The tea party

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I realized that it's nearly Christmas and I'm stretched too thin at Christmas time to be buying concert tickets. I hate when bands sell their tix at this time of year.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Got floor Tix for the Ottawa show. I did the VIP Meet/Greet last tour for Transmission. Main reason for doing that was getting the coffee table Transmission book, and autographed to boot. Not sure why they did not sell or release these books. They are great!! Only given to the VIP guests.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Got floor Tix for the Ottawa show. I did the VIP Meet/Greet last tour for Transmission. Main reason for doing that was getting the coffee table Transmission book, and autographed to boot. Not sure why they did not sell or release these books. They are great!! Only given to the VIP guests.
    coffee table transmission book?????
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited December 2018

YES !! Beautiful hard bound book with photos and stories from the transmission era. Ill try to add a few photos here in a bit. Can only guess how many were made, maybe between 250 - 350

like I said, only VIP's got one and most vip's had them signed by the band during the meet/greet.

Post edited by willbarclay on

Image result for tea party transmission book

Ive also posted this elsewhere but thought id share here too. Picked this up on that transmission tour. Autographed Drumhead and stage used sticks.

The-Tea-Party-framed-signed-tramsmission-drumhead-sticks-I-Mother-Earth

• ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    I got Tea Party'd out back in the early 00's, but I saw them about 2 years ago and they were really good.   As a result we bought tickets for the upcoming show here in Victoria.  A show at a small bar on a Saturday.... pretty sweet :)
    Zod said:
    I got Tea Party'd out back in the early 00's, but I saw them about 2 years ago and they were really good.   As a result we bought tickets for the upcoming show here in Victoria.  A show at a small bar on a Saturday.... pretty sweet :)
    at a small bar? that sounds incredible. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Zod said:
    Too bad the curfews at 10pm though. 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13

i don't see a picture here. was there a pic of the book in this post?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Horse2345 said:
    Zod said:
    District is terrible too bad this show wasn’t at Capitol Ballroom.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

edited December 2018
    sign up for their mailing list and they will be sending out 3 Spendor Solis demos on Dec 15th. 

eepurl.com/lstC9
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• toolietoolie Posts: 388
    sign up for their mailing list and they will be sending out 3 Spendor Solis demos on Dec 15th. 

eepurl.com/lstC9

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up - have they released any Splendor Solis demos before?  I don't recall ever hearing any.

• ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    RobbyD462 said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Zod said:
    District is terrible too bad this show wasn’t at Capitol Ballroom.
    Capital Ballroom does have a better layout and is bigger.  Distrikt is a bit better since the dug a pit for in front of the stage.. so at least you can see over some people.   It was awful when the bar was call Legends the stage was barely off the floor (due to the low ceiling).  You couldn't see the band what was playing unless you were right at the front. 

Plus Distrikt is a night club.  Hence why the double dip on weekends.  Early concert, kick everyone out, bar night :(
    toolie said:

eepurl.com/lstC9

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up - have they released any Splendor Solis demos before?  I don't recall ever hearing any.

they posted these a few weeks ago on their youtube channel I think to spark some interest in the upcoming now-released single, and I guess they decided to release them. which is awesome. 

But I don't recall them ever releasing any SS demos before, no. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• sign up for their mailing list and they will be sending out 3 Spendor Solis demos on Dec 15th. 

eepurl.com/lstC9
    Did you get these? I've gotten stuff from them so I assumed I was already on the list but didn't get the demo tracks
    I am wired and fading...
    edited December 2018
    RoeDawg13 said:

eepurl.com/lstC9
    Did you get these? I've gotten stuff from them so I assumed I was already on the list but didn't get the demo tracks
    To celebrate the 25th anniversary of Splendor Solis, we're offering free downloads of 3 original demos. The tracks will only be available for the next 7 days so click here https://bit.ly/2QTlG3r   and get them while you can.

Also….! We're excited to announce that we'll be releasing Splendor Solis on vinyl. The first pressing will be available at our Toronto and Waterloo shows later this month with more information to follow. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• RoeDawg13 said:

eepurl.com/lstC9
    To celebrate the 25th anniversary of Splendor Solis, we're offering free downloads of 3 original demos. The tracks will only be available for the next 7 days so click here https://bit.ly/2QTlG3r   and get them while you can.

Also….! We're excited to announce that we'll be releasing Splendor Solis on vinyl. The first pressing will be available at our Toronto and Waterloo shows later this month with more information to follow. 
    Awesome, thanks man. Looking forward to that vinyl too, the prices for the OP on discogs and ebay are outrageous.
    I am wired and fading...
    There has been a pre-order for SS on amazon.ca for a little while now. I think release date said December 21st.

i don't see a picture here. was there a pic of the book in this post?

Yes I posted 4 photos of the inside

Im going to post another of the front with signatures in a minute. Not sure why you cant see them ??

Here is the front of the Transmission Book signed by the band

• I couldn't see the earlier pic either but that one works for me. Thanks for the heads up on the Amazon preorder, looks like Santa will be making a pit stop on the way to the States for me.
    I am wired and fading...
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    I paid like $150 for SS vinyl like 5 years ago.  Oh well.  Why I don’t buy expensive records anymore, they all get repressed eventually
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • scurtis said:
    I paid like $150 for SS vinyl like 5 years ago.  Oh well.  Why I don’t buy expensive records anymore, they all get repressed eventually

If I'd seen it that low recently I would have snagged it. Same thing happened with EoT though. I bought an original and 4 months later they announced the repress.
    I am wired and fading...
    that's sweet. i'd love to be able to see the rest of it someday. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

HughFreakingDillon Here are the original photos I posted that you couldn't see (below).

This book is going to be very scarce. There's a guy who's been trying to buy it from me for a while now.

Offering $400 as he has never seen the book come up anywhere. That's a good chunk of change but I just cant let it go

HughFreakingDillon Here are the original photos I posted that you couldn't see (below).

This book is going to be very scarce. There's a guy who's been trying to buy it from me for a while now.

Offering $400 as he has never seen the book come up anywhere. That's a good chunk of change but I just cant let it go

cool, i'll check these out later at home. yeah, I couldn't find a damn thing about the book online. that's crazy. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    RoeDawg13 said:
    scurtis said:

If I'd seen it that low recently I would have snagged it. Same thing happened with EoT though. I bought an original and 4 months later they announced the repress.
    I’m OK with it cause the album was such an iconic part of my youth like Ten and Vs, so it’s kinda nostalgic owning the original.

And now a days, it’s like two tanks of gas anyway.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."