation?
    This is going to be my first trip to US and I have no clue.
    By the way, still trying to figure out my ticket. Could anyone help me? I would prefer 10C. Polish fan since 94!
    Czesc

ps. Please PM if you could help me with the ticket. If not I will have to beg fn scalpers right before the show.
  • Options
    cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 234
    melpeta wrote:
    Hi guys,
    Is it hard to get from Arlington (Marymount University campus) to Verizon Center by public transportation?

It appears as though you can take a bus (23A and 23C) from the campus to the Ballston metro station. From there you can take the orange line subway to Metro Center, which is only a few blocks from Verizon.

http://wmata.com/metrobus/maps/va.pdf
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimote; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    Finally back in the action for east coast! Phil.. we'll have some raffle items to add once we do the new inventory :)

Anything further on a definite place?
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Finally back in the action for east coast! Phil.. we'll have some raffle items to add once we do the new inventory :)

99% it is taking place at Grand Slam at the corner of 10th and H streets, approximately 3 blocks from the arena.
    Also, i am glad to say that we will have quite a few things to raffle off. Just got confirmation that we'll have cooking classes and numerous gift certificates to local restaurants. Working on getting a week long cruise for 2 and Redskins tickets.
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    What bar was the pre-party at in '06? I forgot the name, but it was a great time!
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    What bar was the pre-party at in '06? I forgot the name, but it was a great time!

It was at RFD. but dont worry, the '08 fundraiser is gonna make '06 look like a 2nd grade birthday party that was held at the lame roller-rink with the broken disco ball.
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    blackngold wrote:
    It was at RFD. but dont worry, the '08 fundraiser is gonna make '06 look like a 2nd grade birthday party that was held at the lame roller-rink with the broken disco ball.

Woo hoo! Can't wait
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    melpetamelpeta Posts: 46
    Hi guys,
    I could donate a bottle of tasty polish vodka! Can't wait to meet you all.
    I will be flying in on 21st, so is there a remedy for a jet lag? I want to be ready to party on 22nd.
    Pawel
  • Options
    melpeta wrote:
    Hi guys,
    I could donate a bottle of tasty polish vodka! Can't wait to meet you all.
    I will be flying in on 21st, so is there a remedy for a jet lag? I want to be ready to party on 22nd.
    Pawel

well...i would advise keeping the bottle in your hotel room; bars dont allow outside beverages to be brought in. but thanks so much for offering...and look forward to meeting you. as for a remedy to jet lag...i hear Vitamin Water is pretty much the cure to anything that ails you...especially hangovers.
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    Foxy Mop wrote:

woot woot

can't wait for the show and the party....

to anyone out there if there is anything I can do to help let me know however I am in Chicago so not much I can offer...... but send me a PM
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    blackngold wrote:

ROFL ok this cracked me up!!!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    megpearlmegpearl Posts: 17
    I think I might stop by before the show and have a drink with you all. I look forward to meeting more PJ fans around the area! Can't wait for the show.
    The only things permanent in my life are my tattoo and Pearl Jam.